T110's Northern Migration

• Please log in to reply
19604 replies to this topic

EmpressNero #10141 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 16:46

Major

• Players
  • 11176 battles

View PostRitaGamer, on Jul 17 2017 - 10:32, said:

I at least live far away from busy traffic but I still worry that she would wander there.

I'm more afraid of the foxes honestly. 

Never really thought of foxes as a threat to our cats.  Porcupines, on the other hand...  Well, let's just say I've had to yank quills out of a struggling cat before.

View PostRitaGamer, on Jul 17 2017 - 10:39, said:

....These are not the droids you are looking for...?

I was thinking more along the lines of "Witness me, Blood bag!  Witness!!!!"

Edited by EmpressNero, Jul 17 2017 - 16:54.

DerViktim #10142 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 16:57

Major

• Players
  • 18241 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostEmpressNero, on Jul 17 2017 - 10:46, said:

I was thinking more along the lines of "Witness me, Blood bag!  Witness!!!!"

I was thinking it was one of the more interesting Frankencars I've ever seen to be completely honest.

GoldMountain #10143 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 17:05

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 41 battles

View PostRitaGamer, on Jul 17 2017 - 13:56, said:

The little b!tch just suddenly appeared upstairs like nothing had happened... -.-''  I can't deal with her drama!

She's all dirty with grass and dust on her fur. Gave her a good petting, fresh food and water and will throw her in the bathtub once she's done eating for the first time in half a day!

She doesn't like baths but she doesn't fight... she's spoiled so she cries for me to be done washing her asap. It's kinda funny and cute. As for Ju... that one goes out on the rain and comes back home all muddled up yep she fights when its bath time. 

Just glad to have her back home.

Ok...

This cabbage planting business is starting to get to me! Butterflies are laying eggs on my cabbait's and its triggering my Lepidopterophobia! Oh dear just to think of it I start curling my toes....!!!

She wants to be wild and free!

Starne #10144 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 17:14

Major

• Players
  • 7501 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

(One of) Trump's Lawyers: "Well, if this meeting with the Russians was so nefarious, then why did the Secret Service vet it, huh?"

US Secret Service: "Donald Jr. was not under our protection at the time, so we didn't vet nobody or nothin' to do with this, bro."

No wonder so many of Team Trump's lawyers are now getting their own lawyers...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-idUSKBN1A10Q9

"Stupid Watergate" indeed.

Edited by Starne, Jul 17 2017 - 17:19.

KilljoyCutter #10145 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 17:18

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles

View PostStarne, on Jul 17 2017 - 11:14, said:

(One of) Trump's Lawyers: "Well, if this meeting with the Russians was so nefarious, then why did the Secret Service vet it, huh?"

US Secret Service: "Donald Jr. was not under our protection at the time, so we didn't vet nobody or nothin' to do with this, bro."

No wonder so many of Team Trump's lawyers are now getting their own lawyers...

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-idUSKBN1A10Q9

But of course Trump's fanboys will be repeating the false claim until the end of days -- "Secret Service vetted the meeting!" -- no matter how many times the Secret Service says "No, we did not." 

Life_In_Black #10146 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 17:26

Major

• Players
  • 24488 battles
  • [KGS] KGS
Just wait until the Trump fanboys start claiming the meeting with the Russian lawyer was an Obama false-flag operation to take down Trump.

Zergling #10147 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 17:27

Major

• Players
  • 16721 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostEmpressNero, on Jul 18 2017 - 01:07, said:

View Postcipher12, on Jul 17 2017 - 09:30, said:

I expect the new Star Wars to be another very safe movie thats ok but will have no desire to ever rewatch.

yeah, probably.  I'm sure it'll rake in tons of money and everyone will buy the blu-ray because it's Star Wars, but I doubt it'll get anywhere near as many repeat viewings as the originals.  Heck, I'm pretty sure we have The Force Awakens on blu-ray around here somewhere, and we've never watched it.

I know we have Rogue One, and we have watched it since it became available, but only as a backdrop to Redlettermedia's commentary track on it.  Even with the commentary track, it really wasn't that great of a watch.

Yeah... I bought the Force Awakens and Rogue One DVDs just because they're Star Wars, but months later I still haven't bothered watching either movie yet.

View PostLife_In_Black, on Jul 18 2017 - 02:26, said:

Just wait until the Trump fanboys start claiming the meeting with the Russian lawyer was an Obama false-flag operation to take down Trump.

They already are.

Edited by Zergling, Jul 17 2017 - 17:27.

Kenshin2kx #10148 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 17:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 16038 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Jul 16 2017 - 12:51, said:

I had a feeling this would happen for this Doctor... I just wish they would have chosen a better actress... I really dont like Jodie Whittaker... I liked Broadchurch well enough, but that was in spite of her performance in it.

Ohhhh ... I put in my vote for Halay Atwell ... :great: 

KilljoyCutter #10149 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 17:34

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles

Trump might be (OK, just plain IS) his own worst enemy...

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=48641500

Starne #10150 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 17:50

Major

• Players
  • 7501 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Jul 17 2017 - 11:18, said:

But of course Trump's fanboys will be repeating the false claim until the end of days -- "Secret Service vetted the meeting!" -- no matter how many times the Secret Service says "No, we did not." 

The hilarious part about this latest episode in this whole [edited]storm? This proves that this truly is "Stupid Watergate". By putting the emails out himself, instead of letting the NYT publish them, Jr. prevented daddy and the rest of Team Trump from claiming the emails to be "Fake news from the failing New York Times!" But he couldn't have done that, because that would've been dangerously close to letting the NYT have the last word and hold the spotlight, and a narcissistic egomaniac like (apparently) most members of the Trump clan can't have that.

View PostLife_In_Black, on Jul 17 2017 - 11:26, said:

My favorite response to this is: If the Democrats had really set this all up just to catch Team Trump with their hand in the cookie jar... One: Why would the Democrats stay quiet about it? Two: It still proves that Team Trump were not only open to the prospect of receiving (illegal) support from a hostile foreign government, they were eager for it.

My whole takeaway is this: Don Jr. stumbled all over himself at the mere prospect of getting dirt on Hillary from the Kremlin. That's a pretty clear demonstration of intent to collude from one of the senior-most members of Team Trump. In addition, two of the usual suspects, Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner were both present for the meeting, and despite their emphatic denials, were certainly aware of the purpose of the meeting. So that's clear intent to collude from three top members of Team Trump, all whom report directly to Don Sr. And as to whether Don Sr. really knew nothing about this meeting, he was in New York (despite Trumpster's denials) on the day of the meeting, even being in Trump Tower for most of the day.

http://www.politifact.com/punditfact/statements/2017/jul/14/corey-lewandowski/lewandowski-wrongly-says-trump-florida-day-trump-t/

MajorOffensive #10151 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:09

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26741 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ

View PostEmpressNero, on Jul 17 2017 - 09:00, said:

You know, I can't seem to get too excited for a new Star Wars film.  I mean, sure The Force Awakens was competent, but it really didn't capture the feel of the originals.  And let's not even get into the mess that was Rogue One.  It just seems to me that they're phoning it in at this point.  Of course, I may be wrong and the next movie will be phenomenal.  But really, I haven't had the urge to rewatch The Force Awakens like I have to rewatch the originals.  I dunno, maybe I'm too old for this s***t.

Same.  I prefer them over most of the prequel trilogy, but you know... that really isn't saying much... I agree it will probably be a safe movie that doesn't really stand out or add much of interest to the story.

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Jul 17 2017 - 09:02, said:

Sounds like someone has some explaining to do about why things were left open...

Very happy to hear that your cat came home. 

Indeed.  I'm glad she made it back safely, but Lucy's got some splaining to do.

RitaGamer #10152 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:10

Major

• Players
  • 2729 battles
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY

View PostGoldMountain, on Jul 17 2017 - 16:05, said:

She wants to be wild and free!

And catch an STD!

Spoiler

GoldMountain #10153 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 41 battles

View PostRitaGamer, on Jul 17 2017 - 15:32, said:

I at least live far away from busy traffic but I still worry that she would wander there.

I'm more afraid of the foxes honestly. 

Foxes don't attack cats... its extremely rare. I've lived in the countryside for 15 years and always had cats, never known of or seen any fox attacks against cats here.

Most of the time they ignore each other or outright avoid each other, but cats always get into scuffles with other cats over territorial disputes.

Only time a fox would go for a cat is if it were a kitten, or very old and not able to defend itself.

Foxes are actually quite smart predators, very opportunistic and wont attack anything they know they might have trouble with.

Cats vs cats and Cats vs cars are your worst things to fear about. Even in areas that are not busy with cars, sometimes a cat will just be silly enough to get themselves hit, or be blinded by headlights, while a bad catfight will result in an expensive vets bill.

Personally, cats are much happier being out and about. Its much more natural for them. When we got our new one, we were going to try and keep her inside for 6 weeks, after 2 days she escaped into the garden. Managed to get her back inside, then after 2 weeks and her constantly by the door/window trying to get out all the time, we just left her to her devices.

KilljoyCutter #10154 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:18

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles

In much of the US, the worsening coyote problem is a major threat to cats (and small dogs).  

And outdoor cats are a major contributor to population decline in songbirds and small mammals.

Better to keep cats indoors or otherwise contained -- safer for them, safer for local the ecology. 

Starne #10155 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:25

Major

• Players
  • 7501 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Jul 17 2017 - 12:18, said:

In much of the US, the worsening coyote problem is a major threat to cats (and small dogs).  

And outdoor cats are a major contributor to population decline in songbirds and small mammals.

Better to keep cats indoors or otherwise contained -- safer for them, safer for local the ecology. 

In some parts of the US, there are plenty of other wild critters beyond Coyotes that would look at a domestic cat and think "Ooh, dinner." Locally, we have bobcats (North American Lynx), which would happily kill and eat a domestic cat, plus black bears, wandering alligators, and even the occasional panther. I wouldn't be surprised if a particularly hungry adult raccoon made an attempt at nomming on a smaller cat. And of course, the [edited]coyotes. One of the local dairies kills an average of one coyote a week, and they still occasionally lose calves.

KilljoyCutter #10156 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:32

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles

OK, seriously, how the hell are the Minneapolis police going to weasel out of this one? 

http://www.bbc.com/n...tralia-40627847

Trigger-happy incompetent nitwits.  First they kill a man who wasn't holding or reaching for his gun, and was a legal permit holder... then they kill an unarmed woman, who had called 911! 

Starne #10157 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:35

Major

• Players
  • 7501 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Jul 17 2017 - 12:32, said:

OK, seriously, how the hell are the Minneapolis police going to weasel out of this one? 

http://www.bbc.com/n...tralia-40627847

Trigger-happy incompetent nitwits.  First they kill a man who wasn't holding or reaching for his gun, and was a legal permit holder... then they kill an unarmed woman, who had called 911! 

The cynic in me feels the need to point out that this'll be a lot harder for them to bury, and will probably garner a lot more widespread attention and outrage, because the person the trigger happy cops shot this time was a blonde white woman.

DerViktim #10158 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:36

Major

• Players
  • 18241 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Jul 17 2017 - 12:18, said:

IIRC coyotes were re-introduced to NYS to help control the exploding deer population. NYS farmers did too good of a job of eliminating predatory threats to the deer population and with a declining amount of hunters the deer populations have gotten large enough to become a problem. IIRC one of the solutions was to re-introduce coyotes to the area.

stalkervision #10159 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:36

Major

• Players
  • 51112 battles

HAWKS..I saw one swoop down and carry off a big squirrel in a blink of a eye. A roaming house cat looking for love or little birds would be a tasty treat. Think a cat could fight one? They hit like a freight train and sink their sharp talons deep into whatever they attack.

KilljoyCutter #10160 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 18:45

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles

View PostDerViktim, on Jul 17 2017 - 12:36, said:

IIRC coyotes were re-introduced to NYS to help control the exploding deer population. NYS farmers did too good of a job of eliminating predatory threats to the deer population and with a declining amount of hunters the deer populations have gotten large enough to become a problem. IIRC one of the solutions was to re-introduce coyotes to the area.

Here, there was no reintroduction.  They've come a problem all on their own. 

Part of the problem here is that wolves used to control the coyotes as natural rivals and competitors, keeping the coyotes small, scavenging, and isolated.  Without wolves, the coyotes have slowly become bigger, more aggressive, and more social, having no fear of being attacked by the larger and more "organized" wolf packs.  And they're far more numerous and far less choosy than the wolves would have been -- they don't restrict their own breeding like wolves do, and they'll still kill and eat anything they can get. 

It's so bad that open season is pretty much in effect on coyotes... if they're on your property, and you shoot them, state game officials aren't going to ask any questions, or even care if you tell them about it, as it's just assumed that they were threatening or damaging something. 

41 user(s) are reading this topic

7 members, 32 guests, 2 anonymous users

cipher12, Tjtod, EmpressNero, Avalon304, Haunt8dTank, LittleJoeRambler, avenue94