• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

bill_ster #1 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 02:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 17387 battles
  • [-RC-] -RC-

Wargaming, 

I started playing this game a few years ago, and I have loved it ever since. A few of the proposed buffs/nerfs to the tanks in Update 9.17.1 are just plainly distressing. I fail to understand the logic behind nerfing the T110E5 cuppola because its was impenetrable to regular ammo and then implementing changes to the MAUS and the TYPE 5 HEAVY that would pretty much do the same to those tanks as well. 

I can understand the point made earlier that these tanks need those buffs because they are severely lacking in in-game performance with respect to same tier and class, but you have to also consider the other factors affecting them. The current map rotation often makes these HUGE & SLUGGISH super heavies vulnerable to artillery fire, sometimes before they have even fired a single shot or progressed into a favorable position. Adding the amount of armor that has been proposed is in my opinion an [edited]backwards way of solving the problem. I agree that the TYPE 5 HEAVY needed buffs to certain spots on the tank, and that the MAUS could benefit from a few buffs to its Turret, but making them impenetrable is making them imbalanced. The Focus should be on a better map rotation and a re-balancing of the artillery class.

The only conclusion that the player base can draw from these proposed buffs is that these tanks are buffed to be used as Gold Absorbing Cash Cows? which I certainly hope is not what the intention is.

Tanks,

bill_ster

Mercer_Keel #2 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 02:08

Major

• Players
  • 33123 battles
  • [LTD] LTD
Its cool that your making conclusions on the Maus and Type 5 heavy yet don't own them. 

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #3 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 02:09

Major

• Players
  • 15555 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

or they could nerf e5 cupola.

and nerf gold rounds to only be like +30 pen.

and be amazed at how many balancing issues disappear.

Mercer_Keel #4 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 02:13

Major

• Players
  • 33123 battles
  • [LTD] LTD

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Feb 10 2017 - 17:09, said:

or they could nerf e5 cupola.

and nerf gold rounds to only be like +30 pen.

and be amazed at how many balancing issues disappear.

Your right the system is flawed because its all built on a foundation that you could only buy those rounds with gold back in the day and where only used 1% of the time in randoms. 

bill_ster #5 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 02:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 17387 battles
  • [-RC-] -RC-

@Mercer_Keel, its cool how you don't read the whole post. 

@Strike_witch_tomoko I agree with that. But that is also a whole other can of worms.

Mercer_Keel #6 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 02:22

Major

• Players
  • 33123 battles
  • [LTD] LTD

View Postbill_ster, on Feb 10 2017 - 17:15, said:

@Mercer_Keel, its cool how you don't read the whole post. 

Wrong. See even with the buffs the Maus will get, it will not be in the same league as the E5 now. Gold rounds will still go threw the cheeks with ease and the little view port on the roof. Just be happy you only have one weak spot on the turret. 

SinsOfWrath #7 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 02:33

Major

• Players
  • 19483 battles
  • [CARTE] CARTE

Some aspect I can agree with you.  WG has frequently taken the wrong or easier approach to solving complaints.  One being the gold rounds for silver aspect.  Essentially forcing WoT into a un-balanced meta, for WG financial gains.  Then again for financial gains they brought out some very OP premiums such as the G113 and M4 49.  I'm sure there are more to come.  Heck the Lorraine 40T, new and improved is coming back with a 6 round clip and 300 alpha at tier 8.  The there was talks of the armor penetration changes, which again seemed to have a financial gain, essentially forcing players to gain more penetration a angle and therefore using more gold rounds.  The use of gold rounds of course leads to less income and players more likely to purchase gold/silver packages to stay entertained.  

I don't really thing the E5 needed a nerf.  Thats mainly cause I suck in mine and get penned thru the cupula anyways...as everyone already fires APCR at top tiers.  But in order to keep working that financial gain and to make it seem that WG is actually listening they went and created the nerf, but turned around and added buffs to offset their loses as seen in the Maus and Type 5.  

As far as arty is concerned, it has been a pain in a while.  However this is a perfect example of "Over-Doing" it.  Creating a very low damage arty with a stun mechanic will most likely make them more irritating then before.  Not to mention the increase in fire rate and accuracy.  Fact is in my four years on this game I've been one shot a handful of times.  Playing some arty myself I also know that my average hit percentage in arty is pretty low.  Arty essentially needed a penetration nerf to decrease one shot abilities.  Other then that arty had already been hit hard by the nerf stick.  Now i know WG is trying to make arty be better as a supporting role.  Unfortunately by allowing repeating repair kit use, they almost negated its proposed abilities.  On the other hand some more useful supporting munitions would be illumination or smoke rounds.  Something already present in WT.

bill_ster #8 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 02:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 17387 battles
  • [-RC-] -RC-

Block Quote

I don't really thing the E5 needed a nerf.  Thats mainly cause I suck in mine and get penned thru the cupula anyways...as everyone already fires APCR at top tiers.  

I could be biased about this, but I feel that its ill-logical to nerf a tank to meet a spec and buff several others to basically not. The expectations/philosophies should be level across the board.

bill_ster #9 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 02:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 17387 battles
  • [-RC-] -RC-

View PostMercer_Keel, on Feb 11 2017 - 01:22, said:

Wrong. See even with the buffs the Maus will get, it will not be in the same league as the E5 now. Gold rounds will still go threw the cheeks with ease and the little view port on the roof. Just be happy you only one weak spot on the turret. 

I will agree to disagree here about it not being as good. Check out the armor model on TanksGG. As in the OP I don't agree with WG nerfing the T110E5 to be able to be penetrated by the regular rounds and the MAUS and TYPE 5 to have no chance at being penned by the regular rounds - That is an Imbalance. 

Ironbutt2015 #10 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 02:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9184 battles

In brief:

Agree that the nerf to the T110E5 which has weak armor all around the tank except some of the front makes little sense.  Then go and buff the heck out of other already nigh invulnerable tanks.  I have seen lights and meds blast the crap out of the E5 from the front.

Not everyone uses gold/premium ammo and the tanks armor should not be based on a standard such as that anyway.  Would like to see gold/premium ammo gone from the game just fyi.  It would be nice for each country to have one heavy tank that is tough.  Buff the E5 or leave as is, do not nerf it. 

Mercer_Keel #11 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 03:22

Major

• Players
  • 33123 battles
  • [LTD] LTD

View Postbill_ster, on Feb 10 2017 - 17:58, said:

the MAUS have no chance at being penned by the regular rounds - That is an Imbalance. 

there is 30 tanks at tier 10 with 260+ pen on there normal rounds, and it goes all the way up to 370. all of them will pen the cheeks of the new modeled muse but none will go threw the E5 cheeks. 

Snuggle_Foch #12 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 21:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 15478 battles
As a fairly decent Maus player, I can tell you already this is just going to make snuggling sweeter in my Maus come sandbox. As for those chubby cheeks? Well, Everything pens it as it is anyway when it hits head on.  I don't personally mind the E5 nerf to the tumor. What I do mind is the side wheel nerf. It will make side scrapping harder in the E5.

Striker_70 #13 Posted Feb 14 2017 - 04:04

Major

• Players
  • 17469 battles

The Type 5 is being completely over-buffed.  Most players aren't going to be able to penetrate it.  The vast majority of tier 8s wont even have the chance to do so, even shooting premium rounds.

There's no point in nerfing the E5 if they're going to overbuff the Type 5 like this.

bill_ster #14 Posted Feb 17 2017 - 02:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 17387 battles
  • [-RC-] -RC-

View PostStriker_70, on Feb 14 2017 - 03:04, said:

The Type 5 is being completely over-buffed.  Most players aren't going to be able to penetrate it.  The vast majority of tier 8s wont even have the chance to do so, even shooting premium rounds.

There's no point in nerfing the E5 if they're going to overbuff the Type 5 like this.

Agree 100%

bill_ster #15 Posted Feb 17 2017 - 02:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 17387 battles
  • [-RC-] -RC-

View PostMercer_Keel, on Feb 11 2017 - 02:22, said:

there is 30 tanks at tier 10 with 260+ pen on there normal rounds, and it goes all the way up to 370. all of them will pen the cheeks of the new modeled muse but none will go threw the E5 cheeks. 

Yes there are. But those tanks are not all the Heavy class, ie shooting from range with AP and APCR which is what their regular rounds should be means that those shells drop penetration resulting in no penetrations. SO as I said before, whichever of the 30 tanks you have accounted for can, will be primarily ONLY shooting HEAT. If armor is made so as to only be penetrated by premium shells, it is not balanced, and Hence should be rebalanced. 

Frank_is_the_tank #16 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 05:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16219 battles

All of this balance nonsense. They keep changing, only to make one tank good, and the other tank bad.

If they are very close to balance, leave them alone. No tank deserves to be nerfed.

The type 5 is over buffed now. No one can pen it at the front, while it can pen any tank with that fast reloading derp gun. Not to mention, it destroys any paper tank like the grille 15 in one-two shots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users