Premium ammo seems to be the problem most players want fixed.

Premind ammo

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

TankNoob1960 #21 Posted Feb 13 2017 - 20:47

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17555 battles

View PostGunadie, on Feb 13 2017 - 11:24, said:

​Some tanks have regular ammo penetration rates that will not cut it when up against same and higher tier battles.

This is the design of the tank and game by War Shaming and is intentional.

They want you to use premium rounds and encourage it.

Think 4K is expensive for I premium shell? Try the fv215-183

8000 credits for their premium hesh round !

I get all that, the point is.. when I am bottom tier in any match, I know that my gun will not pen or even dent the top tier tanks I am opposing.

I try to track them, or try to get rid of the lower tier tanks if possible.

My Tiger II supposedly has a great gun, but the stock 88 and the upgrade (#1) 105 is pitiful against all T10's and most T9's.

Only 20,000XP away from the "top gun".. Hope it is worth the grind.

Best Regards,

Gunny

dhb457 #22 Posted Feb 13 2017 - 20:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25219 battles
  • [PPC] PPC

View Postdhb457, on Feb 13 2017 - 19:59, said:

View PostIronclad73, on Feb 12 2017 - 08:39, said:

If some had their way there would be no TDs, no mediums and no arty. Just heavies brawling without having to worry about being flanked or shot from a distance.

Armor on heavies has absolutely been more useful in the past. I recall the days of seeing a Maus on the enemy team and being amazingly glad that arty was in the match, along with some high tier TDs, because not much else could kill one, except actual gold bought premium ammo, which was very spare and not used often.

That said, premium ammo for credits may have been a good business plan for WG, but it has hurt the gameplay, in my opinion. Heavy tanks with good armor did used to mean something. Now a double dab of the 2 key makes them a nice, slow target. In some defense though, tanks that have and rely on armor are not entirely defenseless against premium rounds, but they do have more damage dealt than they probably should, if they are usin their armor well.

View PostIronclad73, on Feb 12 2017 - 08:39, said:

If some had their way there would be no TDs, no mediums and no arty. Just heavies brawling without having to worry about being flanked or shot from a distance.

Armor on heavies has absolutely been more useful in the past. I recall the days of seeing a Maus on the enemy team and being amazingly glad that arty was in the match, along with some high tier TDs, because not much else could kill one, except actual gold bought premium ammo, which was very spare and not used often.

That said, premium ammo for credits may have been a good business plan for WG, but it has hurt the gameplay, in my opinion. Heavy tanks with good armor did used to mean something. Now a double dab of the 2 key makes them a nice, slow target. In some defense though, tanks that have and rely on armor are not entirely defenseless against premium rounds, but they do have more damage dealt to them than they probably should, if they are usin their armor well.

1Bourbon1Scotch1Beer #23 Posted Feb 14 2017 - 17:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 14938 battles

View PostTankNoob1960, on Feb 13 2017 - 19:47, said:

I get all that, the point is.. when I am bottom tier in any match, I know that my gun will not pen or even dent the top tier tanks I am opposing.

I try to track them, or try to get rid of the lower tier tanks if possible.

My Tiger II supposedly has a great gun, but the stock 88 and the upgrade (#1) 105 is pitiful against all T10's and most T9's.

Only 20,000XP away from the "top gun".. Hope it is worth the grind.

Best Regards,

Gunny

You clearly don't get it, sorry. Let's say you're playing a t-54 against an E100 - you either have the choice of bouncing 100% of your shots off of his turret face, or penning nearly 100% of your shots. Your refusal to use the correct ammo choice in this situation is an explicit choice to hinder your performance, and by extension, your team's chances of winning the game.

Edited by 1Bourbon1Scotch1Beer, Feb 14 2017 - 17:32.

TankNoob1960 #24 Posted Feb 14 2017 - 19:12

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17555 battles

View Post1Bourbon1Scotch1Beer, on Feb 14 2017 - 08:32, said:

You clearly don't get it, sorry. Let's say you're playing a t-54 against an E100 - you either have the choice of bouncing 100% of your shots off of his turret face, or penning nearly 100% of your shots. Your refusal to use the correct ammo choice in this situation is an explicit choice to hinder your performance, and by extension, your team's chances of winning the game.

Wow.. "Clearly" YOU don't GET that this is NOT a TEAM GAME and I could CARE LESS about the 14 green piles of pixel crap that I am always matched with. Tired of their nasty messages, tired of their NOT CAPPING, tired of their utter incompetence as tactical "teammates" regardless of tier. YOU go play YOUR game... I will play mine and that usually includes NOT wasting 4000 credits per shell with little or no actual effect on the battle results whatsoever.

You are dismissed,

Gunny

Btw... NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR STATS... Only YOU DO..

Edited by TankNoob1960, Feb 14 2017 - 19:15.

Smooky_Le_chien_husky #25 Posted Feb 17 2017 - 01:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19014 battles
  • [LMFR] LMFR
same annoying and player only shoot apcr for all game is enter . me when i see that i call player killer game  for apcr

KaiserWilhelmShatner #26 Posted Feb 17 2017 - 02:42

Major

• Players
  • 9119 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

Larger maps.  If the map size was significantly enlarged and arty ranged made the same it would partially negate some of my issues with arty.  Arty would have to move to adjust with the changing battle situation.

I do agree that premium round capacity should be limited 15-25% should do fine.

bill_ster #27 Posted Feb 17 2017 - 02:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 17387 battles
  • [-RC-] -RC-

View PostAllan_290, on Feb 12 2017 - 06:07, said:

So reading over the forums for nearly a year now i've noted the reoccurring topic of dislike for premium rounds. The fact is that these gold rounds to have an equalizing effect on the game but not in a positive way, at least in my opinion. The problems I think it causes are (1) it let's a player get by with out learning game mechanics and weak spots (2) the players who have learned to angle armor and shoot weak spots have their skill negated by inferior players like myself (3) and i'm speaking from experience here gold rounds are addictive, I hate to bounce shots. However this comes at an expense to both me and my opponent because it did him little good to learn to hide his weak spots and for me it slows down my ability to use credits for other things like module research. 

Armour depend tanks and tds like the Super Pershing are left defenseless to gold spamming making them less than entertaining to play.

I've seen a lot of post calling for an end to premium rounds but that would turn away newer players and less skilled players and make rarely seen vehicles overpowered. 

I do feel however, that changing the dynamics of the rounds might help. If a person is willing to pay the premium price for ammo and it increases their penatation it should in turn decrease their alpha damage. This would increase a players desire to learn weak spots and mechanics while reducing the addiction to gold rounds.

Just my two cents.

I like the idea. I do also feel that they could just reduce 300+ Heat pen to around 280-290, that in my opinion should help more than accuracy nerfs, etc. 

Not that this feedback is received or matters to WG in any case... 

B00BLEMAX #28 Posted Feb 18 2017 - 00:45

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13633 battles
  • [QSF] QSF
Premium ammo needs to change. It's effecting the way heavies are balanced which raises the overall cost to deal damage. Also,  prem ammo is NOT a game mechanic because it's overall better than standard ammo with little to no drawbacks besides cost. 

GeorgePreddy #29 Posted Feb 18 2017 - 00:54

Major

• Players
  • 14281 battles
  • [L_LEG] L_LEG

Please leave prem ammo alone... it's fine.

Thanks

ErnieWrecker #30 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 04:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4628 battles
  • [AVNGE] AVNGE

If you suck without premium ammo, you'll still suck even when using premium ammo. The players that suck with premium ammo are the ones you see spamming it all over the place. I've lost count the number of times I've seen enemy tanks shooting me in my light tank or open turreted/barely armored TD with premium rounds. I say keep premium ammo as is and let them continue to throw their credits away.

The only time I use premium ammo is if I'm forced to shoot at Heavies or TDs that are heavily armored from the front or, rarely, from a great distance. Even then, its not 100% guaranteed to penetrate all the time. If the option is doable, I'll try to go around and hit them from the side or rear with standard ammo, or better yet, look for a more thin-skinned target while possibly letting someone else on my team with a bigger gun take it out.

If you're complaining about it because you find yourself being repeatedly and consistently penetrated by it in a heavily armored tank, obviously you're doing something wrong. Angle your armor much? :sceptic: You would be surprised what a little angling can do.

CanOfTomatoes #31 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 07:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 15065 battles

View PostDemonic_Angel_of_Death, on Feb 12 2017 - 00:10, said:

since arty is getting fixed, that will become the next big thing we want fixed...

Sorry I broke out laughing at this...really...nope it is not...you will hate it even more soon...

If anything has been made clear to me in the test I was in where Gold ammo was not avaliable, it is that gold ammo is a broken solution, not a problem. Gold ammo gives players ways to counteract failures in game design. Can't pen a tank because the vehicle balancing department thought it was a good idea to make an impenetrable tank with tiny weak spots? load gold. Can't flank a tank because you are funneled to a frontal engagement by the map designers? load gold. Found yourself in a match with tanks that have higher SIDE armor values than your pen? load gold. Some idiot sits side on to you in an E-100 at 400m but you can't pen him because you keep rolling 180 with your 260 pen gun at that range, load HEAT.

This game is simply more broken WITHOUT gold ammo than with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users