Stun Mechanic?

stun mechanic

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

Poll: Stun Mechanic: Yes or No? (145 members have cast votes)

Does the stun mechanic work?

1. Perfect (27 votes [18.62%])

Percentage of vote: 18.62%

2. Could be better (31 votes [21.38%])

Percentage of vote: 21.38%

3. What were they thinking? (87 votes [60.00%])

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Avalon304 #21 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 02:25

Major

• Players
  • 15129 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Postjohnmadara, on Feb 06 2017 - 17:19, said:

Then when ever you get hit for only 300 by arty and stunned for 13 seconds just click 'exit battle' and go back to the garage, nothing is stopping you from "enduring" through a 10 second stun

I mean, I could. But theres a penalty for that... Id have to drive (excruciatingly slowly mind you) into the enemy for that to be ok.

Or we could just not implement a terrible mechanic, and stop after removing AP/HEAT and lowering HE pen and damage.

johnmadara #22 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 02:29

Major

• Players
  • 29858 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostAvalon304, on Feb 07 2017 - 01:25, said:

I mean, I could. But theres a penalty for that... Id have to drive (excruciatingly slowly mind you) into the enemy for that to be ok.

Or we could just not implement a terrible mechanic, and stop after removing AP/HEAT and lowering HE pen and damage.

then the [edited]arty players will whine, gotta keep the 500 wn8ers happy

Blackhorse_Six_ #23 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 02:31

Major

• Players
  • 40997 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostAvalon304, on Feb 06 2017 - 20:16, said:

"Accurate". I assume by your use of this term you refer to the "real world' effects of large caliber HE explosions on the crew of an armored vehicle. As Ive had to point out to you before this is a video game, not real life. Realism does not make for fun.

Allow me to be clear ... I do not care about your gddmnd opinion.

We expect our Tigers & Shermans to represent certain known characteristics  ...

So reality is the freekin' model ...

Everything after that is Gamer crap.

I have said many times that "simulation" does not require nuts & bolts detail, just the concept.

(The fact is that none of you know what a simulator really is - it sure as hell does not involve your favorite office chair)

Gamers need that dose of Reality, so let's stay close to the freekin' model.

You and all the other Whiners need to accept that, or get out.

nuclearguy931 #24 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 02:33

Major

• Players
  • 67460 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostBlackhorse_Six_, on Feb 06 2017 - 19:28, said:

You've probably summed-it-up quite well ...

So now, the arty whiners can take two asprin and call us in the morning ... :)

We'll just have to wait and see what happens, but I think the net result will be the same ...

The whining will not abate.

LOL, I actually think the whining & crying will increase.

Just think of it, a tank gets hit and while stunned it gets focus fired on by 3 or 4 other tanks and it's gone. The whiners and criers are going to complain that it's worse than the 1 shots they were receiving, and it will be...lol. Going to be racking up all that damage assistance in our arty, we are going to be more accurate and have a larger splash area. Thanks for the buff Wargaming.

Avalon304 #25 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 02:46

Major

• Players
  • 15129 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Postjohnmadara, on Feb 06 2017 - 17:29, said:

then the [edited]arty players will whine, gotta keep the 500 wn8ers happy

So what youre saying is someone is going to complain regardless because arty is a terrible mechanic no matter what you do to it? Yes that sounds right.

Look, stun is terrible. Its either effective enough to be felt or so ineffective that it may as well not exist. There isnt a middle ground. If all this sandbox iteration were doing was removing AP/HEAT and lowering the pen and damage of HE, arty would immediately be less of a problem, while still being relevant enough to break stalemates. Right now, with stun on top of that... it going to be worse. Arty now is more accurate, fires faster, aims faster and has a larger splash radius. And it stuns. Right now it is worse than live.

View PostBlackhorse_Six_, on Feb 06 2017 - 17:31, said:

Allow me to be clear ...

I do not care about your gddmn opinion.

We expect our Tigers & Shermans to represent certain know characteristics  ...

I have said many times that "simulation" does not require nuts & bolts detail, just the concept.

(The fact is that none of you know what a simulator really is - it sure as hell does not involve your favorite office chair)

Whiners need to Accept that, or get out.

Im glad you expect your Tigers and Shermans to have certain characteristics. Its too bad WoT is not a simulator. It is an arcade tank game

BTW, heres the definition of "simulator":

a machine with a similar set of controls designed to provide a realistic imitation of the operation of a vehicle, aircraft, or other complex system, used for training purposes.

WoT does not, nor has it ever, fit that definition. It is a game. It does not need to follow reality closely (nor does it need to follow it at all). Gamers do not need a dose of reality, we get plenty of that with our day jobs. You need to accept that or get out.

Hurk #26 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 02:54

Major

• Players
  • 43483 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View PostGuido1212, on Feb 06 2017 - 17:46, said:

Affecting the other team from beyond LOS and draw distance while ignoring most cover is just bad for this game.  The baseline game mechanic doesn't fit this game.  It's not redeemable.  Players will hate this just as much, perhaps more.  Instead of being splashed multiple times a game, you will spend a significant amount of the game with nerfed crews and performance.  Which of course, already happens with arty because of the crew and module damage.  We already have stun, and it's not any fun at all.

The devs are desperate to calm the arty storm.  This is unlikely to do it, but it does serve as a distraction which is probably all they are really hoping for.

tell that every first person shooter game with indirect weapons like grenades or sticky bombs or turrets or traps, etc. 

having a different mechanic is normal for games. its a rare game where everyone plays by the same rules in MOBAs RTS or FPS games. Hell, cloaking/invisible/stealth classes are far more disruptive in most games as they are often also the top damage dealers. 

Blackhorse_Six_ #27 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 02:54

Major

• Players
  • 40997 battles
  • [HHT] HHT
Moderated by Volier_Zcit

Edited by Volier_Zcit, Feb 07 2017 - 06:56.

Mikosah #28 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 03:09

Major

• Players
  • 17435 battles

It saddens me that they already tested this on the first sandbox and learned absolutely nothing. To be clear, having re-usable consumables and integrating the 'battle assistant' into the client were smart things to do, but as for arty itself these clowns just don't get it. Arty's problem is that its an indirect weapon, not that it has alpha. The frustration in dealing with enemy artillery is that you can't retaliate against it, and sticking to arty-safe positions makes the game slow and boring. Using the stun instead of raw damage changes nothing. Its a ridiculous placebo.

And worse yet, this philosophy of "it'll encourage team dynamics" is pure cancer. One of the biggest problems with the randoms is that we already rely so much on our teammates and find ourselves shafted when the pubbies just don't do what we want them to. So here they are trying to make the game even more team-dependent. Stupidity incarnate. I can already feel the tumors growing on my back.

eward17 #29 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 03:16

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11275 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Feb 07 2017 - 01:28, said:

don't forget the stun mechanic just makes you act like you have a wounded crew

so if your not in a position you need crew at the moment(like your hiding in a bush scouting)  you can ignore it

or if your going down hill to ram someone.  ignore it cause it won't affect your ram

Not true. 

If you get stunned, you can't move at all, can't fire at all. 

WarStore #30 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 03:17

Major

• Players
  • 39528 battles

View PostBlackhorse_Six_, on Feb 07 2017 - 01:31, said:

Allow me to be clear ... I do not care about your gddmnd opinion.

We expect our Tigers & Shermans to represent certain known characteristics  ...

You and all the other Whiners need to accept that, or get out.

Tell me, how much does realism concern you when you are seal clubbing with your failed Tetrarch which happens to be OP in WoT?

Block Quote

tell that every first person shooter game with indirect weapons like grenades or sticky bombs or turrets or traps, etc.

You mean all those thing which literally everyone has access to and can be easily avoided?

Edited by WarStore, Feb 07 2017 - 03:18.

Blackhorse_Six_ #31 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 03:19

Major

• Players
  • 40997 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostMikosah, on Feb 06 2017 - 21:09, said:

It saddens me that they already tested this on the first sandbox and learned absolutely nothing. To be clear, having re-usable consumables and integrating the 'battle assistant' into the client were smart things to do, but as for arty itself these clowns just don't get it. Arty's problem is that its an indirect weapon, not that it has alpha. The frustration in dealing with enemy artillery is that you can't retaliate against it, and sticking to arty-safe positions makes the game slow and boring. Using the stun instead of raw damage changes nothing. Its a ridiculous placebo.

And worse yet, this philosophy of "it'll encourage team dynamics" is pure cancer. One of the biggest problems with the randoms is that we already rely so much on our teammates and find ourselves shafted when the pubbies just don't do what we want them to. So here they are trying to make the game even more team-dependent. Stupidity incarnate. I can already feel the tumors growing on my back.

Tanks don't usually catch Artillery in The Real World, either ...

What's your point?

View PostWarStore, on Feb 06 2017 - 21:17, said:

Tell me, how much does realism concern you when you are seal clubbing with your failed Tetrarch which happens to be OP in WoT?

It's about your frame of reference.

When you earn a DD214, we'll talk ....

Until then, you're just a Gamer ...

SpitYoYoMafia #32 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 03:22

Major

• Players
  • 17499 battles

The stun lasts too friggin long, cut the timer down to at least 6 seconds

I actually like this change but the stun timer should never go above 8 seconds on average,12+ seconds for taking no damage are you [edited] kidding me?????

Edited by SpitYoYoMafia, Feb 07 2017 - 03:26.

WarStore #33 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 03:25

Major

• Players
  • 39528 battles

View PostBlackhorse_Six_, on Feb 07 2017 - 02:19, said:

Tanks don't usually catch Artillery in The Real World, either ...

What's your point?

When you earn a DD214, we'll talk ....

Until then, you ain't sht.

lol

Pathetic seal-clubber. Is that what the "army" taught you? 

When you stop clubbing seals and become good, then you have an opinion about anything here. 

Edited by WarStore, Feb 07 2017 - 03:25.

Hurk #34 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 03:26

Major

• Players
  • 43483 battles
  • [KGR] KGR

View Posteward17, on Feb 06 2017 - 19:16, said:

Not true. 

If you get stunned, you can't move at all, can't fire at all. 

thats incorrect. it acts as crew damage. 

R2D2CAT #35 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 03:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 10676 battles
I must say, I am NOT looking forward to getting stunned by an even more accurate arty. While the consumable will help, arty is still indirect fire. Removing it entirely would solve the issue but would also anger many players.

Blackhorse_Six_ #36 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 03:27

Major

• Players
  • 40997 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostWarStore, on Feb 06 2017 - 21:25, said:

lol

Pathetic seal-clubber. Is that what the "army" taught you? 

When you stop clubbing seals and become good, then you have an opinion about anything here. 

Pathetic Gamer ... that's all you are ... :sceptic:

You mean nothing else to me but a noise, a mosquito, an annoying buzz in my ear, a constant Whine ...

WarStore #37 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 03:29

Major

• Players
  • 39528 battles

View PostBlackhorse_Six_, on Feb 07 2017 - 02:27, said:

Pathetic Gamer ... that's all you are ... :sceptic:

As if you haven't played over 40,000 matches with that account alone. I wonder how many when combining all of your other accounts. Guess what that makes you?

Blackhorse_Six_ #38 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 03:30

Major

• Players
  • 40997 battles
  • [HHT] HHT

View PostWarStore, on Feb 06 2017 - 21:29, said:

As if you haven't played over 40,000 matches with that account alone. I wonder how many when combining all of your other accounts. Guess what that makes you?

I'm not too worried about it ...

I do play the game, and you do not ...

You just sit on the side-lines and whine ...

SpitYoYoMafia #39 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 03:30

Major

• Players
  • 17499 battles

View Postjohnmadara, on Feb 06 2017 - 16:50, said:

Id rather be stunned for 20 seconds then be prompted to return back to the garage after I get 1 shotted

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SpitYoYoMafia #40 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 03:33

Major

• Players
  • 17499 battles
Also this means that you can face hug enemies better because it's impossible to not hit your allies unless you aim really well

Also tagged with stun mechanic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users