• 0 battles
Keep your eyes peeled!

The full text of the news item

SpectreHD #2 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 18:28

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16187 battles
  • [TT] TT

Shame there is no American M60A1 ingame to represent America.

"Hey, watch us promote this tank game in America! Sorry we don't have the M60A1 that should have been in the tech tree. Oh, that second US medium line? We just divert resources to make reward vehicles. Please buy more Gold so we can listen to the RU playerbase instead!"

Edited by SpectreHD, Feb 04 2017 - 18:42.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #3 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 18:32

Major

• Players
  • 15555 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

wg just stop

NOW

go back to when commercials were RELATED TO YOUR PRODUCT.

like this

where are the videos we used to make music videos out of

show you have faith in your product by advertising the PRODUCT.   not "vaguely related parody/comedy skits"

SpectreHD #4 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 18:46

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16187 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Feb 05 2017 - 01:32, said:

wg just stop

NOW

go back to when commercials were RELATED TO YOUR PRODUCT.

For the first video, they can't. Their games aren't winning anymore awards.

Fresco26 #5 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 18:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39569 battles
  • [SMIRC] SMIRC
all that money that went into that super bowl ad could of gone into you know more freaking MAPS wth :hiding:......

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #6 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 18:55

Major

• Players
  • 15555 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

View PostSpectreHD, on Feb 04 2017 - 10:46, said:

For the first video, they can't. Their games aren't winning anymore awards.

i wonder why that is..

but regardless.  they can still make entertaining clips showing what the game is like

just take a look at EVE Online,  they've made an art out of it to such an extent that when someone watches a trailer they tend to return to the game,  regardless of why they left it.

its not even about content half the time,  but theorys.   like karma,  consequences,  butterfly effect.

https://www.youtube....614A7A6461E61E1

compare that,  a nearly 14 year old game.   to WoT...

and WoT is down to using parody and weak comedy that has nothing to do with their game.   it shows what to game critics........it shows WG has no faith in their product standing on its own.

when people say WoT is dying,  stuff like these trailers showing the Dev's lack of faith only prove their point.

heck they could make a contest out of it.  let players make a trailer for a gold reward for them and their clan

heres an example

the point where i felt like joining their clan? it starts at 1:10

now imagine a real life battle montage recreated in WoT.   theres your super bowl trailer.

show off the improved tank models,  the HD maps,  the physics.

or lets looks at WoWS.  are they doing stupid gimicks?  nope

they using naval legends series.   show history of ships.

that works

Edited by Strike_Witch_Tomoko, Feb 04 2017 - 19:10.

BananaCannon #7 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 19:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21029 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Feb 04 2017 - 09:55, said:

heck they could make a contest out of it.  let players make a trailer for a gold reward for them and their clan

heres an example

They actually did that already some time ago, where they paid gold to the treasury if you made a recruitment video involving some game footage, and rewards to whichever the best voted one was. I don't think they got very many entries though regretfully, since most of the clans capable of that already had them and not a lot of people have video editing experience.

As for the ad quality I find these ads stupid and abnoxious.  I get that it's supposed to be viral and just get people to check it out.Teenage males are probably the main audience here but I don't think that directly translates to abnoxious machismo. It doesn't feel like the game I want to play with my friends, or to make friends with the ones playing. That is where user retention comes from - getting people to play it with people they like to hang out with, not "TANKS HELL YEAH".

You'd be better off getting promo invite codes for people for credits and a low tier premium, if they invite other people or something, and mentioning it in the ad. Would people abuse it, yeah probably. Most people don't want to play those new accounts though, because the barrier to entry in this game is so high. You need to make the invite codes richer and reduce the low tier grind to help people get into the game faster. That's the biggest problem here not exposure. You'd get way more out of the boon to actual people registering, with friends that might stick around or help encourage them to hang out.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #8 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 19:17

Major

• Players
  • 15555 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

View PostBananaCannon, on Feb 04 2017 - 11:09, said:

They actually did that already some time ago, where they paid gold to the treasury if you made a recruitment video involving some game footage, and rewards to whichever the best voted one was. I don't think they got very many entries though regretfully, since most of the clans capable of that already had them and not a lot of people have video editing experience.

As for the ad quality I find these ads stupid and abnoxious.  I get that it's supposed to be viral and just get people to check it out.Teenage males are probably the main audience here but I don't think that directly translates to abnoxious machismo. It doesn't feel like the game I want to play with my friends, or to make friends with the ones playing. That is where user retention comes from - getting people to play it with people they like to hang out with, not "TANKS HELL YEAH".

aye

what point do these trailers accomplish

bringing in new players? no.  to attract them you need to show them excitement

bringing back old players? no.  to do this you need to show them how the game has changed or improved(opps...sorry wg...did i just shoot a hole in your last 2 years of work....still waiting for historical and PvE.  plus new maps.....new game modes.....)

all this does is give people a short laugh and then they forget it cause its weak, it says nothing about the game, and its stale.

now WoWS is rocking with trailers (outside of the naval legends which tend to be good when they not on fake russian ships or runaway russian ships)

heres a WoWS trailer PERFECT for superbowl

actual tv commercial

WoWS Dev definitely show they confident in their product.

no wonder they've announced in 2017 for PvE modes, and more

Nudnick #9 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 19:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16295 battles
Get ready for a whole bunch of new guys after the game. Or so WG hopes anyway.

US_3rd_Army #10 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 19:32

Captain

• Players
  • 34339 battles
  • [SSGS] SSGS

View PostFresco26, on Feb 04 2017 - 12:49, said:

all that money that went into that super bowl ad could of gone into you know more freaking MAPS wth :hiding:......

Amen brother.

All that money that could have gone to actually fixing the game or add new maps, etc. was wasted on these ads...which all suck the big one

Hey content_WG, if you made stuff people liked, maybe, just maybe your reputation points would be in the green, lol

Fog_Carrier_Hornet #11 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 19:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 7665 battles
  • [OARAI] OARAI

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Feb 04 2017 - 19:17, said:

aye

what point do these trailers accomplish

bringing in new players? no.  to attract them you need to show them excitement

bringing back old players? no.  to do this you need to show them how the game has changed or improved(opps...sorry wg...did i just shoot a hole in your last 2 years of work....still waiting for historical and PvE.  plus new maps.....new game modes.....)

all this does is give people a short laugh and then they forget it cause its weak, it says nothing about the game, and its stale.

now WoWS is rocking with trailers (outside of the naval legends which tend to be good when they not on fake russian ships or runaway russian ships)

heres a WoWS trailer PERFECT for superbowl

actual tv commercial

WoWS Dev definitely show they confident in their product.

no wonder they've announced in 2017 for PvE modes, and more

I have to agree that wows defiantly does most of their commercials right

REDRUM_Inc #12 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 19:56

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32944 battles
Not only are the commercials vague and pointless, check out the tanksrule.com site they are actually advertising!  It's even vaguer!  TOTAL EPIC WASTE OF RESOURCES AND MONEY!!!!!!!!

Blackhorse_Six_ #13 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 20:00

Major

• Players
  • 40378 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostSpectreHD, on Feb 04 2017 - 12:28, said:

Oh, that second US medium line? We just divert resources to make reward vehicles.

Phoniewaffenkrappen FTW !

Bolted_On #14 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 20:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 50762 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU
GO FALCONS !!

ricardocabesa #15 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 20:18

Private

• Players
  • 28918 battles

I'm glad you posted the commercials for us to watch online! Now I can completely ignore the game and the projected political muckraking on Sunday...

RicardoCabesa

warrior531 #16 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 20:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12525 battles
  • [HAL-X] HAL-X
What in the world did I just watch?

WarPickle23 #17 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 20:31

Private

• -Players-
  • 8768 battles
  • [CHLLN] CHLLN
It would be nice if WG would use the resources dumped into these stupid commercials to actually work on fixing all the broken mechanics in the game... Arty is a complete FAIL, MM is a complete FAIL, but hey, WG can pump out stupid Christmas tree graphics, lame commercials and a never ending stream of worthless updates that fix nothing.... Keep up the good work!!!! Make sure you post another "town hall" video next week where you claim to be working on all the crap you will never fix because you spend all your time and money creating gimmicks that nobody cares about.

SlotRacer #18 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 20:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 48106 battles
  • [RDDT6] RDDT6

View Postwarrior531, on Feb 04 2017 - 14:25, said:

What in the world did I just watch?

A gigantic waste of money... that's what you just saw... millions of dollars that won't make a difference at all.

Zensuu #19 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 20:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 6632 battles
  • [PHOKT] PHOKT
Why? These would be much better without the whole "In a world of tanks, TANKS RULE" thing.

Dunfalach #20 Posted Feb 04 2017 - 21:27

Major

• Players
  • 18138 battles

I get the intent of the commercials. But they don't quite succeed at what's intended.

1) The "tanks rule", why on earth did you get a different voice to do that one line? You had an epic deep voice there, if he had delivered the "tanks rule" part with the same tone and inflection as he did the rest, dropping down into a gravely menace, that would have carried some weight. The switch to "adult trying to sound like an enthusiastic teenager" just disrupts the whole effect.

2) I don't count this super heavily against simply because I know finding a running tank that's actually in the game and whose owner is fine with ramming it through wood at the risk of scratching the paint is somewhat limited in choices. And the Sherman is at least an iconic tank. But I do wonder if there were other options available to you for what tank to use. The Sherman isn't really an intimidating tank in terms of appearance. It's sort of the minivan of tanks. It does the job it's meant to do, but it's not exactly the coolest and most powerful-looking thing out there. ;)

3) I felt like the comedic timing and sense of story was off on the first two. The last one actually gave enough lead to invest you a little in the teensy house story, setting up the pending decision....and then tank in the background casually doing its thing just before they announce their decision. It was well timed. The fantasy one was okay, though it could have been developed a little more. The first two didn't do a good a job of establishing themselves. Teensy house had a story that was interrupted by a tank. Stiffedra and Bad moms had empty filler that didn't really seem interrupted, it was just taking up space until the tank appeared.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users