Jump to content


Planes, Trains and T110s


  • Please log in to reply
48463 replies to this topic

Mermaid_Witch #47981 Posted Dec 03 2020 - 00:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 14686 battles
  • 14,946
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011
Hugh Keays-Byrne died.  You may remember him from such films as "Mad Max", where he played Toecutter Joe.  He was also Immortan Joe in "Mad Max: Fury Road".  May he ride eternal across the plains of Walhalla, Shiny and Chrome. 

godofdun #47982 Posted Dec 03 2020 - 01:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 17436 battles
  • 6,905
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostMermaid_Witch, on Dec 02 2020 - 15:47, said:

Trump just posted a 45 minute, unhinged lunatic rant about how the election is being stolen and how it's "statistically impossible" that he lost.

 

That sure was...............something.

 

View PostMermaid_Witch, on Dec 02 2020 - 16:37, said:

Hugh Keays-Byrne died.  You may remember him from such films as "Mad Max", where he played Toecutter Joe.  He was also Immortan Joe in "Mad Max: Fury Road".  May he ride eternal across the plains of Walhalla, Shiny and Chrome. 

 

:(



cipher12 #47983 Posted Dec 03 2020 - 16:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 11752 battles
  • 7,793
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011

In rather depressing news a new milestone has been reached with 3000 covid related deaths yesterday.

https://edition.cnn....sday/index.html

 



KilljoyCutter #47984 Posted Dec 03 2020 - 16:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 28,465
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View Postcipher12, on Dec 03 2020 - 10:51, said:

In rather depressing news a new milestone has been reached with 3000 covid related deaths yesterday.

https://edition.cnn....sday/index.html

 

Every two days, more people are dying than died in the Sept 11th attacks... that will be every single day very soon if things keep going that way.  

 

Sadly, we also see a lot of moronic "hoax" and "conspiracy" nonsense being spewed regarding both. 

 



Mermaid_Witch #47985 Posted Dec 03 2020 - 17:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 14686 battles
  • 14,946
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Dec 03 2020 - 10:57, said:

 

Every two days, more people are dying than died in the Sept 11th attacks... that will be every single day very soon if things keep going that way.  

 

Sadly, we also see a lot of moronic "hoax" and "conspiracy" nonsense being spewed regarding both. 

 

 

I seem to recall reading that so far Donald Trump's actions have caused more civilian deaths than 9/11 and the resulting Afghanistan and Iraq wars combined.  As in, best guess is around 204,000 civvies died as a result of the Iraq invasion and resulting insurgency.  Trump has killed more than that. 



cipher12 #47986 Posted Dec 03 2020 - 17:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 11752 battles
  • 7,793
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Dec 03 2020 - 16:57, said:

 

Every two days, more people are dying than died in the Sept 11th attacks... that will be every single day very soon if things keep going that way.  

 

Sadly, we also see a lot of moronic "hoax" and "conspiracy" nonsense being spewed regarding both. 

 


It was always gonna be an up hill struggle but I dont think anyone was quite prepared for the level of sabotage from the White House and GOP.



KilljoyCutter #47987 Posted Dec 03 2020 - 18:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 28,465
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View Postcipher12, on Dec 03 2020 - 11:47, said:


It was always gonna be an up hill struggle but I dont think anyone was quite prepared for the level of sabotage from the White House and GOP.

 

It doesn't help that FDA and CDC actively fought early testing efforts for a month, threatening regulatory and legal action against doctors and labs that wanted to move ahead, and rejecting tests developed in other countries.    The FDA is still, almost a year later, dragging its feet on rapid at-home testing, with the only test so far approved requiring a prescription for sale/use.  

 

It doesn't help that we were deliberately lied to about masks  for several weeks by the people who are now lauded as heroes, because they were trying to manipulate the demand.  

 

It doesn't help that "leaders" who have since been annointed as "on the right side" spent weeks in February/March fighting any sort of measures to slow the spread, including both Cuomo and Diblasio.  

 

It doesn't help that many of the early lockdowns were so slapdash, over-restrictive, and random -- see Michigan.  

 

Trump and his suckers are the big villains here, but the fertile ground for their lies and distortions didn't come from their efforts alone.  

 



Mermaid_Witch #47988 Posted Dec 03 2020 - 20:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 14686 battles
  • 14,946
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

Footage of the radio telescope collapsing.

 

Edit:  So, turns out the ACLU discovered that the US Military, among other agencies, purchased location and movement data related to a series of apps that help Muslims figure out what time of the day and in what direction they're supposed to pray. 


Edited by Mermaid_Witch, Dec 03 2020 - 20:47.


KilljoyCutter #47989 Posted Dec 03 2020 - 23:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 28,465
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

White House liaison banned from DOJ buildings for attempting to access restricted information.

https://apnews.com/a...3a2a3e421c3a52e

 

 



godofdun #47990 Posted Dec 03 2020 - 23:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 17436 battles
  • 6,905
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Dec 03 2020 - 08:57, said:

 

Every two days, more people are dying than died in the Sept 11th attacks... that will be every single day very soon if things keep going that way.  

 

Sadly, we also see a lot of moronic "hoax" and "conspiracy" nonsense being spewed regarding both. 

 

It's also not just on the "left coast" like in the spring, or just one section of the country like in the summer, it's everywhere and some of the hardest hit areas are the rural areas with little hospital capacity..................and still it can be explained away by partisan media?  If that's the case how bad would a theoretical catastrophe have to be to pierce this?  Rhetorical question that I'd kind of prefer not to see the real answer for.

 

-------------------------------------------

 

View PostMermaid_Witch, on Dec 03 2020 - 12:37, said:

Edit:  So, turns out the ACLU discovered that the US Military, among other agencies, purchased location and movement data related to a series of apps that help Muslims figure out what time of the day and in what direction they're supposed to pray. 

 

Yikes.

 

-------------------------

 

Warner Bros is sending it's entire 2021 slate of movies to it's streaming service the very same day they come out in theaters.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/warner-bros-smashes-box-office-windows-will-send-2021-slate-to-hbo-max-and-theaters?



Mermaid_Witch #47991 Posted Dec 04 2020 - 02:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 14686 battles
  • 14,946
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011
Michael Flynn, not content to have just one pardon, is actively gunning for a treason charge by taking out ad space urging Trump to suspend the Constitution, declare Martial Law, and have the Military oversee another election. 

KilljoyCutter #47992 Posted Dec 04 2020 - 14:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 28,465
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View PostMermaid_Witch, on Dec 03 2020 - 14:37, said:

Edit:  So, turns out the ACLU discovered that the US Military, among other agencies, purchased location and movement data related to a series of apps that help Muslims figure out what time of the day and in what direction they're supposed to pray. 

 

Another example of why the purchase, sale, and trade of personal information by business and government needs to be flatly entirely illegal.  

 

Speaking of... https://reason.com/2...a-on-your-door/

 


 

View PostMermaid_Witch, on Dec 03 2020 - 20:24, said:

Michael Flynn, not content to have just one pardon, is actively gunning for a treason charge by taking out ad space urging Trump to suspend the Constitution, declare Martial Law, and have the Military oversee another election. 

 

At what point does this sort of thing cross the line from free speech to fomenting sedition? 

 


Edited by KilljoyCutter, Dec 04 2020 - 14:38.


Mermaid_Witch #47993 Posted Dec 04 2020 - 15:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 14686 battles
  • 14,946
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011
Anyone feel like building a model?

KilljoyCutter #47994 Posted Dec 04 2020 - 22:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 28,465
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

Per published numbers, 1 in every 9 people in North Dakota has been infected. 

 



Avalon304 #47995 Posted Dec 05 2020 - 01:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 26420 battles
  • 12,046
  • [Y0RHA] Y0RHA
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012
6 losses from cheeto and allies in court today, putting them 1 win and 46 losses in the courts. Man... I love seeing him lose over and over again. Its just the best...

KilljoyCutter #47996 Posted Dec 05 2020 - 02:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 28,465
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View PostAvalon304, on Dec 04 2020 - 19:49, said:

6 losses from cheeto and allies in court today, putting them 1 win and 46 losses in the courts. Man... I love seeing him lose over and over again. Its just the best...

 

CNN says it was 9 losses today, 6 in PA alone. 

https://www.cnn.com/...atus/index.html

 

The more the merrier. 



godofdun #47997 Posted Dec 05 2020 - 02:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 17436 battles
  • 6,905
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

MASSIVE



Tjtod #47998 Posted Dec 05 2020 - 19:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 6540 battles
  • 2,153
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013


Mermaid_Witch #47999 Posted Dec 06 2020 - 00:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 14686 battles
  • 14,946
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011
Russia started "vaccinating" the populace of Moscow with their ingeniously developed "vaccine".  You know, the one that had like 40 people for the stage one and stage two trials.  Who wants to put bets down on whether or not the vaccine will work?

godofdun #48000 Posted Dec 06 2020 - 01:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 17436 battles
  • 6,905
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostMermaid_Witch, on Dec 05 2020 - 16:46, said:

Russia started "vaccinating" the populace of Moscow with their ingeniously developed "vaccine".  You know, the one that had like 40 people for the stage one and stage two trials.  Who wants to put bets down on whether or not the vaccine will work?

 

Honestly? If forced to choose I think I'd rather take the Chinese vaccine than the Russian lol.

------------------

 






15 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users


    Haunt8dTank, cipher12