22 replies to this topic

iBONERATOR #21 Posted Oct 30 2018 - 23:47

Private

• Players
  • 815 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

SparkyGT,

Got the pm from you :P

I have GNU Image manipulation program and Fireworks MX2004 (yeah its old but I know it and love it) and have been trying my hand at making race tracks using a 10px wide dark grey line with a 1px yellow line in middle of grey line and layering it on global_AM.dds file from Aslain's extra map details addon (and all in a World_Of_Tanks_Racing folder instead of normal game folder). It shows up but is out of position and not to correct scale for map. Even after many scaling attemps, it still stays the same size and offset from it's required location on map.

So obviously my current approach is incorrect and need advice on how to actually do the track layout.

Also wanting to know if skins can be added that would allow members of clan to select a different skins for the same tank (ie: We use either PzIC or BT-7 tanks) so that when racing all members would see a variety of tanks/vehicles racing (much like how your NHL Clan racing was done).

Edited by iBONERATOR, Oct 31 2018 - 00:44.

JLdragon #22 Posted Oct 31 2018 - 04:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17369 battles
  • [MISF] MISF

View PostiBONERATOR, on Oct 30 2018 - 14:47, said

Also wanting to know if skins can be added that would allow members of clan to select a different skins for the same tank (ie: We use either PzIC or BT-7 tanks) so that when racing all members would see a variety of tanks/vehicles racing (much like how your NHL Clan racing was done).

as far as i can remember as it has always been with WG. any skins and or remodels are only client side, therefore however you remodel / recolor any tank, that tank will look the same to you only and other players will not see it.

Basically for example:

recolor the T2LT all red. It is place in the correct directory on my pc.

any time i see the T2LT in random battles, race mod, etc.. it will look like the one i recolored. any other player who does NOT have this skin will see the tank as it is by default.

Only way that you would be able to have several different colors of the same tank that ALL players would be able to see them is if:

1. Running a private server where you are able to add this option:

2. convince WG to add the multiple colored tanks of the same type to their server. (which not gonna happen)

3. have a mod that would override the server based information to allow all players to see the same tank with different skins (Recolors). Which would most likely get ya ban hammered. (unless otherwise permission given by WG to allow the mod to usable in WoT)

Hence why many remodelers will post on their pages / forum posts that any tank recolor / remodel is client side. therefore any tank that has been remodeled and added to the correct vehicle directory will show the same as the one you have installed. ALL Other players will NOT see the remodel you have installed into your CLIENT Side directory.

Edited by JLdragon, Oct 31 2018 - 04:10.

SparkyGT #23 Posted Nov 01 2018 - 15:59

Major

• Players
  • 46389 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-

View PostiBONERATOR, on Oct 30 2018 - 15:47, said:

SparkyGT,

Got the pm from you :P

I have GNU Image manipulation program and Fireworks MX2004 (yeah its old but I know it and love it) and have been trying my hand at making race tracks using a 10px wide dark grey line with a 1px yellow line in middle of grey line and layering it on global_AM.dds file from Aslain's extra map details addon (and all in a World_Of_Tanks_Racing folder instead of normal game folder). It shows up but is out of position and not to correct scale for map. Even after many scaling attemps, it still stays the same size and offset from it's required location on map.

So obviously my current approach is incorrect and need advice on how to actually do the track layout.

We are getting this figured out, and i may be able to join in a race or two on SEA server :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users