Jump to content


T110's Northern Migration


  • Please log in to reply
15069 replies to this topic

Avalon304 #14441 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 04:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 16095 battles
  • 6,030
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View Postgodofdun, on Sep 12 2017 - 19:44, said:

That was earlier, I'm hoping things got tweaked a bit for the next supertest.....

 

View PostSpectreHD, on Sep 12 2017 - 19:49, said:

That armour better be worth the reduction in other aspect of the tank.

 

It wont be... because it never is.

 

View PostAloeus, on Sep 12 2017 - 19:57, said:

 

Heck, just moving the turret up is worth some of the loss in stats. The rear turret layout with squishy sides and a bulge at the turret makes for a terrible armor layout. 

 

Nah. The 215b is pretty amazing if positioned right. Super Conqueror will just be another derpy heavy.



FrozenKemp #14442 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 04:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 41592 battles
  • 3,984
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

Let's see, damage 400, aim time 1.92, accuracy 0.316...

 

What do you mean by "derpy"?  Slow? 

 

I know the 215b can be amazing if positioned JUST right but I am not good enough to play it right.  And those who have already mastered it will get to keep the tank so... 


 



Avalon304 #14443 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 04:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 16095 battles
  • 6,030
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostFrozenKemp, on Sep 12 2017 - 20:50, said:

Let's see, damage 400, aim time 1.92, accuracy 0.316...

 

What do you mean by "derpy"?  Slow? 

 

I know the 215b can be amazing if positioned JUST right but I am not good enough to play it right.  And those who have already mastered it will get to keep the tank so... 


 

 

Im expecting the handling values to be trash. (Also yes, slow fits into the derpy title EDIT: Also the loss of hull traverse speed will make engagin tanks that arent directly infront of your gun unfun). Aim time and accuracy really dont matter (each for differing reasons):

 

Aim time only matters if its above 2.5 seconds (and/or its longer than your reload time).

 

Base accuracy doesnt really start matter until youre shooting at ranges in excess of 400m. Within that range, one tank is just as accurate as another. (For instance an AMX CDC (0.32 accuracy) is only 10% more accurate than a KV-1 with the derp (0.51 accuracy).

 

What really matters are the 3 handling values, and while we dont have those yet, I fully expect Murazor to Murazor all over them and make them garbage because the tank has "armor" (which most people will press 2 to pen).


Edited by Avalon304, Sep 13 2017 - 05:14.


Aloeus #14444 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 05:57

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 23077 battles
  • 988
  • Member since:
    02-25-2012

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 12 2017 - 20:12, said:

 

Nah. The 215b is pretty amazing if positioned right. Super Conqueror will just be another derpy heavy.

Sigh. 

I never said the 215b was bad. I just said the armor/layout is bad. Which it is. I think the only tier 10 heavy with worse armor is the 50b. 

 

Bolded: Key word: IF. rear turret and tissue hull makes positioning a 215b very difficult, especially if there is arty. A forward turret takes a lot of that challenge away, giving the SC a lot more options on a map, which is always a massive benefit. 

 

Plus, we still get to keep the 215b foch 155 style, which means all of us who love the 215b (yes, us, I love it too). 



Jarms48 #14445 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 06:24

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 117 battles
  • 1,220
  • Member since:
    06-21-2015

New tier V? ;)

 



Avalon304 #14446 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 07:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 16095 battles
  • 6,030
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostAloeus, on Sep 12 2017 - 21:57, said:

Sigh. 

I never said the 215b was bad. I just said the armor/layout is bad. Which it is. I think the only tier 10 heavy with worse armor is the 50b. 

 

Bolded: Key word: IF. rear turret and tissue hull makes positioning a 215b very difficult, especially if there is arty. A forward turret takes a lot of that challenge away, giving the SC a lot more options on a map, which is always a massive benefit. 

 

Plus, we still get to keep the 215b foch 155 style, which means all of us who love the 215b (yes, us, I love it too). 

 

The problem is were removing a tank that requires actual knowledge and replacing it with a tank that you can derp around in and probably do ok in. Im not a fan of the continued dumbing down of this game. Heavies are getting armor that can only be described as "bad for the game" and mediums are following suit all becoming pretty much the same tank with different visuals. Conversely, Im a big fan of being made to learn the tanks you want to play, (And I still dont know how to position a 215b properly most of the time). It doesnt matter that I get to keep the 215b, it matters because no one else gets the chance to play a unique tank that has its own set of strengths and weaknesses. Instead they get a tier 9+ instead of a true tier 10 tank. 

 

The continued homogenization of the entire game is bad. The loss of the 215b is one more step down that road. The armor buffs to the Pattons were another. The armor buffs (should they actually happen) will be another.

 

I was listening to Paul Barnett and Murazor talk during one of the GamesCom live streams... and everything they said made me want to slap them. I get wanting the lines to have a theme from tier 8 to 10, but every theme is becoming "lol armor". Hearing them say (and Im paraphrasing here): "The T-54 needed a buff to its turret because it was old and couldnt do well in the game now" was so incredibly stupid, because the T-54 did fine in the game. They, the both of them, are going to be responsible for this game taking less and less actual, mechanical, skill. Its annoying, and its tiring to see the hordes of morons gleefully cheer for unneeded buffs, when they could just learn how to mitigate the things which were buffed.



Aloeus #14447 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 07:44

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 23077 battles
  • 988
  • Member since:
    02-25-2012

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 12 2017 - 23:07, said:

 

The problem is were removing a tank that requires actual knowledge and replacing it with a tank that you can derp around in and probably do ok in. Im not a fan of the continued dumbing down of this game. Heavies are getting armor that can only be described as "bad for the game" and mediums are following suit all becoming pretty much the same tank with different visuals. Conversely, Im a big fan of being made to learn the tanks you want to play, (And I still dont know how to position a 215b properly most of the time). It doesnt matter that I get to keep the 215b, it matters because no one else gets the chance to play a unique tank that has its own set of strengths and weaknesses. Instead they get a tier 9+ instead of a true tier 10 tank. 

 

The continued homogenization of the entire game is bad. The loss of the 215b is one more step down that road. The armor buffs to the Pattons were another. The armor buffs (should they actually happen) will be another.

 

I was listening to Paul Barnett and Murazor talk during one of the GamesCom live streams... and everything they said made me want to slap them. I get wanting the lines to have a theme from tier 8 to 10, but every theme is becoming "lol armor". Hearing them say (and Im paraphrasing here): "The T-54 needed a buff to its turret because it was old and couldnt do well in the game now" was so incredibly stupid, because the T-54 did fine in the game. They, the both of them, are going to be responsible for this game taking less and less actual, mechanical, skill. Its annoying, and its tiring to see the hordes of morons gleefully cheer for unneeded buffs, when they could just learn how to mitigate the things which were buffed.

I almost entirely agree with you. I personally don't mind seeing the 215b go because its replacement was planned back in the era of "we should try to be more historically accurate." Even if that era long gone it still feels good to see a fake tank go. We have yet to see the final form of the GC, but based on it and the conq changes, It does feel like a dumbing down- or as you put it a homogenization- of the tanks. I like the SC in concept (its more historical and not as much a change in playstyle) but I'm not sure I like their implementation. Theoretically though if the chieftain ever ever ever gets put it it should be more of a successor to the 215b than the SC( squishy hull, amazing gun, goodish turret).

 

I really hate the regular Conq change. 

 

I'm going to bed now, I'm way to tired to put all of my thoughts about this in writing. Heck, I didn't even finish my last post :facepalm:



Avalon304 #14448 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 07:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 16095 battles
  • 6,030
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostAloeus, on Sep 12 2017 - 23:44, said:

I almost entirely agree with you. I personally don't mind seeing the 215b go because its replacement was planned back in the era of "we should try to be more historically accurate." Even if that era long gone it still feels good to see a fake tank go. We have yet to see the final form of the GC, but based on it and the conq changes, It does feel like a dumbing down- or as you put it a homogenization- of the tanks. I like the SC in concept (its more historical and not as much a change in playstyle) but I'm not sure I like their implementation. Theoretically though if the chieftain ever ever ever gets put it it should be more of a successor to the 215b than the SC( squishy hull, amazing gun, goodish turret).

 

I really hate the regular Conq change. 

 

I'm going to bed now, I'm way to tired to put all of my thoughts about this in writing. Heck, I didn't even finish my last post :facepalm:

 

Im at the point where I want to see the Chieftain put at a branch from the Mk. 1 Centurion, and reclassified a medium. That wayt he Cents can retain their support role, and not need armor buffs and the people who want a hull down tank can go to the Chieftain from there....

 

 

~~~

 

Is that a wild Razven I seen in that New Orleans... oh... most unfortunate, Razven you found a Flamu...

 



RitaGamer #14449 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 08:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 2729 battles
  • 2,939
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY
  • Member since:
    10-04-2013

Waiting for WoT to load garage...

 

I swear it takes more and more time as patches go.



SpectreHD #14450 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 11:10

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16309 battles
  • 15,434
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 13 2017 - 14:57, said:

 

Im at the point where I want to see the Chieftain put at a branch from the Mk. 1 Centurion, and reclassified a medium. That wayt he Cents can retain their support role, and not need armor buffs and the people who want a hull down tank can go to the Chieftain from there....

 

 

~~~

 

Is that a wild Razven I seen in that New Orleans... oh... most unfortunate, Razven you found a Flamu...

 

 

Yeah. Too bad USN cruisers are [edited]. Their guns aren't anything special and they don't have torps.

RitaGamer #14451 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 11:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 2729 battles
  • 2,939
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY
  • Member since:
    10-04-2013

Rainin, pissin, floodin, you feckin name it!



stalkervision #14452 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 11:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 49329 battles
  • 7,685
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View PostRitaGamer, on Sep 13 2017 - 02:06, said:

Waiting for WoT to load garage...

 

I swear it takes more and more time as patches go.

 

I think it's time you stop dieting ! Start eating some food for pete's sakes ! :ohmy::teethhappy:

Onyx #14453 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 11:44

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 7303 battles
  • 3,324
  • Member since:
    09-28-2010

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 12 2017 - 22:57, said:

 

Im at the point where I want to see the Chieftain put at a branch from the Mk. 1 Centurion, and reclassified a medium. That wayt he Cents can retain their support role, and not need armor buffs and the people who want a hull down tank can go to the Chieftain from there....

 

 

~~~

 

Is that a wild Razven I seen in that New Orleans... oh... most unfortunate, Razven you found a Flamu...

 

 

One of these days I want to get into WoWS, but I just refuse to play it solo.  I've long since stopped enjoying queueing for PVP arena games by myself, and that's the sole reason I look at Zergling playing a certain mech game and go "lolno" to his persistent insistence that I come back to it.  The fun of those games is playing with friends.

FrozenKemp #14454 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 12:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 41592 battles
  • 3,984
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011
Well the SC will be some kind of minimal competence test, then.   I expect the SC to have all the same gun handling as the Conqueror.  If I'm wrong, that'll say something very negative. 

RitaGamer #14455 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 12:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 2729 battles
  • 2,939
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY
  • Member since:
    10-04-2013

Can't stop listening to this today! Love Creole ...

I can, in fact, talk fluently Cape Verdian creole. Its a beautiful strain of Portuguese.



stalkervision #14456 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 13:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 49329 battles
  • 7,685
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

God I have to wake up. 8:14 in the am. :(  Love this song

 



KilljoyCutter #14457 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 14:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 23,169
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

Why the name change to "Cabo Verde"?

 

 



FrozenKemp #14458 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 14:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 41592 battles
  • 3,984
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011
The idea of camping at the Tank Museum for Tank Fest sounds awesome.  I wonder what English campgrounds are like.  Do they have staff serving tea? :P

RitaGamer #14459 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 15:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 2729 battles
  • 2,939
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY
  • Member since:
    10-04-2013

View PostFrozenKemp, on Sep 13 2017 - 13:28, said:

The idea of camping at the Tank Museum for Tank Fest sounds awesome.  I wonder what English campgrounds are like.  Do they have staff serving tea? :P

 

I already feel for you...

 

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Sep 13 2017 - 13:25, said:

Why the name change to "Cabo Verde"?

 

 

 

Because it's a pain to translate it believing or not. Cabo Verde is the original, in Portuguese name that we baptised them with.

Its stupid to call it "Cape" and then "Verde". its 2 different languages in one name pretty much.

 

The cape name that we change, however, is the "Cape of Good Hope". We used to call it the "Cape of Torments" until Vasco da Gama managed to find his way and round it.

 

Another thing, unsure if I have told it here but I recently learned that Royal Navy's Navigators are nicknamed Vasco after the Portuguese navigator and explorer. That's is sweet.



EmpressNero #14460 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 15:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 10720 battles
  • 11,157
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

Guess where I am.

 






31 user(s) are reading this topic

12 members, 19 guests, 0 anonymous users


    Avalon304, Starne, Apache1990, godofdun, LittleJoeRambler, MajorOffensive, ChairmanMilo, Taiho, Guy4123, akh101, Tishler, avenue94