Jump to content


Planes, Trains and T110s


  • Please log in to reply
40507 replies to this topic

KilljoyCutter #36081 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 02:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 26,351
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

Don't forget the eclipse tonight, if you have any sort of clear or partly clear skies. 

 



Avalon304 #36082 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 02:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 22621 battles
  • 9,680
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012
I feel like Ace Combat 7 just wants to troll me... ground focused mission results in a mission update where UAVs show up... and then other fighters and there I am in an A-10C... that being said... the A-10 is surprisingly capable of dealing with UAVs...

Tjtod #36083 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 02:43

    Captain

  • Players
  • 6540 battles
  • 1,970
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013


Mermaid_Witch #36084 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 02:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 12403 battles
  • 13,680
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011
I really should try out my copy of Ace Combat 7, but I'm currently frantically trying to finish the Kancolle event that's on right now.  On the plus side, it ends tomorrow.  On the minus side, I still haven't beaten the final boss, and I'm not sure I'll be able to. 

akh101 #36085 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 03:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 13935 battles
  • 3,467
  • [KURO] KURO
  • Member since:
    12-12-2011

View PostAvalon304, on Jan 20 2019 - 20:37, said:

I feel like Ace Combat 7 just wants to troll me... ground focused mission results in a mission update where UAVs show up... and then other fighters and there I am in an A-10C... that being said... the A-10 is surprisingly capable of dealing with UAVs...

 

with the power of the Brrrrrt, nothing is impossible

 



KilljoyCutter #36086 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 03:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 26,351
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View PostAvalon304, on Jan 20 2019 - 20:37, said:

I feel like Ace Combat 7 just wants to troll me... ground focused mission results in a mission update where UAVs show up... and then other fighters and there I am in an A-10C... that being said... the A-10 is surprisingly capable of dealing with UAVs...

 

At least from what I've read from real life... the Warthog Stomp.   Line up nose (with target's crossing path), pitch through target, pull trigger, most things that fly don't like even one 30mm round.

 


Edited by KilljoyCutter, Jan 21 2019 - 17:44.


The_Chieftain #36087 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 04:11

    Military Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 13028 battles
  • 9,882
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011
So is Ace Combat supposed to be a sim, a sim-lite, or an arcade game? I mean, would I be better off with DCS or just firing up my Falcon 4.0 Allied Force again?

Avalon304 #36088 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 04:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 22621 battles
  • 9,680
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostThe_Chieftain, on Jan 20 2019 - 20:11, said:

So is Ace Combat supposed to be a sim, a sim-lite, or an arcade game? I mean, would I be better off with DCS or just firing up my Falcon 4.0 Allied Force again?

 

Very much an arcade game.

stalkervision #36089 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 04:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 67426 battles
  • 9,599
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View PostThe_Chieftain, on Jan 20 2019 - 22:11, said:

So is Ace Combat supposed to be a sim, a sim-lite, or an arcade game? I mean, would I be better off with DCS or just firing up my Falcon 4.0 Allied Force again?

 

arcade game. Stick to DCS .

Zergling #36090 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 04:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 16721 battles
  • 8,442
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011

View PostThe_Chieftain, on Jan 21 2019 - 13:11, said:

So is Ace Combat supposed to be a sim, a sim-lite, or an arcade game? I mean, would I be better off with DCS or just firing up my Falcon 4.0 Allied Force again?

 

Absolutely an arcade game, but still tons of fun.

Mermaid_Witch #36091 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 14:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 12403 battles
  • 13,680
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View PostThe_Chieftain, on Jan 20 2019 - 22:11, said:

So is Ace Combat supposed to be a sim, a sim-lite, or an arcade game? I mean, would I be better off with DCS or just firing up my Falcon 4.0 Allied Force again?

 

Oh, you like Flight Simulators?  Could I interest you in a copy of Jane's F-15 that I have?  I have the manual as well.

_Jayzilla #36092 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 16:36

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 33401 battles
  • 1,283
  • Member since:
    09-05-2010
I splurged a bit at the Radio Building in Akihabara:
Spoiler


FrozenKemp #36093 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 17:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 52531 battles
  • 9,593
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

Nice!!! :)

I bought some old 1/76 armour kits online from a fellow in the U.S. which I hope to just mess around with and make a diorama or two:

- two Comets

- one M3 Stuart, which will go with a Lee I have along with a Grant resin conversion kit, so that'd be a "Stuart and Grant in the desert"

- one Challenger Mk II

 

So they're in the mail somewhere...

 

 



Life_In_Black #36094 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 17:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 26231 battles
  • 11,490
  • [KGS] KGS
  • Member since:
    10-29-2011

View PostFrozenKemp, on Jan 21 2019 - 11:08, said:

Nice!!! :)

I bought some old 1/76 armour kits online from a fellow in the U.S. which I hope to just mess around with and make a diorama or two:

- two Comets

- one M3 Stuart, which will go with a Lee I have along with a Grant resin conversion kit, so that'd be a "Stuart and Grant in the desert"

- one Challenger Mk II

 

So they're in the mail somewhere...

 

 

 

Any chance of turning one of those Comets into a Finnish one?

FrozenKemp #36095 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 19:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 52531 battles
  • 9,593
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostLife_In_Black, on Jan 21 2019 - 11:46, said:

Any chance of turning one of those Comets into a Finnish one?

 

To be honest, probably not.  I was thinking of a pair from the same troop driving on a road or through a ruined town in WW2.  



_Jayzilla #36096 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 22:31

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 33401 battles
  • 1,283
  • Member since:
    09-05-2010
Lol I never realized how much small trembles my hand makes when using a laser aiming device, and now when putting together a small model kit. Those three little botes are actually my first model builds. I tried Gundam builds but they always seemed to snap into place. Tweezers help out a lot.

Edited by _Jayzilla, Jan 21 2019 - 22:31.


Mermaid_Witch #36097 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 23:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 12403 battles
  • 13,680
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View Post_Jayzilla, on Jan 21 2019 - 16:31, said:

Lol I never realized how much small trembles my hand makes when using a laser aiming device, and now when putting together a small model kit. Those three little botes are actually my first model builds. I tried Gundam builds but they always seemed to snap into place. Tweezers help out a lot.

 

 There's a reason for that :P  Maybe you should have tried a Tamiya kit first.  Those tend to be somewhere between the "falls together" easiness of Gundam kits and the "oh my God, where did the part go?" challenge of a ship model.  I still haven't managed to successfully put together a ship model, and I've tried quite a few over the years.

Shrike58 #36098 Posted Jan 21 2019 - 23:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 69976 battles
  • 8,750
  • Member since:
    02-23-2013

View PostFrozenKemp, on Jan 17 2019 - 07:07, said:

On the Gillette razor ad... there are a whole lot of men who don't want to be told that they were raised wrong or that the way that they are behaving is wrong. 

 

At a certain point it just sounds like nagging...and damn few men of any political stripe take kindly to that...it reminds them too much of their moms at their worst.

LordCommanderMilitant #36099 Posted Jan 22 2019 - 00:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 8597 battles
  • 3,250
  • Member since:
    01-20-2014

View PostShrike58, on Jan 21 2019 - 22:26, said:

At a certain point it just sounds like nagging...and damn few men of any political stripe take kindly to that...it reminds them too much of their moms at their worst.

 

That really just sounds like another problem with men.



_Jayzilla #36100 Posted Jan 22 2019 - 00:50

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 33401 battles
  • 1,283
  • Member since:
    09-05-2010

View PostDragon_Witch, on Jan 21 2019 - 14:08, said:

 

 There's a reason for that :P  Maybe you should have tried a Tamiya kit first.  Those tend to be somewhere between the "falls together" easiness of Gundam kits and the "oh my God, where did the part go?" challenge of a ship model.  I still haven't managed to successfully put together a ship model, and I've tried quite a few over the years.

 

Yeah, already had a couple of very small parts become a part of the nooks and crannies of my floor. Glad the CWIS is large enough to at least be visible. I figure if I desperately need a part, just cut a small piece of the extra plastic and make something out of it.




31 user(s) are reading this topic

5 members, 26 guests, 0 anonymous users


    Tjtod, cipher12, Mermaid_Witch, FrozenKemp, SpectreHD