Jump to content


T110's Northern Migration


  • Please log in to reply
17264 replies to this topic

LordCommanderMilitant #4561 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 22:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 8537 battles
  • 3,038
  • [KURO] KURO
  • Member since:
    01-20-2014

View PostDerViktim, on Apr 21 2017 - 20:39, said:

 

It is the highest impact "extra stuff" item on my resume. You would be amazed at just how much of an impact that one little line makes on people.

 

 

Let's see... while I was a Scout I went to Philmont http://www.philmontscoutranch.org/ (somewhere in the archive I'm in a crew photo (July 1984 I think), I went to the National Jamboree in 1985 and had the pleasure of tent camping in a hurricane (Hurricane Bob) which was actually as fun as it was memorable, spent time at the local council's camp in the Adirondacks https://www.senecawa....org/massawepie and learned a lot of things about leadership and project management that have proven to be valuable life long lessons.

 

Yes, it does.

 

I remember Philmont. I went once and my brother went twice. I hauled the stainless steel cookset up and over the mountains and back again, all the way, in the rain. I also remember on a trek through the High Sierras, we could hear a man with a gun firing it off somewhere down in the valley in the night, and our scoutmaster, who was a Marine artilleryman, helpfully suggested we "keep our heads down." 

 

I built a equestrian bridge for my Eagle Project. I also built miles and miles of split-rail fencing, and benches, tables, informative signs, and trails, for other service projects. I think its funny that, in the trail section my bridge is installed on, there were 4 bridges, one made by me, and 3 made by an external contractor. Within a year, the 3 made by the contractor required repair that forced trail closure, but my bridge was still there and just fine. [The contractors had cut some corners, to say the least, and their bridges hadn't been built to regulation spec.] The park ended up having the other bridges replaced by my troop, as my brother and one of my friend's Eagle Projects.

 

I would certainly say Scouting was a valuable experience.


Edited by LordCommanderMilitant, Apr 21 2017 - 22:24.


Avalon304 #4562 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 22:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 16585 battles
  • 6,275
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

Finally!

 



GoldMountain #4563 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 22:54

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 41 battles
  • 7,485
  • Member since:
    01-06-2011

View PostRitaGamer, on Apr 21 2017 - 18:14, said:

 

And what about now? KEk

 

 

Dont say that! Xxx

 

Here's a Sneak Peak:

Spoiler

 

 

Turned on netflix and was greeted by the "Netflix Orignal Sand Castle"

First few clips are of some rusty (But Working) M60A3's supposedly In Iraq ~2015

 


Edited by GoldMountain, Apr 21 2017 - 23:06.


Avalon304 #4564 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 23:14

    Major

  • Players
  • 16585 battles
  • 6,275
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

Im impressed by this Bismarck skin:

 

https://thedailyboun...-bismarck-skin/



RitaGamer #4565 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 23:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 2729 battles
  • 3,179
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY
  • Member since:
    10-04-2013

View PostDerViktim, on Apr 21 2017 - 20:39, said:

 

It is the highest impact "extra stuff" item on my resume. You would be amazed at just how much of an impact that one little line makes on people.

 

 

Let's see... while I was a Scout I went to Philmont http://www.philmontscoutranch.org/ (somewhere in the archive I'm in a crew photo (July 1984 I think), I went to the National Jamboree in 1985 and had the pleasure of tent camping in a hurricane (Hurricane Bob) which was actually as fun as it was memorable, spent time at the local council's camp in the Adirondacks https://www.senecawa....org/massawepie and learned a lot of things about leadership and project management that have proven to be valuable life long lessons.

 

Seems pretty interesting. My grandparents tried to get me into the scouts once but I found them far too savage for my intellectual self. lol Not trying to insult you but they were just really wild and out of order in PT.

 

View PostGoldMountain, on Apr 21 2017 - 21:54, said:

 

Here's a Sneak Peak:

Spoiler

 

 

MMMmmmm..... 



cipher12 #4566 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 23:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 11639 battles
  • 6,873
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011

https://ritastatusre...upertest-stats/

 

wth isnt the 5a the rejected tier X Chinese heavy from ye olde days of WoT


Edited by cipher12, Apr 21 2017 - 23:20.


Avalon304 #4567 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 23:24

    Major

  • Players
  • 16585 battles
  • 6,275
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View Postcipher12, on Apr 21 2017 - 14:19, said:

https://ritastatusre...upertest-stats/

 

wth isnt the 5a the rejected tier X Chinese heavy from ye olde days of WoT

 

Looks like it was the original tier 10 Chinese heavy... but now it'll fit right in... (also probably a CW tank now).

EmpressNero #4568 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 23:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 10980 battles
  • 11,307
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View PostGoldMountain, on Apr 21 2017 - 09:57, said:

 

It was my understanding the springs in christie suspension completely encased in the tubes they came in and as a result very difficult to access, not painted and just coated in grease.

 

However there are always exceptions to a rule, so it could be possible.

 

I guess it really doesn't matter, as they'll be hidden by the wheels anyways.

PrimarchRogalDorn #4569 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 23:42

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 25 battles
  • 721
  • Member since:
    01-03-2017

View PostAvalon304, on Apr 21 2017 - 17:14, said:

Im impressed by this Bismarck skin:

 

https://thedailyboun...-bismarck-skin/

 

0/10

Not listing 20 degrees to starboard and incapacitated



GoldMountain #4570 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 23:44

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 41 battles
  • 7,485
  • Member since:
    01-06-2011

View PostRitaGamer, on Apr 21 2017 - 22:19, said:

 

Seems pretty interesting. My grandparents tried to get me into the scouts once but I found them far too savage for my intellectual self. lol Not trying to insult you but they were just really wild and out of order in PT.

 

 

MMMmmmm..... 

 

lewd...

Apache1990 #4571 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 23:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 32238 battles
  • 6,203
  • [ATKRE] ATKRE
  • Member since:
    06-16-2011

View PostAvalon304, on Apr 20 2017 - 23:28, said:

EDIT3: The more I think about it... the more I think reusuable consumables were a mistake. They pretty much render tracking a non issue...

 

It renders all critical hits a non-issue, IMO.  I think it would have been better to keep consumables single use, and instead allow damaged modules/crew to restore themselves to fully repaired in 90 seconds (modified by repair skills).  Reusable consumables just remove all decision making from when to use them.

 

The decision tree is now:

1. Is the damaged module a radio, radioman, or other non-essential module (e.g. viewports function normally at yellow)

Yes -> Do not repair/revive

No -> Use consumable instantly now



Kenshin2kx #4572 Posted Apr 21 2017 - 23:54

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 16038 battles
  • 4,734
  • Member since:
    07-20-2014

View PostApache1990, on Apr 21 2017 - 12:51, said:

 

It renders all critical hits a non-issue, IMO.  I think it would have been better to keep consumables single use, and instead allow damaged modules/crew to restore themselves to fully repaired in 90 seconds (modified by repair skills).  Reusable consumables just remove all decision making from when to use them.

 

The decision tree is now:

1. Is the damaged module a radio, radioman, or other non-essential module (e.g. viewports function normally at yellow)

Yes -> Do not repair/revive

No -> Use consumable instantly now

 

I've always been of the opinion that damage on the tanks (like tracks) should be harder to accomplish, but once its done, much harder to fix (if at all).

SpectreHD #4573 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 00:07

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 16324 battles
  • 15,584
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View PostAvalon304, on Apr 22 2017 - 06:24, said:

 

Looks like it was the original tier 10 Chinese heavy... but now it'll fit right in... (also probably a CW tank now).

 

Ugh. More vehicles sacrificed to the pointlessness of CW rewards.

Avalon304 #4574 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 00:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 16585 battles
  • 6,275
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostSpectreHD, on Apr 21 2017 - 15:07, said:

 

Ugh. More vehicles sacrificed to the pointlessness of CW rewards.

 

Well... I mean... I dont know that it will be... but I dont see them building ANOTHER Chinese heavy line, I dont see them adding it alongside the 113 and I dont see them replacing the 113... so that really only leaves 1 option.

TheUDF #4575 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 00:08

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 8111 battles
  • 1,534
  • Member since:
    07-19-2010

View PostPrimarchRogalDorn, on Apr 21 2017 - 14:42, said:

 

0/10

Not listing 20 degrees to starboard and incapacitated

 

Agreed.

 

Hood's model should also have a large gaping hole where her bow was as well as sink as soon as someone citadels her.


Edited by TheUDF, Apr 22 2017 - 00:08.


cipher12 #4576 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 00:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 11639 battles
  • 6,873
  • Member since:
    11-17-2011
I love that stun is a mechanic that only matters when your actively trying to engage an enemy. Like its utterly irrelevant when your reloading a clip or trying to reposition but the moment you try to be aggressive or make a play or just drive around a corner and shoot *BAM your gunners injured fck you for trying to play the game*

EmpressNero #4577 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 00:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 10980 battles
  • 11,307
  • Member since:
    03-27-2011

View PostSpectreHD, on Apr 21 2017 - 18:07, said:

 

Ugh. More vehicles sacrificed to the pointlessness of CW rewards.

 

At least it's not another American tank sacrificed on the alter.

KilljoyCutter #4578 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 00:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 23,284
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View Postcipher12, on Apr 21 2017 - 18:13, said:

I love that stun is a mechanic that only matters when your actively trying to engage an enemy. Like its utterly irrelevant when your reloading a clip or trying to reposition but the moment you try to be aggressive or make a play or just drive around a corner and shoot *BAM your gunners injured fck you for trying to play the game*

 

The stun mechanic is bad.  I can tell just reading about how it works.

 



Avalon304 #4579 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 00:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 16585 battles
  • 6,275
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

Meathead says something in this video (roughtly 6 mins in) that encapsulates everything wrong with arty: (both before and now)

 

 

Quote "Meathead Militia"

 I'm a big fan of the stun mechanic. As an artillery player myself I can still do 2-4000 damage with this update and one of the real reasons is I like to annoy people. You know this. But the stun mechanic is perfect for that.

 

Literally, everything wrong with arty in one comment. A class for trolls to be able to troll people.

 


Edited by Avalon304, Apr 22 2017 - 01:01.


RitaGamer #4580 Posted Apr 22 2017 - 00:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 2729 battles
  • 3,179
  • [ANGRY] ANGRY
  • Member since:
    10-04-2013

People think I hate MeatHead...but I find him a cutie.

COF... COf... Had a lapse there! No! No! He must be disliked! cof.. 






31 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 27 guests, 0 anonymous users


    Avalon304, LittleJoeRambler, Taiho, avenue94