Can someone advise.....

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Nazarene_1 #1 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 17:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19074 battles

Hello gents,

I am experiencing a phenomenon that is truly exasperating. It seems that often when I press LMB to fire, I get thrown to the desktop. The game icon remains in the tray and I need only press it to get back in the game, but I'm sure all can appreciate the hair pulling this causes.

I am currently using JudgeDredd'a Jimbo sights pack, this problem did not seem to commence with the mod install, nor does it happen every time. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Or perhaps something similar?

Many thanks in advance

scyorkie #2 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 18:07

Major

• Players
  • 74349 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Does it happen if you play without that mod?

OlTanker #3 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 18:10

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18842 battles
First thing to do is uninstall the mod pack and see if it continues. It may be the mod pack has corrupted you game files, doubtful but possible. If it continues I'd delete the game defrag the disk then do a fresh install of the game and try it vanilla again to see if it happens.I have used 4 different mod pack, not the same as yours, and never had that issue happen. I use Aslain's now and it is stable as a rock.

TuShot #4 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 18:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9113 battles
Could also try changing the windowed/full mode of the game, see if somehow your LMB is triggering a click-through to something on the desktop.

BattlecryGWJ #5 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 19:04

Major

• Players
  • 35313 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD

Sometimes my game minimizes to desktop, but it hasn't been really linked to pressing my left mouse button, if I leave the game open and walk away it will sometimes just minimize itself with no intervention from me.  In my case I suspect that something is stealing focus from the game, causing it to minimize, but haven't bothered to dig into it.

If you're having an issue specifically linked to clicking the mouse button, then you may first want to try a different mouse if you have one available, followed by a different keyboard if a different mouse didn't resolve the issue.  Does the mouse have any kind of support software with it (such as Logitech Gaming Software)?  If so, a recent upgrade to that software may have created the issue or something that you configured in the software may be generating the issue (perhaps you inadvertently created a macro).

If you don't feel that the issue is related to your specific hardware then the recommendation to completely uninstall and reinstall the game, and test it without mods, is probably a good start.  If you're still having the issue then it is more likely that is something specific to the OS on your system.

Nazarene_1 #6 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 19:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19074 battles

Great responses gents, 

At work ATM but I will explore these when I get home this evening-

S!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users