How do you set up Your crew?

crew 104 crew mastery

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

_Laserguided_ #41 Posted Feb 25 2017 - 21:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23608 battles

Invaluable information... Rather long, but worth the read.

Spoiler

SRudolf #42 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 02:52

Private

• -Players-
  • 13608 battles

Edited by SRudolf, Feb 26 2017 - 02:54.

Tazilon #43 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 03:33

Major

• Players
  • 84628 battles
  • [-40-] -40-

SCOUTS:

My first 4:

CO: 1) Camo (trade for 6th Sense when done), 2) Camo, 3) BIA*, 4) Recon

DRIVER: 1) Camo, 2) Off Road Driving or Smooth Ride depending on the tank, 3) BIA*, 4) Clutch Braking, Off Road Driving, or Smooth Ride depending on the tank

GUNNER: 1) Camo, 2) Designated Target, Snap Shot or Deadeye, 3) BIA*, 4) Designated Target, Snap Shot or Deadeye depending on the tank

RO:  1) Camo, 2) Situational Awareness, 3) BIA*, 4)Repairs

LOADER: 1) Camo, 2) Safe Stowage, 3) BIA*, 4) Intuition

*  I train the next SKILL, then switch to BIA when 100%.  If the next up is a perk, I train Repairs, then switch when 100%.

KenWyns #44 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 08:56

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22695 battles

Why so little use of Mentor if the whole issue is training crew fastest way?  :popcorn:

It builds with experience & once hits 100%, swap it for 6th or BIA or Recon & then start building Mentor again.

Tazilon #45 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 15:04

Major

• Players
  • 84628 battles
  • [-40-] -40-

View PostKenWyns, on Feb 28 2017 - 01:56, said:

Why so little use of Mentor if the whole issue is training crew fastest way?  :popcorn:

It builds with experience & once hits 100%, swap it for 6th or BIA or Recon & then start building Mentor again.

Your CO has many of the best skills to get.   Mentor is not one of them as it does not directly impact your performance on the battlefield.  Early on in your crew growth, Mentor does very little to help you along; skills already come pretty fast. 

Tazilon #46 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 15:19

Major

• Players
  • 84628 battles
  • [-40-] -40-

View Postplay4funz, on Feb 22 2017 - 11:59, said:

I'm just planning to put everything on everyone... and I'm getting closer.

Nice crew but - NOOB!  :P

This crew started off as a 50% Basic Training crew when I first bought my VK 28.01 and has never been on any other tank.  I only have 2 skills left; both are at 82% completion:  Mentor for my CO and Firefighting for my Driver.

Ante_Mortem #47 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 16:26

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17450 battles
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO

This depends on class:

Mediums/Lights usually get Camo first and I retrain them onto 6th sense ASAP.  Once they have that I focus on Gunnery and VR perks/skills. 

Hvys: Start on repairs unless their VR is high for a hvy, e.g. VK.45.03 which I put Situational Awareness and Recon on after getting 6th.  After they get their first perk I evaluate my play style and sometimes retrain for 6th and Safe Stowage.  After that they start getting gunnery skills.

TDs, Camo/6th/VR basically the same as the mediums and lights but I don't emphasize the gunnery perks as much as Deadeye and utility perks like that.

Arty:  I only have 1 arty, the FV304 which I have BIA, Camo, 6th and some gunnery skills on. 

I usually retrain the 2nd perk on a tank to BIA and begin training on whatever skill they had been working on previously.  Rollback.

Oagr_19D30 #48 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 18:18

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11805 battles
  • [LDZP] LDZP

View PostKenWyns, on Feb 27 2017 - 23:56, said:

I use mentor in my non female / free BIA crew (Cromwell B, Rudy, etc).  I made it a point to put either female or free BIA crews in the primary tanks I play, so I don't use mentor in those main tanks, as those crews have a significant advantage in crew skills/perks already.

Asassian7 #49 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 08:21

Major

• Players
  • 21976 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

This is what I do for basically all tanks:

First: repairs. Drop for sixth sense at 100%
Second: gun handling (Snap shot, smooth ride, safe stowage, repairs on commander) - except lights where I do camo.

Third: Camo (or lights where its gun handling)

Fourth: BIA, possibly drop Camo for BIA and retrain camo depending on the tank (heavies mainly) or useful skills for that tank I can train to 100% before dropping for BIA

5th: the skills I just dropped for BIA usually. (Depending on the tank, these skills may also be the third skill on heavy tanks that I train to drop for BIA, in which case camo goes here)

6th: whatever is left thats a skill that might be useful.

Further fine tuning done based on the tank, its role, and how I play it. 

Gaga_Boo_Goo #50 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 12:09

Private

• -Players-
  • 21183 battles
  • [B0H] B0H

Lights, 6th sense, camo. sit awareness, recon and repairs. Not sure the value of BIA since I get vents.

Arty, I don't like playing them much but only for campaigns, I usually don't assign skills so when I transfer them later to TDs I can assign them; skills vary for the two. Only one I tried was snap shot and camo but latter was useless

TDs: I only play thick armored German TDs, always take 6th sense and repairs. BIA later

Heavies, so far only have one crew with 1st skill

Mediums: 6th, camo and repairs so far.

Da_Mangler #51 Posted Mar 09 2017 - 21:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12173 battles
  • [-RC-] -RC-

When considering the permanently held skill/perk I do as noted below

Heavy Tanks and Medium Tanks

Commander - 6th, BIA, Repairs, Recon, whatever

Gunner - Designated Target, BIA, Snap Shot, Repairs, whatever

Driver - Preventative Maintenance, BIA, Repairs, Smooth Ride, whatever

Radio - Situational Awareness, BIA, Repairs, whatever

Loader - Safe Stowage, BIA, Repairs, Adrenaline Rush, whatever

Tank Destroyers and Light Tanks

Commander - 6th, BIA, Camo, Recon, whatever

Gunner - Designated Target, BIA, Camo, Snap Shot, whatever

Driver - Preventative Maintenance, BIA, Camo, whatever

Radio - Situational Awareness, BIA, Camo, whatever

Loader - Safe Stowage, BIA, Camo, whatever

SPG - all crew

BIA, Camo, whatever

AMSRocker #52 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 08:32

Major

• Players
  • 33633 battles
  • [SPRAY] SPRAY

I start out with the basic skills across the board.

Depending on the tanks needs I'll pick the skills. TD's as most of them need to turn the entire tank to fire the driver will always get Clutch Braking first off. Then I will pick Repairs.

Gunners I like to have Snap Shot right off the bat. This helps out a lot. The rest I'll just roll with repairs.

After I get into my 2nd skill by 50% I'll use credits and the 90% option and retrain the crew to 100% Brothers in Arms. Then once more pick skills for the tanks needs. TD drivers will once more get Clutch Braking. Commanders will get Sixth Sense at this time. Yes I know that it is a Perk and not a Skill but I'm not going to retrain the crew after the first one. The same goes for the Loader. After BiA I'll pick Safe Stowage. The rest are per the tanks needs.

If I have a sniper tank/TD "glass cannon" I might roll Concealment for the first skill. After all some snipers have 20/20/20 armor. It's better to NOT be seen!!!

Like I said there is not a one size fits all here. I look at each tanks needs and address the needs right off the bat on the first skill. 

KillaPanzer #53 Posted Mar 17 2017 - 15:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17341 battles
  • [GOBS] GOBS
My general training agenda -

Brothers in Arms first. Then 6th Sense and either Repairs (Light, Meds, HTs, some TDs) or Camo (some TDs, SPGs).

Then focus on increasing view range, before equipment, via Recon and/or Situational Awareness as some tanks don't require both skills for max'ing out view range to 445m. The rest of the crew will vary such as Deadeye, Safe Stowage (2nd loader will do Adrenaline Rush since the skills do not compound). Driver will do either Clutch Braking if turretless or SPG, or Smooth Ride for else. If Radio Operator's Situational Awareness maxes view range then Commander does Jack of All Trades.

From there it is random due to factors beyond, if one goes to 3rd skill.

Frog_of_the_North #54 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 12:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19296 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2
I have a simple answer. I usually set them up wrong and then have to retrain them when I realize my mistake, and then often make a dumb error while retraining on at least one crew member, like retraining him to a skill he already had.

ledhed14 #55 Posted Mar 26 2017 - 20:47

Major

• Players
  • 14035 battles
  • [THKS] THKS

Look at  the tank and then use skills if possible to help with the weak points . If the weakness is very bad then go opposite and enhance all of the " strong points " .

I try for VISION , then I will focus on gun handling , Some tanks are rolling bombs or Flame storage , these need a combo to reduce the problem .

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users