What in the World are You Doing to the Grille 15 WG?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Vanatorr #41 Posted Jan 26 2017 - 20:13

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10700 battles
  • [LISIY] LISIY
Let's be honest though, the T110E5 needs a bit of a nerf to that cupola. The Grille 15 though, it does NOT need those proposed nerfs AT ALL. The reload, fine, but everything else, no freaking way...

AppleTank8 #42 Posted Jan 27 2017 - 03:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17067 battles
  • [FWHKU] FWHKU
From over here, kinda reminds me of the time the Hellcat was nerfed. Yeah, the mobility is gonna be a bit more garbage, but it still goes fast enough to get into a firing lane and blast people for 750. It's just not going to be a turret less medium tank anymore. 

Vanatorr #43 Posted Jan 27 2017 - 18:47

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10700 battles
  • [LISIY] LISIY

View PostAppleTank8, on Jan 26 2017 - 18:31, said:

From over here, kinda reminds me of the time the Hellcat was nerfed. Yeah, the mobility is gonna be a bit more garbage, but it still goes fast enough to get into a firing lane and blast people for 750. It's just not going to be a turret less medium tank anymore. 

It already has a turret...

Outkast1980 #44 Posted Jan 29 2017 - 23:15

Private

• Players
  • 22348 battles

Anyone that believes it should be nerfed is an idiot. I could care less about my stats, or stats, so save me that line of crap too This tank already bounces way more than it ever should. I bounced off a Bat Chat earlier 3 times , including once in the rear.  Shouldn't even be possible frankly.  I can tell you exactly how this tank works.  One map you pen everything, next map you pen nothing.  I know where to shoot 99% of the tanks out there, so save me that line of [edited]too.  It's speed, is it's saving grace for no armor.  If you nerf it's speed, and lower it's DPS it's not going to be on par with the other TD's. Right now my T110E4, is a bit slower, damage isn't to far behind, and has way better armor.   So common sense if you trash it's two benefits it will be useless. If this change goes through I will definitely get rid of it. Won't even TRY IT, because this is typical Wargaming reacting to the criers.

diesel_clatter #45 Posted Jan 30 2017 - 00:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30376 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

Heh, I been through this before.

I ground the whole French TD line and unlocked the Foch 155 literally days from the nerf that wiped it from tier 10 forever.  It is one of the few tier tens I have unlocked and never purchased.

When I came back to this game I started to notice these fast TD's with a tiny little head and insanely large gun that could poke up somewhere and blast me for a big pile of damage while presenting a small target in return.  It kind of reminds me of the eye of a crab sticking out a the water in a swamp or something.  "I have to get me one of those OP buggers" I told myself.  Not too long ago I finally finished grinding the Stupid Emil, a tank I will hate forever and moved on to the the Rhm Borsig which seems like a big step up.  Now, deja vu with the pending nerf announcement on the Grille 15.  

This gives me a second fundamental law of WOT forums.

1. No matter how crappy a tank seems to me somebody loves it and does very well in it and vocally defends it in the forums.

2. No matter how OP a tank is there will always be claims to the contrary in the forums.

Outkast1980 #46 Posted Jan 30 2017 - 05:19

Private

• Players
  • 22348 battles

View Postdiesel_clatter, on Jan 29 2017 - 23:09, said:

I ground the whole French TD line and unlocked the Foch 155 literally days from the nerf that wiped it from tier 10 forever.  It is one of the few tier tens I have unlocked and never purchased.

When I came back to this game I started to notice these fast TD's with a tiny little head and insanely large gun that could poke up somewhere and blast me for a big pile of damage while presenting a small target in return.  It kind of reminds me of the eye of a crab sticking out a the water in a swamp or something.  "I have to get me one of those OP buggers" I told myself.  Not too long ago I finally finished grinding the Stupid Emil, a tank I will hate forever and moved on to the the Rhm Borsig which seems like a big step up.  Now, deja vu with the pending nerf announcement on the Grille 15.  

1. No matter how crappy a tank seems to me somebody loves it and does very well in it and vocally defends it in the forums.

2. No matter how OP a tank is there will always be claims to the contrary in the forums.

It's it's not overpowered. All tanks have strengths and weaknesses like I explained above.   It moves fast, but in reverse it doesn't, I've tried it's definitely very useful.  You can't poke in and run out in a grille. Because you have no armor, you are dead immediately, and arty will shoot a grille 15 first at all times..  and it's nearly always a one shot.   

Vanatorr #47 Posted Jan 31 2017 - 02:41

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10700 battles
  • [LISIY] LISIY
The Grille 15 is balanced. It actually already has a slower RoF than the Object 268, because it cannot mount Vents.

shaolinsarge #48 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 19:58

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13114 battles
  • [-BAM-] -BAM-
At least to me i will do not need spend xp to grind this nerfed line
Jag line ok :trollface:

TheBattleMaster8 #49 Posted Feb 03 2017 - 11:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11848 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO
My biggest problem was the absurdly fast reload time for it's damage. Glad that's getting nerfed. It needed it.

TheBattleMaster8 #50 Posted Feb 03 2017 - 11:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11848 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO

View Postdiesel_clatter, on Jan 30 2017 - 00:09, said:

Stop chasing OP tanks, maybe? 

Outkast1980 #51 Posted Feb 05 2017 - 19:27

Private

• Players
  • 22348 battles

View PostTheBattleMaster8, on Feb 03 2017 - 10:33, said:

My biggest problem was the absurdly fast reload time for it's damage. Glad that's getting nerfed. It needed it.

Here is my issue with this.

The reload wasn't ALL that much faster than the T110E4. Just a couple seconds(I have both).  The DPM was higher on the Grille obviously, and it was a faster tank. That's what it really had over the T110E4. Now it's reload is going to be pretty dang close to the T110E4. It's damage will be about the same or a little less than the 110E4 now.  So what benefit is there to play the Grille(post nerf) over my 110E4. Damage will be pretty much even. Speed about the same, and way less armor.  

So no, I think this nerf is bad, and as typical per the "whiners" getting their wish.

Arty is just fine too. But hey people have cried enough, so they are getting "balanced"...::coughs NERFED::"too. Sorry but this game would be better off if they just fixed MM and left everything else alone.

B00BLEMAX #52 Posted Feb 05 2017 - 23:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13755 battles
  • [QSF] QSF
While your're at it WG, can you nerf the Skropion as well? 

Outkast1980 #53 Posted Feb 06 2017 - 07:30

Private

• Players
  • 22348 battles
Just nerf everything. Gives all nerf guns literally.

GetToZeeChoppa #54 Posted Feb 08 2017 - 11:21

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 30204 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

The reason it was nerfed:

Extremely mobile coupled with a ridiculously small hitbox for a turret, incredible aimtime, insane accuracy, reverse speed, gun depression, dpm.

"It has no armor, how is it OP, that surely balances it". Yeah, that surely balanced the Skorp G and WT E-100 (insert serb face here). 

If you're having trouble playing well with the tank, then you don't understand how to play it, as soon as you learn how to play it, you'll see how brutally OP and broken it is, it's stupid toxic. A TD that can outrun medium tanks, can trade with heavies, can play ridge lines, can snipe, can outspot, can use camo, can do EVERYTHING except take hits. Its broken, its toxic, it needs nerfed, now its completely fine the way it is in the test.

Examples of OP tanks that have terrible or weird armor:

E-25

Skorp G

WT E-100 (not here anymore but still a reasonable reference)

TVP 50/51

Skoda T50

Strv 103b

Object 416

and many more. 

If you learn how to position and not take hits in the Grille 15, you win 80% of the time, because of the platform available to you, with a gun as powerful as that.

If you honestly think that this thing didn't need a nerf, then please, just look at yourself. 

Edited by GetToZeeChoppa, Feb 08 2017 - 11:22.

Burning_Haggis #55 Posted Feb 09 2017 - 05:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38455 battles
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-

View PostHeldar, on Jan 25 2017 - 17:54, said:

It needs a nerf.  And I think it needs one harder than the one they wanna give it.  But at least its something.

Strange, all the people that say it needs a nerf seem to be predominately medium players.    I see a pattern here.  Got too mad when that big gun owned you, huh?     

HAYSEED1776 #56 Posted Feb 23 2017 - 15:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 32889 battles
  • [CALZS] CALZS

This is an outrage !!!  You stole my favorite tank ever the Waffenträger auf E 100 you give me back an inferior non-auto loading Grill 15 to begin with,less  armor,less hp almost less everything and 

now you going to nerf the inferior tank, this is ridiculous !!,it needed to be faster, not slower !! it needed more gun depression not less !! and a faster reload ,not longer !! go ahead and ruin another tank you guys are good at that ,,like when you ruined the T50,now its unplayable,back when you guys messed with the vk 's making 1 a heavy instead of being just a med,,yeah lets not even talk about the su26 arty that's just trash now,and T18 ..gone ,,and many others, keep going im looking for a new game .. don't even get me started about all the maps you took out of the game and you don't put anymore back.. except the crappy Paris map that was just reworked from the rampage mode,,geez really,,bring back pearl river,port,highway,dragon ridge,and a bunch of other ones !!   instead of just selling more black tanks !!

ErnieWrecker #57 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 00:38

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4939 battles
  • [AVNGE] AVNGE

View Postdiesel_clatter, on Jan 30 2017 - 00:09, said:

What's wrong with the St. Emil? Sure, its a slow TD and you have to be more conservative with your shots(i.e. be sure you have a high probability of hitting/penning the target you're aiming at), but it's a good TD if you get yourself into a good position and/or if the enemies place themselves in a bad one. Its not an easy tank to play in regards to mobility, but it can be fun. It does have decent gun depression, which can be helpful in some situations. Just don't expect to be able to survive if faster enemies manage to get in close to you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users