T110's Northern Migration

• Please log in to reply
19568 replies to this topic

KilljoyCutter #19021 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:10

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Nov 13 2017 - 01:24, said:

Jesus... EA have screwed up so much with Battlefront II that they now have the most downvoted comment in reddit history:

https://www.reddit.c...locked/dppum98/

Thats actual consumer rage... and its now well over 75k... 2 minutes ago it was at 74k...

Currently at -682k points.

stalkervision #19022 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:31

Major

• Players
  • 51084 battles

View PostRitaGamer, on Nov 14 2017 - 16:17, said:

Just scared the crap out of the guy we got renting a room. He arrived from work, we said hello to each other as I was washing my bathroom's floor. He entered his room but passed by again without me noticing in the corridor and got out of the house to pick something in his car. 

I heard the front door twice thinking he was in his room and assuming that he may have forgotten to lock the door and someone uninvited had entered. Currently, in the area, there has been an increase in crime, especially home robbery and my entrance has been tried twice in the last months so the first thing I did was to grab my Sig and go downstairs to check. Its Airsoft but looks real and still can hurt.

As soon I reach downstairs he comes out of the bathroom and catches me holding the Sig and screams "ITS MEHHH, *NAME*!". 

I wasn't even pointing the gun and the thing wasn't even loaded, he's a homosexual and has a tendency to be loud and dramatic but was kinda funny... I even took out the magazine and shown him that the thing wasn't even loaded to calm him.

He does feel protected and has nothing to fear with me around tho, I will protect his honour. :teethhappy:

then a double barrel shotgun would have made him crap his cueca . You might want to try it next time. :teethhappy:

stalkervision #19023 Posted Nov 14 2017 - 23:50

Major

• Players
  • 51084 battles

View Poststalkervision, on Nov 14 2017 - 06:19, said:

The game can never ever be balanced because it's basic premise is completely faulty. Tanks of one era almost NEVER met tanks of another on the battlefield and if they did on rare occasions it was a predictable slaughter. That's what the gold ammo is for to try to balance out this flawed ridiculous idea. What surprises me is few of you see this. :facepalm:

Major Offensive ---"A lot of people here in particular realize exactly this.  We just also realize it's a game.  And WG has taken some liberties even since the beginning, like implementing proposed or trialed upgunning options that were never production."

s/v sure you do and many more besides but the constant rants on game balance are driving me to drink ! :D

Avalon304 #19024 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 00:05

Major

• Players
  • 16863 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Nov 14 2017 - 15:10, said:

Currently at -682k points.

Still there. maybe weve reached a cap of downvotes...

EmpressNero #19025 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 00:12

Major

• Players
  • 11168 battles
The Russians have provide irrefutable proof that the US is helping IS in Syria.  Part of the proof is a still image from a video game, complete with "all content subject to change" in the top-right corner of the still.

RitaGamer #19026 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 00:12

Major

• Players
  • 2729 battles
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY

Missing Zumba classes!

I just had learned to dance this one on the last sesh! :teethhappy:

Taiho #19027 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 00:13

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3081 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Nov 14 2017 - 18:05, said:

Still there. maybe weve reached a cap of downvotes...

It's actually shifted downward to 681k points. Did people see the price cut of Luke and Vader and upvote the thing (while missing the fact that rewards were also changed downward)? Or maybe reddit's trying to weed out "bot" downvote swarms?

SpectreHD #19028 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 00:17

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • [TT] TT

View Poststalkervision, on Nov 15 2017 - 06:31, said:

then a double barrel shotgun would have made him crap his cueca . You might want to try it next time. :teethhappy:

RIP Bill Paxton.

stalkervision #19029 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 00:25

Major

• Players
  • 51084 battles
ya bill, :(

stalkervision #19030 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 00:30

Major

• Players
  • 51084 battles
for you civil aviation enthusiasts and pliots  http://www.mooney.com/en/acclaim-ultra.html

Starne #19031 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 00:34

Major

• Players
  • 7501 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

The RNC is severing its direct ties with Roy Moore. They are withdrawing from a joint fundraising agreement that Moore was party to, recalling some paid staff that had been sent to support his campaign, and will be spending no more money on the race.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/14/rnc-cuts-off-moore-244904

KilljoyCutter #19032 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 01:08

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles

View PostStarne, on Nov 14 2017 - 18:34, said:

The RNC is severing its direct ties with Roy Moore. They are withdrawing from a joint fundraising agreement that Moore was party to, recalling some paid staff that had been sent to support his campaign, and will be spending no more money on the race.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/14/rnc-cuts-off-moore-244904

Per that article, Moore was just 2 percentage points ahead of Jones before all this became public. 

If there's a write-in candidate, I'd expect the Republican vote to be somewhat split up between Moore -- who will be on the ballot no matter what -- and whoever that is.  At only 2 points, and with some people who might have voted for Moore before this either staying home or taking an "anyone but Moore" attitude (there will be people that disgusted by this, we just don't hear about them), the GOP can't afford to have any kind of split vote from their side of the electorate. 

FrozenKemp #19033 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 01:11

Major

• Players
  • 42700 battles
There is even more weird Moore stuff I read today. Earlier there was a letter showing support from 50 pastors? Actually he forged the date to appear to be since the allegations emerged against him, when it was from some time ago.  Sorry no link for this.

The other is about how the troops under his command in Vietnam hated his guts and he had some sandbag sleeping arrangement in case someone THREW A GRENADE during the night.  You can see that on Wikipedia.

KilljoyCutter #19034 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 01:27

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles

View PostFrozenKemp, on Nov 14 2017 - 19:11, said:

There is even more weird Moore stuff I read today. Earlier there was a letter showing support from 50 pastors? Actually he forged the date to appear to be since the allegations emerged against him, when it was from some time ago. Sorry no link for this.

The other is about how the troops under his command in Vietnam hated his guts and he had some sandbag sleeping arrangement in case someone THREW A GRENADE during the night. You can see that on Wikipedia.

It's sad how a total scumbag can build an image as a "good man" so easily.

I know it sounds smug, but none of this is really a shock to me. 

MajorOffensive #19035 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 01:35

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 26741 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ

View PostFrozenKemp, on Nov 14 2017 - 16:44, said:

Major, I was thinking about that but was also thinking that might be just TOO EVIL!   I might do it with the Crusader SP, as I enjoy it more than my Conqueror GC. 

Bonus evil: do it while seal clubbing in my Birch Gun.  Doesn't have splash, though. 

Don't hate the player, hate the game company that implemented the mechanic.  Anything with reasonable splash should be able to do it.  The more splash you have, though, the more potential for distributed damage.  I hear the Bishop is really nasty, but I don't really enjoy mid-tier battles very often.

Starne #19036 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 01:42

Major

• Players
  • 7501 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Nov 14 2017 - 19:08, said:

Per that article, Moore was just 2 percentage points ahead of Jones before all this became public. 

If there's a write-in candidate, I'd expect the Republican vote to be somewhat split up between Moore -- who will be on the ballot no matter what -- and whoever that is.  At only 2 points, and with some people who might have voted for Moore before this either staying home or taking an "anyone but Moore" attitude (there will be people that disgusted by this, we just don't hear about them), the GOP can't afford to have any kind of split vote from their side of the electorate. 

Yeah, this is looking more and more like a scandal induced upset. Moore wasn't a particularly strong general election candidate, even in a place like Alabama, in the first place. Add in the effect of the scandal and he's in real trouble, and it's probably only going to get worse. The rumor is that the GOP does have some kind of independent verification of the allegations against him, and it wouldn't be surprising if more accusers came forward, and every time one does, this all gets pushed back to the front page.

And it is a front-page news item, not just nationally, but locally in Alabama. The local media outlets are running the story and most recently three dyed-in-wool conservative news papers covering the three largest markets in the state ran an editorial calling Moore unfit for office. So even someone that either doesn't trust or just doesn't follow the national media will have been exposed to the story by now.

That being said, there's still a chance Moore could win this. Partisanship and the good 'ole ideological blinders ( "I don't like that, so I'm not going to believe it!" ) are a powerful, powerful thing. Case in point: the state GOP official that said that sexually abusing a child is horrible, but even if the allegations were true he'd still vote for Moore because keeping that Democrat out of office is more important.

With that out of the way, this is a no-win scenario for the GOP, and they know it. If Moore wins, they have to find some way of dealing with and/or defending Moore, which would be the last thing the GOP wants going into the midterms. It's worth noting that Moore is only popular in Alabama and a clear majority of Republicans nationwide want him out of the race and generally gone. But even then, actually expelling Moore from the Senate would be a massive undertaking. Frankly, letting or making sure Moore loses is probably better for the GOP overall. Sure their majority in the Senate would shrink, greatly complicating things, but they'd be able to easily wash their hands this whole fiasco and wouldn't have to deal with explaining and defending Moore himself and/or their handling of the situation in the Midterms. And even if Moore's opponent wins the seat, he'll most likely end up being a 1-termer anyway because Alabama.

Breaking, non-Roy Moore related news;

Explosions reported in Harare, and soldiers have reportedly seized the headquarters of Zimbabwe's national broadcaster. The US Embassy is also temporarily closing to the public due to the "uncertain situation". Zimbabwe's ambassador to South Africa claims that talk of a coup is just "social media rumors" and that the national government is intact and functioning normally.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-41992351

Edited by Starne, Nov 15 2017 - 01:59.

EmpressNero #19037 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 02:03

Major

• Players
  • 11168 battles

View PostStarne, on Nov 14 2017 - 19:42, said:

That being said, there's still a chance Moore could win this. Partisanship and the good 'ole ideological blinders ( "I don't like that, so I'm not going to believe it!" ) are a powerful, powerful thing. Case in point: the state GOP official that said that sexually abusing a child is horrible, but even if the allegations were true he'd still vote for Moore because keeping that Democrat out of office is more important.

Just putting it out there, that State GOP person is a total tool and should be removed from his position.

KilljoyCutter #19038 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 02:11

Major

• Players
  • 8469 battles

View PostEmpressNero, on Nov 14 2017 - 20:03, said:

Just putting it out there, that State GOP person is a total tool and should be removed from his position.

If he chooses to side with Moore to the bitter end, it might just cost him his job. 

Starne #19039 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 02:18

Major

• Players
  • 7501 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Nov 14 2017 - 20:11, said:

If he chooses to side with Moore to the bitter end, it might just cost him his job. 

I dunno. Given how steadfast the Alabama GOP has been in supporting Moore, he might end up keeping his job. Mark my words, if Moore loses or wins and is expelled from the Senate, the state GOP and the far-right wackos that have run top cover for them at the national level will be defiant, not humbled or introspective.

RitaGamer #19040 Posted Nov 15 2017 - 02:20

Major

• Players
  • 2729 battles
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY

View Poststalkervision, on Nov 14 2017 - 22:31, said:

Airsoft shotguns are nearly the same as snipers... pretty are just for looks. Although, you can fire multiple BBs at once with a shotgun.

As far as airsoft goes I am quite simplistic... I see these guys arguing about stats like that's what is going to make them better and then end up squealing when I catch them in the field with my reliable MP5 that they like to call [edited]and basic.

Did upgrade my MP5 so that I could fire as far as possible bc I got a really good aiming even when hipfiring and that was it. 

The only one other upgrade I am thinking is to add ambidextrous safety. I get as much "kills" with both hands and often trade it around to minimise my exposure. 

And talking about it... Just made an appointment for an eye test. Going lenses.

Some guys at tanks events this year offered me Eye and Jaw protections for Airsoft so I am getting that done. The Pray Mantis mask is sh!tty if you have long hair, it refuses to stay in place.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

8 members, 6 guests, 1 anonymous users

Avalon304, Tjtod, SpectreHD, ChairmanMilo, EmpressNero, Starne, FrozenKemp