Jump to content


A newbie question about Personal Reserves...


  • Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Iron_Soul_Stealer #121 Posted Dec 21 2018 - 21:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,190
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Dec 20 2018 - 01:56, said:

 There are four server regions and you may have accounts on all of them. Also some of the competitive clans dissuade active forum participation so some have forum accounts in addition to their organized play accounts.

 

"Forum accounts"..? Hmmm....

I still don't understand why people won't post in our forum using their main player account. I do. What are they so afraid of..?

 

*Oh, and regarding the existence of all of these 'alt' accounts, I have a theory about the consequences of that. Feel free to peruse:

Spoiler

 

I wonder if I should create a "forum account"..?



Iron_Soul_Stealer #122 Posted Dec 31 2018 - 04:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,190
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Dec 20 2018 - 01:56, said:

There are four server regions and you may have accounts on all of them. Also some of the competitive clans dissuade active forum participation so some have forum accounts in addition to their organized play accounts.

^..Dude..? You still out there..? ....:unsure: Or did your magic wear off..?

 

I'm wondering if I should create a "forum account", as well..? As it is right now, I just post on the forum with this account {my one and only main account}. But I'm thinking of making another account... like all the rest of the forum gang around here. If I did, would that violate Wargamings' ToS and EULA..?  Let me know...

 

 

 



TheManFromKekistan #123 Posted Dec 31 2018 - 07:42

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28 battles
  • 2,787
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Dec 30 2018 - 22:56, said:

^..Dude..? You still out there..? ....:unsure: Or did your magic wear off..?

 

I'm wondering if I should create a "forum account", as well..? As it is right now, I just post on the forum with this account {my one and only main account}. But I'm thinking of making another account... like all the rest of the forum gang around here. If I did, would that violate Wargamings' ToS and EULA..?  Let me know...

 

 

 

 

Apparently wg doesn't really care how many accounts you make as long as you don't troll with them. Several members have multiple forum accounts like gseries.

dunniteowl #124 Posted Dec 31 2018 - 17:30

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 30239 battles
  • 7,545
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

Unless you have a compelling reason, why bother with an Alt Account?  I post and play on this account and this one alone.  I have enough to do with this one account to not even wish to have another alt account.  Yeesh.  Too much bother.  Unless, as I said, there is a compelling reason.  The only one I can think of -- for me -- would be to use it to 'experiment' playing styles or techniques in a manner that I get the training without it affecting my original account.  As I'm already at 24K+ matches -- shrug.  It takes like 10 to 12 games to move my WR .01%.  A hundredth of a percent isn't enough to worry over.

 

As an example, I was 16/39 yesterday.  That's a 41% WR.  My starting Overall was 50.9% and I ended the day with a 50.87%.  Big deal.

 

As to having a posting account?  This is it.

 

YMMV

OvO



Iron_Soul_Stealer #125 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 05:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,190
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Dec 31 2018 - 01:42, said:

 

Apparently wg doesn't really care how many accounts you make as long as you don't troll with them. Several members have multiple forum accounts like gseries.

 

^..Ok, let me be more specific here.

 

What if I were to create a "forum posting account", as you described earlier, but with exactly the same 'Iron_Soul_Stealer' avatar, and forum profile etc., and almost the same username..? Would that still be Ok..? Or, would WG find a 'fault violation' with that..?

 

*Oh, and of course I wouldn't be 'trolling the forum'. I'd simply keep posting the way I have been. I don't think I'm 'trolling'...or posting anything that violates the ToS/EULA...:confused: Anyway, if I did that, let me know if you still think they wouldn't care...

 

 



TheManFromKekistan #126 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 05:41

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28 battles
  • 2,787
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jan 03 2019 - 23:37, said:

 

^..Ok, let me be more specific here.

 

What if I were to create a "forum posting account", as you described earlier, but with exactly the same 'Iron_Soul_Stealer' avatar, and forum profile etc., and almost the same username..? Would that still be Ok..? Or, would WG find a 'fault violation' with that..?

 

*Oh, and of course I wouldn't be 'trolling the forum'. I'd simply keep posting the way I have been. I don't think I'm 'trolling'...or posting anything that violates the ToS/EULA...:confused: Anyway, if I did that, let me know if you still think they wouldn't care...

 

 

 

Seen plenty of that so go for it. Again wg doesn't give a flying [edited] how many accounts you make as long as you don't troll with them.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #127 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 06:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,190
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Jan 03 2019 - 23:41, said:

 

Seen plenty of that so go for it. Again wg doesn't give a flying [edited] how many accounts you make as long as you don't troll with them.

 

^..Hmmmm...

I think I'm gonna need to get that in writing....from an official WG staff member/Admin. No offense, tho. You may be right, but as a precaution, maybe I should send in a support ticket and ask them directly..? Seriously. Because I really don't want to lose my one and only main account {this one}, as well as a "hypothetical forum" one. I love my Iron Soul Stealer account. And I still plan on using it. Besides, it's the only account I have. 

 

 

 



TheManFromKekistan #128 Posted Jan 04 2019 - 07:00

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28 battles
  • 2,787
  • Member since:
    02-03-2017

View PostIron_Soul_Stealer, on Jan 04 2019 - 00:55, said:

 

^..Hmmmm...

I think I'm gonna need to get that in writing....from an official WG staff member/Admin. No offense, tho. You may be right, but as a precaution, maybe I should send in a support ticket and ask them directly..? Seriously. Because I really don't want to lose my one and only main account {this one}, as well as a "hypothetical forum" one. I love my Iron Soul Stealer account. And I still plan on using it. Besides, it's the only account I have. 

 

 

 

 

If you sent a ticket they will quote the eula about only one account per server. They have this rule so it makes it easy to ban troll accounts. But do as you will.

Iron_Soul_Stealer #129 Posted Feb 06 2019 - 01:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,190
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Jan 04 2019 - 01:00, said:

 

If you sent a ticket they will quote the eula about only one account per server. They have this rule so it makes it easy to ban troll accounts. But do as you will.

 

Again, all that stuff sounds very tedious and arbitrary. I think I'll pass on the idea of creating a "forum account". 

 

Like I said, I'm not "trolling" here. I never have, and I never will. I admit, however, I do tend to have some constructively critical non-mainstream views and 'outside-the-box' comments and suggestions, sometimes....and that may upset some people that might be a bit sensitive in their highly conditioned beliefs and routine behaviours. I make no apologies for that. That's on them, not me.     

 

View PostTheManFromKekistan, on Dec 14 2018 - 20:00, said:

 

Well to be fair the only two skills that are more or less mandatory are sixth and camo if you want to compete vs tanks with multiskill crews. All the rest are useful but are incremental compared to those two. Sixth will save your booty from getting reamed by invisitanks and camo will keep you from getting spotted due to its almost doubling of base camo value. Skills for view range and gun handling etc are nice but are already covered by equipment which have much larger bonuses.

 

...but anyway, and getting back on topic here,

Regarding that crew skill 'Sixth-Sense' &Sensibility...

 

*Wasn't Wargaming proposing to give that sixth sense skill to ALL our players, for free..? I've heard from many experienced/veteran players, in the recent past, and they have all said that having and using 'sixth-sense' was so stupidly overpowered and so easy to pawn newbs that Wargaming was going to give it to ALL players as a #1 free default skill. What ever happened with that proposal..? Did they break off the engagement..?

 

 

 

   



Iron_Soul_Stealer #130 Posted Feb 27 2019 - 03:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 3183 battles
  • 10,190
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

Block Quote

 A newbie question about Personal Reserves...

 

^...And speaking of personal reserves...

 

*If we happen to win some premium time, I think we should be able to bank it {save it}...then activate it when we are ready. Sometimes, we are just not ready to play...or we have to log off for the night immediately after winning it, and it becomes wasted premium time. So, maybe WG can store our winning premium time up with our personal reserves. Then we can activate at OUR leisure, rather than theirs. I don't think that's asking for too much. 

 

Again, this is just my ten cents, here...:coin:

 

 

 






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users