arty animation smoke illumination auto-equip auto-return ideas

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Monkey_Slayer_ #1 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 22:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39957 battles

Howdy Folks, 

This post is for those who enjoy WOT and have a desire to see it improve. Before I dive into my suggestions and ideas, I want you to know at the end of this, there is an invitation for you to post your own ideas as well, or tweaks and suggestions to the ones I propose. I know there will be the inevitable troll who will simply dismiss or discredit any and every idea, but don't let them distract or deter you from posting your ideas. So here we go...

1. Equipping and mounting animation.

Players who spend so many hours and games (and reserves) grinding to research a module (i.e. gun, or tracks needed for the extra weight of the gun) should be rewarded with an animated visual display of the old tracks being removed and new tracks being mounted, or the old gun being removed and the new gun being mounted.  These are minor achievements and sometimes major depending on the grind.  This would appeal to newer players and in part it would be a mini-celebration of that accomplishment.  

Pros: Depending on how cool WG makes the animation, it would be at least interesting to see your modules unlocked and see the difference between the guns or turrets.

Cons: Could be time consuming if you were using free XP to fly up a tech tree to a certain tank. An example is when you play on the test server and you have 100,000,000 XP and you have to unlock everything back to back to get to the tier ten you want to test. 

Solution: A check box to forego any animation, just like you do if you want to miss the intro video when you log on

2. New Tank Animation

Same as the above, when you finally unlock that next tier tank, it should roll out on a red carpet with fireworks and hot chicks in skanky uniforms (or guys if you're a tanker chick).  The same would apply when your drop some cash for a premium tank.  As an example, remember when everyone was doing the Christmas ornament thing? It was kinda cool when the red smoke flare landed in your garage and a box landed with a thud, and you opened it to reveal whatever it was you just unlocked.  You can say you didn't like it, but I did.  Imagine if you unlocked that tank you've been grinding for and it rolls out like the bad 4ss tank machine you expect it be.  It is an accomplishment and WG would get to be your accomplice in enjoying that achievement. This could apply to gold you buy or reserves you unlock instead of that gimpy sound of change being spent as you just plunked down your hard earned cash.

Pros: Simple enjoyment. Appeal to newer players. WG acknowledging an achievement.

Cons: None, because as mentioned before, you can click a box admitting you are a soulless bastard that hates music, kicks puppies and doesn't get a small thrill when he/she unlocks a tank.  Admit it, you at least say "Finally!!" when you get enough XP or credits to get that next tank.

3. Option to have cross chat.

If you're new, then maybe you don't know the fun and joy of being able to dialog with your red enemy.  Once upon a time, WG allowed cross chat and it added a pleasant dimension to the battle. Ok, it wasn't always pleasant, but it was always at least interesting.  I miss it, and I would like the option to have it back and self-filter with a simple box I could check to have or not have.  WG, let me have the choice to engage in communication with the other team.  I would go as far to say that if the box is unchecked then there should not be the option to complain about things said in chat and all tickets about anything chat related be dismissed.

4. Arty (IKR)

• Introduce smoke rounds
  • Introduce illumination rounds
  • Less damage, more accurate, and faster reloads

I won't say a lot about this because you can not go on the forum on any given day and not see some new post about arty. No one will ever be happy about arty. The players of arty will hate any changes, and everyone else will hate WG for not changing it.  If there were the option to use smoke or illumination rounds, arty players would always have the option to NOT do damage. That would make arty tactical, and perhaps even provide XP for lighting tanks (Arty players suffer from XP anemia).   For those who say that the servers and game engine will not support the use of smoke should look at the new enhancements to the game engine and know also that smoke does not have to be billowing white clouds of FPS sugging graphics. It can be subtle.  On a side note,  I am an arty player, and I would prefer that WG remove arty rather than nerf it to the point of frustration.  

5. Tank Mines

Ok, this is a wild card, and it's just food for thought. What if light tanks could deploy tank mines? It doesn't have to be light tanks, but it would give them another facet or dimension. The idea comes from the train of thought to have engineers, which are a real branch in the military corp. They lay bridges, destroy bridges, and actually use mine sweepers.  I will admit that this idea is half cooked and needs tweaks and suggestions, but in theoretical concept and application, there could be a class of tank that repairs tanks, deploys mines and removes mines. Perhaps this type of tank would only get a certain number of mines (say 3) but for every enemy mine they remove, they can redeploy. They would get XP for repairing tanks. The correct term is Combat Engineers, and it could be a special perk or a class of tank. Maybe they could only repair in proportion to the amount of damage they had caused.   

6. Premium Crews

We have female crew members that can be initially deployed to any tank or nationality, and they come pre-equipped with Sisterhood of Steel.  I love my tank Chicks.  I know we have all thought "Man, I wish I could put my (fill in the blank) crew in my (fill in the blank tank)." It would be cool if a crew could become a Premium Crew that you could move from tank to tank. I currently do not have a six perk crew, but I have a couple that are working toward their sixth perk.  Maybe after you complete the 4th crew skill, they can be a Premium Crew, and any tank they are used in other than their "home" tank, there is no crew XP applied, but you can be use that crew in any tank with full crew skills (unless it's a premium tank, in which case you would get crew XP anyway).  Just an idea, and please feel free to expound and extrapolate.

7. Your Idea

This is where you get to include your unique idea or tweak the ones already suggested. Sure, you could use this opportunity to bash, thrash and otherwise flame what is suggested here, but why? Toss in your two cents, but also toss in what you think would improve the game. I wish we had auto-equip so I don't have to look through my tanks to find that elusive cammo net or binnos. I wish we had a clock in the garage. I would like to see tanks that are destroyed in battle not be able to offer their infinite wisdom and insight via chat when they should be relegated to austere silence or the only option that remains, which is to return to the garage. So, here is your opportunity...if you cared enough to venture over to the Forums and if you cared enough to read this post, maybe you are not just the casual player or tank dilettante. What would make this game better? They (you know who they are) sometimes actually listen to us, so maybe what you think would actually make an important improvement.

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you on the battlefield, preferably on my team so I'm not forced to make an indelible impressions on your tank.

Monkey

PapioTitan #2 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 23:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 45540 battles

I'm indifferent to the animation idea. I think most would like to see it once then meh....

I like the idea of smoke rounds and mines. Atmospherics could come into play. Mines should only slow tanks and do minimal damage

I've wondered if we should be able to advertise and trade tanks and crew members. I have a barracks full of trained crew that I probably won't use again. WG could get a cut.

Good topic

SACEUR #3 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 23:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38890 battles

View PostMonkey_Slayer_, on Feb 02 2017 - 13:41, said:

4. Arty (IKR)

• Introduce smoke rounds
  • Introduce illumination rounds
  • Less damage, more accurate, and faster reloads

I won't say a lot about this because you can not go on the forum on any given day and not see some new post about arty. No one will ever be happy about arty. The players of arty will hate any changes, and everyone else will hate WG for not changing it.  If there were the option to use smoke or illumination rounds, arty players would always have the option to NOT do damage. That would make arty tactical, and perhaps even provide XP for lighting tanks (Arty players suffer from XP anemia).   For those who say that the servers and game engine will not support the use of smoke should look at the new enhancements to the game engine and know also that smoke does not have to be billowing white clouds of FPS sugging graphics. It can be subtle.  On a side note,  I am an arty player, and I would prefer that WG remove arty rather than nerf it to the point of frustration.  

5. Tank Mines

Ok, this is a wild card, and it's just food for thought. What if light tanks could deploy tank mines? It doesn't have to be light tanks, but it would give them another facet or dimension. The idea comes from the train of thought to have engineers, which are a real branch in the military corp. They lay bridges, destroy bridges, and actually use mine sweepers.  I will admit that this idea is half cooked and needs tweaks and suggestions, but in theoretical concept and application, there could be a class of tank that repairs tanks, deploys mines and removes mines. Perhaps this type of tank would only get a certain number of mines (say 3) but for every enemy mine they remove, they can redeploy. They would get XP for repairing tanks. The correct term is Combat Engineers, and it could be a special perk or a class of tank. Maybe they could only repair in proportion to the amount of damage they had caused.   

Those ARTY ideas been around for years but will never get into the game because WG is focusing their efforts on the audience who play this game on battery powered potatoes. 

__Worm__ #4 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 23:18

Major

• Players
  • 35084 battles

Monkey Slap Go!!11!!

good ideas ...

GeorgePreddy #5 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 23:26

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles
I rate your poast 1 of 10 for genuine wit, 5 of 10 for silliness and .001 of 10 for sincerity.

Dizzy_Squirrel #6 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 23:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9448 battles

I like most of the ideas you've mentioned.

I'd like to see them allow us to be able to play on the EU servers if we want. Just switch, like we can do with NA East or West. If they can't or won't do that, I'd like to see the NA East and West Merge. There's no reason not to merge them, the population would still be lower than either EU server.

Edited by Dizzy_Squirrel, Feb 02 2017 - 23:30.

SpiritCollector #7 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 23:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 23942 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Feb 02 2017 - 23:26, said:

I rate your poast 1 of 10 for genuine wit, 5 of 10 for silliness and .001 of 10 for sincerity.

Cutthroatlemur #8 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 23:32

Major

• Players
  • 19720 battles
All good ideas, except mines...that would be just as annoying by as arty.

KanataKonoe #9 Posted Feb 02 2017 - 23:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 27819 battles
  • [-L-L-] -L-L-
For number 2..... Just hell no boy. Gross. 

ket101 #10 Posted Feb 03 2017 - 00:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18441 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M

Smoke rounds have been discussed to death.  WG has stated in the past that it puts an additional load on individual computers and on the servers; for personal computers it's the added load of graphics, and for servers it's the added load of additional sighting calculations.  Potentially, co-ordinated groups could use smoke to lag out opponents.

I don't know of any mine laying tanks in WoT's time period.  Minesweeping tanks, yes, but not mine laying.  Distribution of small mines is a pretty recent development, and not wholly within the technology/time window that WoT uses.  Pretty sure it would end up on the pile with composite armour and smoothbore guns.  And if you did implement mines, it would almost certainly cause such an uproar that it would make arty hate seem affectionate in comparison.

Monkey_Slayer_ #11 Posted Feb 03 2017 - 00:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39957 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Feb 02 2017 - 23:26, said:

Good sir, 

Since you offered no original ideas of your own, I will not deign to rate your comment. But for being the inevitable troll, I give you First Place for finishing first in the Troll Award. 

But, thank you for reading my "poast".  You rock. 

Waiting4U2Die #12 Posted Feb 03 2017 - 01:36

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16188 battles
  • [-HOPE] -HOPE

Good ideas, I'll take note of them for the game I would like to develop, since I'm learning computer programming for that purpose.

Silv3rfox #13 Posted Feb 03 2017 - 21:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 27435 battles
  • [HIVE1] HIVE1

What happens when someone becomes unable to use their account? 

For you young uns, skiing down a hill and oops break your neck or whatever.

I'm 72 and would like to pass on my account to my son who also has an account.

(Not at the moment, although i'm 72, mentally and physically, I feel like 52. So a few years till I get put out t pasture. (I hope). )

I've had my account for 3 years, and although I don't play at the unicum level, I greatly enjoy the game and have spent some money accumulating equipment and personnel.

Like all other games, when done with them, because you own them, you either sell them, trade them or give them away.

I think one should have the same options with one's account.

What would happen if I left my account to my son in my last will and testament. Because it would be a legal document, would WOT be obliged to comply??????

OK so I've rambled a bit. You get the idea, what do you think?

GeorgePreddy #14 Posted Feb 03 2017 - 21:31

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostSpiritCollector, on Feb 02 2017 - 19:31, said:

All the cool kids spell it like I do... "poast".

GeorgePreddy #15 Posted Feb 03 2017 - 21:34

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostSilv3rfox, on Feb 03 2017 - 17:29, said:

What would happen if I left my account to my son in my last will and testament. Because it would be a legal document, would WOT be obliged to comply??????

No... because you do not now, nor have you ever "OWNED"  "YOUR"  account. WG company has just magnanimously allowed you to use an account that they own in their game.

GeorgePreddy #16 Posted Feb 03 2017 - 21:37

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostMonkey_Slayer_, on Feb 02 2017 - 20:04, said:

Good sir, 

Since you offered no original ideas of your own, I will not deign to rate your comment. But for being the inevitable troll, I give you First Place for finishing first in the Troll Award. 

But, thank you for reading my "poast".  You rock. 

You are welcome... and I know I rock... and all the cool kids spell it "poast".  There are no original ideas, everything is plagiarized. Trolling is my pleasure, good sir.

Oolab1 #17 Posted Feb 05 2017 - 10:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 24885 battles
Your post made me smile all the way through reading it.  I wish more posts were this good.  Keep it up good sir.  I also like where you're going on many of your ideas.  I've thought about the arty thing a bit, but I think it would be worse if they made the guns more like regular tanks, because then they would come off as being just regular tanks that dont have to take risks on the front lines.  I don't know what the solution to arty is, but they said they had ideas for 2017 so who knows (obviously I play arty by my profile pic).  As for the animations, I LOVE it!  Can't tell you how many times I've wanted something like that!

smol_phanzo #18 Posted Feb 15 2017 - 00:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35177 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

Nice ideas Monkey. I like the idea of mines, but I think that should be more of a map implemented feature. There can be designated minefields in certain areas that teams would actively be trying to avoid. The mines would disable tracks and trap advancing tanks in the open if they dare to cross it. This would probably force engagements into specific portions of a map, but that's kinda the case already :trollface: On the other hand it would provide an opportunity to add mine sweeping abilities to certain tanks that can be "immune" to mines, thus clearing a path for allies to advance safely. Just an idea :coin:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users