Jump to content


T110's Northern Migration


  • Please log in to reply
17162 replies to this topic

KilljoyCutter #14701 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 01:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 23,278
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

So this weekend has been major in WoWS. 

 

Tacked on about 12 million credits and 50k "free" XP. 

 

E:  also got 41 aircraft kills with the Roon, making it my #3 non-carrier total, behind the Cleveland at 51 and the Yorck at 43. 


Edited by KilljoyCutter, Sep 18 2017 - 02:02.


Aloeus #14702 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 01:59

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23392 battles
  • 1,015
  • Member since:
    02-25-2012

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Sep 17 2017 - 17:29, said:

So this weekend has been major in WoWS. 

 

Tacked on about 12 million credits and 50k "free" XP. 

 

 

 

sadly I just don't have the patience for anything more than first wins in wows right now, and the Iron Duke is a pretty poor tier 5 ship. Managed to get it out of stock and put 8k xp on it in a few battles at least. 

KilljoyCutter #14703 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 02:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 23,278
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View PostAloeus, on Sep 17 2017 - 19:59, said:

 

sadly I just don't have the patience for anything more than first wins in wows right now, and the Iron Duke is a pretty poor tier 5 ship. Managed to get it out of stock and put 8k xp on it in a few battles at least. 

 

That wasn't much more than first wins, I just have a lot of ships, and used a lot of the free camo and signals they gave out. 

 



FrozenKemp #14704 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 02:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 42160 battles
  • 4,291
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostTheUDF, on Sep 17 2017 - 19:25, said:

As an aside, my faithful HDD has suddenly decided it wanted to do its best Dodo impression and I'm now my pc's kaput. What're all your opinions on upgrading to a 525GB SSD for $150? I'm kinda on the fence since I've found a 1TB HDD for only ~$50.

 

Oh no, not you too!  Mine went this weekend as well.

 

Don't know what to say about the hard drives.  I splurged and got a small SSD drive for booting and Windows on my PC and had a 2TB as storage, and that's what died.  Uh... do you have $100 to throw around?  Do you really want your computer to boot faster?  Then get the SSD.  Do you have a better use for $100?  (Like, I don't know, a cool tank book you told yourself was too expensive to buy?)  Then don't. :) 



FrozenKemp #14705 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 02:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 42160 battles
  • 4,291
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

Random note:  I was having a lot more fun just playing my Churchill type heavy tanks than I am trying to get SPG-15-3 done.  I feel like NOT ONLY are the mission conditions in competition with each other (you have to get a lot of assist damage, which means you can't knock TOO many hit points off of enemy vehicles because you need your allies to shoot those tanks after you hit them, but that goes against getting XP by doing damage to them) but it's also goes against the grain of TRYING TO WIN THE BATTLE.

 

I am very happy to use my artillery to eliminate enemy tanks so they can no longer shoot.  But this mission encourages me NOT to fire on those targets.

 

Stupid mission. 



Aloeus #14706 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 02:14

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23392 battles
  • 1,015
  • Member since:
    02-25-2012

View PostFrozenKemp, on Sep 17 2017 - 18:09, said:

Random note:  I was having a lot more fun just playing my Churchill type heavy tanks than I am trying to get SPG-15-3 done.  I feel like NOT ONLY are the mission conditions in competition with each other (you have to get a lot of assist damage, which means you can't knock TOO many hit points off of enemy vehicles because you need your allies to shoot those tanks after you hit them, but that goes against getting XP by doing damage to them) but it's also goes against the grain of TRYING TO WIN THE BATTLE.

 

I am very happy to use my artillery to eliminate enemy tanks so they can no longer shoot.  But this mission encourages me NOT to fire on those targets.

 

Stupid mission. 

 

Probably half or more of the missions in the game make you play in a way that is counter to winning. Dumb missions are dumb. 

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Sep 17 2017 - 18:03, said:

 

That wasn't much more than first wins, I just have a lot of ships, and used a lot of the free camo and signals they gave out. 

 

 

Yea, I was playing only one ship. I don't really care for anything but battleships and I have finished the other bb lines a long time ago. 

Life_In_Black #14707 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 02:38

    Major

  • Players
  • 24342 battles
  • 10,837
  • [KGS] KGS
  • Member since:
    10-29-2011
That reminds me, there are several books on Israeli armor I need to acquire. I'm sorely tempted to acquire at least one of them now, despite it costing about half of what I have left in the bank.

C_Menz #14708 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 02:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 20443 battles
  • 2,678
  • [VAN] VAN
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011
I gave up with spg-15-3 and instead completed the others with honors. With tier10 lights lt-15-3 is much easier now.

TheUDF #14709 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 02:58

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 8111 battles
  • 1,534
  • Member since:
    07-19-2010

View PostFrozenKemp, on Sep 17 2017 - 17:06, said:

 

Oh no, not you too!  Mine went this weekend as well.

 

Don't know what to say about the hard drives.  I splurged and got a small SSD drive for booting and Windows on my PC and had a 2TB as storage, and that's what died.  Uh... do you have $100 to throw around?  Do you really want your computer to boot faster?  Then get the SSD.  Do you have a better use for $100?  (Like, I don't know, a cool tank book you told yourself was too expensive to buy?)  Then don't. :) 

 

Gah...I know! But think of the drastically decreased load times! As it is, I'm somewhat drooling over the 1TB storage for so cheap.

Edited by TheUDF, Sep 18 2017 - 02:58.


Avalon304 #14710 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 02:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 16563 battles
  • 6,263
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostTheUDF, on Sep 17 2017 - 17:25, said:

Curses! Oh well...I guess I'll try to catch it some other time.

 

As an aside, my faithful HDD has suddenly decided it wanted to do its best Dodo impression and I'm now my pc's kaput. What're all your opinions on upgrading to a 525GB SSD for $150? I'm kinda on the fence since I've found a 1TB HDD for only ~$50.

 

Honestly... that sounds like a pretty good deal, considering Im looking at a 250GB SSD for $90. But if you can swing it and you have enough SATA ports, get both.

The_Chieftain #14711 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 03:06

    Military Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 10022 battles
  • 9,554
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

View PostThatTrafficCone, on Sep 17 2017 - 17:57, said:

 

Oh yeah, there are definitely problems with it that I'm well aware of. I'm not particularly happy about the T162 Concept and its immediate predecessors, for instance. But this is simply a what-if that aims to cram as many tanks into the game as possible, in a way that both respects the tanks being represented and minds that this is in fact a video game, and I think I've been able to reasonably achieve that. I just need to keep writing articles there to explain my points.

 

I think you may have to sacrifice some numbers of vehicles to allow for 'same vehicle research'. For example, you have M53 and M55 as separate tiers. OK, I understand that on the face of it, one is an 8" gun, one is a 6" gun. But is the difference in capability really worth a tier given they both fit in at IX right now? The current M46 turret upgrade is M47, what is the M46 or M47 upgrade path in this tech tree? One can make the same comment with the M36 and M36B1, or especially T53 and T53E1. Outside of, say, HP, what about T53E1 makes it worth a full tier higher than T53?

 

View PostLife_In_Black, on Sep 17 2017 - 19:06, said:

 

Yeah, I might do that then. It's been a while. I still don't like the fact that MeatheadMilitia acknowledged this guy's tree, even though The_Chieftain completely ignored the number of us from this thread (myself, Super_Noodle, CK16, and others who have been advocating this sort of thing for years now. No wonder the NA community is dying off.

In fairness, what does his acknowledgement do? There is very little in TrafficCone's tree which we haven't already looked at, tried to send up to Minsk, or in some cases, planned to implement, built the 3D model, and then scrapped it. I don't know why Meathead singled out TrafficCone's tree for comment. Doesn't mean it's any more likely to gain traction than trees put forward by LiB, CK, myself, or anyone else.



ThatTrafficCone #14712 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 03:25

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 32063 battles
  • 95
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    06-11-2011

View PostThe_Chieftain, on Sep 17 2017 - 19:06, said:

 

I think you may have to sacrifice some numbers of vehicles to allow for 'same vehicle research'. For example, you have M53 and M55 as separate tiers. OK, I understand that on the face of it, one is an 8" gun, one is a 6" gun. But is the difference in capability really worth a tier given they both fit in at IX right now? The current M46 turret upgrade is M47, what is the M46 or M47 upgrade path in this tech tree? One can make the same comment with the M36 and M36B1, or especially T53 and T53E1. Outside of, say, HP, what about T53E1 makes it worth a full tier higher than T53?

 

In fairness, what does his acknowledgement do? There is very little in TrafficCone's tree which we haven't already looked at, tried to send up to Minsk, or in some cases, planned to implement, built the 3D model, and then scrapped it. I don't know why Meathead singled out TrafficCone's tree for comment. Doesn't mean it's any more likely to gain traction than trees put forward by LiB, CK, myself, or anyone else.

 

I really do need to write more to explain my points, so for the time being I'd like to avoid going too in depth.  But for some of those examples, I do try to take into account for alternate hulls (which as far as I'm aware has been shelved, so my tree is probably less likely than most). The separation for the M53/M55 is mostly to give the M55 the M55E1 as an alternate hull. The T53 and T53E1 both have variations with shielded enclosures, which I figure could boost the tanks' health in exchange for making them bigger targets.

 

And I'm not sure why Meathead wanted to single me out either. That's a question better directed at him.



SpectreHD #14713 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 03:28

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • 15,577
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View PostLife_In_Black, on Sep 18 2017 - 03:27, said:

His weekly video. But could any of us get any kind of help or recognition despite doing this for years now? Nope, not at all.

 

That is just lame.

 

That said, we shouldn't be hard on Cone. Should take issue with WG and WGNA for their almost 0 communication for all these years. They can say they pass on feedback and what not to Minsk but with their lack of communication indicating as such, current impressions feels like they don't bloody care as the NA server continues to stagnate.

 

View PostThe_Chieftain, on Sep 18 2017 - 10:06, said:

Doesn't mean it's any more likely to gain traction than trees put forward by LiB, CK, myself, or anyone else.

 

It would be what the community would know and think of first if they use official WG channels for their info. It is about what information gets spread and if it is from an official WG source, it would be like official support.

 

You may not see anything ever happening or any significance of it at all because you know the internal workings of WG, as disappointing as it is even for your own suggestions, but for the rest of the playerbase who may not know better, the spread of information and ideas in such a manner do have a significant effect on people as it gives suggestions more weight.


Edited by SpectreHD, Sep 18 2017 - 04:01.


_Jayzilla #14714 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 03:37

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 28150 battles
  • 1,193
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    09-05-2010

Oh god SpectreHD, you are I have seven years in this game :facepalm:

 

 



SpectreHD #14715 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 03:42

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • 15,577
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View Post_Jayzilla, on Sep 18 2017 - 10:37, said:

Oh god SpectreHD, you are I have seven years in this game :facepalm:

 

I know, right? I have stuck with this game far longer than I did with Navyfield. At least I got some Tier 8 prems and a Type 59 for free as pseudo rewards for my long time here. Not exactly free to be technical since I did have to win them through creative contests.

 

So to trigger myself, 7 years and NO DAMN M60A1. To be fair, maybe 5 years (or is it 4? Can't remember) with no M60A1 since the stupid decision to make the M60 a CW reward.


Edited by SpectreHD, Sep 18 2017 - 04:00.


Jarms48 #14716 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 04:08

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 117 battles
  • 1,256
  • Member since:
    06-21-2015
Man, I started a can of worms by sharing Cone's website and tree apparently. The ironic thing is I found it by accident, was searching for vehicles in google images and found some of the images he posted on his blog that way. Didn't even know Meathead mentioned it. 

Edited by Jarms48, Sep 18 2017 - 04:09.


Daigensui #14717 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 04:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 26463 battles
  • 29,279
  • [KANCO] KANCO
  • Member since:
    11-09-2012
Who cares about Meathead in the context of tree development? I mean, sure, he's a cool guy with events and stuff (he is the one that send me my Kanoen), but do we really need to complain about lack of communication when we know it is someone in the lair under the Minsk HQ who does whatever he wants?

_Jayzilla #14718 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 04:26

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 28150 battles
  • 1,193
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    09-05-2010
Going from the high velocity rounds from the Srtv 103b to the playing with the Tortoise is not wise.

MajorOffensive #14719 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 04:29

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25860 battles
  • 2,574
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
  • Member since:
    09-04-2010

View PostShrike58, on Sep 17 2017 - 07:41, said:

As for T 55A personal missions kicking my butt right now the one I'm most aggravated by is the block triple your damage and do 2k damage in a heavy; this is almost worse than the terminal mission for scouts.

 

The medium, heavy, and TD missions have all been pretty easy for me.  I gradually do the light missions, but I don't play them much.  I'm stuck on one SPG mission, though, because it's almost impossible to do 2500 stun assist and be top on experience.  But then, I'm no Tedster.

 

View PostTheUDF, on Sep 17 2017 - 19:25, said:

Curses! Oh well...I guess I'll try to catch it some other time.

 

As an aside, my faithful HDD has suddenly decided it wanted to do its best Dodo impression and I'm now my pc's kaput. What're all your opinions on upgrading to a 525GB SSD for $150? I'm kinda on the fence since I've found a 1TB HDD for only ~$50.

 

Doesn't seem like a bad SSD price, but long term I would think you will need more storage.  If you can't do both now, you can always add a 2TB later.  I'm a proponent of the SSD boot drive with a conventional HDD mass storage solution as well as some others.  Just makes sense when the performance for mass storage items isn't as critical.



SpectreHD #14720 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 05:10

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • 15,577
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View PostDaigensui, on Sep 18 2017 - 11:17, said:

Who cares about Meathead in the context of tree development? I mean, sure, he's a cool guy with events and stuff (he is the one that send me my Kanoen), but do we really need to complain about lack of communication when we know it is someone in the lair under the Minsk HQ who does whatever he wants?

 

It is not about Meathead. It is about him showcasing something that people have been doing years prior. Even an actual CC (Super_Noodle) wasn't mentioned for this but somehow another more complicated tree was mentioned when more simplified trees made under the constraints you mentioned like downtiering vehicles being a put off for Minsk.

 

By mentioning this tree, it gives the impression to the community that this tree is better than other proposals.

 

That said, yes, with the very special balancer Murazor, things just keep getting worse and worse.






30 user(s) are reading this topic

11 members, 18 guests, 1 anonymous users


    EmpressNero, RitaGamer, Tjtod, The_Chieftain, SpectreHD, akh101, cipher12, Avalon304, MajorOffensive, nasfan, LordCommanderMilitant