Premium ammo seems to be the problem most players want fixed.

Premind ammo

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Allan_290 #1 Posted Feb 12 2017 - 07:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13941 battles
  • [PRD] PRD

So reading over the forums for nearly a year now i've noted the reoccurring topic of dislike for premium rounds. The fact is that these gold rounds to have an equalizing effect on the game but not in a positive way, at least in my opinion. The problems I think it causes are (1) it let's a player get by with out learning game mechanics and weak spots (2) the players who have learned to angle armor and shoot weak spots have their skill negated by inferior players like myself (3) and i'm speaking from experience here gold rounds are addictive, I hate to bounce shots. However this comes at an expense to both me and my opponent because it did him little good to learn to hide his weak spots and for me it slows down my ability to use credits for other things like module research. 

Armour depend tanks and tds like the Super Pershing are left defenseless to gold spamming making them less than entertaining to play.

I've seen a lot of post calling for an end to premium rounds but that would turn away newer players and less skilled players and make rarely seen vehicles overpowered. 

I do feel however, that changing the dynamics of the rounds might help. If a person is willing to pay the premium price for ammo and it increases their penatation it should in turn decrease their alpha damage. This would increase a players desire to learn weak spots and mechanics while reducing the addiction to gold rounds.

Just my two cents.

TankNoob1960 #2 Posted Feb 12 2017 - 07:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21783 battles

Not for me, I never use it...

Never spent one red cent on this game...

Never will.

Carry On,

Gunny

Edited by TankNoob1960, Feb 12 2017 - 07:12.

Demonic_Angel_of_Death #3 Posted Feb 12 2017 - 07:10

Major

• Players
  • 2142 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON
Actually Arty is what Players want fixed, Premium Ammo a close second, and since arty is getting fixed, that will become the next big thing we want fixed...

_DangerNoodle #4 Posted Feb 12 2017 - 07:13

Major

• Players
  • 15869 battles
No it's not, it's arty and more maps

diesel__1 #5 Posted Feb 12 2017 - 07:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 7909 battles
I've used it a few times but don't have it loaded any more.  I do what I can with the standard round of the tank.  It may mean luckier shots, more precise aiming...but it's just as fun.

Allan_290 #6 Posted Feb 12 2017 - 07:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13941 battles
  • [PRD] PRD

Can not disagree about needing more maps.

Gunadie #7 Posted Feb 12 2017 - 08:26

Major

• Players
  • 35885 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostAllan_290, on Feb 11 2017 - 22:07, said:

So reading over the forums for nearly a year now i've noted the reoccurring topic of dislike for premium rounds. The fact is that these gold rounds to have an equalizing effect on the game but not in a positive way, at least in my opinion. The problems I think it causes are (1) it let's a player get by with out learning game mechanics and weak spots (2) the players who have learned to angle armor and shoot weak spots have their skill negated by inferior players like myself (3) and i'm speaking from experience here gold rounds are addictive, I hate to bounce shots. However this comes at an expense to both me and my opponent because it did him little good to learn to hide his weak spots and for me it slows down my ability to use credits for other things like module research. 

Armour depend tanks and tds like the Super Pershing are left defenseless to gold spamming making them less than entertaining to play.

I've seen a lot of post calling for an end to premium rounds but that would turn away newer players and less skilled players and make rarely seen vehicles overpowered. 

I do feel however, that changing the dynamics of the rounds might help. If a person is willing to pay the premium price for ammo and it increases their penatation it should in turn decrease their alpha damage. This would increase a players desire to learn weak spots and mechanics while reducing the addiction to gold rounds.

Just my two cents.

This is by design.

War gaming wants players to spam gold so the have less credits and are therefore enticed to buy premium tanks and accounts to compensate.

This is their business moto and they are happy that you are commenting on it, as its ..........

"WORKING AS INTENDED!"

Pipinghot #8 Posted Feb 12 2017 - 08:46

Major

• Players
  • 25799 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostAllan_290, on Feb 12 2017 - 01:07, said:

So reading over the forums for nearly a year now i've noted the reoccurring topic of dislike for premium rounds.

This is sooo not true, the single most common complaint is arty. It far exceeds all categories, including premium ammo.

BeastsOfBattle #9 Posted Feb 12 2017 - 08:51

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6851 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Arty is fine... would like to see more and bigger maps.

Ironclad73 #10 Posted Feb 12 2017 - 09:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 16534 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View Post_DangerNoodle, on Feb 11 2017 - 22:13, said:

No it's not, it's arty and more maps

^This.

OP, you're really wrong.  If you actually read the posts you would see that most don't want to get rid of premium ammo.

Over 10K battles in 1 year, when did you get time to read the forums?

Edited by Ironclad73, Feb 12 2017 - 09:40.

Gunadie #11 Posted Feb 12 2017 - 09:14

Major

• Players
  • 35885 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostIronclad73, on Feb 12 2017 - 00:08, said:

^This.

OP, you're really wrong.  If you actually read the posts you would see that most don't want to get rid of premium ammo.

No, they just want their armor on heavies to be effective again as it should be.

Those that don't are medium runners that are more than content to be able to negate armors usefulness

and have the high pen ammo to do this.

Unfortunately there is a benefit for some classes and a detriment to others by this arrangement

War Gaming says there's a fix coming but I'll believe it when I see it in action 

Ironclad73 #12 Posted Feb 12 2017 - 09:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 16534 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostGunadie, on Feb 12 2017 - 00:14, said:

No, they just want their armor on heavies to be effective again as it should be.  IT NEVER HAS BEEN.

Those that don't are medium runners that are more than content to be able to negate armors usefulness

and have the high pen ammo to do this.

Unfortunately there is a benefit for some classes and a detriment to others by this arrangement

War Gaming says there's a fix coming but I'll believe it when I see it in action 

If some had their way there would be no TDs, no mediums and no arty. Just heavies brawling without having to worry about being flanked or shot from a distance.

Festung #13 Posted Feb 12 2017 - 10:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31415 battles
I load premium rounds because I usually get blown apart by a tank two tiers higher after firing two rounds. I want SOME damage before I exit the game. If premium rounds are reduced in penetration and/or damage, I'd end up hiding more often. Taking away premium rounds is taking away my chance to survive.

70K #14 Posted Feb 12 2017 - 10:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 1914 battles
  • [PRAMO] PRAMO

Premium rounds exist in a spectrum. I don't think you can say they're always OP or always balanced. For instance, if an T-62A is safely entrenched in a hull down spot, masterfully using his armor, arty safe, etc. then prammo spammo is really the only way you can eliminate him without using up every single round of ammo you have praying you'll hit a one-pixel wide weakspot. Not all tanks have weakspots you can just "aim at" and do fine with standard ammo. On the other hand, it does seem a little unfair to an E 100 who is just trying to hold a corridor but is getting mercilessly HEAT spammed in the face by half of the enemy team.

Taking either extreme for gold ammo is just a little too much. Yes, it does present a problem for the armor meta today, but removing it completely it would also benefit certain tanks hugely and could turn a single hull down Soviet tank into an unstoppable fortress.

For the record, I don't have many PC battles under my belt but there's an identical debate in baby tanks, AKA WoT Blitz, and I think I've played enough Tier 9 and 10 on PC to understand that both platforms are generally in the same boat when it comes to this.

Edited by 70K, Feb 12 2017 - 10:53.

Allan_290 #15 Posted Feb 13 2017 - 04:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13941 battles
  • [PRD] PRD

View PostIronclad73, on Feb 12 2017 - 09:08, said:

^This.

Over 10K battles in 1 year, when did you get time to read the forums?

actually I work full time, have 2 great kids and a wife and I spend about a half hour every night reading post and watching replays. In addition I only go back to the garage about 10 percent of the time before the battle ends. However I am only able to sleep about 3 hours a night because i'm an insomniac. 

I really do think arty needs tweaked but I'm not really an arty player. I prefer mediums and we'll balanced tds.

In my opinion the biggest problem with the game is module damage and crew injuries.  There is way to much of it especially in some tanks, like the jp iv every time it takes a hit bye bye engine. In addition the tanks that allow inferior players to excel are another subject, I'm looking at you OI. These big derp guns that negate armor angles, the kv 2 is another, are worse than arty.

fred_632 #16 Posted Feb 13 2017 - 14:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4133 battles
  • [TBM] TBM

View PostAllan_290, on Feb 13 2017 - 04:38, said:

actually I work full time, have 2 great kids and a wife and I spend about a half hour every night reading post and watching replays. In addition I only go back to the garage about 10 percent of the time before the battle ends. However I am only able to sleep about 3 hours a night because i'm an insomniac. 

I really do think arty needs tweaked but I'm not really an arty player. I prefer mediums and we'll balanced tds.

In my opinion the biggest problem with the game is module damage and crew injuries.  There is way to much of it especially in some tanks, like the jp iv every time it takes a hit bye bye engine. In addition the tanks that allow inferior players to excel are another subject, I'm looking at you OI. These big derp guns that negate armor angles, the kv 2 is another, are worse than arty.

Most of the German tanks get engine damage when shot from the front be it AP of Premium ammo because the engines were placed in front, Try playing the Tiger 1 line you get engine damage almost every battle, it's something you need to learn how to avoid. Like Circonflexes said its not about removing premium ammo or limiting it, they just need to rebalance it in a certain way. There's nothing we can do about premium ammo its there and we need to live with it

Edited by fred_632, Feb 13 2017 - 14:53.

Ares1967 #17 Posted Feb 13 2017 - 15:54

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16537 battles
  • [FLAVA] FLAVA

View Postfred_632, on Feb 13 2017 - 14:51, said:

Most of the German tanks get engine damage when shot from the front be it AP of Premium ammo because the engines were placed in front, Try playing the Tiger 1 line you get engine damage almost every battle,

Actually its the transmission that's in the front. Same for the M4 Sherman based machines and the T1/T4. Same effect but still...

Agreed about the Tiger 1 and derivatives. Multiple engine crits from the front are the norm for mine.

On topic, Premium rounds are fine as is. Many times loading premium almost ensures a hit that would have caused damage using AP turns into a zero damage crit or nothing at all. Looking directly at the ubiquitous IS6 for example. Shoot one in its side at range with heat and do squat more often than not.

Then there's the Comet. Wanna play that in a T9 without premium? Not that premium makes it in any way competitive in T9 but you can occasionally get a pen. I aced the Comet in a T9 where I nearly run out of ammo and had less than 10 pens on a +90% hit percentage. Spent nearly the entire match ridge scouting to get camping TD's to shoot at me. Thank god for Arty that could actually support and spotting damage.

1Bourbon1Scotch1Beer #18 Posted Feb 13 2017 - 16:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 15990 battles

View PostTankNoob1960, on Feb 12 2017 - 06:09, said:

Not for me, I never use it...

Never spent one red cent on this game...

Never will.

Carry On,

Gunny

Pro tip, you can shoot premium rounds without spending any money. The more you know!

TankNoob1960 #19 Posted Feb 13 2017 - 19:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21783 battles

View Post1Bourbon1Scotch1Beer, on Feb 13 2017 - 07:42, said:

Pro tip, you can shoot premium rounds without spending any money. The more you know!

Oh come on... I meant " Silver Credits", not  GREEN money...

(and you know it)

4000 "silver credits" for ONE round of "gold ammo" is hardly worth it, regardless of the anticipated "extra damage"

I have had "gold rounds" bounce just like regular AP does.. so what is the point.

I usually have 2 rounds of "gold ammo" for each tank, but RARELY hit #2 to use them.

I save my silver credits for tanks.. if they have crap guns, and NEED "gold rounds" just to compete,  I get rid of them.

Carry On,

Gunny

Edited by TankNoob1960, Feb 13 2017 - 19:30.

Gunadie #20 Posted Feb 13 2017 - 20:24

Major

• Players
  • 35885 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostTankNoob1960, on Feb 13 2017 - 10:28, said:

Oh come on... I meant " Silver Credits", not  GREEN money...

(and you know it)

4000 "silver credits" for ONE round of "gold ammo" is hardly worth it, regardless of the anticipated "extra damage"

I have had "gold rounds" bounce just like regular AP does.. so what is the point.

I usually have 2 rounds of "gold ammo" for each tank, but RARELY hit #2 to use them.

I save my silver credits for tanks.. if they have crap guns, and NEED "gold rounds" just to compete,  I get rid of them.

Carry On,

Gunny

​Some tanks have regular ammo penetration rates that will not cut it when up against same and higher tier battles.

This is the design of the tank and game by War Shaming and is intentional.

They want you to use premium rounds and encourage it.

Think 4K is expensive for I premium shell? Try the fv215-183

8000 credits for their premium hesh round !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users