Mardi Gras Parade!

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

Sniper1942 #221 Posted Mar 01 2017 - 17:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 20817 battles

Concuerdo con el primer ganador, pero los demás parecen dibujos de niños de 5 años,quien elije a los ganadores ,un ciego ?

agtdetructor #222 Posted Mar 01 2017 - 17:40

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7824 battles
  • [LATIN] LATIN
I agree that SpectreHD was a deserved winner, but many other work seems that were not taken into account, image quality, creativity, complexity, originality were not taken into account in this contest, I believed to be the only one I believe An image in GIF format had a great chance to win something, even put Serb with a mask and mardi grass shirt, and the balloons that exploded saying tank world, I spent a lot of time creating it, but for WG a drawing made by Children painted with crayons and photographed with a poor quality camera is more impressive.

Congratulations to the winners, next time I will think twice before participating in one of these contests

HULLK_ARGENTINO #223 Posted Mar 01 2017 - 18:33

Private

• -Players-
  • 14337 battles
  • [B-A-B] B-A-B
It's a joke, right? These are the winners? IMPOSSIBLE TO BELIEVE !!! , That lack of seriousness with those who had to select the works, incredibly it is a lack of respect and professionalism the way they selected the works, INCREDIBLE.

Es un chiste verdad  ? estos son los ganadores?  IMPOSIBLE DE CREER !!! ,   que falta de seriedad con los que tenían que seleccionar los trabajos, increíblemente es una falta de respeto y profesionalismo el modo que seleccionaron los trabajos, INCREÍBLE.

_definitely_not_a_reroll #224 Posted Mar 01 2017 - 22:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4398 battles
  • [-TDU-] -TDU-

its like this with every drawing cones wg has dont look down upon your abilities

xxtankmasterx #225 Posted Mar 01 2017 - 22:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 15678 battles
  • [UMM] UMM
Well they need to fix their judging OR just tell us that they judge randomly. Spectre deserved it, but the ELC, and half other the other ones straight up looked like a kinder gardener made them

Edited by xxtankmasterx, Mar 01 2017 - 22:49.

escap3 #226 Posted Mar 01 2017 - 23:08

Private

• -Players-
  • 14504 battles
  • [-TAO-] -TAO-

eng   !is seriously! I lost against a pencil drawing, honestly that is very discouraging :(

esp ¡en serio! He perdido contra un dibujo a lápiz, honestamente eso es muy desalentador

Pepetruelo #227 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 04:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 19287 battles

No vale la pena discutir, mejor recordemos los bellos momentos que dejo el concurso y el carnaval  

Google translator: It is not worth discussing, let us remember the beautiful moments that left the contest and the carnival

:honoring:

Spoiler

Casamancos #228 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 05:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 29911 battles
  • [-LAC-] -LAC-

quienes fueron los ganadores del concurso?

paintereugene #229 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 06:02

Private

• -Players-
  • 5671 battles

View Postpaintereugene, on Feb 20 2017 - 07:44, said:

Nice blue and round design from KV-2, AMX-40, TOG II
This tank fire flowers instead of bullets and has light balls indicate tank tracks 

hmmm .... alright not this time

LOK013 #230 Posted Mar 03 2017 - 00:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14098 battles
  • [-PUA-] -PUA-

This event is false these drawings are a joke,there are better in the list

It lacks criteria to judge the drawings better and a better judge is needed

Edited by LOK013, Mar 03 2017 - 00:06.

Scott__Denn #231 Posted Mar 04 2017 - 23:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 1631 battles
  • [_I_] _I_
LOL.... u win a tank here if u suck drawing ?

Avocett #232 Posted Mar 06 2017 - 23:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 7428 battles

I did not participate in this contest, I already have a Patriot so I did not enter.  Whatever criteria they use to judge these contests is completely broken. I looked through all the entries and I don't think a single image I thought was really deserving of winning actually placed in the top.  There was some really good work submitted to this contest and I think it was universally overlooked and ignored by the judges.

I have a few theories as to why this happens.

1. WG wants to ensure that the same people who are actually artists don't dominate the contests:

...in which case these should not be art contests. Perhaps they pick works that look like they were done by much younger players or those with less artistic inclinations, but if that's the case, then these should not be art contests. Saying something is an "art contest" denotes that entries will be judged on their quality, creativity and execution, and I often see the winners of these contests display much lower levels of each than other submitted entries. WG, if you don't want people who are talented, or professional artists to win your art contests, simply state that they are picked by "random draw". I've seen many entries in WG's art contests that must have taken a professional artist weeks of work in both 3D and 2D applications not even get into the honorable mentions category and lose out to something that might have taken 5 min with colored pencils. There are clearly a lot of talented artists that play WoT, and as one of them, I can say that we love these contests, but the recent judging has made me step back and not bother to participate anymore.

2. WG Blacklists players if they have won contests in the past:

I see a lot of the same people enter the art contests, and I see a lot of really talented people enter every single one of them, and I usually see them not even get a mention in the results. MilkyM4n, creator of some of the best skins and remodels in the WoT community entered the Skin a Tank contest, his entry was excellent but did not even receive the consolation prize. I'm sure he has previously won WG's art contests and I assume has been blacklisted so they he doesn't either dominate the art contests, or because a player that receives too many free tanks will be less likely to buy them.

If either of these is the case, it needs to be stated in the contest rules, either that results are random draw, or ineligibility from winning past contests.

BananaCannon #233 Posted Mar 07 2017 - 23:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21029 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
I can only think that winners were picked randomly, which sucks for people who spent many hours fine tuning something actually impressive. I agree with Avocett the contest needs to be defined clearly, even if you're just going to throw darts at a number board. I used to moderate a forum that held graphics contests and people would vote on the winners with some controls to prevent popularity contests. Surely you can gather up a few staff to pick the three designs they reaaaaally like out of a downloaded image pool. Otherwise this is just a raffle, and it's insulting to imply people should waste their effort for hours or days only to be outrewarded by players who take five minutes to draw something in crayon or copy paste some google image results onto WG stock art. I certainly don't want to participate seriously in a contest like that. That's cruel.

Frozenpants #234 Posted Mar 11 2017 - 14:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11908 battles
  • [ESAD] ESAD

Just to let everyone know that's still following this thread. I contacted the Mod that posted this via private message asking why the winners were chosen as they were, the reply was that they were chosen in accordance with the posted criteria, which is clearly not true. I then called them on that and asked for more infomation/clarification to their decision and if i could speak to anyone else higher up in the comminity team about this. That was over a week ago and i have been ignored since, i also reached out to their community management memebers on reddit and fell on equally death ears.

So there you have it folks, their method of dealing with this is just to ignore us untill we forget about it, simply shameful.

Tigeh #235 Posted Mar 11 2017 - 21:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30049 battles
  • [W0RLD] W0RLD

I used to run a branding and graphic design firm, and have been called upon to judge contest entries before. I think it's time Wargaming published the results by ranking ALL entries and if they're given marks within a category, (e.g. if quality is 6 and creativity is a 1, while a 3 would've placed it in the top 3 - to show those).

•     One entry per player
  •     Must be an original creation designed exclusively for this contest
  •     Design must be tank-related and fit a parade theme (e.g. floats, marching band, etc.)
  •     Acceptable image formats: JPEG, PNG, GIF
  •     Entries judged on creativity, quality, consistency with theme and complexity

However - a lot of entries clearly base used artwork which was not in the public domain. 

- IRAMARX, frontflip2col and chalryiy linked to their google drive, which forces you to save into .webp format,

- I can only surmise that Pepetruelo's got excluded because of 2 images of persons Wargaming couldn't hold the copyright to.

- EnderLAC maybe because at best it could be a 'poster', but it missed the topic a bit.

- JuniorNJr maybe got a prize for complexity?

As for escap3, painter_eugene, joseph2478, tomkypo22 and KimZsaurio missing out on top or ANY prizes.......and a childlike (could be a badults) drawing of a tank coming in second, I feel Wargaming have consistently lowered the judging quality and transparency over the years - if you're going to make questionable decisions then you have a duty to the people who spent combined, maybe a thousand hours, on these submissions, to be clearer with them on why the placings were as they were. For Frozencool - I don't think he'd have been upset to be beaten by 

1. SpectreHD
2. escap3

3. cavernickola (though questionable inclusion of the green WoT logo is less questionable when it's IP beloning to the contest holder)

and I can see Hadez411's end result was in some ways worse than his working steps due to the massive filtering, but the effort put in seems worth rewarding too. However it's really hard to argue that Maxxx_Gunner's image was more deserving than ones like escap3's that got completely overlooked, or that a child's drawing is meeting all the criteria of quality and creativity and complexity - especially if the child is over the EULA age for him to be playing WOT in the first place.

And while contests are happening with less regularity and smaller prizes in general, the effort people are putting in is no less.

I've also been wondering about a blacklist, but been worried that suggesting there might be one might lead to addition to it if there is one. 

To anyone reading this, I'd suggest waiting til a BIG competition for a tank you want comes up before entering. I'd much rather luck out for a type 59 than win 1000 gold and get recycled to the bottom of the pile for quality -and when milkym4n is getting ignored in tank skins competitions it seems very unlikely everything is as the community would think it should be.

Avocett #236 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 20:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 7428 battles

Block Quote

I've also been wondering about a blacklist, but been worried that suggesting there might be one might lead to addition to it if there is one. 

I had thought about staying silent on this theory too, but whatever, It needs to be out there. There are plenty of contests that specifically state in the rules that previous winners are ineligible, so it would be perfectly fine for WGNA to simply state in the contest rules that this is the case.

We have some good artists in here, and if one person consistently wins every single contest that kind of kills the drive for anybody new to enter. I could totally see, and would be ok with this being the case, but they need to state it. Good artists spend a lot of time on their work, some of the really amazing stuff posted in these contests could have taken people a really long time, just because someone is a great artists doesn't mean they can whip this stuff out in a day. I spent a full month on my 3D rendered Corsair Steampunk Tank entry. Sure I didn't spend 8 hours a day on it, but it was probably a good 20 hours over the course of a month. I enjoy 3D work so I don't feel like I wasted my time, I really liked what I made, but it kind of stung to not even get an honorable mention in the results, not that I thought I was going to win the top prize by default, but that some of the winners and honorable mentions were kind of lacking in skill, execution and creativity.

Had It been stated that previous winners were ineligible for a length of time then I would have gladly ducked out and given other people a chance as I had just won a Patriot from the Skin a tank contest and a Mutz from a Reddit pumpkin carving contest a little before that. Getting the feeling that your entry is invalid without any knowledge of that, or how long you entries will be invalid due to past wins leaves kind of a bad taste in my mouth.

For reference, here are some of my previous entries:

Corsair Strafe Keyboard: Design a Steampunk Tank: Did not place

My Entry: http://forum.worldof...8#entry10695798

Winners: http://forum.worldof...7#entry10746317

2016 Holiday Ornament Contest: Consolation Prize

My Entry: http://forum.worldof...0#entry10681420

Winners: http://forum.worldof...8#entry10681328

More than one way to Skin a Tank: Won Patriot

Milkym4n entry that was totally ignored in the results http://forum.worldof...3#entry10544883

My Entry: http://forum.worldof...7#entry10544977

Winners: http://forum.worldof...1#entry10579651

aliahemd55594 #237 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 22:31

Private

• -Players-
  • 2714 battles
pleas ineed to this 

aliahemd55594 #238 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 22:34

Private

• -Players-
  • 2714 battles
ineed T26E5 Patriot im dont have credits give me him Thank.....

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users