Jump to content


T110's Sixth Summer of Love and Tolerance


  • Please log in to reply
30446 replies to this topic

The_Chieftain #14721 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 05:58

    Military Specialist

  • Administrator
  • 10667 battles
  • 9,759
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    09-08-2011

View PostDaigensui, on Sep 18 2017 - 03:17, said:

Who cares about Meathead in the context of tree development? I mean, sure, he's a cool guy with events and stuff (he is the one that send me my Kanoen), but do we really need to complain about lack of communication when we know it is someone in the lair under the Minsk HQ who does whatever he wants?

 

If you are referring to Murazor, he lives/works in Cyprus with the high mucky-mucks.

DerViktim #14722 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 06:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 18294 battles
  • 6,388
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2011

View PostTheUDF, on Sep 17 2017 - 19:25, said:

Curses! Oh well...I guess I'll try to catch it some other time.

 

As an aside, my faithful HDD has suddenly decided it wanted to do its best Dodo impression and I'm now my pc's kaput. What're all your opinions on upgrading to a 525GB SSD for $150? I'm kinda on the fence since I've found a 1TB HDD for only ~$50.

 

Get either a Samsung Evo SSD or Western Digital SSD. Western Digital absorbed Sandisk so anything WDC SSD is basically a Sandisk drive. WDC SSDs also reviewed quite well and the one I've been using for the last 6 months or so on my Xbox has been working flawlessly.

 

Don't bother using a spinning disk for anything other than cheap bulk slow storage. Putting your OS and applications on a SSD will get you the single biggest performance boost you can get in a system.

 

 



Daigensui #14723 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 06:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 28393 battles
  • 29,954
  • [KANCO] KANCO
  • Member since:
    11-09-2012

View PostSpectreHD, on Sep 17 2017 - 21:10, said:

It is not about Meathead. It is about him showcasing something that people have been doing years prior. Even an actual CC (Super_Noodle) wasn't mentioned for this but somehow another more complicated tree was mentioned when more simplified trees made under the constraints you mentioned like downtiering vehicles being a put off for Minsk.

 

By mentioning this tree, it gives the impression to the community that this tree is better than other proposals.

 

Seems to be extremely overthinking it.

 

 

 

View PostThe_Chieftain, on Sep 17 2017 - 21:58, said:

If you are referring to Murazor, he lives/works in Cyprus with the high mucky-mucks.

 

I was certain there is a portal between the HQs ;v

Avalon304 #14724 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 07:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 18218 battles
  • 7,641
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostDaigensui, on Sep 17 2017 - 22:57, said:

 

I was certain there is a portal between the HQs ;v

 

The balance department is technically in the underworld... so... they probably do have a portal of some kind... probably made of demonic fire or some other such nonsense...

Daigensui #14725 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 07:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 28393 battles
  • 29,954
  • [KANCO] KANCO
  • Member since:
    11-09-2012

Mark of Excellence Konštrukta T-34/100

 

1dVhJxI.jpg

 

Is it a good thing to have MoE and 57% in a vehicle most people hate?

 

Also, love it when enemy lights ram into me and die, netting me a Kamikaze.



Avalon304 #14726 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 07:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 18218 battles
  • 7,641
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostDaigensui, on Sep 17 2017 - 23:39, said:

Mark of Excellence Konštrukta T-34/100

 

1dVhJxI.jpg

 

Is it a good thing to have MoE and 57% in a vehicle most people hate?

 

Also, love it when enemy lights ram into me and die, netting me a Kamikaze.

 

Well getting MoEs in vehicles people hate (or vehicles lots of people play badly) is actually easier... the lower damage requirements make it such. 57% in that thing is impressive though (over how many battles though?)

Aloeus #14727 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 07:49

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24076 battles
  • 1,021
  • Member since:
    02-25-2012

View PostDaigensui, on Sep 17 2017 - 23:39, said:

Mark of Excellence Konštrukta T-34/100

 

Is it a good thing to have MoE and 57% in a vehicle most people hate?

 

Also, love it when enemy lights ram into me and die, netting me a Kamikaze.

 

people hate it? I always just thought it was the definition of "meh"

 

I got two kamikazes back to back in the sabaton tank the other day, I guess that tank is so metal it makes people ram it. One of them was an ru251 going warp 9 into mae at full health. he ded. 



Avalon304 #14728 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 07:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 18218 battles
  • 7,641
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostAloeus, on Sep 17 2017 - 23:49, said:

 

people hate it? I always just thought it was the definition of "meh"

 

I got two kamikazes back to back in the sabaton tank the other day, I guess that tank is so metal it makes people ram it. One of them was an ru251 going warp 9 into mae at full health. he ded. 

 

Even for a tier 7 medium... its pretty bad.

 

People dont realize that Centurions weight 40-50 tons... which is always fun when tiny tonks ram my 7/1....

Apache1990 #14729 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 08:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 34769 battles
  • 6,654
  • Member since:
    06-16-2011
T-34/100 is actually pretty good.  Not everything can just be a T20.

Daigensui #14730 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 08:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 28393 battles
  • 29,954
  • [KANCO] KANCO
  • Member since:
    11-09-2012

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 17 2017 - 23:47, said:

Well getting MoEs in vehicles people hate (or vehicles lots of people play badly) is actually easier... the lower damage requirements make it such. 57% in that thing is impressive though (over how many battles though?)

 

IVHG19u.png

 

It happens to be my best Czech vehicle, for some reason.



Avalon304 #14731 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 08:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 18218 battles
  • 7,641
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View PostDaigensui, on Sep 18 2017 - 00:23, said:

 

IVHG19u.png

 

It happens to be my best Czech vehicle, for some reason.

 

Yea... thats about the point where WR starts to reflect how well youre gonna do in a tank. That is impressive.

Daigensui #14732 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 08:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 28393 battles
  • 29,954
  • [KANCO] KANCO
  • Member since:
    11-09-2012

View PostAvalon304, on Sep 18 2017 - 00:25, said:

Yea... thats about the point where WR starts to reflect how well youre gonna do in a tank. That is impressive.

 

It gets even more funny when you look at my heavies:

 

brHUGQ9.png

 

Besides the obvious ones like Pz. B2, E 100, and O-I, you have Tiger P and VK 30.01 (H). The latter is somewhat ludicrious when you consider my stats from when it was a medium:

 

y9lZzxR.png

 

So yeah, despite being held down by the past, by VK 30.01 (H) is on its way to the 3rd MoE and the win rate keeps going up. I want to try and get it to over 60% if possible. 



MajorOffensive #14733 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 09:12

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 29190 battles
  • 2,829
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
  • Member since:
    09-04-2010

View PostDaigensui, on Sep 18 2017 - 01:39, said:

Mark of Excellence Konštrukta T-34/100

 

1dVhJxI.jpg

 

Is it a good thing to have MoE and 57% in a vehicle most people hate?

 

Also, love it when enemy lights ram into me and die, netting me a Kamikaze.

 

I kind of like it.  When the garbage gun handling doesn't make it full potato.

KilljoyCutter #14734 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 12:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 24,792
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View PostDerViktim, on Sep 18 2017 - 00:01, said:

 

Get either a Samsung Evo SSD or Western Digital SSD. Western Digital absorbed Sandisk so anything WDC SSD is basically a Sandisk drive. WDC SSDs also reviewed quite well and the one I've been using for the last 6 months or so on my Xbox has been working flawlessly.

 

Don't bother using a spinning disk for anything other than cheap bulk slow storage. Putting your OS and applications on a SSD will get you the single biggest performance boost you can get in a system.

 

 

 

Agreed.  The mechanical lag time of what's going on inside an HDD is a big bottleneck, and when I switched to a Samsung Evo SSD the reduction in wait time for anything that involved opening/loading files was stunning.

Edited by KilljoyCutter, Sep 18 2017 - 15:06.


Slakrrrrrr #14735 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 13:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 22233 battles
  • 6,435
  • Member since:
    07-16-2011

View PostLife_In_Black, on Sep 17 2017 - 12:28, said:

First, it isn't misleading, as there have been very visible proposals, lots of research put into this by other people, and nobody at Wargaming gave a single rusty F-word about it. So you getting any kind of official acknowledgement strikes me absurd and very disrespectful on Wargaming's part. Second, why mention Slakrrrrrr? While Slakrrrrrr means well, I can't really remember any US proposal of his, and his sense of balance is and always has been terrible, plus he will make completely arbitrary decisions and directly contradict them simply because he feels it's ok.

 

Fair enough I don't recall making as many US tree proposals as I have for other trees, the point ThatTrafficCone is making is that I have made many, many proposals over the years, and I remember a lot of people liking them back when I made the them most frequently (2012-2013). I will admit that the balancing was interesting at times, but I would always try to make the vehicles I proposed objectively comparable to contemporary vehicles.

 

And the arbitrary decision thing? I don't have to explain that one again. I made what I said extremely clear, and kept my side of the conversation very civil, while you decided to have a temper tantrum and call me not nice things because you refused to listen to my reasoning. I'm not going to have the pointless argument again, but there's no need to slander me because someone else appreciated what I tried to do as a member of the community.



FrozenKemp #14736 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 13:18

    Major

  • Players
  • 45644 battles
  • 6,781
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostC_Menz, on Sep 17 2017 - 20:40, said:

I gave up with spg-15-3 and instead completed the others with honors. With tier10 lights lt-15-3 is much easier now.

 

That's something to consider - thanks! 



DerViktim #14737 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 14:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 18294 battles
  • 6,388
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    10-02-2011

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Sep 18 2017 - 06:34, said:

 

Agreed.  The mechanical lag time of what's going on inside an HDD is a big bottleneck, and when I switched to a Samsung Evo SSD the reduction in wait time for anything that involved opening/loading files.  

 

Believe it or not I had to perform a startup time comparison study to provide a justification for switching from hard drives to SSD drives in our environment. SSDs were so much faster than hard drives in our usage case it was shocking. Without pulling up the data I want to say that the real world numbers was something on the order of the SSD being 3-4 times as fast as the hard drive in real world usage. The work flow being measured was a cold boot to automation client, automation client manipulating Windows 10 and restarting the PC, booting Windows 10, logging in, waiting for profile creation and configuration, and finally finishing at a fully logged in and ready state. Hard drives were taking something on the order of 12 minutes and SSDs were taking something like 3-4 minutes.

 



Misfire42 #14738 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 15:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 8385 battles
  • 4,568
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    02-23-2012

View PostDaigensui, on Sep 18 2017 - 00:57, said:

I was certain there is a portal between the HQs ;v

 

It's a tunnel. They had to do something with all the WoT money.



KilljoyCutter #14739 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 16:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 8469 battles
  • 24,792
  • Member since:
    05-07-2011

View PostMisfire42, on Sep 18 2017 - 09:51, said:

 

It's a tunnel. They had to do something with all the WoT money.

 

It's the secret prototype test for Ellon Musk's hyper-loop system. 

 

 

 



godofdun #14740 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 16:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 14471 battles
  • 5,155
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011

View PostKilljoyCutter, on Sep 18 2017 - 08:11, said:

 

It's the secret prototype test for Ellon Musk's hyper-loop system. 

 

 

 

The tube "car" or whatever they call it probably has additional armor that was not in Musk's design.....because WG.
 






29 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 24 guests, 1 anonymous users


    Dragon_Witch, Starne, Tjtod, godofdun