german medium

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Sonkin #1 Posted Feb 09 2017 - 01:05

Private

• Players
  • 27504 battles
  • [PYRMD] PYRMD
Is the panther 8.8 going to get a gun buff like the panther II? It really could use it. The recent small buffs are ok but it is a long range sniper. It really can't brawl or active scout, so that leaves sniping. That or it's just a damage pinata. Also, would be nice for spall liners to reduce splash damage too, instead of direct HE hits only. My 8.8s armor is so weak, HE pens me all too often when someone rushes me and I have to do the buffalo ballet.

_zeke #2 Posted Feb 09 2017 - 01:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5523 battles
  • [SISU] SISU
i think it is only getting a gun depression buff

Pizzaisawesome #3 Posted Feb 09 2017 - 01:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 226 battles

no, you don't get to have fun xd

>meanwhile at wargaming

B00BLEMAX #4 Posted Feb 09 2017 - 01:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14574 battles
  • [QSF] QSF
There are no plans to buff the Panther 8.8. And the new L100 gun on the Panther 2 has reduced dpm compared to the L71, so it's not a massive buff. 

Dhizi #5 Posted Feb 09 2017 - 02:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4220 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostSonkin, on Feb 08 2017 - 19:05, said:

Is the panther 8.8 going to get a gun buff like the panther II? It really could use it. The recent small buffs are ok but it is a long range sniper. It really can't brawl or active scout, so that leaves sniping. That or it's just a damage pinata. Also, would be nice for spall liners to reduce splash damage too, instead of direct HE hits only. My 8.8s armor is so weak, HE pens me all too often when someone rushes me and I have to do the buffalo ballet.

The 8,8 is perfectly fine. In fact, it's ALREADY got superbly amazing gun stats. It's already got top-notch DPM, accuracy and aim-time which is natural for most german medium tanks. And it can sufficiently brawl if the person is competent and comfortable enough in it. When I had it, I had the third gun-mark on it in under two weeks of play. Loved the thing. Only complaint I had with it strangely was the terrain resistances and hull rotation.

And also -- Spall liners DO reduce damage via splash damage. Any HE-based shell that does NOT penetrate a tank undergoes the damage-reduction formula -- So the Spall liner DOE reduce damage from splashes.

Also tagged with german medium

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users