Jump to content


High Ping NA East Server

ping lag east ms tracert

  • Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

yoggraid #21 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 04:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 34747 battles
  • 11,476
  • [_D_] _D_
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013
The lag spikes are the most annoying and had three people on one of my teams including my self lagged at the same time only to die seconds later... 

LeaveIT2Beaver #22 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 05:38

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26805 battles
  • 5,831
  • [BRIG] BRIG
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostGhostPrime, on Feb 01 2017 - 19:44, said:

 

This looks like the server is set to ignore ICMP requests. As you can see your connection is getting through, as noted by the last hop with low latency. That said, if anyone is having issues with latency, please submit a ticket

 

Hey Ghost - over in feedback thread. Lots of these reports on lag spikes on the NA East.  I play the West, EU, Test server, Sandbox, and at times the RU - the ping is higher but the lag is just not there. The NA East has definite issues at Telia. And the reports of this go back to 2012


Packet loss / errors on NA East (Telia) - General Error ...    20 posts    May 18, 2015
Is there anyway to re-route around the Telia network ...    18 posts    Feb 6, 2014
Telia Lag and Packet loss - Gameplay Discussion    20 posts    Dec 22, 2013
Major lag on Sprint/Telia Servers - General Error ...    3 posts    Nov 19, 2012
More results from forum.worldoftanks.com

 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/529463-lag-so-bad-on-na-east-cant-play/

and

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/528464-na-east-and-west-server-at-ping-350-10-is-back/

 

 

 


Edited by LeaveIT2Beaver, Feb 02 2017 - 05:45.


johnmadara #23 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 06:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 29661 battles
  • 4,924
  • Member since:
    10-09-2011

View PostGhostPrime, on Feb 02 2017 - 00:44, said:

 

This looks like the server is set to ignore ICMP requests. As you can see your connection is getting through, as noted by the last hop with low latency. That said, if anyone is having issues with latency, please submit a ticket

 

130ms on east when its normally around 50ms (too lazy to make a ticket)

madgiecool #24 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 07:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 47617 battles
  • 4,313
  • [4NZAB] 4NZAB
  • Member since:
    06-10-2011

View PostStyo, on Feb 02 2017 - 11:23, said:

What's going on with the NA East server, getting really high ping. Normally 30-50ms, now it's 130-160ms. Live on the east coast and  have better ping to NA West.

 

Reply from 162.216.229.21: bytes=32 time=139ms TTL=55
Reply from 162.216.229.21: bytes=32 time=132ms TTL=55
Reply from 162.216.229.21: bytes=32 time=130ms TTL=55
Reply from 162.216.229.21: bytes=32 time=132ms TTL=55
Reply from 162.216.229.21: bytes=32 time=130ms TTL=55
 

Tracing route to dc11-sl-b21.fe.core.pw [162.216.229.21]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1     2 ms     2 ms     2 ms  router.asus.com [192.168.1.1]
  2    19 ms    23 ms     8 ms  174.115.188.1
  3    12 ms    15 ms    10 ms  69.63.255.149
  4    14 ms    13 ms    13 ms  209.148.230.161
  5    14 ms    18 ms    15 ms  209.148.230.6
  6    33 ms    32 ms    16 ms  tge2-1.fra01-1.de.as5580.net [78.152.34.42]
  7   144 ms   131 ms   143 ms  et-08-03-00.edge01.ash02.us.as5580.net [78.152.34.253]
  8   137 ms   131 ms   129 ms  78.152.53.146
  9   133 ms   135 ms   132 ms  dc11-n5596-fe-2-vl231.fe.core.pw [92.223.118.164]

 10   131 ms     *      140 ms  dc11-sl-b21.fe.core.pw [162.216.229.21]

Trace complete.

 

If 130-160 is A high ping, then I am a goddam Unicorn.

Styo #25 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 14:16

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 17638 battles
  • 952
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    08-11-2010

Looks like they fixed it.

 

Pinging 162.216.229.21 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 162.216.229.21: bytes=32 time=37ms TTL=54
Reply from 162.216.229.21: bytes=32 time=37ms TTL=54
Reply from 162.216.229.21: bytes=32 time=37ms TTL=54
Reply from 162.216.229.21: bytes=32 time=37ms TTL=54

Ping statistics for 162.216.229.21:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 37ms, Maximum = 37ms, Average = 37ms

 

 



The_Pro_3432142 #26 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 16:06

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7367 battles
  • 167
  • [SIEGE] SIEGE
  • Member since:
    10-25-2013

View PostStyo, on Feb 02 2017 - 03:01, said:

Not sure if this helps, WoWS ping is fine. Not sure if they are in the same Datacenter.

 

I would think not, It could overload the system possibly.

ElfMagi2 #27 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 19:48

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 40619 battles
  • 483
  • Member since:
    10-05-2013

View PostGhostPrime, on Feb 01 2017 - 19:44, said:

That said, if anyone is having issues with latency, please submit a ticket

I submitted a ticket and included 2 replays. All I got was a copy and paste response.



Faster_Blaster #28 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 19:52

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 19763 battles
  • 164
  • [RO-TD] RO-TD
  • Member since:
    04-20-2015
Its fixed for me too. Yesterday was around 330ms, unplayable, today 130ms, much better.

Styo #29 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 21:37

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 17638 battles
  • 952
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    08-11-2010

View PostElfMagi2, on Feb 02 2017 - 13:48, said:

I submitted a ticket and included 2 replays. All I got was a copy and paste response.

 

Aye, their Support is awful.

 

1. Players online - Significantly lower... hmm maybe there's a problem that players are not playing?

2. Submitted a ticket with more than enough information about routing, IP's, etc... get a response to run a WoT, WoWP, and WoWS diagnostic tool (lol)

3. Numerous players report the same issue (high ping on server should be a severe SLA), acts like the PC is broken

 

I literally stated in the ticket that it's on the networking side and not on the clients side.



iDestroya #30 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 22:12

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 44505 battles
  • 745
  • [LMAO] LMAO
  • Member since:
    06-06-2011
yup! it's fixed! back to normal ping.

Playz4Fun #31 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 05:35

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 1520 battles
  • 235
  • Member since:
    12-20-2016
I get high ping on both servers but never at the same time. Early this morning I had 475ms on USE and 67ms on USE for about 2hrs. I am in CO so usually I play USW and usually, it automatically assigns me to USW anyway. This happened a few weeks ago as well and I ended up finding out that the DNS for Comcast in several capital cities were going down like crazy.

msy4350 #32 Posted Feb 05 2017 - 14:13

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 13141 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    10-21-2014

I play on NA server and before 9.17 my ping was a constant 19-30ms. After 9.17 constant 60-140ms. So  it is in the update network or a server is non optimized for WoT.

Used speedtest several times just to check ping, and I was getting 5-12ms at other servers local in the region.

and yes, someone with a cellphone on your LAN will reek havoc on ping, but at time of checking I was alone on my LAN.



111psycho #33 Posted Feb 08 2017 - 15:58

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 21032 battles
  • 643
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011
WG never did anything substancial to solve these problems, they keep using Telia services, this kind of problem dates way back to 2011.

Styo #34 Posted Mar 09 2017 - 03:41

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 17638 battles
  • 952
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    08-11-2010

Ping is high again. I'm getting 90-120. I usually get 40-60.

 

What gives? How proactive is your IT/Systems team? How is it that they do not notice these issues before hand?

 

No, I won't submit a ticket with all my troubleshooting just to get an automated response from some Billy that reads support questions from a book.

 

C:\Windows\system32>tracert 162.216.229.21

Tracing route to dc11-sl-b21.fe.core.pw [162.216.229.21]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1     2 ms     1 ms     2 ms  router.asus.com [192.168.1.1]
  2    12 ms    12 ms    17 ms  174.115.170.1
  3    14 ms    20 ms    17 ms  69.63.255.149
  4    16 ms    45 ms    14 ms  209.148.230.161
  5    39 ms    28 ms    25 ms  69.63.249.26
  6    66 ms    49 ms    49 ms  be812.ccr41.iad02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.11.217]
  7   154 ms    50 ms    48 ms  38.88.214.162
  8   177 ms    84 ms    55 ms  dc11-n5596-fe-1-vl231.fe.core.pw [92.223.118.163]
  9    54 ms    56 ms    55 ms  dc11-sl-b21.fe.core.pw [162.216.229.21]



_Brew_ #35 Posted Mar 09 2017 - 22:56

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14879 battles
  • 1,036
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

NA East has been having lag spikes since the patch the other day.  The ping reads 45-60ms then jumps to 100s and I start rubberbanding and losing control of the tank.

 

This does not happen on the NA West server, yet I live on the East coast.  Shouldn't I be getting a steadier connection to the East server?

 

This is a new development since the last micropatch the other day.  Before then it had been about 80-90ms steady with no spikes or hiccups at all...for months.



BB_INFERNO #36 Posted Mar 11 2017 - 09:08

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6695 battles
  • 10
  • Member since:
    07-16-2013
From the hours of 7PM EST to 11PM EST is when the east and west servers are at its peak population....Between that time, is when most of us are experiencing the large amount of ping spikes....After 11PM EST, basically when the server populations start to die out, they become a lot more stable...Its possible the server wargaming must have recently upgraded to is way too underpowered for the amount of demand the game has...I think its time for a more beefier server to support the amount of people who log in on peak hours...

_Brew_ #37 Posted Mar 11 2017 - 14:49

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14879 battles
  • 1,036
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View PostBB_INFERNO, on Mar 11 2017 - 03:08, said:

From the hours of 7PM EST to 11PM EST is when the east and west servers are at its peak population....Between that time, is when most of us are experiencing the large amount of ping spikes....After 11PM EST, basically when the server populations start to die out, they become a lot more stable...Its possible the server wargaming must have recently upgraded to is way too underpowered for the amount of demand the game has...I think its time for a more beefier server to support the amount of people who log in on peak hours...

 

Happened to me at 7am Eastern Time today to me.  There were only 8000 people across both NA East and West.

 

I've been going back and forth with customer support tickets for the last two days.  Tried everything they said, none of it worked.  I'm going for a complete clean install of the game, because that was their last idea.  I guarantee it doesn't work...because the issue is with their servers, not with our computers.



Thrain_Ironsword #38 Posted Mar 11 2017 - 15:38

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14531 battles
  • 1,123
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
  • Member since:
    05-14-2014

View Post_Brew_, on Mar 09 2017 - 21:56, said:

NA East has been having lag spikes since the patch the other day.  The ping reads 45-60ms then jumps to 100s and I start rubberbanding and losing control of the tank.

 

This does not happen on the NA West server, yet I live on the East coast.  Shouldn't I be getting a steadier connection to the East server?

 

This is a new development since the last micropatch the other day.  Before then it had been about 80-90ms steady with no spikes or hiccups at all...for months.

 

Yep, I have been getting the same thing.   Occasional lag spikes since before the last update actually, but it has just been getting worse for the past few weeks.  It's kinda hard to have a decent match at all now because of the constant lag.

 

This is honestly about the only thing that would cause me to take a break from the game.  Everything else I can deal with.  Having bad matches because of bad ping is too much... can't do it. 


Edited by Thrain_Ironsword, Mar 11 2017 - 15:41.


_Brew_ #39 Posted Mar 11 2017 - 20:49

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14879 battles
  • 1,036
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

Just did a clean install this morning.  Fully wiped out every trace of the old WoT files and installed fresh.  Guess what?

 

 

NOTHING.  Still lag spike central on the servers.  The problem is on WG's end.  Simply can't play this game until they fix it.



Thrain_Ironsword #40 Posted Mar 12 2017 - 16:20

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 14531 battles
  • 1,123
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
  • Member since:
    05-14-2014

View PostStyo, on Mar 09 2017 - 02:41, said:

Ping is high again. I'm getting 90-120. I usually get 40-60.

 

What gives? How proactive is your IT/Systems team? How is it that they do not notice these issues before hand?

 

No, I won't submit a ticket with all my troubleshooting just to get an automated response from some Billy that reads support questions from a book.

 

C:\Windows\system32>tracert 162.216.229.21

Tracing route to dc11-sl-b21.fe.core.pw [162.216.229.21]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1     2 ms     1 ms     2 ms  router.asus.com [192.168.1.1]
  2    12 ms    12 ms    17 ms  174.115.170.1
  3    14 ms    20 ms    17 ms  69.63.255.149
  4    16 ms    45 ms    14 ms  209.148.230.161
  5    39 ms    28 ms    25 ms  69.63.249.26
  6    66 ms    49 ms    49 ms  be812.ccr41.iad02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.11.217]
  7   154 ms    50 ms    48 ms  38.88.214.162
  8   177 ms    84 ms    55 ms  dc11-n5596-fe-1-vl231.fe.core.pw [92.223.118.163]
  9    54 ms    56 ms    55 ms  dc11-sl-b21.fe.core.pw [162.216.229.21]

 

I got something that looked similar to this.  Must be those last few hops causing the problem... a specific server?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users