Jump to content


T110's Northern Migration


  • Please log in to reply
19520 replies to this topic

RitaGamer #16501 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 05:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 2729 battles
  • 3,292
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY
  • Member since:
    10-04-2013

We eventually changed the planes colour. Our pilots noticed that white clouds attracted the Strela-2M. That missile really turned things around for the guinea, the pilots would avoid it by using what they called "the start of the bullfight" maneuvers. The pilots could also see the trace of the missile and would go after those firing them.

 

Because of the Strela, the Guinean started celebrating that the PT  planes no longer flew so the pilots would razor fly by the Guinean  homes to show them wrong up close until Spinola, the Portuguese general forbid them. 



Zergling #16502 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 05:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 16721 battles
  • 7,703
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011

View Postgodofdun, on Oct 13 2017 - 06:36, said:

So....that star wars trailer, does anyone else already hate porgs?

 

 

Porgs

 



Daigensui #16503 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 05:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 27279 battles
  • 29,492
  • [KANCO] KANCO
  • Member since:
    11-09-2012
I need such cuteness to alleviate that barking of the black dog.

SpectreHD #16504 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 05:52

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • 15,809
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View Postsaru_richard, on Oct 13 2017 - 07:52, said:

it will be nice to get on sandbox.... if it weren't for the fact i still can't reset my [edited]password despite pressing the damn button, checking email address spelling, and spam filter multiple times....

 

 

(sorry for this vent but i was hoping i would have to deal with it again after dealing with this problem when they where testing 30 v 30)

 

Strange. My password change went without a problem. What browser are you using?

saru_richard #16505 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 06:17

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21127 battles
  • 2,113
  • [H-H] H-H
  • Member since:
    08-19-2015

View PostSpectreHD, on Oct 13 2017 - 05:52, said:

 

Strange. My password change went without a problem. What browser are you using?

 

Chrome

Zergling #16506 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 06:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 16721 battles
  • 7,703
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011

Oh, WoWP 2.0 is out. I'm downloading now.

 



Avalon304 #16507 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 06:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 16855 battles
  • 6,479
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012
97 games in the Primo Victoria... majority solo, 73% win rate. This is not ok...

Taiho #16508 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 09:01

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 3081 battles
  • 484
  • Member since:
    01-10-2011

View PostAvalon304, on Oct 13 2017 - 00:22, said:

97 games in the Primo Victoria... majority solo, 73% win rate. This is not ok...

 

Of course it's okay. It's clearly in the name of the tank. ;)

 

Also, I boggled at Jingles WoWP video. Such a change of pace from his previous entries on the game.



Jarms48 #16509 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 10:03

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 117 battles
  • 1,285
  • Member since:
    06-21-2015

View PostOtakubouzu, on 13 October 2017 - 06:24 PM, said:

 

https://thearmoredpa...ragges-thunder/

 

So. Apparently its like your usual premium marathon then. I wonder how it played if they also release it in PC.

 

I still think the Predator Destructor model is a little off, but I'd totally buy the Ultramarine and Imperial Fist skins. Never been much of a fan of the Dark Angels. Still love to see some of the Leman Russ variants, the Exterminator and Demolisher variants should certainly be possible, seeing as they have same armaments as the Predator and Vindicator respectively.

SpectreHD #16510 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 11:06

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • 15,809
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View PostJarms48, on Oct 13 2017 - 17:03, said:

 

I still think the Predator Destructor model is a little off, but I'd totally buy the Ultramarine and Imperial Fist skins. Never been much of a fan of the Dark Angels. Still love to see some of the Leman Russ variants, the Exterminator and Demolisher variants should certainly be possible, seeing as they have same armaments as the Predator and Vindicator respectively.

 

Can't. All the "no fun allowed", historical purists (and animephobes) would get all up in arms. We should all play this totally historical, no nonsense, accurate WW2+Cold War simulator without any fun tanks or collaborations allowed.



stalkervision #16511 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 11:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 51084 battles
  • 8,079
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View PostRitaGamer, on Oct 12 2017 - 23:00, said:

We eventually changed the planes colour. Our pilots noticed that white clouds attracted the Strela-2M. That missile really turned things around for the guinea, the pilots would avoid it by using what they called "the start of the bullfight" maneuvers. The pilots could also see the trace of the missile and would go after those firing them.

 

Because of the Strela, the Guinean started celebrating that the PT  planes no longer flew so the pilots would razor fly by the Guinean  homes to show them wrong up close until Spinola, the Portuguese general forbid them. 

 

I noticed the large color change on a search. That is very interesting.

stalkervision #16512 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 11:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 51084 battles
  • 8,079
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

Finally got on the sandbox server. I guess they will just let anyone in now ! :P 

 

will be nice seeing the new graphics for myself.



Zergling #16513 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 11:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 16721 battles
  • 7,703
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011
Played WoWP a bit... it's better than the garbage it used to be, but I think it is far too simple and repetitive to hold my attention.

DerViktim #16514 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 14:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 18241 battles
  • 5,908
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2011

View PostTaiho, on Oct 13 2017 - 03:01, said:

 

Of course it's okay. It's clearly in the name of the tank. ;)

 

Also, I boggled at Jingles WoWP video. Such a change of pace from his previous entries on the game.

View PostZergling, on Oct 13 2017 - 05:35, said:

Played WoWP a bit... it's better than the garbage it used to be, but I think it is far too simple and repetitive to hold my attention.

 

I set the game to install just before I went to bed last night and played a quick game this morning before I left for work. It was actually fun to play. I'm not very big on "accurate flight sims" because, frankly, I'm crap at them and not interested enough in them to "get gud". WoWP might fit into that sweet spot of simple flight mechanics and such for me. My favorite airplane game was Crimson Skies because you didn't need to be a flight sim master to have fun with it.


Edited by DerViktim, Oct 13 2017 - 14:34.


Zergling #16515 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 14:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 16721 battles
  • 7,703
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011

View PostDerViktim, on Oct 13 2017 - 23:31, said:

 

I set the game to install just before I went to bed last night and played a quick game this morning before I left for work. It was actually fun to play. I'm not very big on "accurate flight sims" because, frankly, I'm crap at them and not interested enough in them to "get gud". WoWP might fit into that sweet spot of simple flight mechanics and such for me. My favorite airplane game was Crimson Skies because you didn't need to be a flight sim master to have fun with it.

 

Coming from WT... I just find the air combat doesn't have enough depth to it.

 

The game objectives meta is a lot better than in WT (WT is horrifically bad at that), but it just feels too simple. Energy and altitude appear to be a minor concerns, which is just a deal breaker for me.

 



DerViktim #16516 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 14:58

    Major

  • Players
  • 18241 battles
  • 5,908
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2011

View PostZergling, on Oct 13 2017 - 08:43, said:

 

Coming from WT... I just find the air combat doesn't have enough depth to it.

 

The game objectives meta is a lot better than in WT (WT is horrifically bad at that), but it just feels too simple. Energy and altitude appear to be a minor concerns, which is just a deal breaker for me.

 

 

I'm not saying I'm going to drop anything else I'm playing, but WoWP might scratch my airplanes itch from time to time now that it isn't absolutely terrible. I like the very simple flight model, and well, the other game's developer has proven to me time and time again that they are absolutely not to be supported in any way. This includes playing their game.



Zergling #16517 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 15:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 16721 battles
  • 7,703
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    02-09-2011

View PostDerViktim, on Oct 13 2017 - 23:58, said:

I'm not saying I'm going to drop anything else I'm playing, but WoWP might scratch my airplanes itch from time to time now that it isn't absolutely terrible. I like the very simple flight model, and well, the other game's developer has proven to me time and time again that they are absolutely not to be supported in any way. This includes playing their game.

 

Yeah, I'm barely able to stomach playing WT atm.



DerViktim #16518 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 15:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 18241 battles
  • 5,908
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2011

View PostZergling, on Oct 13 2017 - 09:02, said:

 

Yeah, I'm barely able to stomach playing WT atm.

 

Then why play that game? I've got a friend that absolutely rages time and time again about how terrible things are but he won't stop playing the game. It reminds me, in a way, of a person who is in an abusive relationship but just won't end it. 

Shrike58 #16519 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 15:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 59378 battles
  • 7,675
  • [SG] SG
  • Member since:
    02-23-2013
I downloaded WoWP yesterday and will give it a try over the weekend.

godofdun #16520 Posted Oct 13 2017 - 15:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 12592 battles
  • 4,740
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostDerViktim, on Oct 13 2017 - 06:31, said:

 

I set the game to install just before I went to bed last night and played a quick game this morning before I left for work. It was actually fun to play. I'm not very big on "accurate flight sims" because, frankly, I'm crap at them and not interested enough in them to "get gud". WoWP might fit into that sweet spot of simple flight mechanics and such for me. My favorite airplane game was Crimson Skies because you didn't need to be a flight sim master to have fun with it.

Yeah, the flight games that I've enjoyed were the star fox games and the rogue squadron games on the n64 so yeahlol. Flight games need to be very simple for me to enjoy them, even WTs arcade mode is annoying.






15 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 9 guests, 2 anonymous users


    Starne, The_Chieftain, cipher12, DerViktim