Jump to content


Planes, Trains and T110s


  • Please log in to reply
42283 replies to this topic

DerViktim #41981 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 04:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 18344 battles
  • 7,146
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2011


SpectreHD #41982 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 08:53

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 17071 battles
  • 17,397
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View PostMermaid_Witch, on Nov 17 2019 - 08:02, said:

 

Is that a tank that will never be in the tech tree?



Avalon304 #41983 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 10:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 23962 battles
  • 10,244
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostSpectreHD, on Nov 17 2019 - 00:53, said:

 

Is that a tank that will never be in the tech tree?

 

Looks like an M48A3... so technically yes...



FrozenKemp #41984 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 12:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 54229 battles
  • 10,124
  • [8ARMY] 8ARMY
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011
Great photo!  Any idea of when and where? 

Mermaid_Witch #41985 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 17:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 12963 battles
  • 13,967
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View PostSpectreHD, on Nov 17 2019 - 02:53, said:

 

Is that a tank that will never be in the tech tree?

 

We have the parts in-game that Avalon could probably whip up a M48A3 with the raised cupola in a jiffy.  Unfortunately, what Avalon can do and what Wargaming can do are two very different things.

 

View PostFrozenKemp, on Nov 17 2019 - 06:35, said:

Great photo!  Any idea of when and where? 

 

I'm going to go out on a limb and say "Vietnam", probably in the late '60s to early '70s.   If you believe Tumblr, it was taken during Operation Thor, sometime between the 1st and the 8th of July, 1968.

 

 

Another one from Tumblr. 



Mermaid_Witch #41986 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 20:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 12963 battles
  • 13,967
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

 

Spoiler

 



Avalon304 #41987 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 20:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 23962 battles
  • 10,244
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012
No Vstabs? Questionable.

Mermaid_Witch #41988 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 21:20

    Major

  • Players
  • 12963 battles
  • 13,967
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View PostAvalon304, on Nov 17 2019 - 14:43, said:

No Vstabs? Questionable.

 

I haven't driven it yet, but I found that the M46 didn't really need one.



Avalon304 #41989 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 23:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 23962 battles
  • 10,244
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostMermaid_Witch, on Nov 17 2019 - 09:00, said:

 

We have the parts in-game that Avalon could probably whip up a M48A3 with the raised cupola in a jiffy.  Unfortunately, what Avalon can do and what Wargaming can do are two very different things.

 

You know I looked at that picture of the A3... and thought to myself "Is this where the cupola from the 59 Patton came from"? Ulltimately thats where I would start... the turret and gun from the 59 Patton and the hull from the M48A5... and boom M48A3. Without any real work done...

 

 

Speaking of work done:

 



Mermaid_Witch #41990 Posted Nov 17 2019 - 23:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 12963 battles
  • 13,967
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View PostAvalon304, on Nov 17 2019 - 17:38, said:

You know I looked at that picture of the A3... and thought to myself "Is this where the cupola from the 59 Patton came from"? Ulltimately thats where I would start... the turret and gun from the 59 Patton and the hull from the M48A5... and boom M48A3. Without any real work done...

 

Most M48A3s in Vietnam ended up with that added vision block spacer on the cupola, as the commanders found it hard to use the ones built into the cupola.  It would stand to reason that IF China got a hold of a M48A3 somehow and IF they decided to put the M48's turret on a Type 59 for fun, it would have that spacer.


Edited by Mermaid_Witch, Nov 18 2019 - 00:00.


DerViktim #41991 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 17:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 18344 battles
  • 7,146
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2011

Ken Block did a thing on a Mountain with the Hoonitruck.

 



godofdun #41992 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 18:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 15940 battles
  • 5,982
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

Hot damn this game looks good, just wish they weren't majority owned by Tencent.

 

https://www.polygon.com/2019/11/15/20967242/path-of-exile-2-announced-exilecon-trailer-gameplay

 



Mermaid_Witch #41993 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 20:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 12963 battles
  • 13,967
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011
Apparently American lawmakers really like the taste of Kosher sausage.

godofdun #41994 Posted Nov 18 2019 - 23:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 15940 battles
  • 5,982
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011
Gotta solidify that apartheid state.....

stalkervision #41995 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 04:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 70550 battles
  • 9,798
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View PostMermaid_Witch, on Nov 18 2019 - 14:39, said:

Trump needs to keep those Christian conservative Nut cases Happy !



Shrike58 #41996 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 15:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 71323 battles
  • 8,864
  • Member since:
    02-23-2013

Last week in books:

 

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0262035774/ref=nosim/librarythin06-20

 

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0700622217/ref=nosim/librarythin06-20

 

In regards to the first Smil may think that he's doing technology for humanists but he's really doing social science & history for technologists. I might have been happier with Richard Rhodes' treatment of the subject.

 

Taaffe has made a cottage industry in regards to writing about command relationships in the U.S. Army and does a good job of explaining why MacArthur's command style could be so dysfunctional. Short version: While commanding U.S. 8th Army General Walton Walker felt as though he enjoyed no one's confidence (either in Tokyo or Washington) so he felt he lacked the backing to say what needed to be said, meaning that there wasn't a viable command feedback loop. There's also much on the management of divisional-grade commanders; particularly since so many of them at the start of the war were probably not up to stresses of active combat.


Edited by Shrike58, Nov 19 2019 - 15:38.


godofdun #41997 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 16:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 15940 battles
  • 5,982
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/470914-dems-looking-at-trumps-possible-mueller-obstruction-in-impeachment

 

"In arguments before a panel of appellate judges of the D.C. Circuit Court, House attorney Douglas Letter cited the grand jury testimony of Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort in particular. Manafort’s statements could shed light on whether written responses Trump provided to the special counsel were untruthful, Letter said.


Trump told Mueller he didn't recall discussing WikiLeaks with Roger Stone, who was convicted of lying to Congress last week. 

But during Stone’s trial, Manafort’s deputy Rick Gates testified that Trump and Stone had a phone conversation following WikiLeaks' publication of emails stolen from the Democratic National Committee. Afterwards, Trump told Gates that more information was coming, Gates testified."

 

Good, the impeachment proceedings would need to expand beyond Ukraine in order to be all impactful, I think.



Mermaid_Witch #41998 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 17:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 12963 battles
  • 13,967
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View Postgodofdun, on Nov 19 2019 - 10:44, said:

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/470914-dems-looking-at-trumps-possible-mueller-obstruction-in-impeachment

 

"In arguments before a panel of appellate judges of the D.C. Circuit Court, House attorney Douglas Letter cited the grand jury testimony of Trump’s former campaign chairman Paul Manafort in particular. Manafort’s statements could shed light on whether written responses Trump provided to the special counsel were untruthful, Letter said.


Trump told Mueller he didn't recall discussing WikiLeaks with Roger Stone, who was convicted of lying to Congress last week. 

But during Stone’s trial, Manafort’s deputy Rick Gates testified that Trump and Stone had a phone conversation following WikiLeaks' publication of emails stolen from the Democratic National Committee. Afterwards, Trump told Gates that more information was coming, Gates testified."

 

Good, the impeachment proceedings would need to expand beyond Ukraine in order to be all impactful, I think.

 

On the doubleplusgood side, all that stress seems to finally be taking a toll.  Donald "healthiest man alive" Trump was rushed to Walter Reed on Saturday for a totally routine, unscheduled physical.  He also went to Walter Reed on Saturday to meet with a courageous young man undergoing surgery there, as he usually does as President.



KilljoyCutter #41999 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 17:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 26,741
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/19/opinion/republicans-elections-impeachment.html

 

At some point, the GOP or a replacement party has to get off the stupid train.


 

A great irony of all this is that we could end up with an onerous one-party system at least for a while... and it wouldn't be the GOP.
 



Shrike58 #42000 Posted Nov 19 2019 - 18:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 71323 battles
  • 8,864
  • Member since:
    02-23-2013

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Nov 19 2019 - 11:10, said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/19/opinion/republicans-elections-impeachment.html

 

At some point, the GOP or a replacement party has to get off the stupid train.


 

A great irony of all this is that we could end up with an onerous one-party system at least for a while... and it wouldn't be the GOP.
 

 

There's a great future for a conservative party in this country....just probably not this one!






32 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users


    SpectreHD, ChairmanMilo, akh101, Cruiser_Katori