• Please log in to reply
19633 replies to this topic

RitaGamer #14421 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 18:19

Major

• Players
  • 2729 battles
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY

View Poststalkervision, on Sep 11 2017 - 23:09, said:

I would say "oh Rita,what do you get yourself into ?" but I do the very same things. :facepalm:

Oh, if you knew...  I tend to attract trouble like a kid making a human croquette on beach sand.

View PostGoldMountain, on Sep 12 2017 - 12:31, said:

Oh I know about the historian, but it was when we were getting some dinner in the pub that you started eyeing up those getting their pregame on for the Saturday night :D

You couldn't have been more obvious if you tried, though there are some very wonderfull ladies in and around Tonbridge.

The T23 was an absolute abomination.

I had over 270 games in it, and I hated every single moment. The 90mm M3 barely had enough penetration to get through the T-44's armour at close range, and any hopes of doing reliable damage in a tier 9+ was hopeless. 

It would have been bearable to play if it did not have an ammo rack that covered half the tanks profile from all directions and was weak enough in hitpoints to be one shot by 122mm guns. 

Though I suffered playing that tank, it taught me very valuable lessons in being an effective team player while exposing yourself as minimally as possible to enemy fire.

The tank was only good when firing premium ammo non stop.

Ohhh yes yes! I remember now! 

I dont remember the girl's face but I definitely remember an as.s in some jeans.

You mean the ones that were dressed like if they were going for a horse race? Nah... that's not what I was looking at them about. I was looking mostly at their bad choice of footwear, it's impossible they would keep those heels all night. By what I've seen in this country I'm pretty sure they ended up walking home with their feet wrapped in a takeaway Mcdonalds bag. lol

Plus when I see women so Barbie dressed I tend to lose my interest like that, I see high maintenance insecure crazed women instead and it's a no-go zone. No matter how desperate.

Talking about alcohol and standing on heels, although at most of the parties I just wear my combat boots, at the 1940s balls I do require some dressing up, by their looks, it's probably the only time the guys are reminded that I am a woman. lol :teethhappy:

I still drink as much as I would on other parties although I know when to stop. Thing is the guys make sure my cup never stays empty so it's really easy to overdo oneself, if I see most of their cups are starting to get empty I do make a run and get beers for everyone too. I can walk very nicely on heels all night long but more often than not, once we get kicked out of the pub or show party we can't drive so we walk back in some really bad illuminated areas which is dangerous for my ankles, I always try to take the heels off and walk alongside the guys.

First time I took them off one of them made everyone stop and look back&down to look tiny I was without shoes...

Spoiler

I'm not much heavier than the rucksacks they used to pack anyway. They always carry me back bc they don't want my feet touching the ground. They don't want me to get sick or hurt. Bless.

Not to speak that they almost force down water on me after the parties when everyone is bantering by the fire and the thought the next day. 

I also get carried or walked back to my camp by one of them. 

Do you want to camp next year at War and Peace with the Friends of the Tank Museum men? After meeting them properly bc I'm always rushing around the museum and never get the time to share many words they have insisted with their invitation. I do have another one or 2 friendly groups we can camp up with at there but the FotTM seem like a safe bet.

It's probably the one show I won't be busy or simply abandon you (without meaning it) while on wild tipsy shenanigans.

Daigensui #14422 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 18:25

Major

• Players
  • 27300 battles
  • [KANCO] KANCO

VK 30.01 (H) Domination

mkQk3gx.jpg

Too many people underestimate this little thing.

PrimarchRogalDorn #14423 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 20:06

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 25 battles
Thinking on attempting SE4 on Authentic Plus difficulty (2 levels above hard)

And that's a big no, as there's no HUD or aim assist

Edited by PrimarchRogalDorn, Sep 12 2017 - 20:45.

RitaGamer #14424 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 20:13

Major

• Players
  • 2729 battles
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY

Because of stuff and thangs I kept delaying the ribs...

But no longer!

This is me atm:

godofdun #14425 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 20:14

Major

• Players
  • 12637 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostKenshin2kx, on Sep 12 2017 - 10:14, said:

Hmmmmm ... tempting ... in the market for a medium and the American Line has had those up tier buffs, but sigh, I've spent most of my crew building time building up the Russian tree ... how do the American mediums stack up to the competition ...particularly their cold war adversary  the Russians?

The Pershing has nothing much going for it, but two above seem to be a bit on the better side. Probably depends on how much you need Dat Gun Depression.

View PostRitaGamer, on Sep 12 2017 - 10:19, said:

Oh, if you knew...  I tend to attract trouble like a kid making a human croquette on beach sand.

I dont remember the girl's face but I definitely remember an as.s in some jeans.

I wonder if this contributes to how much trouble you get in :P

Then again as an as.s man I'm just as bad.

Edited by godofdun, Sep 12 2017 - 20:22.

GoldMountain #14426 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 20:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 41 battles

View PostRitaGamer, on Sep 12 2017 - 17:19, said:

You mean the ones that were dressed like if they were going for a horse race? Nah... that's not what I was looking at them about. I was looking mostly at their bad choice of footwear, it's impossible they would keep those heels all night. By what I've seen in this country I'm pretty sure they ended up walking home with their feet wrapped in a takeaway Mcdonalds bag. lol

Plus when I see women so Barbie dressed I tend to lose my interest like that, I see high maintenance insecure crazed women instead and it's a no-go zone. No matter how desperate.

Talking about alcohol and standing on heels, although at most of the parties I just wear my combat boots, at the 1940s balls I do require some dressing up, by their looks, it's probably the only time the guys are reminded that I am a woman. lol :teethhappy:

I still drink as much as I would on other parties although I know when to stop. Thing is the guys make sure my cup never stays empty so it's really easy to overdo oneself, if I see most of their cups are starting to get empty I do make a run and get beers for everyone too. I can walk very nicely on heels all night long but more often than not, once we get kicked out of the pub or show party we can't drive so we walk back in some really bad illuminated areas which is dangerous for my ankles, I always try to take the heels off and walk alongside the guys.

First time I took them off one of them made everyone stop and look back&down to look tiny I was without shoes...

Spoiler

I'm not much heavier than the rucksacks they used to pack anyway. They always carry me back bc they don't want my feet touching the ground. They don't want me to get sick or hurt. Bless.

Not to speak that they almost force down water on me after the parties when everyone is bantering by the fire and the thought the next day. 

I also get carried or walked back to my camp by one of them. 

Do you want to camp next year at War and Peace with the Friends of the Tank Museum men? After meeting them properly bc I'm always rushing around the museum and never get the time to share many words they have insisted with their invitation. I do have another one or 2 friendly groups we can camp up with at there but the FotTM seem like a safe bet.

It's probably the one show I won't be busy or simply abandon you (without meaning it) while on wild tipsy shenanigans.

Nah, it wasn't that bunch of urban crawlers...

Noticed your eyes lock onto a much younger, blonde girl in tight jeans and a skinny white-ish top. She walked right past our table. Not even kidding, you stopped mid sentence and just stared for a good 3 seconds before I then had to check out who you were looking at.

I'd absolutely be down for camping, I can definitely make the time to do it next year. Gives me bit more prep time than our last visit... lol. That was actually pretty bad looking back on it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the part where you got wet. And you are seriously underestimating the RAF's vigour for tipsy shenanigans... I think we can save that for another time, sooner or later, it's still a fair amount of time till the next one. Would be nice to at least try and meet up with you before you start school again.

View PostOnyx, on Sep 12 2017 - 13:19, said:

People called the tier 9 T34 an abomination.  I guess I just really knew how to make abominations sing.  Both of those tanks have one thing in common:  they really shine when you employ them in the roll of "Hammer" to some other tank's "Anvil."  And knowing how to get around the map and attack from unexpected angles was a core requirement for playing it well.

My experiences on the tank are what allowed me to be so stupidly good on the T34 back when everyone thought it was a garbage tank, and those expectations made it especially easy to punish people for ignoring it so casually.  I carried many a game in that tank, oh how I miss that beast.

Don't get me wrong, the T23's gun was an abomination against common decency of tank balance, but I still have fond memories simply piloting it.  It was a Ferrari amongst commoner tanks, and if you knew how to draw out its strengths, it truly was a beauty to behold.

Actually, my T23 stats still persist in my M26 stats, which I never played in.  I did pretty well for playing mostly solo at an early time in my WoT career, at 56% win rate and 1335 damage per battle.  It was definitely underpowered but I would have taken upgunning the T23 instead of dropping the M26 on it.  The T23 was just that fun to drive.  Well, before physics confused driving.

I was in exactly the same boat. The T34 was beyond underestimated. You could decimate people who had no idea what a huge punch you really had with the best DPM of any tier 9 heavy tank. Good positioning with the 10 degrees of gun depression went a veyr long way into making an [edited]of people who thought you were easy pickings.

I was the same with the T23, good win rate but I had tier 6 tanks with better damage/battle than it.

There are just some things about the early life of the game that really get my nostalgia feels in gear. the T23 was essentially the first high tier light tank, it just had medium tank teething problems.

Edited by GoldMountain, Sep 12 2017 - 20:42.

Tjtod #14427 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 20:46

Captain

• Players
  • 6540 battles

View PostRitaGamer, on Sep 12 2017 - 15:13, said:

Because of stuff and thangs I kept delaying the ribs...

But no longer!

This is me atm:

Oh good, I'll take a half rack of ribs please.

EmpressNero #14428 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 22:30

Major

• Players
  • 11182 battles
I really miss the old T34, and to this day I maintain that the T34 should have been the tier 8 tech tree tank, with the T32 being the premium.

KilljoyCutter #14429 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 23:02

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles

View PostEmpressNero, on Sep 12 2017 - 16:30, said:

I really miss the old T34, and to this day I maintain that the T34 should have been the tier 8 tech tree tank, with the T32 being the premium.

Or the T32 could have been a bridge-tank to the medium line...

GoldMountain #14430 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 23:27

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 41 battles

View PostOnyx, on Sep 12 2017 - 02:24, said:

Sounds like the perfect kind of movie for me to have a heart attack to.  I'll give it a soft pass.

I'd assume it'd be more acceptable now considering movies have done vastly worse.

Hey it's the actor, blueberry pumpkinpatch

RitaGamer #14431 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 00:06

Major

• Players
  • 2729 battles
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY

View PostGoldMountain, on Sep 12 2017 - 19:32, said:

Nah, it wasn't that bunch of urban crawlers...

Noticed your eyes lock onto a much younger, blonde girl in tight jeans and a skinny white-ish top. She walked right past our table. Not even kidding, you stopped mid sentence and just stared for a good 3 seconds before I then had to check out who you were looking at.

I'd absolutely be down for camping, I can definitely make the time to do it next year. Gives me bit more prep time than our last visit... lol. That was actually pretty bad looking back on it, but I thoroughly enjoyed it, especially the part where you got wet. And you are seriously underestimating the RAF's vigour for tipsy shenanigans... I think we can save that for another time, sooner or later, it's still a fair amount of time till the next one. Would be nice to at least try and meet up with you before you start school again.

I was in exactly the same boat. The T34 was beyond underestimated. You could decimate people who had no idea what a huge punch you really had with the best DPM of any tier 9 heavy tank. Good positioning with the 10 degrees of gun depression went a veyr long way into making an [edited]of people who thought you were easy pickings.

I was the same with the T23, good win rate but I had tier 6 tanks with better damage/battle than it.

There are just some things about the early life of the game that really get my nostalgia feels in gear. the T23 was essentially the first high tier light tank, it just had medium tank teething problems.

I only remember an as.s. I dont remember my brain freezing like that or anything... but I do take your word for it. rofl

You probably havent heard that much whining when it started raining! ahaha

View PostTjtod, on Sep 12 2017 - 19:46, said:

Oh good, I'll take a half rack of ribs please.

Ribs for 3 persons cost me 7pounds. Thought it would be pricier...  I did buy a few spices that were lacking on my rack but the whole thing won't be more than 15 pounds.

Applied the dry rub and is staying overnight, then tomorrow will make me the proper sauce and slow cook it in the oven in foil.

Its looking good so far. :3

godofdun #14432 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 02:37

Major

• Players
  • 12637 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
Will be interesting to see if the Super Conq. will be decent, apparently supertest is out in a couple days so we'll get stats.

SpectreHD #14433 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 03:06

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • [TT] TT

View Postgodofdun, on Sep 13 2017 - 09:37, said:

Will be interesting to see if the Super Conq. will be decent, apparently supertest is out in a couple days so we'll get stats.

Won't be surprised if it it has stats very similar to the FV215b 120 especially for the gun stats and dispersion.

Mobility I am not sure if it will be the same. Depends on how much it weighs.

That said, time for me to get grinding. I think I have around 235k EXP already on my Conqueror.

Avalon304 #14434 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 03:17

Major

• Players
  • 16877 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostSpectreHD, on Sep 12 2017 - 19:06, said:

Won't be surprised if it it has stats very similar to the FV215b 120 especially for the gun stats and dispersion.

That said, time for me to get grinding. I think I have around 235k EXP already on my Conqueror.

The initial stats were worse than the 215b in pretty much every way...

SpectreHD #14435 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 03:25

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 13 2017 - 10:17, said:

The initial stats were worse than the 215b in pretty much every way...

godofdun #14436 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 03:34

Major

• Players
  • 12637 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostSpectreHD, on Sep 12 2017 - 19:06, said:

One could presume it will be slower, have less DPM, at least if they continue the theme from what they are doing with the T9 Conq

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/08/11/supertest-uk-heavy-tanks-changes/

"The British HT-9 Conqueror was used as a benchmark when changing the top branch. It’ll have significantly increased armor – making it a balanced heavy tank, one that’s able to take a punch and skillfully return it. As a trade-off, the improved armor will be balanced by a decrease in mobility and rate of fire during Supertest."

Avalon304 #14437 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 03:40

Major

• Players
  • 16877 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Postgodofdun, on Sep 12 2017 - 19:34, said:

One could presume it will be slower, have less DPM, at least if they continue the theme from what they are doing with the T9 Conq

https://thedailybounce.net/2017/08/11/supertest-uk-heavy-tanks-changes/

"The British HT-9 Conqueror was used as a benchmark when changing the top branch. It’ll have significantly increased armor – making it a balanced heavy tank, one that’s able to take a punch and skillfully return it. As a trade-off, the improved armor will be balanced by a decrease in mobility and rate of fire during Supertest."

https://thedailyboun...ish-heavy-tank/

Worse than the 215b in like every way.

godofdun #14438 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 03:44

Major

• Players
  • 12637 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 12 2017 - 19:40, said:

https://thedailyboun...ish-heavy-tank/

Worse than the 215b in like every way.

That was earlier, I'm hoping things got tweaked a bit for the next supertest.....

SpectreHD #14439 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 03:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • [TT] TT
That armour better be worth the reduction in other aspect of the tank.

Aloeus #14440 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 03:57

Captain

• Players
  • 23473 battles

View PostSpectreHD, on Sep 12 2017 - 19:49, said:

That armour better be worth the reduction in other aspect of the tank.

Heck, just moving the turret up is worth some of the loss in stats. The rear turret layout with squishy sides and a bulge at the turret makes for a terrible armor layout. 

20 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 17 guests, 2 anonymous users

Apple_Jack