• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

GhostPrime #1 Posted Feb 23 2017 - 20:03

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Tankers,

Please leave your feedback here for the changes made to the German heavy tanks in this thread.

Notes on Changes

Omaha_14 #2 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 02:07

Private

• Players
  • 14798 battles
  • [LXG] LXG

I would like to start by saying that I really like the changes made to the German tree, the new tanks leading up to the Maus are an interesting new change to the game. I mostly feel this way because of how much I dislike the VK 45.02 Ausf. A. I really do not enjoy playing this tank, but I had always wanted a Maus, so I deal with it. When I heard there would be new tier 8 and 9 German heavies I was excited to sell the VK 45.02 and start playing a new (and hopefully better) tank. Then today when I opened my garage, I was disappointed to not see a VK 100.01 P ready to battle. Then to further my disappointment, I checked the tech tree to see that I would have to spend time earning an additional 100k xp on the Tiger P, as well as repurchasing it. I felt somewhat cheated as my effort had all been toward the end goal of the Maus, but now that had been a waste of my time because I currently have no interest in earning myself a Pzkpfw VII.

To summarize, I am frustrated that my effort to earn a Maus had been wasted and I received no compensation. I would hope that Wargaming takes this into consideration and provides current VK 45.02 A and B owners with compensation, perhaps in the form of a VK 100.01 P or a Mauschen (depending on the tier the player had reached). At the very least I would appreciate an explanation as to why this cannot be the case.

Thanks,

Omaha_14

EvilShananigans #3 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 02:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 16501 battles
OK MY issue with the vk100.01 is its commanders hatch, every mother and there redheaded stepkids can pen it. its hard to be a brawler or front line heavy with a massive weak spot . angles . differant strats  to hide it when i try to shoot, its like a instant hit , have not played the tier 9 yet, but something needs to be done  before its a fail before its even been a week out. in the test servers it was great 

MRMAN58 #4 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 09:00

Corporal

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 21553 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
I feel like the pz VII is pretty bad overall. I don't think they should've nerfed the soft stats of the gun. The dpm is just so low that every miss is super painful. I think that it should have some really nice soft stats to make up for the lack of dpm.

Mjr_Hachstetter #5 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 10:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 42026 battles
  • [PN_DR] PN_DR

Oh great... that's just what we need, more 'fake' tanks!

PUNISHER989 #6 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 11:19

Major

• Players
  • 26010 battles
  • [FLUKE] FLUKE

The problem i think alot of people will have for those don't own Germans tanks beyond the TigerP will have a hell of a time having to grind out not one but two tier 8 heavies from it. I think that's a bit painful, make another tank atleast branch off into it some how.

I own the Maus already, so basically just need to buy back the VK 45.02 (P) Ausf. B. and grind, 

PUNISHER989 #7 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 11:20

Major

• Players
  • 26010 battles
  • [FLUKE] FLUKE

View PostEvilShananigans, on Feb 24 2017 - 03:38, said:

OK MY issue with the vk100.01 is its commanders hatch, every mother and there redheaded stepkids can pen it. its hard to be a brawler or front line heavy with a massive weak spot . angles . differant strats  to hide it when i try to shoot, its like a instant hit , have not played the tier 9 yet, but something needs to be done  before its a fail before its even been a week out. in the test servers it was great 

Ive seen KV2s pen the commanders hatch, just a friendly warning and complaint. 

Macdallan #8 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 15:22

Private

• -Players-
  • 7691 battles
  • [CALZS] CALZS

I personally like the addition of more tanks in the heavy tree, but how they're placed is not good.  At least, not for me.  I'm a fairly casual player, so don't sit and grind for hours on end.  A change like this probably sets me back a year in attaining the tier X MAUS that I was working toward.

I understand it's not easy to insert new tanks into the tree, but please re-think where they are and how much of a hassle it is for those of us who will be grinding through the Tiger (P), and now the Mauschen to get to the Maus.  I've already gone through the grind once, and now,  because of these recent changes, I have to go through it all over again.

#nothappy

phoenix1583 #9 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 16:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 10819 battles
The new German heavies, so far as I can tell, are fun but grindy as hell due to how incredibly slow they are. Also, the sheer number of tier X games I get into with the VK100.01P is unacceptable as a stock tank.

Monster_Masher #10 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 18:07

Private

• Players
  • 20439 battles

I like the new tanks, but I have a complaint. I already have the VK45A and as mentioned in an earlier thread, it's a POS, but I wanted the MAUS. The change pushed me into a completely different line, which I would eventually grind anyway, but that's not the point. The point is I wanted the MAUS, so now I'm back at Tier VII grinding back to a Tier VIII, so I can get the tank I wanted. Anyone with the VK45A or B level should have either gotten the equal in the Maus line, or at least been able to pick. I contacted the Help Desk, who said "Sorry we can't give out free tanks", but if you had the Maus, you got everything in the line. It's not like it's a PREM line so what's the deal? NOT COOL GUYS!

Since I'm already [edited], you need more maps. New, older, doesn't matter, just more. I realize there is a drain on the servers, but if you rotate maps every so often, monthly, or quarterly, and have 3/4/5 new/used ones cycle in, and an equal number cycle out, it wouldn't be a burden on the servers, and more importantly the play would be much less stale.

phoenix1583 #11 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 19:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 10819 battles
One more thing: The repair costs on the new German line starting with the VK100.01P are way too high. I'd be lucky to do 2-3k damage in a match, die, then actually make any money in profit.

geeknik #12 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 19:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 18853 battles
Why do we have to GRIND the VK 45.02 B again?! Before 9.17.1, I ground the roughly 200K xp in the VK45.02B to get the Maus. After 9.17.1 and the German tech tree re-arrangment, I now have to grind another 200K in the VK45.02B to get the PzKpfw VII or whatever they are calling the 72.01K clone. I don't know any one that is masochistic enough to want to grind another 200K through that horrible tank.

NoneField #13 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 04:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14535 battles
  • [G-D-A] G-D-A

Seriously is really bad, impossible do sidescraping when the enemy know this weakpoint, fix it please!!

viejazo #14 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 23:30

Private

• Players
  • 8776 battles
  • [BAUK] BAUK
Me gustaria decir que en mi caso noe gusto la rama nueva de los vk.. yo queria ir al maus y ahora me.mataron. no me.gusta la mueva rama ya q tengo q hacer todo de.nuevo y es perder el tiempo.. espero q tenga alguna solución 

thebigcat #15 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 01:37

Private

• Players
  • 11781 battles

I'm glad I'm not the only one on here choked about having to buy the VK 45.02B again and grind out nearly 200k XP again to get the Pz.Kpfw. VII. That just doesn't seem right. I already have the Maus, so make me grind out the experience to get the VK 100.01P and Mauschen instead! C'mon Wargaming, I earned the Maus, can I please have the Pz.Kpfw VII researched as well? I liked the VK45.02B, especially when it got buffed, but it would be incredibly unsatisfying to have to buy it again (not cheap), and play through another 300 games or so. For the casual gamer that I am, this isn't very good.

But the rest of the new update is great! Good job!

SgtRock52 #16 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 07:39

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12588 battles
  • [BTB] BTB
LOVE LOVE LOVE the BUFF to the Krupp-Steyr Waffentrager....now it does not sound like a Briggs and Stratton engine and can actually get somewhere.

Pushing_Lead #17 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 18:03

Private

• -Players-
  • 9175 battles

If you find the revised tech tree in 9.17.1 is a setback, please submit a ticket to Wargaming explaining your situation and have it directed to the Development Team as I did. If enough do then there could be adjustments made to help in your situation or as in my case, my pursuit of the Maus. I can understand that they did not expect the negative impacts of the update but to not resolve them would leave us disappointed. Wargaming just invested a lot of coin running adds during Super Bowl to attract new customers (players) but will they raise a finger to help the customers they already have? Time will tell.

Below is my response from WG to give some insight into this issue.

:)

Erick Tomas

Dear Pushing_Lead,

Thank you for coming back to us.

As a fellow player, I understand that you would want to get the Maus for your Tier X. Unfortunately, we at support do not have an option on our end to transfer the vehicle experience that you earned for your other tanks.

I really do understand where you're coming from since I do know that earning vehicle experience is not a walk in the park and what I can do to further assist you is I will forward this information as a feedback to our Development Team for further consideration and for review.

Rest assured that our developers are doing their best to check all the feedback and suggestions that we forward to them since that is their way to check what our players need and what needs to be improve for us to have a better gaming experience.

For now we suggest that you keep an eye out on our news & updates for any changes or announcement that you can see below: http://worldoftanks.com/en/news/

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience on this matter.

We look forward to see you back on the battlefields, Commander!

Have a great day and keep those tanks rolling!

Best Regards,

Erick Tomas

Wargaming America Support

freshwatergame #18 Posted Mar 04 2017 - 05:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21033 battles
  • [USPF] USPF

Havnt  annalized the german tree YET. Why I already have before this iimplementation now have too update myself again and again. Awesome! Been riding this tiger p for way to many months time to shake it loose. Please don't update the update tell I get a look see at the line. Pushing Lead out

kkrikkett #19 Posted Mar 04 2017 - 19:24

Private

• Players
  • 15905 battles

Not happy with the grill now slower reload and travel speeds Should have given it a rotating turret and lower stance so you don't stick out so bad  or just left it alone Bad Very Bad 

Its gotten to point i cant even play this anymore have had it since it first came out and hate the game play on it now

Edited by kkrikkett, Mar 04 2017 - 19:48.

freshwatergame #20 Posted Mar 07 2017 - 06:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21033 battles
  • [USPF] USPF

that's a real bummer. I wish they just leave things alone. The grill was special now cant say  any about it.

Also tagged with German heavies, 9.17.1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users