strongholds 9.17.1 update

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

szt050 #21 Posted Mar 03 2017 - 13:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 24261 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
I was told these sort of pinned threads are what developers and moderators monitoring the most, yet in the last 10 days we have not received a single answer to the one question everyone asks: is the time-period limitation of playing Skirmishes permanent?

archane #22 Posted Mar 03 2017 - 15:38

Private

• Players
  • 23191 battles
  • [_HUN_] _HUN_

Our clan have a problem for a stronghold playing time too. A lot of clan who playing in europe could start playing CET 19:00 (10:00 US/Pacific) but the time limit does not allow! I think it would be in your best interest to go all the time in this game mode. Please change starting time ! 
Another problem is also in the West server.  A lot of our players have high server ping because for many of us it's a remote server. They can't play this server... So for us the optimal server east !

We hope the fights will also be available to us on time, otherwise it loses a lot of players on the server! Many people spent a lot of money on this game and the interest of all of us would be playing with "Gold tanks" in a really interesting game mode Stronghold or War Games or Advances....

spacecubicnub #23 Posted Mar 03 2017 - 15:41

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18660 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

I think everyone is OK with the time and the west server things.... as long as we understand this is only for the testing phase.

Could we get some communication please?

NemoKeine #24 Posted Mar 04 2017 - 05:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 14692 battles
  • [COLD1] COLD1
hating that it is limited to USW server, ping has always been very poor for me on that server, also while I can kinda understand why the skill MM for skirmishes, its not fun to sit and wait 4-5 minutes to get a battle during peek hours.  Also have noticed facing the same teams over and over looses its appeal

CarbonWard_AKA_Saonima #25 Posted Mar 04 2017 - 15:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11435 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

The new stronghold interface looks good, but still there are a lot of things that doesn't make sense.

-Now each credit bonus needs 3x industrial resource, from less than 3k to 8k, which means we now have to play more skirmishes in order to afford credit bonuses.

-Unlike skirmishes before, now the matchmaker is terrible. You know there are dozens of teams waiting for a stronghold battle but you can NEVER meet them, simply because now MM considers personal rating as a factor. A good clan is more likely to meet another good clan which makes the stronghold battle more intense and harder than before. Tier 6 stronghold battles used to be a great place for credit & industrial resource farming because of its short elapsed time & fast game which usually ends in 3min. But now you have to wait about 1min to get matched, not to mention that your enemy becomes much stronger. So far we haven't met a bad turtling team of O-I & KV-2.

It would be great if WG cancels the personal rating matchmaker & reduce the price of each credit bonus.

btw, why there is no SH in USE? :3

CarbonWard_AKA_Saonima #26 Posted Mar 05 2017 - 06:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11435 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Also, it's freaking ridiculous that tier7s now are not allowed in tier8 strongholds.

robrbaron #27 Posted Mar 11 2017 - 07:18

Private

• Players
  • 11973 battles
  • [CAPS] CAPS

For us in Oz / NZ, west server is much better, we have about 200 ping, where East is 250. (makes a big difference to enjoyment)  [and SEA server ping is just as bad, and we understand NA dialect better anyway)

So when reviewing servers and open times, please keep us in mind. Sunday morning not always the most convenient time to get the clan on....

spacecubicnub #28 Posted Mar 13 2017 - 20:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18660 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

So there are a lot of things I like about the new skirmish inter face and game play.  But there are a lot of unanswered questions and very little to no communication from WG.  This tread for example.

So here are a few things I have figured out.

1. If you haven't tried... you should, whether you are in a clan or not just give it a try because it is a lot easier now.

Just enter the lobby and find a forming team which only needs 1 or 2 more players and join.

You don't need TS or other voice software as most of the teams just click the map and everyone plays it like a pub match.

2. If you like platooning with 2 others then think of skirmishing like platooning with 6 (or more) of your friends.

I find if the night is not going well and the teams are just falling apart then move to the skirmish mode and play with a more cohesive team.

3. Tired of being bottom tier every game.... in skirmishes you are always top tier.

4. Need credits... when I skirmish I rarely need to fire gold.  At Tier 6 I am usually making 20,000 per game and 60,000 at tier 8.

If you are in a clan and you join someone else's skirmish you will earn resource points for your clan(and there doesn't look like there are any reductions for legionaries).  But the skirmish wins/loss will not count on your clan's stats but rather for the clan's who created the detachment.  So again if you want to play and learn skirmishes but not affect your clan's rating, play but join someone else's detachment.

Air strikes and artillery consumables are now a thing.  Meaning if you are going to create a detachment think about bring those into battle.  You need to "prepare" the consumable from within the building (this also assumes you have the building built) but you also need to click the appropriate button at the top right of the detachment screen to activate the consumable for the next battle.  Only the commander of the detachment can use the consumable and if they die the consumable doesn't get transferred to another player.  When activated it works a lot like a arty tank, you get an overhead view, click the map, click the rotation and two icons show up on screen.  On the mini map there will be 2 circles indicating the location and in game there will be a bomb icon where the attack will happen.  If you aren't using TS you need to be aware of these things on the mini so you don't get hit by your own teams air strike.  On the other end, the receiving end, you need to assume there will be an arty or air strike in every game, so keep moving, if you are thinking of turtle-ing then be aware and try to position yourself to reduce the impact.  I am not sure if the artillery is always launched from a specific location so if there is even a way to protect yourself, and I am not sure what the damage each does.  I also can't tell you what the advantage of upgrading the buildings to higher levels.  I think the damage done is consistent it's just the cost to prepare and revenue generate that goes up as you upgrade the building.

In the team forming window, double clicking on players is faster and more effective at adding players then trying to drag them into the list.

I think, other clan members who are on the skirmish team also have an "invite" button and can now invite players to the detachment.  But I don't think legionnaires have an invite button.

The mm isn't too bad and it seams that 1.45 is the maximum waiting limit, after that you will start a game no matter what.

Many of the reserves seam to encourage team play, meaning the credit booster, for example, offers higher payouts for games played in skirmishes vs regular pub matches.  So activating a reserve when you are skirmishing makes a lot of sense.  And therefore will encourage more clan members to try skirmishing. And to put things in perspective, if you have a finical building at level 10, and activate a credit reserve, and playing a team game like a skirmish you will be looking at 75% more credits after each battle!

There is no more moving resource around, just one simple pool in which the proceeds are stored and you can use for buildings, upgrades, consumables and bonuses.

I would like the option or suggest of some way of rewarding a single or group of clan members with a prepared bonus for example.  And what I mean is, lets say there are 2 guys who skirmish all the time in your clan.  And let say they have earned 1000 resources.  So you have prepared 4 credit boosters from their earnings.  But you are not online at the same time they are, and they aren't oxs or what ever rank is needed to activate a stronghold reserve.... so what then?  If you could "gift" the 4 credit boosters so they can activate at their choosing?  The credit still goes to all the clan members playing but the right to activate is "gifted" by the xo?  Not sure if that makes sense??

I am not sure which is better artillery strike or air strike....

The log at the top left is a great way to see who is skirmishing and how well they are doing.  Although I think two more column would be helpful.... their win rate and how many of the skirmish games were played as part of the clan detachment vs a clan member playing in some else's detachment.

Can you not demolish a building any more?

I am not sure I understand the command center reserves?  Perhaps the command center can prepare personal reserves or perhaps when you upgrade the command center to level 4 you get a bunch of free stronghold stuff?

In the detachment screen you can see all the teams forming and playing.  You can see how good they are and what they are running, ie all fast tanks, mix tanks or all heavy.  I.e. you can see what you might encounter in the next battle.

Use the 3 filter buttons on the top left of the detachment screen to narrow down your options, very helpful when you and another clan member are trying to both join the same team.

I think that is it for now, but I think there is still a lot to "learn" or "know" about this new stronghold.

And if WG isn't going to offer clarity I invite other forum types to add what they know to this list and help others out.

GL

spacecubicnub #29 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 15:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18660 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

I would like to suggest the following features to the log section.....

Log all changes and events which happen in Strongholds not just players and games.

Tell us who upgraded buildings and when, who converted resources into consumables or bonuses.  Tell us who used or activated consumables or resources.

Organize the log feature in more of a timeline system similar to something like Facebook (for example).  Or have this as a separate view but keep the list view of players for other clan payout operations.

Tell us the win rate for the time period for each player.

Tell us if the payer started their own detachment of if they just joined someone else's detachment.

Most clans have a few people who have permission to make changes, prepare things and activating stuff in Strongholds.  This might help keep track of more then just games and resources.  I had a situation where a clan member asked what happened to 1000 resources we earned in the last week.  No one new until another xo came onto TS and let everyone else know that he upgraded a building.  If the log reported that on March 13 10:30pm Space upgraded the Financial building at a cost of 1000 might have saved us time figuring out what happened.

Thanks

Appleikid_YT_3 #30 Posted Mar 14 2017 - 20:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20817 battles
  • [T-W-A] T-W-A
How come I may have to wait up to 2-3 minutes searching for a battle sometimes? Is it because not as many teams playing or because of matchmaker or something else?

Also tagged with strongholds, 9.17.1, update

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users