Some Launcher Feedback

3 replies to this topic

Gravtech #1 Posted Feb 07 2017 - 10:46

Major

• Players
  • 27238 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

Just some general thoughts

When there are multiple instances of the same game client (ex: world of tanks) please name the various game clients

• When I imported my world of tanks files into the WGC launcher, multiple clients popped up. I didn't think much of it and just selected 'import'. Now when I click on the game instance drop down menu I have 4 copies of world of tanks, 3 of which mean nothing to me. Instead of layering on the instances can we have it set up in more detail (example below)
    • world of tanks [REQUIRES UPDATE]
    • world of tanks 9.16 [REQUIRES UPDATE]
    • world of tanks 9.17 [UP TO DATE]
    • Pics

Whenever there is a common test open have the download for the client listed as a separate game you can download, or have it included in the instance drop down menu you can choose when launching (refer back to the previous bullet). This also goes for the Sandbox if the player is allowed to join. Simply have it as a separate option that requires a player to log in before they can download the client.

When importing games, do not have "automatically install updates to clients" already checked. Rather have a large notification asking if players want to check the box. I don't want to have to go on a hunt to find out what is draining my internet only to find that wowp is installing an update even though I haven't played it in 2 years. 

• A good location for this notification would be on the right side to the game version box when a player wants to press 'play'. Therefore although it's a constant reminder for players to check the box it's not an issue if you forget to uncheck the tiny box when you're importing a client.

Change the revolving gold ads

• Include the current limited deals on consumables, tanks, gold, premium time etc.
  • Possibly add a "for you" special price on the most common gold/premium time products that players purchase that is not viewable in the shop. The sale doesn't have to be large maybe $1-5 depending on the size of the item. This way players are more likely to buy because it's nothing new to them if they commonly get the product; say 3k gold.  Instead of $14.79 it's $12.79 and putting a time limit on the 'sale' would entice players to buy. AND not only would it work to get people to repeat purchase, but would also get players who don't normally buy to start buying in an attempt to get a personal sale to pop up. (just an idea I ran with)

On the News bar, bold the text

• The text is rather small and unless you're having the launcher almost full screen it's rather hard to see. Since the news section can scroll there isn't a problem with making the text bigger with the exchange of showing less items unless

On the main picture of a games page make a comparison to one of the other games (wows or wowp)

• It would be something rather simple like "Like playing lights? Try out destroyers in World of Warships!" or something to that effect. Or "Enjoy the armor and fire power of tanks like the Type 5 Heavy, E 100, and Maus? Try out Battleships like the Yamato in World of Warships!" I don't know much about wowp because I haven't played it in a long time.

That's pretty much it for now

Gravtech #2 Posted Feb 08 2017 - 00:41

Major

• Players
  • 27238 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW
Please include an option in the settings to have the WGC launcher automatically close out when a game is launched. Also include an option that when the game is closed to have the launcher reopen in case you want to switch to anothe WG game

GhostPrime #3 Posted Feb 08 2017 - 20:54

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Thank you for the feedback! It is very valuable so we can find ways to improve the WGC! We are currently collecting statistics to determine future UI/UX changes

What are the different versions of World of Tanks you have installed? Are they earlier versions of the game, or different like the Sandbox client? Could you send me a log file from your WGC Launcher? (Via PM)

Currently, the Common test is not supported by the WGC but we will be adding that at a later date. 

Gravtech #4 Posted Feb 10 2017 - 03:14

Major

• Players
  • 27238 battles
  • [FELOW] FELOW

Something else I thought of. A big issue for me is that I never really know when game events are going to take place and the only way to find out is to go to the events calendar on the wot hompage. Something I would like to see would be a separate tab for a universal events calendar. Put it on the side bar under the notifications bell, when we click on it it should take us to a real calendar with all the events listed for a certain game and like how you can change the game launcher tab to another game, we would be able to choose a different games event calendar. 

This way I don't have to go to 3 different websites to find out what is coming up in-game.

Reply to this topic

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users