artillery sandbox world of tanks high explosives crew skill

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

shinjiprofile #1 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 07:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 16046 battles
  • [B-O-W] B-O-W
I'm not a big fan of the new mechanics on the sandbox artillery since arty can de-track tanks so something like stun will be even more frustrating for the receiving end so its not really a good idea(players will despise arty even more) so let me add something new, How about disorientation effect for the driver it gets harder to control the tank or response differently(wants to turn left but actually turning right), and for the commander shell shock effect where the screen gets dark or dizzy,Confusion effect loader loads wrong shell, and gunner Out of Focus effect minus accuracy and it all depends where the HE shell hits the tank and on which crew will take the damage,and to fix this is to either use first aid kit(since it can now be used multiple times) or wait for a cooldown. different caliber of the gun different duration and severity of the -effects.
This changes will also benefits Tank players not just artillery.
Imagine your in a platoon both of you need to punish a very healthy tank one of you Fires HE shell to disorient the crews(specifically aiming on the spots where you want) then one of you flank.

Edited by shinjiprofile, Feb 11 2017 - 09:16.

SuperTankDriver #2 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 08:45

Major

• Players
  • 19935 battles
  • [HAX] HAX
Imagine driving on a bridge or on the edge of the cliff, getting the driver stun thing you mentioned. Tank drives off the cliff or bridge automatically.

Nope.

shinjiprofile #3 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 09:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 16046 battles
  • [B-O-W] B-O-W
Assuming the tank gets hit while moving and he happens to be crossing the bridge, hits the drivers hatch or near it get the effects and fall to his doom. for starters the only thing you can do is to either stop or cope with the temporary changes on the control, Either way Props for the arty if he hits a moving target.

Edited by shinjiprofile, Feb 11 2017 - 12:50.

TheAngelOfRoses #4 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 09:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2624 battles
In all honesty i wouldnt make the driver turn left vs right.

If anything Id say:

-Driver: Makes movement sluggish, almost act as if theres a bit of input lag on the movement apart from stopping.
-Gunner: Makes the screen a tad fuzzy and disoriented, accuracy drops
-Radio Operator: May inhibit the ability to use radio functions for a period of time
-Commander: Greatly reduces spotting radius and Commander bonus
-Loader: Makes Loading a bit more sluggish, but not by like 50% or anything absurd like that 

Have the effects gradually wear off.

So say if you lose 120m view range from the impact, the effect lasts for 10s, After about 3-5s the effect gradually wears off. So by the time 8s passes you're only down by 40m view range or something till you get out of the recovery. Same goes for Drivers, the input lag effect starts to shorten, driving becomes more on point. Radio operator can begin communicating with nearby tanks again then gradually farther ones. Gunner will have accuracy and clearness gradually improve, Loader can start to load faster again.

I dont like the idea of accidentally loading the wrong shell per se, as that would be a tad frustrating.

However the Stun mechanic is going to start a mob if it hits live IMO. Arty is annoying. But its best use is to dig up people who are dug in deep or just troll shotting random people. With this, people are going to get locked beneath cover in fear for any arty that stuns them in the open to just get ripped apart by a team instead.

Yeah it encourages team work, but it punishes any mistake you make with a competent arty on the enemy team that knows how to click. The second a tank peeks out, they get stunned and sniped to death. At least: Thats how I think it will go. But what do i know i barely have 3k games :harp:

shinjiprofile #5 Posted Feb 11 2017 - 12:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 16046 battles
  • [B-O-W] B-O-W

View PostTheAngelOfRoses, on Feb 11 2017 - 11:31, said:

In all honesty i wouldnt make the driver turn left vs right.

If anything Id say:

-Driver: Makes movement sluggish, almost act as if theres a bit of input lag on the movement apart from stopping.
-Gunner: Makes the screen a tad fuzzy and disoriented, accuracy drops
-Radio Operator: May inhibit the ability to use radio functions for a period of time
-Commander: Greatly reduces spotting radius and Commander bonus
-Loader: Makes Loading a bit more sluggish, but not by like 50% or anything absurd like that 

Have the effects gradually wear off.

So say if you lose 120m view range from the impact, the effect lasts for 10s, After about 3-5s the effect gradually wears off. So by the time 8s passes you're only down by 40m view range or something till you get out of the recovery. Same goes for Drivers, the input lag effect starts to shorten, driving becomes more on point. Radio operator can begin communicating with nearby tanks again then gradually farther ones. Gunner will have accuracy and clearness gradually improve, Loader can start to load faster again.

I dont like the idea of accidentally loading the wrong shell per se, as that would be a tad frustrating.

However the Stun mechanic is going to start a mob if it hits live IMO. Arty is annoying. But its best use is to dig up people who are dug in deep or just troll shotting random people. With this, people are going to get locked beneath cover in fear for any arty that stuns them in the open to just get ripped apart by a team instead.

Yeah it encourages team work, but it punishes any mistake you make with a competent arty on the enemy team that knows how to click. The second a tank peeks out, they get stunned and sniped to death. At least: Thats how I think it will go. But what do i know i barely have 3k games :harp:

Wow with just 3k games you revised my idea to a whole new level! this is what arty should be and I'm not even arty player. this concept should work well than the stun mechanics that they're proposing on the sandbox. Yes finally some noticed too that the stun will just make a pirana out of a player in him, I keep imagining that when someone gets stun by arty the whole team drops everything they do and shoot the poor fella(specially if the unlucky one is not even moving nor even shooting back) kinda like whats happening right now when someone gets de-tracked at least when you are de-tracked you can still fire your gun.

+1 for this

Edited by shinjiprofile, Feb 11 2017 - 12:49.

Sgt_WarDaddy #6 Posted Feb 14 2017 - 15:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 36233 battles
  • [SLFG] SLFG

I have played over 32K games and tankers hate ARTY and I doubt there is ANYTHING you can do to make them, NOT hate arty.  Personally I love ARTY, of all the tanks, they are my favorite.  They actually take the most skill to use, since you have to think about where you have to aim, and even then, you still are not guaranteed a hit.  RNG will ruin your day.  Actually that is the main thing that needs to be changed.  RNG!  The player skill, added to their tank crew skill hits the other tank or they don't.  The Gun then either can pen the armor of the other tank or it can't.  The only place RNG could possibly have a use is to determine the amount of damage inflicted.  Adding smoke, star shells, etc.  is all bells ans whistles and if ARTY players get some xp for them, great, but why then work your tails off for the higher tier ARTY, when the amount of dam they can do is not much more than lower tier ARTY?  I here this constant [edited]about, I hate being 1-shot by ARTY!  Why does no-one care that ARTY gets 1-shot all the time, you hear us whining?  We are players/tankers too and we have a much slower rate of fire than these whinnie tankers, plus we can't even spot our own targets, or they vanish before we can sight in, or they are taken out before we can sight-in.  It just goes with playing ARTY. Things that ARTY does need a crew skills/perks especially for ARTY, tanker skills/perks for the most part don't work for ARTY.  Plus when ARTY goes into shotgun mode, let their sights zero in in 3 secs, give them a chance to defend themselves.  I have played a several games on the Sandbox server now and I found that the quality of the players is no different than on the public servers.  You have jerks on both.  I love that I get to play tanks I don't have in my garage yet and will leave feedback about them.  I love the Bat-Chat 155-58.

Thumper1313 #7 Posted Feb 20 2017 - 19:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 34054 battles

Here is a new possibility for artillery: Instead of having only artillery as it is now in the game (no stunning), or only the stunning effect, why not have both in the game at the same time.

• Either let the arty player choose which mode he would like to play before entering battle, or
  • let a random generator choose which mode the arty player will have, after he is in battle.

So, you could have both one arty with the stunning effect and one arty without the stunning effect in the same match. Or they could both have the same effect in the same match.

Just an idea.

Pay__2__Win #8 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 01:41

Captain

• Players
  • 13655 battles
  • [T_R_U] T_R_U
Stun is a dumb idea

str33tzk1ng #9 Posted Apr 03 2017 - 14:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 15968 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postxx_Skull_xx, on Apr 02 2017 - 19:41, said:

Stun is a dumb idea

Artillery Is a dumb Idea

View PostSgt_WarDaddy, on Feb 14 2017 - 09:33, said:

I have played over 32K games and tankers hate ARTY and I doubt there is ANYTHING you can do to make them, NOT hate arty.  Personally I love ARTY, of all the tanks, they are my favorite.  They actually take the most skill to use, since you have to think about where you have to aim, and even then, you still are not guaranteed a hit.  RNG will ruin your day.  Actually that is the main thing that needs to be changed.  RNG!  The player skill, added to their tank crew skill hits the other tank or they don't.  The Gun then either can pen the armor of the other tank or it can't.  The only place RNG could possibly have a use is to determine the amount of damage inflicted.  Adding smoke, star shells, etc.  is all bells ans whistles and if ARTY players get some xp for them, great, but why then work your tails off for the higher tier ARTY, when the amount of dam they can do is not much more than lower tier ARTY?  I here this constant [edited]about, I hate being 1-shot by ARTY!  Why does no-one care that ARTY gets 1-shot all the time, you hear us whining?  We are players/tankers too and we have a much slower rate of fire than these whinnie tankers, plus we can't even spot our own targets, or they vanish before we can sight in, or they are taken out before we can sight-in.  It just goes with playing ARTY. Things that ARTY does need a crew skills/perks especially for ARTY, tanker skills/perks for the most part don't work for ARTY.  Plus when ARTY goes into shotgun mode, let their sights zero in in 3 secs, give them a chance to defend themselves.  I have played a several games on the Sandbox server now and I found that the quality of the players is no different than on the public servers.  You have jerks on both.  I love that I get to play tanks I don't have in my garage yet and will leave feedback about them.  I love the Bat-Chat 155-58.

Artillery is a support class. SUPPORT. Support tanks are not meant to be alive very long if fired upon. With a support tank you can theoretically single handedly control a battle. Scouts can light everything without ever getting spotted and can basically hold a push as long as the team fires. This is why light tanks are strong. Not because of the gun or the speed. No because of the eyes. Arty is cancerous and unfriendly to the way this game was built. You say it requires skill and to a degree I don't disagree. It takes skill to play this game as a whole and do well. The biggest problem of all with arty is the ability to get shots on targets who are in cover from every other tank firing at them. And that was the original reason arty was implemented. To force those camping behind cover out. But the problem occured when they enabled arty to one shot tanks. Now Idk how long you've been playing this new arty change but I was on the sandbox and lemme tell yah it works. For now. ish. Heavily armored tanks can for the most part shrug off the biggest arty guns with minimal or much less damage than before. The stun effect enables arty to support that much more without ruining the game and letting rng dictate the battle. In my opinion arty should be 100% removed because it seriously dicatates battles. Even in the current test server iteration. Also big gun arty still 1 shot lightly armored tanks. And now they have more accuracy and better reload so honestly you have no right to complain. The only way arty gets better is if it's removed.

Edited by str33tzk1ng, Apr 03 2017 - 14:57.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users