Jump to content


Planes, Trains and T110s


  • Please log in to reply
42717 replies to this topic

KilljoyCutter #42281 Posted Dec 13 2019 - 18:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 26,811
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

In WOWS news, WG has doubled down on the Holiday insult to the playerbase by having Sub_Octavian issue a hollow, vapid non-apology based on yet another claim of "poor communication".

 



DerViktim #42282 Posted Dec 13 2019 - 19:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 18344 battles
  • 7,166
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2011

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Dec 13 2019 - 12:46, said:

In WOWS news, WG has doubled down on the Holiday insult to the playerbase by having Sub_Octavian issue a hollow, vapid non-apology based on yet another claim of "poor communication".

 

 

 

I'm not going to defend any part of this event. The simple fact that you can spend $100 worth of dubloons on boosters and still NOT get the ship is beyond unacceptable.


Edited by DerViktim, Dec 13 2019 - 19:29.


Cruiser_Katori #42283 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 02:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 13242 battles
  • 5,270
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

View PostMermaid_Witch, on Dec 13 2019 - 06:18, said:

While the Coconut crab would be lolzy just for the freaked-out neighbors, I can't in good conscience recommend one when it would have to spend half the year cooped up inside your abode.  So get the scooter.

Another for the scooter. If things ever get tight, the scooter can go without food, or worst comes, it can be sold more easily. It's also backup transport if your main ride clunks.

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Dec 13 2019 - 08:46, said:

In WOWS news, WG has doubled down on the Holiday insult to the playerbase by having Sub_Octavian issue a hollow, vapid non-apology based on yet another claim of "poor communication".

View PostDerViktim, on Dec 13 2019 - 09:00, said:

 

I'm not going to defend any part of this event. The simple fact that you can spend $100 worth of dubloons on boosters and still NOT get the ship is beyond unacceptable.

Soooo...

WG has A) screwed over the playerbase, B) screwed over a number of community contributors in varying ways, C) done so in a VERY public and blatant manner, and D) issues only the bare minimum of statements and condolences on the subject. Nice. Real nice move... Even if there's a bunch of free containers, **** logging back in. I never really had much of value besides my ARP ships, either. Especially since I always seemed to get screwed in-game, too (although that at least could be because I don't squadron, and/or due to confirmation bias).

-

EDIT: I just realized: $200+ is more than I usually spend on groceries... IN A MONTH. $30-40 is my normal WEEKLY fuel-up cost. W. T. F. WG?

EDIT 2: Oh, right: $200 is roughly ONE SIXTH of my monthly housing costs. 


Edited by Cruiser_Katori, Dec 14 2019 - 02:34.


SpectreHD #42284 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 05:49

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 17071 battles
  • 17,410
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010
Hmm... another US ship not in the tech tree but as a mechanic to milk players. Seems to be trend for WG and what they do to US vehicles and ships.

Edited by SpectreHD, Dec 14 2019 - 05:49.


DerViktim #42285 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 07:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 18344 battles
  • 7,166
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2011

I just finished binge watching season 4 of The Expanse. It was a total roller-coaster ride. Waiting for season 5 is going to stink because they did "cliff-hanger ending" very VERY well. The Expanse is one of the best shows being made. I stand by that statement.

 

 



ChairmanMilo #42286 Posted Dec 14 2019 - 22:36

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13410 battles
  • 1,252
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012

View PostDerViktim, on Dec 14 2019 - 01:43, said:

I just finished binge watching season 4 of The Expanse. It was a total roller-coaster ride. Waiting for season 5 is going to stink because they did "cliff-hanger ending" very VERY well. The Expanse is one of the best shows being made. I stand by that statement.

 

 

I'm partway through the first episode and my excitement is building faster with every minute.


This coming from the guy that has all of the books sitting in front of him on his shelf.  One of the best sci fi series to come out in a lonnnng time.



Cruiser_Katori #42287 Posted Dec 15 2019 - 20:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 13242 battles
  • 5,270
  • Member since:
    07-17-2012

Nicely done.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2019/09/18/church-of-the-flying-spaghetti-monster-pastor-leads-prayer-at-kenai-borough-assembly-meeting/

It's about time someone gave folks around those parts a good demonstration of *why* separation of religion and state is enumerated and recognized as a critical aspect of the human existence. Now, Praised be Atom, O Goddess of the Glow! Her Voice of Deafening Thunder, Her Holy Hellfire of Blinding! May we Behold the Glory of Her Technologies, and build Reactors in Her Holy Name!

-----

-----

So, utterly and completely different topic... Erm... Righto.

So, for those in the know... Been running Kancolle, and the Aircraft B**ch at E-5 has been an [edited]. Miss Nagato has been shooting at everyone BUT the boss, who she just so happens to have a Magical Damage Bonus ™ against. So I say, "Nagato, PLEASE shoot and help sink the bloody boss! If you do, Sammy B. and her destroyer friends will be thankful, you know!". Suddenly, that run she shoots the boss and damn near sinks her entirely on her own. On a scale of Good Admiral to Gurl Y'all Done Goofed, where am I right now? Because I fear that I have awoken a sleeping giantess, and filled her heart with a powerful determination... Help? How many badly have I messed up by making a bargain with such a being? I mean, I didn't *promise* anything, did I? Right...? Atom, Oh Goddess of the Glow, please kindly light my path forward and out of this disaster...


Edited by Cruiser_Katori, Dec 16 2019 - 06:25.


PrimarchRogalDorn #42288 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 07:56

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 25 battles
  • 1,871
  • Member since:
    01-03-2017

View PostCruiser_Katori, on Dec 15 2019 - 14:44, said:

Nicely done.

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2019/09/18/church-of-the-flying-spaghetti-monster-pastor-leads-prayer-at-kenai-borough-assembly-meeting/

It's about time someone gave folks around those parts a good demonstration of *why* separation of religion and state is enumerated and recognized as a critical aspect of the human existence. Now, Praised be Atom, O Goddess of the Glow! Her Voice of Deafening Thunder, Her Holy Hellfire of Blinding! May we Behold the Glory of Her Technologies, and build Reactors in Her Holy Name!


R'amen


Edited by PrimarchRogalDorn, Dec 16 2019 - 07:56.


KilljoyCutter #42289 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 14:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 26,811
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

Only a few hours in, and the Dockyard in WOWS is already broken.

 



Tjtod #42290 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 15:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 6540 battles
  • 2,008
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013


Zergling #42291 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 16721 battles
  • 8,484
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011

Oh, Onyx got me to give World of Warshups another try. I could use an invite to the WoWS CMFRT clan if anyone can do it, please.

 



KilljoyCutter #42292 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 17:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 26,811
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View PostZergling, on Dec 16 2019 - 11:05, said:

Oh, Onyx got me to give World of Warshups another try. I could use an invite to the WoWS CMFRT clan if anyone can do it, please.

 

 


 

I'll do my best to remember when I log in tonight, if someone hasn't done it first.


 

The game itself isn't bad, you just have to set aside some of the dumber things WG does.


 



DerViktim #42293 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 18:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 18344 battles
  • 7,166
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2011


KilljoyCutter #42294 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 18:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 26,811
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

So Wargaming can't help stepping in it, I guess.

 

They just put out a new video about the Dockyard... showing all the values from the fundamentally different PTS, instead of the nearly impossible live values for the grind.

 

(On the off chance you posted about that DV, sorry, the video isn't loading in the browser right now, just a blank space.)


 



FrozenKemp #42295 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 19:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 54860 battles
  • 10,254
  • [8ARMY] 8ARMY
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Dec 16 2019 - 12:38, said:

They just put out a new video about the Dockyard... showing all the values from the fundamentally different PTS, instead of the nearly impossible live values for the grind.

 

Whoooops.



DerViktim #42296 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 19:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 18344 battles
  • 7,166
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2011

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Dec 16 2019 - 12:38, said:

So Wargaming can't help stepping in it, I guess.

 

They just put out a new video about the Dockyard... showing all the values from the fundamentally different PTS, instead of the nearly impossible live values for the grind.

 

(On the off chance you posted about that DV, sorry, the video isn't loading in the browser right now, just a blank space.)


 

 

I posted the latest Tanktoon from Ranzar. It is the first of a two part Christmas special. I'm kind of in a grab the popcorn and watch the show place in regards to the total train wreck that is the shipyard.:popcorn:

 

edit: I forgot to add, I finally got around to trying out the German BB accuracy buff last night. Tirpitz and Bismarck are much improved as a result.


Edited by DerViktim, Dec 16 2019 - 19:25.


Taiho #42297 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 19:48

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 3081 battles
  • 692
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Dec 16 2019 - 12:38, said:

So Wargaming can't help stepping in it, I guess.

 

They just put out a new video about the Dockyard... showing all the values from the fundamentally different PTS, instead of the nearly impossible live values for the grind.

 

Actually, I'm looking at a reddit thread about that video, and WG apparently went in and blurred out the doubloon prices listed some point after that was noticed.



Mermaid_Witch #42298 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 19:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 13052 battles
  • 14,073
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

December 16th, 1944.  What will later become known as the Battle of the Bulge starts.  For those of you who can't see YouTubes, the first video is a TIME Magazine video of the remembrance going on in (I assume) DC today.  The second video is a documentary about the Ardennes offensive.

 

 


Edited by Mermaid_Witch, Dec 16 2019 - 21:14.


DerViktim #42299 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 20:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 18344 battles
  • 7,166
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2011

View PostTaiho, on Dec 16 2019 - 13:48, said:

 

Actually, I'm looking at a reddit thread about that video, and WG apparently went in and blurred out the doubloon prices listed some point after that was noticed.

 

If you look at the news post about the event the values in the screenshots of the shipyard are still the test server values. Seems like attention to detail is not something their PR squad is capable of. Also, the more I look into the PR mess and the utterly tone deaf response they've had so far the less inclined I am to continue to support WG in the future.



DerViktim #42300 Posted Dec 16 2019 - 20:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 18344 battles
  • 7,166
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2011

Now for something completely different.

 

This has to be the most original commercial for a video series that I've ever seen. Henry Cavill, the actor who is playing The Witcher, reading The Witcher.

 






15 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 12 guests, 1 anonymous users


    Avalon304, Mermaid_Witch