Jump to content


T110's Northern Migration


  • Please log in to reply
10764 replies to this topic

Tjtod #10181 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 20:32

    Captain

  • Players
  • 6540 battles
  • 1,137
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013

View PostDerViktim, on Jul 17 2017 - 15:14, said:

In other nerd related news, a friend of mine purchased the new Lego Saturn V rocket kit and finished it yesterday on the anniversary of the Apollo 11 launch. It is flipping huge, and gloriously awesome.

 

edit: Full disclosure, Adam Savage is not somebody that I know IRL, but this seemed the best way to share the awesomeness that is the Saturn V rocket Lego.

 

 

saw that a few weeks ago and now I want a Lego Saturn V.

ChairmanMilo #10182 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 20:47

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13292 battles
  • 1,067
  • Member since:
    01-28-2012

View PostGoldMountain, on Jul 17 2017 - 13:03, said:

 

Oh for f***s sake. 
There is absolutely no need to post something like that.

Please take it down.

 

Why not put him on your ignore list?  I think Rita may be the only other one in the thread that has not.

 

Sure makes things a lot more pleasant in here.

 

P.S. GoT comment: when I grow up I want to be Arya Stark.



stalkervision #10183 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 21:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 47860 battles
  • 7,460
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

the video is gone, I originally intended to make it just a link but placed the video by mistake instead, I warned squeamish people not to view it beforehand. If you did then that's entirely your fault. I posted the video to prove it does not in fact take a large animal to get a cat. I felt very bad for that cat actually. Please don't let your favorite cats roam.:(

 

I should be happy because I see cats kill pretty songbirds all he time but can't be.



EmpressNero #10184 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 21:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 10715 battles
  • 10,998
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View PostChairmanMilo, on Jul 17 2017 - 14:47, said:

 

Why not put him on your ignore list?  I think Rita may be the only other one in the thread that has not.

 

Sure makes things a lot more pleasant in here.

 

P.S. GoT comment: when I grow up I want to be Arya Stark.

 

How many people have to have him on ignore before Chieftain declares him and his IP persona non grata in the thread?



stalkervision #10185 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 21:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 47860 battles
  • 7,460
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View PostEmpressNero, on Jul 17 2017 - 15:13, said:

 

How many people have to have him on ignore before Chieftain declares him and his IP persona non grata in the thread?

 

 It was a mistake pal and I removed it. PERIOD I had gold mountain on my ignore list because of his previous caustic attitude toward me and only realized it bother anyone till now   There was a warning beforehand. I didn't even realize anyone was bothered it tll now. There was a warning beforehand.  BTW your on my ignore list also for the same reason. It appears with some justification doesn't it?

 



EmpressNero #10186 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 21:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 10715 battles
  • 10,998
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View Poststalkervision, on Jul 17 2017 - 15:24, said:

 

 It was a mistake pal and I removed it. PERIOD I had gold mountain on my ignore list because of his previous caustic attitude toward me and only realized it bother anyone till now   There was a warning beforehand. I didn't even realize anyone was bothered it till now.

 

Blaming the victim for calling you out on something you shared.  Classic creeper behavior.  And don't think your little joke about abducting women from the beach wasn't noticed, because it was.  Your little "oh, look at me posting innocent music videos, I'm just one of the guys" act doesn't fly in here.  Shape up or get out.

stalkervision #10187 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 21:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 47860 battles
  • 7,460
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View PostEmpressNero, on Jul 17 2017 - 15:28, said:

 

Blaming the victim for calling you out on something you shared.  Classic creeper behavior.  And don't think your little joke about abducting women from the beach wasn't noticed, because it was.  Your little "oh, look at me posting innocent music videos, I'm just one of the guys" act doesn't fly in here.  Shape up or get out.

 

Pal, calling someone a "creeper' who isn't is classic sick childish behavior. I resent being slandered this way.  Joke about the beach? You need serious psychological consulting . It was a response to some child saying I would abduct anyone.   That was a riot it was so stupid and juvenile. NOW I can't even post music I like? Wow..Just WOW...

 

Rita, had a friend silentstalker who can't even post here because of people like you.



Kenshin2kx #10188 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 21:59

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 14900 battles
  • 4,057
  • Member since:
    07-20-2014

... to be fair, people should be judged on their ability to communicate in an equitable and coherent manner ... now if it comes to light that there are subjective perceptions of actions or comments, then the next logical step is open and candid assessment, used to find intent.   Now, if it comes to light that there was no malign or subversive intent, then it, IMHO, becomes an situation for "good faith" awareness and possible adjustment for personal sensitivities ... Note, that it is particularly difficult to 'banter' in casual conversation mode ... with only typed text and links ... IIRC, various studies have shown that 'standard' 'face to face' conversational transfer of information usually amounts to an effective fraction of the information intended.

 

Now, consider a line of text from someone hundreds if not thousands of miles away, with possibly a different cultural orientation, state of mind, vocabulary, and facility in the language of forum choice?   Really, when I think of it, I am surprised, we don't have more internet generated wars ... :izmena: :izmena: :izmena: :izmena:     :D

 

 


Edited by Kenshin2kx, Jul 17 2017 - 22:00.


MajorOffensive #10189 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:05

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25046 battles
  • 2,479
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
  • Member since:
    09-04-2010

View PostDerViktim, on Jul 17 2017 - 13:50, said:

 

The officer in question was found not guilty in a jury trial. The officer in question lost his job. At a minimum the police department got it right after the fact even though the jury found him not guilty.

 

That's barely a slap on the wrist in cases where a human life was inappropriately taken.

 

View Poststalkervision, on Jul 17 2017 - 15:38, said:

Rita, had a friend silentstalker who can't even post here because of people like you.

 

Completely unrelated issue, and your claim isn't supported by facts.  I would recommend not discussing moderation issues like that on the forum.  It's against the rules, and mods an any forum generally don't take kindly to it.



GoldMountain #10190 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:13

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 41 battles
  • 7,247
  • Member since:
    01-06-2011

View Poststalkervision, on Jul 17 2017 - 20:38, said:

 

Pal, calling someone a "creeper' who isn't is classic sick childish behavior. I resent being slandered this way.  Joke about the beach? You need serious psychological consulting . It was a response to some child saying I would abduct anyone.   That was a riot it was so stupid and juvenile. NOW I can't even post music I like? Wow..Just WOW...

 

Rita, had a friend silentstalker who can't even post here because of people like you.

 

SS was banned because of his affiliation with Armoured Warfare and him posting stuff about the game on these forums.

No other real reason to be honest.



stalkervision #10191 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 47860 battles
  • 7,460
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View PostKenshin2kx, on Jul 17 2017 - 15:59, said:

... to be fair, people should be judged on their ability to communicate in an equitable and coherent manner ... now if it comes to light that there are subjective perceptions of actions or comments, then the next logical step is open and candid assessment, used to find intent.   Now, if it comes to light that there was no malign or subversive intent, then it, IMHO, becomes an situation for "good faith" awareness and possible adjustment for personal sensitivities ... Note, that it is particularly difficult to 'banter' in casual conversation mode ... with only typed text and links ... IIRC, various studies have shown that 'standard' 'face to face' conversational transfer of information usually amounts to an effective fraction of the information intended.

 

Now, consider a line of text from someone hundreds if not thousands of miles away, with possibly a different cultural orientation, state of mind, vocabulary, and facility in the language of forum choice?   Really, when I think of it, I am surprised, we don't have more internet generated wars ... :izmena: :izmena: :izmena: :izmena:     :D

 

 

 

maybe we need a generational translator also ? :)

stalkervision #10192 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 47860 battles
  • 7,460
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View PostGoldMountain, on Jul 17 2017 - 16:13, said:

 

SS was banned because of his affiliation with Armoured Warfare and him posting stuff about the game on these forums.

No other real reason to be honest.

 

Ya, maybe Rita has a bit more fill in to that story as it seems mighty thin IMO..Just saying. :)

KilljoyCutter #10193 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 22,781
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

Dai, post some food pictures or AH. 

 

Or someone post their alternate tank tree for a country.

 

Or maybe some pictures of a static tank display at some museum. 

 

Maybe I can find the latest on Stupid Watergate and post that. 

 

Anything but this slow-motion trainwreck I can only see half of...

 

 

 

 



stalkervision #10194 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 47860 battles
  • 7,460
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013
Just asking why do so many of you people always have to extrude so much self created drama here?  Rita is right, can't we just get along? Yes, I'm a possible/probable nut job for questioning the moon landings I know but can't you humor me a bit? I'm old and lost most of my marbles already. What does Jingles say in his videos? "Why you have to be so mad.." :)

Daigensui #10195 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 23829 battles
  • 28,841
  • [KANCO] KANCO
  • Member since:
    11-09-2012

View PostChairmanMilo, on Jul 17 2017 - 12:47, said:

Why not put him on your ignore list?  I think Rita may be the only other one in the thread that has not.

 

I don't use ignore on principle.



Kenshin2kx #10196 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:38

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 14900 battles
  • 4,057
  • Member since:
    07-20-2014
So far, I don't have anyone on WoT Ignore ...   I'd rather see the good and the bad in its totality (for forum exchanges) ... then in extreme circumstances, a 'mental' ignore ... 

DerViktim #10197 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 18154 battles
  • 5,579
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2011

View PostMajorOffensive, on Jul 17 2017 - 16:05, said:

 

That's barely a slap on the wrist in cases where a human life was inappropriately taken.

 

 

Oh, I completely agree with you. I was mainly making the point that the police department didn't cover the guy as was implied.



Starne #10198 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 7501 battles
  • 5,252
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    01-31-2011

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Jul 17 2017 - 16:29, said:

Dai, post some food pictures or AH. 

 

Or someone post their alternate tank tree for a country.

 

Or maybe some pictures of a static tank display at some museum. 

 

Maybe I can find the latest on Stupid Watergate and post that. 

 

Anything but this slow-motion trainwreck I can only see half of...

 

 

Here, have some "What the fu-" news-ish stuff.

 

British surgeons remove a "bluish foreign body" from a 67 year-old woman's eye during a routine cataract surgery. The foreign body turns out to be a mass of 17 contact lenses stuck together with mucus. A further 10 contact lenses were removed from the woman's eye separately. The woman claims she did not feel any discomfort beyond what she thought to be age-related issues before the lenses were removed, but says she feels much better now. Experts say that individual contact lenses becoming lost by being stuck under the upper or lower eyelid is not unusual, but such lost lenses usually work their way out.

 

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-40630852
 


Edited by Starne, Jul 17 2017 - 22:49.


stalkervision #10199 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 47860 battles
  • 7,460
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

Posting this cause we got a belly whopper of rain coming down. :amazed:

 



Daigensui #10200 Posted Jul 17 2017 - 22:48

    Major

  • Players
  • 23829 battles
  • 28,841
  • [KANCO] KANCO
  • Member since:
    11-09-2012

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Jul 17 2017 - 14:29, said:

Dai, post some food pictures or AH. 

 

How time has changed from when we were at each other's throat.

 

SLP6uBrh.jpg

 

Was working out Diamond Dynasty's cuisine (Image unrelated)






36 user(s) are reading this topic

7 members, 27 guests, 2 anonymous users


    Avalon304, Starne, Taiho, Legiondude, The_Chieftain, ChairmanMilo, Misfire42