E-75 mud flap weakness

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

_Jack_Reacher #41 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 13:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31998 battles
Please dear god no.. it already has a glaring weak spot this is just more icing on the cake of misfortune.

AlexologyCh #42 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 15:43

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4830 battles

View Postscott451, on Aug 11 2011 - 12:14, said:

You are assuming its a recognized problem at wg and there will be a fix in the offing at some point.

I'm not convinced.  How do you know its not like this by design?

I think it is much more likely the folks at wg have rolled this out knowing about it, as is, and are just waiting to see if the user community will accept it.

There have already been a few posts out here from folks claiming it was reported in testing and nothing was done about it prior to go live.

But, fair enough.

There ARE other options.

Moving on.  :-)

As with all of the other issues, they require time and they require pressure. Its frustrating yes but at the end of the day that is what the forums are for. If WG does not already know or accept that this is an issue then that is why we come to the forums to inform them and to suggest reasonable alterations that could be made. If they knew about the flaws and still rolled it out I am still happy as I prefer to be part of the solution then to have to wait for an extra month to get the patch at all.

View PostKvotheYSL21, on Aug 11 2011 - 13:24, said:

Hey Hey now...
Gentlemen...  be careful, flamming equals closed thread and then guess what...  the devs won't see any of what you've said and NO change will EVER be made.  Relax.

In the meantime...  fellow E-75ers:  I like you saved, faught, earned, and slaved so that when the E-75 was brought out I could own it, use it, upgrade it, and enjoy it on release.  I, like you, also exclaimed in joy when I drove it the first time and I, like you, raged when I realized why I was dying faster in my E-75 than in my KT, utilizing similar but of course slightly altered and adjusted tactics.  When any tank, even a slugger, was causing me serious damage from the front no matter the angle or hull position, why IS4's are mopping me up like a dirty stain on the linoleum tiled floor...

So, until this 'fix' comes out, I suggest we do what we've always done my true fellow german tankers...  the tankers that have been around since the days of beta and know the sad history of German tanks in this wonderful yet russian game...

We fight, we learn how to protect our known weakness, and continue f---ing up anyone who tries to stand before us.  And when the fix does come out, we'll be nerfed because we became so good that 3 v 1 we are still coming out on top  :Smile-izmena::Smile-izmena::Smile-izmena:

This was a major +1 from me, hell I'd give you more if I could! I love to see this type of attitude displayed in the forums and in the game. Adapt and improve, we are all in this together. (except the enemy...)

Bravo Sir!

Lophat #43 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 15:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 61392 battles
ok c'mon kids.  if you see someone targeting your flaps all you have to do is flick your hull and they will either miss completely or bounce off you're awesome upper armor.  not to mention you can always face hug.

Drseckzytime #44 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 16:09

Major

• Players
  • 16120 battles
  • [PBLRD] PBLRD

View Postscott451, on Aug 11 2011 - 12:14, said:

There have already been a few posts out here from folks claiming it was reported in testing and nothing was done about it prior to go live.

Oh, it was heavily reported.  I even did pics myself of it, and I saw it posted on the EU and RU forums.  They said they weren't aware of it and that no such problem exists on their end, and then we flooded them with pictures.

AlexologyCh #45 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 16:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4830 battles

View PostLophat, on Aug 11 2011 - 15:59, said:

ok c'mon kids.  if you see someone targeting your flaps all you have to do is flick your hull and they will either miss completely or bounce off you're awesome upper armor.  not to mention you can always face hug.

Well not having used this tank as yet I cant say whether this is a real solution however I doubt it would in fact be that simple. The range of tanks that can penetrate and damage you by targeting this area speaks for itself.

scott451 #46 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 16:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8444 battles

View PostAlexologyCh, on Aug 11 2011 - 15:43, said:

As with all of the other issues, they require time and they require pressure. Its frustrating yes but at the end of the day that is what the forums are for. If WG does not already know or accept that this is an issue then that is why we come to the forums to inform them and to suggest reasonable alterations that could be made. If they knew about the flaws and still rolled it out I am still happy as I prefer to be part of the solution then to have to wait for an extra month to get the patch at all.

This was a major +1 from me, hell I'd give you more if I could! I love to see this type of attitude displayed in the forums and in the game. Adapt and improve, we are all in this together. (except the enemy...)

Bravo Sir!

You've GOT to be kidding me........???

Ok.  Let's get real.  

Look.  Your time and money may not be a valuable commodity to you.  I don't know that one way or the other.  But my time and money are very valuable to me.  I work very hard for both.

I have a premium account.  And I use gold occasionally when I feel like I need too for various reasons.

If I'm going to spend any of that at all, its going to be on a quality product I know I can rely on.  Right out of the box.  Especially at the expensive higher tiers.

Not on some T9 that can be penned from the front by a T6 or a T7.  I mean, LOL!!!!!!!

That is just not going to happen.

If they fix the problems with the tank one day, who knows.  Maybe.

But kudos to you anyway, man.  You're a real trooper.

All the Best.

AlexologyCh #47 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 16:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4830 battles
If you don't want to use the tank until they get the problems sorted out then don't. But you can't expect all of these new tanks to be flawless out of the box as you put it. There are too many variables to take into account.

If my previous statements gave you a chuckle then so be it but why not come and join us here while we try to get these things fixed, or would you prefer to leave it as it is?

Wolfrum #48 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 17:04

Captain

• Players
  • 16572 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I think mudflaps have always been to a greater or lesser degree a problem. Hopefully it gets addressed sooner rather than later.

-Wolf

Charlex #49 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 17:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 0 battles
  • [TLGS] TLGS

View PostAlexologyCh, on Aug 11 2011 - 16:53, said:

If you don't want to use the tank until they get the problems sorted out then don't. But you can't expect all of these new tanks to be flawless out of the box as you put it. There are too many variables to take into account.

If my previous statements gave you a chuckle then so be it but why not come and join us here while we try to get these things fixed, or would you prefer to leave it as it is?

We can't expect that?? Why not?? Why did we have 3 test trials and the least tried (the third) and most flawed was the one that made it to the public??

AlexologyCh #50 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 17:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4830 battles
Would that this error had been repaired before the release are you telling me that you think there would not be some sort of other problem? And assuming that this were the case would this same discussion not be taking place under a heading such as:

E-100 ****** (insert random word here) weakness?

I am not disagreeing that it would have been better to have had this issue repaired but there are always problems of one sort or another. Arguably these tanks are still being tested.

jtwatsn #51 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 17:29

Private

• Players
  • 7651 battles

View PostAlexologyCh, on Aug 11 2011 - 16:53, said:

I think some of you are missing the point.  Getting these flawed tanks, knowing they are flawed, does not send a message of discontent.  It condones WOT not listening to their user community, their customers.  Many voiced these issues in the test servers.  Obviously, it didn't matter to the devs or we wouldn't have this kind of product being delivered.  Refusing to get these tanks period will send a bigger message that we will not accept mediocrity.

Kyoji #52 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 17:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6834 battles
The IS-4 had the super vulnerable driver hatch that was easy to hit. I guess it's mudflaps for the E-75's. Either way the E-75's are what the IS-4's used to be when they get bumped to T10 which is funny because they got bumped for being OP, but the E-75 is probably on par, better, or a small bit worse than the IS-4. Either way it's close.

AlexologyCh #53 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 17:34

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4830 battles

View Postjtwatsn, on Aug 11 2011 - 17:29, said:

I think some of you are missing the point.  Getting these flawed tanks, knowing they are flawed, does not send a message of discontent.  It condones WOT not listening to their user community, their customers.  Many voiced these issues in the test servers.  Obviously, it didn't matter to the devs or we wouldn't have this kind of product being delivered.  Refusing to get these tanks period will send a bigger message that we will not accept mediocrity.

I can see your point and there is no doubt that topics such as this will turn many people off the tank. Having not yet bought the tank and also having not been involved in the test server it is all news to me.

However it is only one in a long line of tanks that has been tinkered with, up or down tiered etc. They will fix it, lets hope that enough people use it so that its flaws can be made clear (or perhaps clearer?).

Lophat #54 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 17:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 61392 battles

View PostAlexologyCh, on Aug 11 2011 - 16:09, said:

Well not having used this tank as yet I cant say whether this is a real solution however I doubt it would in fact be that simple. The range of tanks that can penetrate and damage you by targeting this area speaks for itself.

i have 6 steel walls in my first 22 matches.  this is a solution you should already know for all tanks by the time you get to this level.  anytime you see someone zeroing in on one of your weak spots (all tanks have em) you should be twisting your hull so they can't hit em.  i'm astounded at the number of dimwits in this game that will just sit there and let someone repeatedly penn their weak spot without doing a damn thing to stop it.  i guess they need to keep one hand free for their beer (or something else we don't want to discuss).   :blink:

the_moidart #55 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 18:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 30486 battles
Yay, a weak spot.

Cheer up, at least you have to be at close range to hit it, or be using a high accuracy vehicle. The IS-3 and T-44 you tested with would not win a duel at range.

scott451 #56 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 19:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 8444 battles
Fyi.  Here is a different perspective on the E-75.  

From the Soviet Heavy Forum when someone asked how to kill the new "E" series heavy tanks:

"Well with the E-75 I haven't been having too much issue with them in my IS-4. They have a mudflap type of weakness on their frontal armor that covers there tracks which can damage them. Also I have had success in penetrating the frontal turret next to the cannons. Not the mantle itself but the armor beside it. Have also had success penetrating the rear part of the turret as well."

And more:

"Still lower glacial or do what tankers did traditionally to german tanks; move around and flank them. But instead you have this 'shoot me here' sign in the front that will be penetrated 9/10 times."

I am not going to say a word.  The words above speak for themselves.

evanb90 #57 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 19:23

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 17908 battles
Yesterday I was never hit here over 15 games, but I can see it becoming an extremely popular place to shoot now, with threads like this promoting it.

I don't typically subscribe to the OMG DEV BIAS conspiracy BS, I do subscribe to the notion it will take at least 3 months to fix this and we will have to deal with multiple refutations by various developers saying that it would in fact cause damage, until they become mysteriously silent when the next patch is released fixing it. (kinda like with the Maus mudguards and mantlet, King Tiger mantlet- read posts by Overlord and translator posts of Serb and Storm on these subjects)

Quite a shame given how extremely weak these flaps seem to be.

SFR_Orion126 #58 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 19:53

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 11590 battles
That is a pretty flagrant weakness.  I'm not even a German tank driver and I think it's bad.

Needless to say I'll be using it to my advantage.

Fazar #59 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 20:03

Major

• Players
  • 13593 battles
  • [PBKAC] PBKAC
Why arent people complaining about the massive machine gun turret weakness and imbalance of the KV-5?

The E-75 isn't even in the 'armour' line of German tanks, it's the fire power one.  Well regardless, I still need to play it more to see all of it's strengths to really make a proper call.  It could very well be a glaring weakness, or it could literally be the balance point for it.

Silethe #60 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 20:08

Corporal

• Players
  • 17151 battles
The mud flaps are an obvious weakness, but I think we should also be concerned about the apparent gaping hole in the gun mantlet. I have yet to finish a game without the gun being taken out at least once. For the most part, it gets taken out, repair kit'd, and then taken out again. Losing the gun has always been the rarest of issues during gameplay (for me), now it is the single-most common event with the E-75.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users