Jump to content


Planes, Trains and T110s


  • Please log in to reply
48401 replies to this topic

PrimarchRogalDorn #48221 Posted Jan 15 2021 - 07:33

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 25 battles
  • 1,988
  • Member since:
    01-03-2017

Toyota's LMH car was revealed recently:

And some photos of it testing at Portimao:

Spoiler

 



godofdun #48222 Posted Jan 16 2021 - 01:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 17159 battles
  • 6,884
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostPrimarchRogalDorn, on Jan 14 2021 - 23:33, said:

Toyota's LMH car was revealed recently:

 

 

oooo, pretty.

 

--------------

 

yikes
https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/01/15/957209935/pandemic-shortens-u-s-life-expectancy-study-concludes?



KilljoyCutter #48223 Posted Jan 16 2021 - 01:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 28,451
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

 

More than 1 in every 1000 Americans has died of COVID, in under a year, and that doesn't count people who've died for secondary reasons due to the pandemic's effects.

 

Life expectancy in the US will go down by 1 year, for now.

 

 



cipher12 #48224 Posted Jan 16 2021 - 01:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 11752 battles
  • 7,790
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011

Remember a time when Telemarketers werent going to the west wing to try and get the president to invoke the insurrection act.

https://twitter.com/...186100564905985



godofdun #48225 Posted Jan 16 2021 - 18:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 17159 battles
  • 6,884
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Jan 15 2021 - 17:09, said:

 

More than 1 in every 1000 Americans has died of COVID, in under a year, and that doesn't count people who've died for secondary reasons due to the pandemic's effects.

 

Life expectancy in the US will go down by 1 year, for now.

 

It's not just the deaths directly, it's also the economic effects that lower average life expectancy.

 

View Postcipher12, on Jan 15 2021 - 17:25, said:

Remember a time when Telemarketers werent going to the west wing to try and get the president to invoke the insurrection act.

https://twitter.com/...186100564905985

 

Senpai notice me!



avenue94 #48226 Posted Jan 16 2021 - 21:12

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 40686 battles
  • 513
  • [7AD33] 7AD33
  • Member since:
    07-05-2010
Principled libertarian Rand Paul values party of country at this point. It's almost funny how much his cravenness outweighs his low political ceiling (he'll never be anything more than a senator, maybe in leadership at best).

Mermaid_Witch #48227 Posted Jan 16 2021 - 22:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 14620 battles
  • 14,943
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

 

Edit:  should be firing off around 5PM EST. 

 

Edit 2:  apparently the window for firing ends at 6PM EST.  we'll have to see if they fire it.

 

Edit 3:  About 6 minutes until launch

 


Edited by Mermaid_Witch, Jan 16 2021 - 23:20.


KilljoyCutter #48228 Posted Jan 17 2021 - 00:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 28,451
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View Postavenue94, on Jan 16 2021 - 15:12, said:

Principled libertarian Rand Paul values party of country at this point. It's almost funny how much his cravenness outweighs his low political ceiling (he'll never be anything more than a senator, maybe in leadership at best).

 

The GOP shouldn't want those voters.

 



avenue94 #48229 Posted Jan 17 2021 - 02:32

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 40686 battles
  • 513
  • [7AD33] 7AD33
  • Member since:
    07-05-2010

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Jan 16 2021 - 15:05, said:

 

The GOP shouldn't want those voters.

 

Unfortunately the GOP has discovered math. If only, say, they had a electoral appeal for...non white voters?



Taiho #48230 Posted Jan 17 2021 - 06:11

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 3106 battles
  • 736
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011

View Postcipher12, on Jan 14 2021 - 11:11, said:

Pelosi saying her young staffers knew to barricade the doors, turn off the lights, and stay silent because they learned it in school was pretty yikes.

 

School shooting drills. Lights out, lock door, be silent. Also, probably move everyone to be out of sight of any door window. Barricade door is probably a good idea too, but not something you'd do in drills.



godofdun #48231 Posted Jan 18 2021 - 05:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 17159 battles
  • 6,884
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Jan 16 2021 - 16:05, said:

 

The GOP shouldn't want those voters.

 

 

Look at how fast those voters turned on Pence just because he didn't do something that........wasn't constitutionally in his power to even do lol.  I think Paul is overestimating the GOP's ability to hold that tiger by the tail and not get mauled.  They're only hope is to jettison the Trumpism now in order to retain the maximum amount of independent support possible and hope that the hard line conservative voters trickle back cause it's still a 2 horse race with no real option for them.

 

Either way they're going to go into the 2022 midterms pretty bruised and broken unless the Biden administration bungles things in spectacular fashion...........which has a non-zero chance of happening for sure.

 

EDIT: Slow around here

Parler apparently back up, with help from some reeeeaaaaaly shady people
https://www.vice.com/en/article/wx87q4/parler-is-coming-backwith-some-russian-help?

 

Lovely, homeless not getting counted, so cities and states won't even have an idea of where they're at with the problem
https://www.npr.org/2021/01/18/957379320/for-many-areas-count-of-homeless-population-is-canceled-or-delayed?

 

Police more violent towards left leaning protestors backed up by data
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-polices-tepid-response-to-the-capitol-breach-wasnt-an-aberration/


Edited by godofdun, Jan 19 2021 - 20:29.


Tjtod #48232 Posted Jan 19 2021 - 21:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 6540 battles
  • 2,145
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013


Mermaid_Witch #48233 Posted Jan 20 2021 - 19:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 14620 battles
  • 14,943
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011
Man, I've been watching the news all day and there hasn't been a hint of Trump.  This is great.

KilljoyCutter #48234 Posted Jan 20 2021 - 20:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 28,451
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View PostMermaid_Witch, on Jan 20 2021 - 13:40, said:

Man, I've been watching the news all day and there hasn't been a hint of Trump.  This is great.

 

Who? 

 



KilljoyCutter #48235 Posted Jan 21 2021 - 16:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 28,451
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

For those playing WOWS who want to reset all the auto-assigned skills on all their captains (from the Skill Rebork going live), there is a link to do so.

 

https://worldofwarsh...all-commanders/



godofdun #48236 Posted Jan 21 2021 - 21:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 17159 battles
  • 6,884
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

Ayup, we'll be dealing with this for years
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-lungs-scarring-smokers-lungs/

 

"She says patients who've had COVID-19 symptoms show a severe chest X-ray every time, and those who were asymptomatic show a severe chest X-ray 70% to 80% of the time."



KilljoyCutter #48237 Posted Jan 21 2021 - 23:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 28,451
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View Postgodofdun, on Jan 21 2021 - 15:41, said:

Ayup, we'll be dealing with this for years
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-lungs-scarring-smokers-lungs/

 

"She says patients who've had COVID-19 symptoms show a severe chest X-ray every time, and those who were asymptomatic show a severe chest X-ray 70% to 80% of the time."

 

I'm a bit dubious as to how someone could be asymptomatic while suffering severe lung damage...  


 

 



godofdun #48238 Posted Jan 22 2021 - 04:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 17159 battles
  • 6,884
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Jan 21 2021 - 15:03, said:

 

I'm a bit dubious as to how someone could be asymptomatic while suffering severe lung damage...  

 

I would assume "asymptomatic" in this case refers simply to when they initially would have had covid but don't remember having any symptoms at the time.  They obviously had some reason to go and get the x-ray at a later date than when they might have had it so it's not as if they never noticed anything.



KilljoyCutter #48239 Posted Jan 22 2021 - 04:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 28,451
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View Postgodofdun, on Jan 21 2021 - 22:10, said:

 

I would assume "asymptomatic" in this case refers simply to when they initially would have had covid but don't remember having any symptoms at the time.  They obviously had some reason to go and get the x-ray at a later date than when they might have had it so it's not as if they never noticed anything.

 

Medical journalism stumbling over itself again, maybe. 

 



KilljoyCutter #48240 Posted Jan 22 2021 - 05:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 28,451
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

WG put out a survey about the WOWS captain skills rebork.

 

Judging by forum, etc, activity, it's getting ROASTED by players.

 

https://checkbox.war...e_0.10.0.survey

 






16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users