To all KV drivers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
287 replies to this topic

ARGO #1 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 15:17

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 10208 battles
I am about to graduate from a KV to a KV3, Is there anything I can look forward to or is it going to be more of the same?

Darkemis #2 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 15:40

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Hey, I believe it would be more of a same because KV-3 is only upgraded with armor and turret traverse speed, I myself have money to afford KV-3 but there is one reason holding me back is that I'm 40000 experience into getting S-51 researched, just to be safe if I ever decide to try artillery, anyway yeah KV-3 should be nearly the same, only little bit more survivability added for close combat engagements with mediums or faster heavies.

EDIT: If you wish to progress faster to IS I suggest leaving 100mm gun behind and go for only necessary upgrades like treads, turret, engine and after that straighs to IS, keep using 107mm and don't forget to sell KV-3 since there's no point in keeping it after you're done with it, keep KV though, for sake of S-51 if you're waiting to get back your KV-3/IS from battle if you were destroyed.

alyksandyr #3 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 18:41

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5780 battles
Regardless of how deep you go in the Heavy line, I'd still keep the KV. It's a pretty decent money making Tank.

larengrarg #4 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 19:26

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
Yeah, looks like. Even without any upgrades I'm doing fine (as much as you can do on default tank ^^). I was kinda afraid that I'll have to play KV, then 2 matches on Luchs or something to get my money back, but no - I can make cash for upgrades. I guess it will get much better when I'll be fit for battles.

theta0123 #5 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 19:27

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
KV3 is a better choise. Keep the 107mm gun from your KV. If you dont have it yet, research it first.

BootyWarrior #6 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 19:36

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 8539 battles
imo after getting the KV-3 it is far better than the KV.....but that does not give you permission to go rambo, you can still get flanked easily as even with the 2nd engine ur max speed is just around 27~29km/h. Also DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT get the 122mm, that was the worst choice ive made so far in my KV-3, it's an amazing cannon but it costs 1k per shell and if you die putting up a fight with that gun you will go negative even on premium because of your lack of mobility.

Here's what i reccommend you upgrade first on your KV-3 (or at least how I did it)

Suspension (need this to use the 107mm) ----->Radio ------->Turret (it only boosts ur health to 870 from 840)  ------>IS

Hope this help  ;)

BlitzEY #7 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 20:28

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles

View PostBootyWarrior, on Aug 12 2010 - 19:36, said:

imo after getting the KV-3 it is far better than the KV.....but that does not give you permission to go rambo, you can still get flanked easily as even with the 2nd engine ur max speed is just around 27~29km/h. Also DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT get the 122mm, that was the worst choice ive made so far in my KV-3, it's an amazing cannon but it costs 1k per shell and if you die putting up a fight with that gun you will go negative even on premium because of your lack of mobility.

Here's what i reccommend you upgrade first on your KV-3 (or at least how I did it)

Suspension (need this to use the 107mm) -----> Radio -------> Turret (it only boosts ur health to 870 from 840)  ------> IS

Hope this help  ;)

Almost agree with you there, but I would say suspension, turret, gun then radio.

Syllas #8 Posted Aug 12 2010 - 23:24

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 2 battles
"more of the same"...? well that depends on what you mean.were you pawning with it or were you getting pawned?
anyway i loved the KV. it was a very serious machine. especialy when i first got it.it was one of the first heavys in the battles. but man for me the KV3 was not just more of the same. it was wayyyyyy much more of the same!
my survivability rates and kills per battle went up like a rocket and that baby still holds my survivability % record and most battles won.its slow but you can depend on it.especialy the high armored turret and the better rear armor proved invaluable.
when you'll get the IS (if you want continue the heavy line) the first thing you will notice i bet it will be that the KV3 was such a nasty die hard beast. :Smile_honoring:

eViL_JoKeR #9 Posted Aug 15 2010 - 21:47

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
nice thread exactly where i am  loving the KV with the 107mm fitted and just got the xp for the KV-3 just need the credits now should take a few days and then some more fun  :Smile-izmena:

ARGO #10 Posted Aug 16 2010 - 15:17

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 10208 battles
Oh joy, Oh bliss,  Thy name is KV3.

Well I will say without a shadow of a doubt, It is ANYTHING but more of the same.

KV3 + 107mm = A lot of dead Tiger tanks = SATISFACTION!!!!! Guaranteed to remove even the toughest T-44s! I nailed 2 last night LOL.

This tank is ridiculisly powerful and worlds better than KV.  Oh God what a nice tank!  It's like comparing a Chevrolet Malibu to a fully loaded Cadillac.  What a machine!  I am very glad I decieded to go up.  And I will say it's nice to be able to dish it as well as take it.

Thanks for the info.

yab #11 Posted Aug 20 2010 - 16:51

First lieutenant

• Special Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
anyway, for KV-3 I suggest you to unlock this in order:
suspension (you should have 107mm gun from KV already) -> turret (it is better armored and gives more hp) -> radio/engine -> engine/radio (so basically what you haven't unlocked yet). Use only 107mm gun
However, before going for IS, unlock both 100mm and 122mm guns. In this way after changing tank to IS, you can mount 100mm from a start. Already unlocked 122mm is crap but doing this already in KV-3 saves you time in IS so you can unlock upgraded 122mm gun. It is basically the same gun but reloads faster.
Oh, and keep KV-3 - better moneymaker than IS, especially when using 107mm

GozerTC #12 Posted Aug 22 2010 - 04:10

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 5383 battles
WEll I went for the S-51 first so I'm heading for the KV-3 now.  Just a word of warning I'd suggest going for the KV-3 BEFORE the S-51.  I the XP cost didn't shock you the complete change of playstyle from the KV to the S-51 is enough to make the S-51 not as much fun. (I.e. missing WAY more than you're used to for such a slow shot rate)

I like the upgrade path suggestions on the KV-3 and will probably do the same. Only 12K more XP to the KV-3!  (Not sure if I'll sell my KV but probably.  Served me well for well over 200K Xp. :) )

shambolic #13 Posted Aug 22 2010 - 06:29

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
KV-3 is one of the most fun tanks on the Russian heavy tree imo. Though I'm only in an IS-3 now so can't comment on the IS-4 or IS-7.

KV-3 has massive armor. More than the IS and IS-3 anyway (though not the slopes). It also has enough fire power to sit in front of a Tiger and be reasonably confident of winning.

Tbh, I was a wee bit disappointed with the IS at first as I seemed to bounce a lot more incoming shells in the KV-3.

In short the KV-3 is made of win. You'll love it. Especially after having to play through the KV.

Sue #14 Posted Aug 22 2010 - 09:48

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5049 battles
After coming from the T44 and Panther, I am trying out the KV line. It really takes some getting used to. I have gotten the suspension and the best engine. My question is: Should I actually upgrade the turret and get the 107, or should I just save the xp and get a KV3? It seems like the KV3 is a great upgrade and I really do not want to sit in this KV forever. :P

Crumplezone #15 Posted Aug 22 2010 - 10:03

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I went the KV -> KV3 route and do not regret it at all, your get vastly improved health and incredible armour capacity in the KV3 and you maintain the 107mm. Anything which doesn't have the ability to dent 130mm armour successfully won't concern you either. I've faced quite a few occasions on the city maps where I had 3-4 tier 4 mediums pinging shells off me while I took on a heavy in my frontal arc. The KV3 can take alot of punishment thanks to its armour, its slow, but its well worth it.

At a crew % of 95%+ its also starts to really shine, even if its slow wit hthe improved crew it does move decently. Also, if I'd recommend staying in the KV3 even if you have the IS researched, its not a money maker, while the KV-3 is, also if you choose that then a gun layering drive and rammer are excellent purchases, I had the gun layering drive on my KV-3 and with the 107mm you can kill anything within sight range with ease since the green circle is compact.

Hope that helps.

AnOnY_MoUs #16 Posted Aug 22 2010 - 10:04

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 152 battles

View PostSue, on Aug 22 2010 - 09:48, said:

After coming from the T44 and Panther, I am trying out the KV line. It really takes some getting used to. I have gotten the suspension and the best engine. My question is: Should I actually upgrade the turret and get the 107, or should I just save the xp and get a KV3? It seems like the KV3 is a great upgrade and I really do not want to sit in this KV forever. :P

The 107 is a very good gun, and is one of the guns you need to get with the KV-3 anyway. You should definitely get it, it also makes it much easier to eventually get the upgrades on the KV-3 as well.

Sue #17 Posted Aug 22 2010 - 10:31

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5049 battles
I know I will need to unlock the 107mm, but I figure it will be easier to do it in a better tank. So I think I will just grind enough xp to go directly to the KV3 and not even get the KV2 turret or any other upgrades on the KV.

pete #18 Posted Aug 22 2010 - 10:37

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 0 battles
I went from russian medium tank line and german TD line into russian heavy tanks. I really hated KV tank for being big piece of metal scrap, slow, heavy and soft at the same time, only half-decent gun it has is the 107mm for which you need to suffer super-long grind. I sold my KV 3 times before I got into KV-3.
I guess your opinion may differ when you get into KV without experiencing other superior tanks (T43-44, Jagdpanther in my case).
Having said that, KV-3 is superior in every way. It's still rather ugly, but with more armor, hitpoints, agility, firepower. I really like it with 100mm D10 gun, same T44 can use. KV 3 can eat most medium tanks and TDs for breakfast, and only tier 8+ heavies, tier 5 SPGs and Jagdpanthers are serios threat.

AnOnY_MoUs #19 Posted Aug 22 2010 - 10:46

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 152 battles
Not really, fast moving medium tanks around tier 6 can do serious damage if not kill a KV-3 just by circling it. Its not as bad as a KV but its not pretty when some tank comes close to you. Also, the KV-3 bounces so much more shots than the KV and can actually act like a real heavy tank, instead of as a sniper that you are confined to with a KV.

Sue #20 Posted Aug 22 2010 - 11:40

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5049 battles
Why would you use the 100mm gun over the 107mm?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users