• Please log in to reply
19357 replies to this topic

Avalon304 #18981 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 13:46

Major

• Players
  • 16826 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostSpectreHD, on Nov 14 2017 - 01:28, said:

Yeah, you can believe that if you want. No tank in this game is balanced around their armour here. Don't know what reason the Churchills, T28/P, KV-4, and other slow moving vehicles aren't any faster. Must be their amazing DPM. Not too sure why we have this complicated armour and penetration mechanics in this game too. Should just be hitpoint based.

Sure, the trifecta is meant for real life. For this game based on tanks, it is still applicable whether you want to believe it or not. It is not like I have an IS-7 with medium like mobility that made mediums redundant during the Closed Alpha in the game right now. Why doesn't the Grille 15 have the armour of an E100? Stop deluding yourself. 

How can it weaken my argument if it is true? Crutch ammo. I want to penetrate the thickest and largest area of a tank with ease. I want to trade shots with that heavy in my medium. I don't want to move and let my TDs try to fight that heavy instead. I am too lazy to learn easily damageable weakspots with standard but just go through the thickest part of a tank instead. I want to have faster shell speed instead of leading a target. I want to increase my offensive capability in a close match and hope my enemy doesn't do the same. I want to get my shot off and still reliably penetrate before that heavy could even aim down enough to fire a shot. I want to increase the lethality of my already fast and high DPM vehicle and screw the balance; too bad that slow heavy tank cannot do something similar. This armour is a "safety net" argument just isn't enough to convince me when tanks balance around it have average to below average firepower and mobility.

I did say it relied on stupid people. But not solely. That is some confidence you have there if you think it relies full 100% on stupid people to work. And are you kidding? Meaningless if an enemy is unwilling to shoot? I'd say it is working just fine. If the enemy have to move, they are wasting time allowing teammates to get in position or advance or get flanking shots. Tanks have armour not to do damage or flank because that is not what their "safety net" is for. Funny how you talk it does't rely on the player so it is bad. As far as I am concern, the same applies to crutch ammo. Doesn't rely on the player aiming at weakspots, doesn't rely on the player leading shots because faster shell travel time, doesn't rely on using mobility to flank. 

Well, I have been reading WoT blogs and the forums since TWO THOUSAND FRACKING TEN. Do I see people asking for more armour? Sure, but back then it is for when it is historical. Back then, buffs (and nerfs) were all based on historical accuracy. Sure, I don't read the Reddit but do the actual devs actually do as well? Or do they read their own RU forums or RU reddit equivalent. Did you count to see that it is the number one request? From what I see, players complain when armour DOES NOT WORK when the tank is balanced around it! This "safety net" doesn't work enough times to make up for the lack of firepower and mobility! Explain that. Why doesn't the Tier 7 Black Prince not have the best DPM of its tier? The KV-4? IS-4? Heck, I see players saying the weakspot given to the Type 4/5 were not enough! Players defending weakspot removal have their comment heavily downvoted.

Such a perfect scenario needed just to pen the side of a Maus. You think it came from whining players first or that it is the result of it being spammed excessively by crutch ammo from the front? I still maintain the buff to the Maus was the result of it underperforming because of premium ammo. Simple cause and effect. It wouldn't have gotten buffed if it weren't so easily defeated frontally. The devs say that only a small portion of shots fired is premium ammo. Then why would they say armour has lost its role and they want to increase it? I say they look at the numbers for all the shots fired. They don't separate to see the percentage fired on armoured vehicles but just lump them all together. Otherwise why would they buff the Maus and Type 4/5. Ah... Nothing like wrongfully analyzing stats.

The M60A1 was just an example of the devs not listening. Probably more hypothetical. But the Chieftain is modelled. I am not really interested in it but I do support to have it implemented asap because it is already modeled.

If you read my version of higher penetrating standard (rebalanced premium) ammo, they would have marginal increases especially at Tier X.10-20% at Tier X. The reason for this number percentage is to make the average penetration of this rounds the higher RNG roll of standard ammo. Furthermore, they would have an alpha reduction. Would it cause the scenario you mentioned? Maybe. But with only a modest increase in penetration, it wouldn't be premium ammo now and would still require player input to do well in. The other benefit is that we can now get sensible armour thickness. The Maus can be nerfed. The Type 4/5 can be nerfed, we can remove that awful 15cm gun. Balance is the main goal here. It is something premium ammo detracts from.

That insight is just too simplified. Because this game is about tanks and with actual historical basis to their balancing, and as a result, most tanks are different and unique each with different characteristics and nuances. This makes balance of the utmost importance and why I detest that WG has no standardised balancing procedure for the vehicles they put in. That is why the gun depression buffs the British tanks got last patch was just awful because it made the M103 and T110E5 unnecessarily worst off.

Short matches would be fun (one of my thoughts involve global DPM nerf but mobility and gun handling buff, with slow tanks like the Maus just getting better ground resistance or HP/t buffs). But where does that leave the slow tanks weighed down by their safety net and the players playing them? Is it fun for them? They cannot depend on their armour but don't have the mobility and firepower to take part in this high mobility shorter matches. I mention TTK is to bring back to normal. Slow tanks die more easily from before and they cannot do anything because they are slow to get into cover or don't have the firepower to fight their way out.

And just like with most things. Sole blame cannot rest on one entity. Nothing is that absolute. The devs are equally responsible. In my opinion, even more so because they allowed it to get to this point. If their game or product does not produce the desired outcome, the blame lies with them. 

I mean... just looking at those tanks that you listed... all of them except the KV-4 actually have pretty good DPM or generally pretty good guns over all... and even the KV-4s gun isnt exactly terrible... so Im not sure if youre trying to defend your point or not... because those examples are terrible if you are.

I mean but it really isnt. The IS-7 is pretty mobile now, and has a great gun and has what can be considered passable armor. Far too many tanks now have all 3 rendering more irrelevant. But it was never relevant in the fist place. Because mobility will always trump the other 2. A mobile tank will be able to out position an armored tank or a tank with a good gun.

Because it isnt true. A crutch implies it props people up, and it quite simply doesnt. Players who are bad at this game will continue to be bad at this game regardless of whether they spam 100% premium ammo or not. Players who are good at this game, dont need it in the first place. Premium ammo doesnt guarantee a penetration, even now. It never has.

No it pretty much solely relies on stupid players. For armor to be worth its weight it needs to be actively blocking damage. Otherwise its just dead weight slowing your tank down. If I choose not to shoot a Maus and instead go to the otherside of the map and then stomp that side of the map and then get behind the Maus... the Maus' armor has done nothing for it or its team. What the Maus (or any other slow armored tank) relies on is stupid people to continue poking it and trying to shoot and not pen its most armored parts so it can return fire, and hoping that its friends can win their trades, on either flank. Once the Maus starts losing health the armor isnt doing anything for it either. Armor is an all or nothing thing. Either it blocks damage or it doesnt. There is no middle ground where it not blocking damage is it being useful to the player. Unlike, say, having a loaded gun pointed at an enemy, which is useful in its fear factor alone, even if it isnt causing damage yet. And again, premium ammo doesnt guarantee a pen, often times it flies slower (if its HEAT) and still requires a player to aim for the tank theyre shooting at, (again especially if its HEAT). A larger area to pen doesnt remove player skill from the equation it lessens the impact of RNG (another factor that is largely out of a players control).

Then you havent been reading closely enough. And yes, several WG employees read the reddit. I know the Meathead does, and Im pretty sure one or two of the EU staff do. And they pass on feedback just like they do from these forums. The problem with what you see is that ARMOR HAS ALWAYS WORKED AS A SAFETY NET. Players that say "armor doesnt work" are the same type of players that drive side on to loaded guns and expect their tank to bounce shots because it did that one time. Its not meant to work all the time... its meant to save you when you mess up. Again look at your examples, only the KV-4 has bad DPM, and it still has a pretty good gun over all. The Black Prince has 2k DPM as a tier 7 heavy tank. And the IS-4 is often thought to be one of the worst tier 10 heavy tanks despite its potato armor... so Im not really sure where that was meant to go. (And when the "weakspot" on the Type 5 is 260 effective... thats not a weakspot. But go find the reddit thread about the british TD armor buffs, where anyone who suggests that they didnt need the buffs is met with "But those tanks were riddled with weakspots, so they did need it". And this same craphas been going on since the Defender was first "leaked" from supertest, where it was actually balanced but the first complaints were "it has no armor no buy").

Im pretty sure, I pretty clearly think its a result of the players complaining rather than it being spammed with premium ammo from the front. Why would the devs say that? Because theyre trying to please their braindead playerbase, who are all complaining that "armor doesnt work". Which is the same reason they buffed three tanks that didnt need to be buffed in the way they were.

The more likely situation is the devs have heard the calls for *insert tank here* but they dont deem it important enough to implement, or (as is the unfortunate case with the Chieftain) are unwilling to implement it unless they can meet certain criteria.

I did read it. And it would still lead to where we are now. Except there would be no "premium" ammo for people to complain about.

It really isnt though. Game times longer than 5 minutes are already boring as all gets out. WoWS suffers from this too. Long matches are inherently boring in games like this. Short matches increase player activity, and engagement. It makes people want to play more. It also allows the game to be something that can be easily picked up for a few minutes and then put down. (Something you cant really do in WoWS for instance, because youre almost guaranteed to get a 20 minute match). 

Blame can lie solely with one entity. In this case WG's bad balance isnt the cause, its the effect. The cause is the player base. WG is reacting to what their players want instead of what is good for the game.

View PostApache1990, on Nov 14 2017 - 02:36, said:

Anyhow, Avalon, people didn't really complain about armor not being good enough before premium ammo for credits, but for a couple particular situations (Maus getting overmatched above the tracks, VK4502B being placed at too high a tier [and already having had artificially strong armor even before it got buffed to be invulnerable]).  Heck, the only widespread complaints were that US heavies had the same hull for T7, T9, and T10 (from people who were bad and didn't also note that the T30 could pen anything it wanted in return).

Ive been seeing it since 2012 where people would complain about their armor not working, only slightly less than they complain now.

stalkervision #18982 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 14:13

Major

• Players
  • 51006 battles

View PostSpectreHD, on Nov 14 2017 - 07:27, said:

Yeah nah. Even the most modern tank in WoT (if I am not mistaken the Strv 103b) still uses RHA instead of composite armour and has a rifled gun. The tank with the thickest armour in the game is still a WW2 vehicle.

Nope, I think you understand what I mean. It isn't just about armor. It's about tank advances in general and silly tier levels. Not saying WOT is only guilty of this. It isn't.

Maybe I should give an example ? :)   In the six day war the Arabs had more then a few Mark 4 German tanks left over from ww2 and tried to use them agains't the Israelis. They didn't fare too well against modern Super shermans and Patton tanks even when they were dug in

Now the Egyptian units with Patton's did pretty well indeed.

Edited by stalkervision, Nov 14 2017 - 14:21.

SpectreHD #18983 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 14:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostLife_In_Black, on Nov 14 2017 - 20:37, said:

The UDES 03 is from around 1973, the Type 64 is from 1975, the M48A5 Patton is from August of 1976, the STB-1 is from 1968/69, and the Leopard 1, AMX-30, and Strv103b are all from sometime in the mid 1960s, IIRC.

Cool. Good to know.

View Poststalkervision, on Nov 14 2017 - 21:13, said:

Nope, I think you understand what I mean. It isn't just about armor. It's about tank advances in general and silly tier levels. Not saying WOT is only guilty of this. It isn't.

It is still moot. All can be balanced. The IS-7 supposedly can be the most OP vehicle in the game but it isn't.

stalkervision #18984 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 14:25

Major

• Players
  • 51006 battles

View PostSpectreHD, on Nov 14 2017 - 08:19, said:

Cool. Good to know.

It is still moot. All can be balanced. The IS-7 supposedly can be the most OP vehicle in the game but it isn't.

How exactly do you do this other then to give them un- realistic attributes that compromise the core game?

stalkervision #18985 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 14:27

Major

• Players
  • 51006 battles
Then again I am talking about a game where ww1 tanks meet nineteen thirty and older designs and such ! LOL What was I thinking? What core?  :D

EmpressNero #18986 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 15:17

Major

• Players
  • 11133 battles
Roy Moore was reported banned from his local mall for being a creeper out for some teenagers.

KilljoyCutter #18987 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 15:51

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles

Please, please, Roy, fight this out to the bitter end, lose the seat to the Democrat, force conservatives (real and otherwise) and Republicans to choose between supporting you or basic human decency, and drag as many of your Alt Reich and Religious Reich sycophants down with you as possible. 

RitaGamer #18988 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 15:52

Major

• Players
  • 2729 battles
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY

Just watched Mingles with Jingles... PMSL he had to tell.

About the plane story, I wanted to say Spitfire but Warspite came out instead. My brain finds a resemblance to their names bc of the "spit" part.  When I tried to fix such error Paul and Ed Francis were already in tears laughing. :hiding:

I know I won't heard the end of it.... but I was tipsy and wasn't even paying attention to their convo. My mind was frozen someplace else while they babbled about a game I don't really care much for. :teethhappy:

And talking about planes... Im about to soak the pieces of an F-86 in water and soap to take dust and oil from the factory and put it to dry and then will start painting it. Got everything that was necessary 3 weeks ago when going out with the Younger Laddie. :3

EmpressNero #18989 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 15:53

Major

• Players
  • 11133 battles

View PostRitaGamer, on Nov 14 2017 - 09:52, said:

And talking about planes... Im about to soak the pieces of an F-86 in water and soap to take dust and oil from the factory and put it to dry and then will start painting it. Got everything that was necessary 3 weeks ago when going out with the Younger Laddie. :3

Do you have an airbrush?  Or are you hand-painting it?

SpectreHD #18990 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 15:57

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • [TT] TT

View PostAvalon304, on Nov 14 2017 - 20:46, said:

I mean... just looking at those tanks that you listed... all of them except the KV-4 actually have pretty good DPM or generally pretty good guns over all... and even the KV-4s gun isnt exactly terrible... so Im not sure if youre trying to defend your point or not... because those examples are terrible if you are.

I mean but it really isnt. The IS-7 is pretty mobile now, and has a great gun and has what can be considered passable armor. Far too many tanks now have all 3 rendering more irrelevant. But it was never relevant in the fist place. Because mobility will always trump the other 2. A mobile tank will be able to out position an armored tank or a tank with a good gun.

Because it isnt true. A crutch implies it props people up, and it quite simply doesnt. Players who are bad at this game will continue to be bad at this game regardless of whether they spam 100% premium ammo or not. Players who are good at this game, dont need it in the first place. Premium ammo doesnt guarantee a penetration, even now. It never has.

No it pretty much solely relies on stupid players. For armor to be worth its weight it needs to be actively blocking damage. Otherwise its just dead weight slowing your tank down. If I choose not to shoot a Maus and instead go to the otherside of the map and then stomp that side of the map and then get behind the Maus... the Maus' armor has done nothing for it or its team. What the Maus (or any other slow armored tank) relies on is stupid people to continue poking it and trying to shoot and not pen its most armored parts so it can return fire, and hoping that its friends can win their trades, on either flank. Once the Maus starts losing health the armor isnt doing anything for it either. Armor is an all or nothing thing. Either it blocks damage or it doesnt. There is no middle ground where it not blocking damage is it being useful to the player. Unlike, say, having a loaded gun pointed at an enemy, which is useful in its fear factor alone, even if it isnt causing damage yet. And again, premium ammo doesnt guarantee a pen, often times it flies slower (if its HEAT) and still requires a player to aim for the tank theyre shooting at, (again especially if its HEAT). A larger area to pen doesnt remove player skill from the equation it lessens the impact of RNG (another factor that is largely out of a players control).

Then you havent been reading closely enough. And yes, several WG employees read the reddit. I know the Meathead does, and Im pretty sure one or two of the EU staff do. And they pass on feedback just like they do from these forums. The problem with what you see is that ARMOR HAS ALWAYS WORKED AS A SAFETY NET. Players that say "armor doesnt work" are the same type of players that drive side on to loaded guns and expect their tank to bounce shots because it did that one time. Its not meant to work all the time... its meant to save you when you mess up. Again look at your examples, only the KV-4 has bad DPM, and it still has a pretty good gun over all. The Black Prince has 2k DPM as a tier 7 heavy tank. And the IS-4 is often thought to be one of the worst tier 10 heavy tanks despite its potato armor... so Im not really sure where that was meant to go. (And when the "weakspot" on the Type 5 is 260 effective... thats not a weakspot. But go find the reddit thread about the british TD armor buffs, where anyone who suggests that they didnt need the buffs is met with "But those tanks were riddled with weakspots, so they did need it". And this same craphas been going on since the Defender was first "leaked" from supertest, where it was actually balanced but the first complaints were "it has no armor no buy").

Im pretty sure, I pretty clearly think its a result of the players complaining rather than it being spammed with premium ammo from the front. Why would the devs say that? Because theyre trying to please their braindead playerbase, who are all complaining that "armor doesnt work". Which is the same reason they buffed three tanks that didnt need to be buffed in the way they were.

The more likely situation is the devs have heard the calls for *insert tank here* but they dont deem it important enough to implement, or (as is the unfortunate case with the Chieftain) are unwilling to implement it unless they can meet certain criteria.

I did read it. And it would still lead to where we are now. Except there would be no "premium" ammo for people to complain about.

It really isnt though. Game times longer than 5 minutes are already boring as all gets out. WoWS suffers from this too. Long matches are inherently boring in games like this. Short matches increase player activity, and engagement. It makes people want to play more. It also allows the game to be something that can be easily picked up for a few minutes and then put down. (Something you cant really do in WoWS for instance, because youre almost guaranteed to get a 20 minute match). 

Blame can lie solely with one entity. In this case WG's bad balance isnt the cause, its the effect. The cause is the player base. WG is reacting to what their players want instead of what is good for the game.

If those tanks are good, then why are they not more common? My main point is why aren't they faster because obviously they aren't suppose to rely on their armour that is slowing them down. 

You can keep on repeating the trifecta isn't relevant and you can constantly deny that tanks ingame are balance around the it but it has always been the case. All the way from Closed Beta. The very fact that armour was set to be historical as possible is the biggest giveaway. From there it'd be easy to decide the firepower and mobility.

It is a crutch ammo. And it doesn't prop players up? You are kidding right? It is undeniably the superiour ammo choice. Even with HEAT. Something that is plain superiour doesn't prop a player? Yeah right. It props higher the higher skilled a player is. It is so easy to dismiss its effectiveness just because you throw in "stupid players". But the fact remains, players who use it do better because it is still the superiour shell. It doesn't have to pen 100%. If it pens significantly more than with standard, that is enough. I mean [edited], that unicum in that Object 140 didn't need to use HEAT on my VK 100.10P. But he still did. Pop out just enough for his gun and before I can aim his turret roof, he has already fired and retreated. Angling didn't work. So glad my saving throw kicked in. Wait, it never did. The saving throw argument works with standard ammo. Crutch ammo just makes it pointless.

And in that timeframe, you don't think the Maus would advance on the flank you left? What is there to assume the other flank on your side didn't get rolled? What is there to assume that the Maus would still be in the same spot to let you shoot its rear? No. A Maus blocking a shot or forcing others to take rushed shots or simply just holding fire serves prevent the enemy from firing. Forcing the enemy to relocate just gives an advantage to the team. A heavy using its armour for the team is what they are balanced for because they are not there to flank or do damage because they weren't balanced as such. Armour is meaningless if it doesn't bounce shots. Guess what crutch ammo reduces significantly. The chance to bounce shots. The saving throw doesn't happen when faced with crutch ammo. It is a crutch that many rely on it it now. Even the good players.

Oh woopee. The non devs read the WoT reddit. And they give that feedback to the devs. Why aren't we seeing good feedback come around? Maybe because the devs just do whatever they want and get triggered when CCs call premium ammo GOLD AMMO. Unless you can see the RU players' feedback, whatever feedback NA and EU give feels like it is ignored. But its okay. I didn't read into it much despite following WoT closely through Overlord Q&As and from SilentStalker's blog since 2010. You can keep repeating the safety net argument but you think it is okay for tanks to have reduced firepower and mobility because it has a safety net?

The KV-4 has a decent gun sure. But is it enough to make up its size, low mobility and armour that gets penetrated easily?

The Black Prince has 2k DPM. But it cannot use it because it is too slow. It's alpha is trash for a heavy. And it cannot depend on its armour to deliver that DPM before it gets its safety rendered useless.

The IS-4 gets bad gun handling, low DPM, and poor mobility for that armour. Clearly it is meant to be more than just a "safety net". This safety net crap makes no sense because tanks are not balanced around the off chance it may bounce a shell. Balance. How many times do I need to repeat that? Just because premium ammo isn't 100% guarantee, it does not detract from the fact that it does so far better than standard ammo. Stop assuming it is "bad" players that drive broadside to loaded guns. Do you think I do that? Do you think that is why I am complaining about crutch ammo? No. It is because they do it frontally even when I angle. If you think the British TDs shouldn't have their armour buffed, how would you balance them instead? More speed? Mobility? DPM? I know what I would do first before doing any kind of buffing. Rebalance the crutch ammo making armour useless in the first place.

It is nice to believe the devs listen to the whiners. But it is just an assumption. While they don't listen to their own CCs they invite to meet them directly. Even Rita is fed up. But you know, as long as you believe wholeheartedly that the playerbase is the cause. It is only the stupid players believing armour is doesn't work. Anyone who thinks otherwise is clearly wrong. There is only one side. The bad players and all fault lies with them. No other solution is viable. Not even one that reduces the power of premium ammo which would allow armour to be toned down.

Funny how you consider a match more than 5 minutes as too long. 7.5min to 10 minutes was considered as normal. Well, you can believe it increases engagement and make people play more. Unless they reduce the map and team size, 5 minutes is a rarity. But I do not find anything wrong with quick matches as long as they are fun and balanced for all players and vehicle class. But if one class gets disadvantaged, then there is a problem.

I also do not believe in absolutes. To believe the playerbase bears the entire blame, sorry I cannot believe in such a convenient scapegoat. Rarely is anything that cut and dry. If the bad players' whines got us to where we are, then the blame also falls onto the devs who listened to them. I mean they could listen to their CCs, or their better players. I mean look at all the different kinds of feedback just in this thread. Surely there are other places out there instead of just this thread. I have to point once again to the CCs. Why don't the devs listen to them!?

If they listened to poor feedback, then they were fed with feedback from the community managers that cannot separate the drivel from the constructive ones and make stupid decisions based on it, then it is on them.

Edited by SpectreHD, Nov 14 2017 - 15:59.

cipher12 #18991 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 15:59

Major

• Players
  • 11718 battles

I guess local malls have higher standards than the Senate.

KilljoyCutter #18992 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 16:02

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles

View Postcipher12, on Nov 14 2017 - 09:59, said:

I guess local malls have higher standards than the Senate.

To be fair, senate GOP leadership seems to have turned against Moore. 

EmpressNero #18993 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 16:04

Major

• Players
  • 11133 battles

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Nov 14 2017 - 09:51, said:

Please, please, Roy, fight this out to the bitter end, lose the seat to the Democrat, force conservatives (real and otherwise) and Republicans to choose between supporting you and basic human decency, and drag as many of your Alt Reich and Religious Reich sycophants down with you as possible. 

Hate to break it to you, but basic human decency means little when compared to making sure that the other team doesn't get a player on the field.

Something I'd love to see come out of all this.  Someone, without a hint of irony or self-awareness, arguing that Moore is the better candidate because he loves children.

RitaGamer #18994 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 16:18

Major

• Players
  • 2729 battles
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY

View PostEmpressNero, on Nov 14 2017 - 14:53, said:

Do you have an airbrush?  Or are you hand-painting it?

Hard paint and made sure to study things well before I even start. 

Never painted a model before and about to pop that cherry.

Still, need to finish an anime Meng ship tho. I couldn't grab the tiny parts with my thumb to finish the model after I cut myself very badly. Amazing, for hands that do gardening and mess around tanks how soft they are and how easily they get paper cuts even but I cut myself with a modelling knife and bled a lot.  I did not even realise I had cut myself until blood started appearing everywhere...    Was so embarrassed bc it wasn't in my house or were my tools. Got my boo boo immediately taken care of by someone who started panicking but I insisted on sanitising the tools.  I am very tidy with other people's spaces/things.

GoldMountain #18995 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 16:33

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 41 battles

View PostRitaGamer, on Nov 14 2017 - 15:18, said:

Still, need to finish an anime Meng ship tho. I couldn't grab the tiny parts with my thumb to finish the model after I cut myself very badly. Amazing, for hands that do gardening and mess around tanks how soft they are and how easily they get paper cuts even but I cut myself with a modelling knife and bled a lot.  I did not even realise I had cut myself until blood started appearing everywhere...    Was so embarrassed bc it wasn't in my house or were my tools. Got my boo boo immediately taken care of by someone who started panicking but I insisted on sanitising the tools.  I am very tidy with other people's spaces/things.

Oh dear... I need to make a note of keeping sharp objects out of your reach when I am around you, lol. 

EmpressNero #18996 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 16:34

Major

• Players
  • 11133 battles

View PostRitaGamer, on Nov 14 2017 - 10:18, said:

Hobby razors are incredibly sharp.

GoldMountain #18997 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 16:42

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 41 battles

View PostEmpressNero, on Nov 14 2017 - 15:34, said:

Hobby razors are incredibly sharp.

And cheap ones tend to have poorly designed grips, the sharpness of the blade wouldn't matter if it were not so easy to slip a finger, and your concentrating so much on the model and your precision you don't notice the cut at all.

EmpressNero #18998 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 16:43

Major

• Players
  • 11133 battles

View PostGoldMountain, on Nov 14 2017 - 10:42, said:

And cheap ones tend to have poorly designed grips, the sharpness of the blade wouldn't matter if it were not so easy to slip a finger, and your concentrating so much on the model and your precision you don't notice the cut at all.

I tend to use my thumb as a backstop for the blade.  It's rare that I cut deep enough to draw blood, but my thumb tends to look ragged after a while.

EmpressNero #18999 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 16:58

Major

• Players
  • 11133 battles

View PostRitaGamer, on Nov 14 2017 - 10:18, said:

Still, need to finish an anime Meng ship tho.

Do up the ship like this!

RitaGamer #19000 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 17:13

Major

• Players
  • 2729 battles
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY

I think I will keep on using the snip snip tool, I am not very good with the modelling knife yet tbh.

One of the reasons why I build models its bc although I got tiny hands, they are incredibly strong and clumsy. Building models is a good training to make them more finesse.

And talking about that... I just broke a Licor glass while dishwashing.  :mellow:

Cleaning cupboards entirely and rearranging cups atm. 

Forgot to say, I do use a knife but its a camping knife with a nice hold to it.

Edited by RitaGamer, Nov 14 2017 - 17:31.

25 user(s) are reading this topic

8 members, 15 guests, 2 anonymous users

SpectreHD, godofdun, EmpressNero, RitaGamer, LittleJoeRambler, GoldMountain, Misfire42