• Please log in to reply
17346 replies to this topic

Zergling #17341 Posted Today, 06:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16721 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostTjtod, on Oct 24 2017 - 11:33, said:

Gah, god damnit, why the hell do I have to wait until tomorrow morning to play the game I bought from a store today?!

DerViktim #17342 Posted Today, 07:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18187 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostZergling, on Oct 24 2017 - 00:56, said:

Gah, god damnit, why the hell do I have to wait until tomorrow morning to play the game I bought from a store today?!

Because Bungie almost always does things based on 10:00 AM Pacific Time because their offices are in California. The only exception I can remember was the Destiny 2 console launch, and that mean you Australians got a 17 hour head start over me.

Avalon304 #17343 Posted Today, 07:04 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16593 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostDerViktim, on Oct 23 2017 - 22:53, said:

DerViktim's Guide for the new Destiny 2 Player:

Welcome to Destiny 2 on the PC. Congratulations for having the fortitude to hold out for an extra 6 weeks to play the game on the best gaming platform available with the best controllers available (PC with a Keyboard and Mouse). Here are some things to know that will help you get started. I've leveled a toon of each class to 300+ power on the Xbox One. I pretty much know my way around everything but the raid (which I haven't done).

1) You will be able to group up for story missions after you reach The Farm for the second time.

2) Missions that you will do to unlock your sub-classes are solo only. Take the time to listen to the lore. It is worth it.

3) Teaming up is the quickest and most fun way to play through the story missions.

4) Your pre-order bonuses will arrive in your character's in game mailbox upon completion of the main story.

5) Solo, you can expect the story to take 8-10 hours depending on your general skill level with first person shooters. When teamed you can usually lop a couple hours off the time required to finish the story arc.

6) You have three character slots. It is best to make one of each character class. The weekly tasks (called milestones) can only be redeemed once, per class, per account, per week. This means making three of the same character class serves no benefit past a certain threshold which you'll bump into pretty quickly. You would be better off spending the time you would have spent leveling an alt of the same class just grinding out gear for the first toon.

7) There are two missions that will reward you a pick of one of three exotic items. A weapon and a piece of armor. I would say the best items, long term, are:

Weapon: Sunshot is the first pick, Graviton Lance is second, and Riskrunner third. As you can get the unlock of these items once per toon I'd recommend picking them in this order.

Class Armor:

Titan: Actium War Rig

Warlock: Eye of Another World

Hunter: Raiden Flux

Essentially what you pick here will be added to your collection (the collection interface is in a tab in your bank) and you can reclaim them later for 10 legendary shards. The other items are still available either from Xur (weekly vendor that sells exotic items for legendary shards) or from Exotic Engrams. You can collect them later. This is just your one garanteed pick. I would not recommend leveling up the weapon. Leave it alone. You'll be able to pass it to your other characters through your bank to help them level. if you power up the weapons you'll lose that benefit.

Other things to know:

-All in game currencies are account wide. Your credit and legendary item balances are shared across all characters.

-Your Bank inventory, Mod Inventory, and Shader Inventories are account wide.

-When you loot an exotic item, emote, or emblem for the first time it will be added to your collection. You can reclaim any item from your collection on any of your other characters as long as that character can use it. This mainly applies to Exotic weapons, emotes, and emblems. Exotic class armors are class specific, so you can't claim a warlock item on a titan for example.

-Don't stress about collecting legendary gear until your character reaches 280 power. You'll be turning and burning through gear so quickly it just won't be worth the expense of infusing your gear to get your power rank up to snuff.

-Power level only matters in two activities at present. These activities are the Nightfall, and the Raid. Power score means nothing in both of the end game crucible activities. Unlike Destiny 1, where Trials and Iron Banner used power level, neither event in Destiny 2 uses power level.

I'll be around so feel free to ask me any questions and I'll be happy to help. You'll be able to find me on Battle.Net as Mechanut#1534. Unless I take some personal time tomorrow I'll probably be online between 5:30 and 6:00 Eastern.

Very nice... fortunately Im an OG Year 1 Destiny player... so its all pretty much the same.

DerViktim #17344 Posted Today, 07:10 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18187 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 24 2017 - 01:04, said:

Very nice... fortunately Im an OG Year 1 Destiny player... so its all pretty much the same.

There are a lot of changes in how the game systems work compared to Destiny 1. The single biggest thing is that Power doesn't mean much unless you are going to do Nightfalls, the Raid, or the Prestige versions of both. If you aren't doing either activity, don't stress, AT ALL, about your Power Level (formerly called Light). The recommended power level for regular strikes is 140, and none of the crucible play lists use level advantages including trials and Iron Banner.

SpectreHD #17345 Posted Today, 07:13 AM

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • [TT] TT
Quite tempted to get Destiny 2 but not enough. Rather just go play The Division.

Avalon304 #17346 Posted Today, 07:48 AM

Major

• Players
  • 16593 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostDerViktim, on Oct 23 2017 - 23:10, said:

There are a lot of changes in how the game systems work compared to Destiny 1. The single biggest thing is that Power doesn't mean much unless you are going to do Nightfalls, the Raid, or the Prestige versions of both. If you aren't doing either activity, don't stress, AT ALL, about your Power Level (formerly called Light). The recommended power level for regular strikes is 140, and none of the crucible play lists use level advantages including trials and Iron Banner.

Thats really pretty much the same as it was in Destiny 1. Outside of power not mattering for the hyper-competitive PVP modes. Missions had a recommendation, but it was largely just a suggestion. I dont PVP so that doesnt really matter. I chase the big numbers so I can Nightfall and Raid. (I assume 'Prestige' is equivalent to 'Hard' mode raids with the challenge modifiers active).

Jarms48 #17347 Posted Today, 08:10 AM

Captain

• -Players-
  • 117 battles

View PostSpectreHD, on Oct 24 2017 - 12:05, said:

AW was such a waste of opportunity to challenge WoT.

AW could have been something different and it was but it still retained to much of the bad things of WoT. AW could have had more Westernised thinking of game design like skilled team balancing.

But no, all the WoT immigrants wanted the same crap MM as WoT i.e. completely "random" but with a chance to skew the supposed impartiality of completely random by wanting to continue to platoon. This is one thing I love about Mechwarrior Online. Premade teams or platoons play only with other premade teams. Advantage is one whole team can be made of friends. So a "platoon" of 12 players. But no, the devs listened to the minority of idiots that cannot play unless they hold hands with other players. Solo players were told to not be "socially awkward" and get friends. Like seriously, how elitist and unfair is that? When the server population was dwindling, the devs proposed smaller PvP teams to help create games so that more will play PvP. But no, these idiots rejected the idea. Ironically, these idiots mentioned the influence of platoons in these stating how influential it is in smaller PvP teams. The God damned hypocrisy.

Also, just as many players wanted skilled team balancing. A concept present in many Western MMO PvP games or at least some form of skill bracket. But nah. All the "good" players whine and whine about how they get so punished for being "good". Skilled team balancing would greatly benefit the solo players aka the majority of players playing. Of course we know solo players are second rate citizens.

AW could have been a game designed in not being a game built around the concept of motivation through frustration like WoT is. But these WoT immigrants still wanted to bring WoT game decisions into AW. I feel that is one of the major factors in AW failing.

Other things though include their poor balancing, introduction of Tier 8s and higher (but I believe this is Mail.RUs doing before the game and balance was ready) which further worsened the already poor balance. 

AW had its chance and it blew it.

Amen. I really enjoyed Armoured Warfare PvE, got a couple of my mates into it as well. Then they removed Obsidian Entertainment, who were trying to make their game interesting and unique, and replaced them with a company who literally just wanted to make a modern WoT clone. The game was no longer enjoyable for me and my mates. Haven't played it since.

View PostSpectreHD, on Oct 24 2017 - 12:05, said:

As for WG, I do not know what is up with them. They have someone with no vision or idea for the future of the game, let alone someone with any design experience to properly lead the game. We can make the excuse that they are too big. This just means they have people in charge that are incompetent. They need to get everyone on board on the same vision.

They need to have a standardised balance procedure and to continue what actual procedure they have been following all this years till recently i.e. keep armour as historical as reasonably possible. This means they have to address the detrimental effects premium ammo has on balance. The latter is a concept some of defenders of premium ammo seem to be unable to grasp. "Hurr durr why not use the best (balancing destroying) tool for the job hurr durr" or even the nonsensical "your are just too poor or are a free player". Really spastic jumps in conclusion.

Marketing department needs to tone down the prices of some items in the shop. For one, $15 is not worth the price of a monthly subscription for this game as the game itself is not worth the money and premium account gives too little for the asking price. Sure, one can buy in 6 or 12 months of premium at a discount even during that 50% off for one years worth. But then the game itself is still not worth spending that kind of money. Tanks with bundles itself should be more appealing with the extras coming as free instead of a discount. Black Friday deals should have massive discounts across the board. Not make large bundles with marginal levels of discount.

Quite frankly, I have no confidence in WG ever turning around. The damage these new team of "devs" is starting to reach the point of no return with every new patch.

This. 100%.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users

Avalon304, SpectreHD