Mods/Modpacks...

mod modpack the hell? what WOT help

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

ExclamationMarx #1 Posted Feb 22 2017 - 17:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1595 battles

I'm hearing a lot of stuff lately about legal and illegal mods, and I'm an XVM user myself (Though I turn player stats off to prevent toxicity for myself at least) and have been hearing a lot about "Aslain's Modpack"...

I was wondering what are the big mods/modpacks that are illegal and what are the useful "Legal" mods and what do they do?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by ExclamationMarx, Feb 22 2017 - 17:48.

Dhizi #2 Posted Feb 22 2017 - 17:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4301 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

Illegal modifications = anything that brings an unfair advantage to you, such as being informed of knocked-down or destroyed terrain, ghost-models at last-seen locations, tracer lines from gunfire, and so on.

Legal = anything that doesn't bring an advantage to you. Different reticle designs, skin mods (that aren't showing the hit-models blatantly), voice and sound-packs, Safe-shot mods and stuff of that nature.

GeorgePreddy #3 Posted Feb 22 2017 - 17:53

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

You only need to know about the legal ones.

Aslain's is good.

Odem Mortis was good but is folding their tent.

holdmecloserTonyDanza #4 Posted Feb 22 2017 - 17:55

Major

• Players
  • 65791 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
Aslain's has tried very hard to be compliant with the 'fair play' policy and has even removed mods from his pack that were borderline, or even ruled to be illegal after not being so for many patches.  The biggest issue is that it's illegal if wargaming decides it is.  and frankly you will have no way to dispute it if they decide that something you are running is illegal because they won't even tell you which one they banned you for.  it's draconian at best.  so the only way to be 100% safe is to run vanilla.  

kebab6597 #5 Posted Feb 22 2017 - 17:58

Major

• Players
  • 56979 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

I have used OldSkools ProMod for well over 5 years now he is allways up to date on patch day his mod pack works perfectly and he never has illegal mods in his pack

I do try the other mod pack but I keep going back to ProMod its got everything you need without all the fluff the other mod packs have

Doc_Ebs #6 Posted Feb 22 2017 - 18:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 18840 battles
  • [MAWG] MAWG
Some mods I run are the Arty battle assistant. It gives a better view angle to see what obstructions are in the way. I run the reload call for my platoon mates and puppies that might care if I go into a reload on an autoloader. I used to run hit skins. It is OK but I never cared for how it made the game look. But for a patch or two it can help improve your game play if you don't know weak spots. Other than that I run a few odds and ends sound mods and the like.

Mokoma #7 Posted Feb 22 2017 - 19:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 14734 battles
I've always used aslain, and I've always been very happy with it. He's super quick to update it after a patch, and very careful about mods that are even borderline.

Aslain #8 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 02:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 88 battles

Well, I'm not going anywhere like OMC, my modpack will be available for long time, I will be there for you, send me a list of what mods from OMC you would like to see in my modpack, and I will try do my best. (I don't create sound/crew voice mods tho, so it's dependand on their authors).

(it's a copy of my reply to already similar topic here)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users