• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

D6_ #1 Posted Feb 05 2017 - 19:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30537 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK

Dead WG,

We appreciate your efforts to bring relevance back to the German heavy tank line.  The buffs to the Maus especially make it much more survivable in tank combat.  Quite sadly though, you've failed.

Out of 11 games in the "new" tanks (Maus, 7002) on open maps, each and every one, in the end, I was killed by arty.  While they are moderately acceptable fighting tank-on-tank, they are too slow and slab sided to deal with arty.  I wish I could express my frustration with getting penned for 1120hp by a Obj261 over and over, or getting HE'd for 1700 by a T92, I find no sufficient way to do so.

All the changes you make trying to balance the game have been for naught because you insist in leaving arty in the game.  Even in the slowest of tanks, its not lights, or Super Soviet Meds™, or huge TD's that ruin the game, it is arty.  Its a broken mechanic that virtually everyone that plays the game actively dislikes, if not despises.

Stop messing with accuracy, shell travel times, and my beloved Grille 15, JUST NERF/DROP ARTY!!!!

My thanks for listening.

P.S. - Also, FU for those stupid HE guns on the Japanese heavies, and again for ruining the Grille 15.

CanOfTomatoes #2 Posted Feb 05 2017 - 19:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 15065 battles
poor baby was trolling around in his big bad heavy and got plunked by the fearsome arty....hands you a box of Kleenex always load a full box prior to hitting the battle button.

D6_ #3 Posted Feb 05 2017 - 19:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30537 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Feb 05 2017 - 13:39, said:

poor baby was trolling around in his big bad heavy and got plunked by the fearsome arty....hands you a box of Kleenex always load a full box prior to hitting the battle button.

If you've got spares, I'll take 'em.  I've plum run out after today's battles.

MacDaddyMatty #4 Posted Feb 05 2017 - 19:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9526 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Its the Arty On Tracks.

Worst. Idea.EVER.

Tier 8 Tanks:

Mutz (one shot by arty)

IS-2 (one shot by arty)

T34/100 (2 shot  by arty

Yup. I'll take a break and a loooooog shower.

I feel soooooo dirty.

tiadashi #5 Posted Feb 05 2017 - 19:59

Captain

• Players
  • 19703 battles

View PostD6_, on Feb 05 2017 - 19:28, said:

Dead WG,

We appreciate your efforts to bring relevance back to the German heavy tank line.  The buffs to the Maus especially make it much more survivable in tank combat.  Quite sadly though, you've failed.

Out of 11 games in the "new" tanks (Maus, 7002) on open maps, each and every one, in the end, I was killed by arty.  While they are moderately acceptable fighting tank-on-tank, they are too slow and slab sided to deal with arty.  I wish I could express my frustration with getting penned for 1120hp by a Obj261 over and over, or getting HE'd for 1700 by a T92, I find no sufficient way to do so.

All the changes you make trying to balance the game have been for naught because you insist in leaving arty in the game.  Even in the slowest of tanks, its not lights, or Super Soviet Meds™, or huge TD's that ruin the game, it is arty.  Its a broken mechanic that virtually everyone that plays the game actively dislikes, if not despises.

Stop messing with accuracy, shell travel times, and my beloved Grille 15, JUST NERF/DROP ARTY!!!!

My thanks for listening.

P.S. - Also, FU for those stupid HE guns on the Japanese heavies, and again for ruining the Grille 15.

Just take a break - arty isnt going anywhere - that or continue to be that guy 

CamuMahubah #6 Posted Feb 05 2017 - 20:08

Captain

• Players
  • 19663 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS

View PostCanOfTomatoes, on Feb 05 2017 - 11:39, said:

Is this a tank game or an orbital slot machine game?

Was arty created so "players" like CanOfTomatoes could have a place in the game?

If you can't kill tanks in a tank we better give them a vehicle so they can hide across the map with orbital satellite mode.  

Those are the "poor babies" who cry the hardest when the truth is spoken about artillery.  

Arty was made so the baddies won't quit the game.  They need something to do.  A place to click.  

The fear of actual pixel tank combat is the artillery players handicap.

landedkiller #7 Posted Feb 06 2017 - 05:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5760 battles
World of tanks blitz has no arty and is on PC now your welcome op

Frostblitz20 #8 Posted Feb 06 2017 - 05:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2190 battles

you also forget on the test servers everyone and there grandma spams gold rounds which 9/10 times you wont encounter not even a 5% of that amount of gold rounds in a normal server match...

Never judge fully on test servers as its just abunch of gold spamming nubs which is why im confused as to why its a test server as all that gets tested is Tier 10's and Gold rounds whit max out crew..... 

martingalindo #9 Posted Feb 06 2017 - 14:37

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27094 battles
  • [_B-Z_] _B-Z_
Dont like it dont play it. Its not a serious post. Not even a suggestion of increase some weakness of the new line like DPM, armor, or etc just a whining post. Please if we have some chance to be heard dont use it for whining

nicodeimous #10 Posted Feb 09 2017 - 22:10

Major

• Players
  • 28138 battles
  • [7-BDR] 7-BDR

View PostCamuMahubah, on Feb 05 2017 - 14:08, said:

Was arty created so "players" like CanOfTomatoes could have a place in the game?

If you can't kill tanks in a tank we better give them a vehicle so they can hide across the map with orbital satellite mode.  

Those are the "poor babies" who cry the hardest when the truth is spoken about artillery.  

Arty was made so the baddies won't quit the game.  They need something to do.  A place to click.  

​This is funny to me, give how many straight up bad's make it through the tiers in every type of tank in the game.  I see MORE bads in regular tanks than I EVER see in artillery.  Even funnier is that the bads in the non artillery consider it artillerist fault they got wrecked.  I enjoy sending the replay so they can see it took five shots to hit there rock camping butts, four of which they were not concerned enough about to move.  Bads are all over ... don't think for a moment that's artillery related.

RNG is why bad's don't quit more often, it grants them hits they don't earn and survival when its not deserved.  If you want to point at what keeps bad's in the game, look no further than this.

Frag_Tard #11 Posted Feb 10 2017 - 05:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15882 battles

The Sandbox 2 tests are ok (as tests) but WG have not got it right yet.

The upcoming German HT buffs should make them more playable.

Limiting the number of arty per game to 2 or less IMO is the way to go, but WG seem hung up on 3 per game in the next iteration.

Currently it varies between none and 4 per game.

nicodeimous #12 Posted Feb 10 2017 - 16:58

Major

• Players
  • 28138 battles
  • [7-BDR] 7-BDR
2 per game would be fine to me.

grego34 #13 Posted Feb 14 2017 - 00:51

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 19501 battles

View PostFrostblitz20, on Feb 05 2017 - 23:27, said:

you also forget on the test servers everyone and there grandma spams gold rounds which 9/10 times you wont encounter not even a 5% of that amount of gold rounds in a normal server match...

Never judge fully on test servers as its just abunch of gold spamming nubs which is why im confused as to why its a test server as all that gets tested is Tier 10's and Gold rounds whit max out crew..... 

i think they should take out the gold rounds in the test servers so you can get a accurate feel of the tank.  Its free so everyone and there mother is using gold!  On the regular server its a different story for some owners like me who gives his tank maybe 2 or 3 rds in my tank, not 50.

P_A_N_Z_E_R #14 Posted Feb 14 2017 - 22:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 38494 battles
  • [TAIGA] TAIGA

Don't you know how to play 200+ ton steel monsters that can crush anything in their way?

You have to run to the first rock and hide there like a coward until the battle ends:trollface:

Beornotns #15 Posted Feb 14 2017 - 22:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16776 battles
  • [-SCA-] -SCA-

View PostCamuMahubah, on Feb 05 2017 - 11:08, said:

You answered your own series of questions with your first sentence...

As was stated above, RNG is more to blame than artillery players (who are playing the SPG as WARGAMING DESIGNED THEM).

FFS, every single time I read about someone complaining about artillery, no one addresses the fact that the Frankenstein's Monster of tanking was made by our very own World of Tanks developers.  And, currently, they are testing ideas on the sandbox that should address all those concerns.  And maybe if people saw the things coming out of the sandbox about the more utilitarian gameplay concepts with SPGs, they might stop QQing so much.

~B

Unprofessional #16 Posted Feb 15 2017 - 22:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 14755 battles
  • [TAGMA] TAGMA
German heavy line was fine and is even better now. Learn some situational awareness and where arty usually goes. Watch online streamers or YouTube videos and gain insight on where tanks go or find cover from arty. 

Also tagged with Maus, 70.02, Arty

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users