Jump to content


E-75 mud flap weakness


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

GSPatton_ #21 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 07:17

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4383 battles
  • 176
  • [THNK2] THNK2
  • Member since:
    04-30-2011
ohhhh cry me a river, my t95s shoulders, hatch and lower hull are the same, get used to it

cxcx831002 #22 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 07:18

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 5571 battles
  • 10
  • [ANV] ANV
  • Member since:
    05-19-2011

View PostKyoji, on Aug 11 2011 - 07:03, said:

So you are like a T34 except only your side and not your front? Want to be MORE OP?

No,heavy tank uses different corner skill.

I usually angle 45-60 degree against the wall, which gives me better chance to bounce enemy shell and hide my lower weak plate.

T-34 usually stick to the wall, because of the speed advantage and front mounted turret. Doing this with E-75 is suicidal.

Hotwired #23 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 07:27

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 20 battles
  • 1,054
  • Member since:
    09-12-2010
Seems to happen a lot this mudflap lark.

The M6A2E1 had a notorious bug with the front of its tracks/mudflaps which meant that any bugger shooting them would damage the tank.

Hah, in fact that was around so long that if I go into a brawl I can guarantee I'll get my tracks shelled to hell even by tanks that have a decent chance of penetrating my frontal armour.

Of course it does now mean a M6 vs M6 fight is a bit iffy, you can risk AP and hope the 198mm penetration shells get lucky on the 191mm armour or go for broke and spam HE.

btmedic04 #24 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 08:23

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 9161 battles
  • 79
  • [CHEK6] CHEK6
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011

View PostGSPatton_, on Aug 11 2011 - 07:17, said:

ohhhh cry me a river, my t95s shoulders, hatch and lower hull are the same, get used to it


any tanks lower hull, commanders cupola or sides can be penetrated with relative ease from a tier or two below said vehicle so your statement is invalid. the point bigcheese is trying to make is that a tank with 160mm on the front plate at what looks to be a 45-50 degree angle (not sure what the slope is) should not be penetrated by a gun with 175mm pen for full hull damage on a part of the vehicle that isnt even part of the hull to begin with. thats like me firing a 100mm shell down the barrel of the gun on your T95 or the AA MG atop an IS7 for full hull damage. i fired 15 rounds at cheeses mudflap with my T44's D10T and 10 of those penetrated causing hull damage and tracking him most of the time. 3 shots just straight up tracked him and 2 bounced. the 76mm M1A2 on my E8 bounced or caused track damage no matter which angle  i tried and the BL-9 on the IS3 penetrated causing hull damage and tracking him 5 out of 8 shots. the other 3 just caused him to be tracked. as it stands, most T6 and above tanks will pen and damage the E-75's mudflaps and thats something thats absolutely horrible to have to deal with on a T9 heavy. we'll have to test and see what the lowest pen gun is required do to the same to the E-50, but i wouldnt be surprised to see something along the lines of a 75mm KwK 42 L/70 being able to punch through.

Aesis #25 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 08:29

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6539 battles
  • 187
  • [PANSY] PANSY
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011
So is this fixed now or what?

btmedic04 #26 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 09:02

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 9161 battles
  • 79
  • [CHEK6] CHEK6
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011
just tested it with the D10T on my T44 again and 3 out of 3 shots penetrated for damage. please devs, fix this absurdity!

Aesis #27 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 09:37

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6539 battles
  • 187
  • [PANSY] PANSY
  • Member since:
    05-08-2011
Well I guess this means I won't be doing corner shots in towns and cities

Belleville #28 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 09:58

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 11 battles
  • 11
  • Member since:
    10-07-2010
at1 vs e75 :facepalmic:



Carlsberg #29 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 10:03

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 8555 battles
  • 310
  • Member since:
    09-21-2010

View PostAlexby, on Aug 11 2011 - 09:58, said:

at1 vs e75 :facepalmic:



try next time with AP shells maybe? :)

but still at-1 doing dmg even with HE is MADNESS :D

scott451 #30 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 10:50

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8444 battles
  • 750
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011
The good news is I was not in a position to buy the E-75 right away from my KT.  My plan was always to grind it out to get my GW Tiger from my GW Panther first (very close to achieving that).  All the while waiting to see what everyone was saying about the E-75.  Whether it was worth the grind from my KT.  Looks like waiting to see how the E-75 does in live game play has paid off.

I'll be damed if I'm going to spend over 3+ million creds plus associated hard earned xp on a T9 tank that can be penned by a T6 or a T7.

FROM THE FRONT!!!!!!!!!!

My expectation would be if I'm in a T9, bouncing any shot fired from a T7 and below if I have my front facing them and especially if I'm angling my armor.

Rear and sides?  Sure.  I can see it.  But from the FRONT?  No way, man.

I understand every vehicle has its weaknesses.  But that is just a bridge too far for me.

Very unfortunate.  But not entirely unexpected.

Garnett101st #31 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 10:53

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 23548 battles
  • 2,213
  • Member since:
    08-05-2010
Of course the developers left this in, It was HEAVILY reported during the test, and they IGNORED it...

AlexologyCh #32 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 10:55

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 4830 battles
  • 298
  • Member since:
    06-02-2011

View Postscott451, on Aug 11 2011 - 10:50, said:

The good news is I was not in a position to buy the E-75 right away from my KT.  My plan was always to grind it out to get my GW Tiger from my GW Panther first (very close to achieving that).  All the while waiting to see what everyone was saying about the E-75.  Whether it was worth the grind from my KT.  Looks like waiting to see how the E-75 does in live game play has paid off.

I'll be damed if I'm going to spend over 3+ million creds plus associated hard earned xp on a T9 tank that can be penned by a T6 or a T7.

FROM THE FRONT!!!!!!!!!!

My expectation would be if I'm in a T9, bouncing any shot fired from a T7 and below if I have my front facing them and especially if I'm angling my armor.

Rear and sides?  Sure.  I can see it.  But from the FRONT?  No way, man.

I understand every vehicle has its weaknesses.  But that is just a bridge too far for me.

Very unfortunate.  But not entirely unexpected.

Quite probably the greatest potential problem with the E-75. It looks good and you work towards it but I am guessing now that this post is up alot of owners are going to be getting irate with the situation as it is at present.

Anything tier 9 should be tough, and a key flaw like this will need to be fixed.

We can only hope that seeing as this problem was already an issue with the Maus (or so they say) that they have some sort of easy fix ready and waiting.

Personally I will grind to the E-75 once I have the E-50 (oh yes please!) and fingers crossed that these teething problems are hammered out by then.

Carlsberg #33 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 10:58

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 8555 battles
  • 310
  • Member since:
    09-21-2010
just wait 2-3 months to get it finalized and rebalanced. every new tank in this game always has its flaws and needs to be rebalanced. remember american tree? lol they were fixing russian/german tank bugs till open beta and they fixed maus mudflaps only on 6.4 if you are so scared of those flaws, just keep your xp and credits and dont buy them,

I bought e-75 immediatly when i launched updated game, without  even thinking, becouse i know i hate vk4502 couse of its rare mounted turret, so there is no other way for me. and i am going to enjoy playing Tiger 2.5 :D

AlexologyCh #34 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 11:06

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 4830 battles
  • 298
  • Member since:
    06-02-2011
In a funny way it is almost like the real deployment of a new tank. It has of course gone through all of the testing and runs on the proving grounds but once in combat a number of key flaws are invariably discovered.

It's like a sick replay of history!

Carlsberg #35 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 11:33

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 8555 battles
  • 310
  • Member since:
    09-21-2010

View PostAlexologyCh, on Aug 11 2011 - 11:06, said:

In a funny way it is almost like the real deployment of a new tank. It has of course gone through all of the testing and runs on the proving grounds but once in combat a number of key flaws are invariably discovered.

It's like a sick replay of history!

100% agree with you :)
it takes time, effort and error to make a perfect mashine

scott451 #36 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 11:34

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8444 battles
  • 750
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostCarlsberg, on Aug 11 2011 - 10:58, said:

just wait 2-3 months to get it finalized and rebalanced. every new tank in this game always has its flaws and needs to be rebalanced. remember american tree? lol they were fixing russian/german tank bugs till open beta and they fixed maus mudflaps only on 6.4 if you are so scared of those flaws, just keep your xp and credits and dont buy them,

I bought e-75 immediatly when i launched updated game, without  even thinking, becouse i know i hate vk4502 couse of its rare mounted turret, so there is no other way for me. and i am going to enjoy playing Tiger 2.5 :D

Sounds great.  I like it.  Hey everyone!  How many of you are willing to wait 2-3 months for a "potential" fix for the mud flap issue on the E-75 in a later version.  Especially if you have already ponied up to buy one.  We have one vote for that.  Anybody else?

My link

You.  In the back.  Could you step a little closer to the microphone, please?

Ok.  Well, looks like the people have spoken.

Carlsberg #37 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 11:41

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 8555 battles
  • 310
  • Member since:
    09-21-2010

View Postscott451, on Aug 11 2011 - 11:34, said:

Sounds great.  I like it.  Hey everyone!  How many of you are willing to wait 2-3 months for a "potential" fix for the mud flap issue on the E-75 in a later version.  Especially if you have already ponied up to buy one.  We have one vote for that.  Anybody else?

well thats how the wg rolls with fixes, youll have to wait and if you dont have patiance then its your own problem :)

scott451 #38 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 12:14

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 8444 battles
  • 750
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostCarlsberg, on Aug 11 2011 - 11:41, said:

well thats how the wg rolls with fixes, youll have to wait and if you dont have patiance then its your own problem :)

You are assuming its a recognized problem at wg and there will be a fix in the offing at some point.

I'm not convinced.  How do you know its not like this by design?

I think it is much more likely the folks at wg have rolled this out knowing about it, as is, and are just waiting to see if the user community will accept it.

There have already been a few posts out here from folks claiming it was reported in testing and nothing was done about it prior to go live.

But, fair enough.

There ARE other options.

Moving on.  :-)

__RNG #39 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 13:17

    First lieutenant

  • WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 43075 battles
  • 746
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    07-21-2010

View PostAlexby, on Aug 11 2011 - 05:28, said:



Spoiler                     



Stug III with the long 75mm (138mm penetration) goes straight through the mud flaps. A tier 5 can penetrate the E-75's front hull.

Leopard with the long 50mm (67mm penetration) goes straight through the ears on the turret. A tier 4 light tank and penetrate the E-75's turret. ._.

That's just sick...

KvotheYSL21 #40 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 13:24

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 13037 battles
  • 69
  • [M3RC] M3RC
  • Member since:
    09-01-2010
Hey Hey now...
Gentlemen...  be careful, flamming equals closed thread and then guess what...  the devs won't see any of what you've said and NO change will EVER be made.  Relax.

In the meantime...  fellow E-75ers:  I like you saved, faught, earned, and slaved so that when the E-75 was brought out I could own it, use it, upgrade it, and enjoy it on release.  I, like you, also exclaimed in joy when I drove it the first time and I, like you, raged when I realized why I was dying faster in my E-75 than in my KT, utilizing similar but of course slightly altered and adjusted tactics.  When any tank, even a slugger, was causing me serious damage from the front no matter the angle or hull position, why IS4's are mopping me up like a dirty stain on the linoleum tiled floor...

So, until this 'fix' comes out, I suggest we do what we've always done my true fellow german tankers...  the tankers that have been around since the days of beta and know the sad history of German tanks in this wonderful yet russian game...

We fight, we learn how to protect our known weakness, and continue f---ing up anyone who tries to stand before us.  And when the fix does come out, we'll be nerfed because we became so good that 3 v 1 we are still coming out on top  :Smile-izmena::Smile-izmena::Smile-izmena:




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users