Jump to content


9.17.1 UI changes and improvements feedback thread

9.17.1 UI

  • Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

GhostPrime #1 Posted Feb 23 2017 - 20:13

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • 1,530
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

Tankers, Please leave your feedback on the many changes and improvements to the UI in update 9.17.1 in this thread.

 

UI Improvements Notes

 



JasFromOz #2 Posted Feb 23 2017 - 21:03

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15035 battles
  • 64
  • Member since:
    10-02-2013

I can't even get out of the garage.  Tried restarting the game.  Restarted the PC.  Nothing works.  Can't view any other tanks.  Great job!!!


Worthless Patch 9.17.1


Edited by JasFromOz, Feb 23 2017 - 21:05.


Code__Dragon #3 Posted Feb 23 2017 - 21:13

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16304 battles
  • 170
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013
Please return the "Show Advanced Vehicle Statistics in Garage". The "Simplified menu" is too cumbersome and clumsy.

GaussDeath #4 Posted Feb 23 2017 - 21:30

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 48976 battles
  • 543
  • [PACNW] PACNW
  • Member since:
    12-25-2013
And here I thought the advanced vehicle statistics was the simplified version. The current version to me does not seem simplified. :P
(Yes, please return the option for the other version!)

Winterpeger #5 Posted Feb 23 2017 - 21:36

    Captain

  • Players
  • 47645 battles
  • 1,609
  • [DD-S] DD-S
  • Member since:
    10-25-2011
OP.. have you tried with out mods installed or starting in safe mode as your screenshot looks like a mod issue.

Xeroproject #6 Posted Feb 23 2017 - 21:43

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 19554 battles
  • 180
  • [RDDT] RDDT
  • Member since:
    12-07-2010

View PostCode__Dragon, on Feb 23 2017 - 12:13, said:

Please return the "Show Advanced Vehicle Statistics in Garage". The "Simplified menu" is too cumbersome and clumsy.

 

100%

 

The "simplified" vehicle stats are trash.  A vehicle having 558 firepower tells me exactly nothing.  I don't know how WG is calculating that number and trying to figure out what that number means in context is hardly "simple" compared to just checking the penetration + rate of fire + alpha damage.

 

Adding scroll bars where there was no need to scroll before is cumbersome and annoying, get that crap out of here.  I've often said that WoT and WoWS UI teams should get together to present a unified UI, but I mean by combining the best features of both UIs.  Having to expand sections to see the stats you want to see and then scroll through the stats is not the best feature of the WoWS UI, its a terrible feature.  We wouldn't have this issue without the useless numbers and this is a change that will actually encourage me to search for a mod to fix it as checking a stat with a glance via the old vehicle specifications is much quicker and easier than expanding sections and scrolling about for it.



t42592 #7 Posted Feb 23 2017 - 22:02

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 19623 battles
  • 1,299
  • Member since:
    11-13-2010

View PostGhostPrime, on Feb 23 2017 - 11:13, said:

Tankers, Please leave your feedback on the many changes and improvements to the UI in update 9.17.1 in this thread.

 

UI Improvements Notes

 

 

This is a minor interface issue in regards to Proving Grounds mode.

 

Suggestion: Instead of a hover-over pop-up when on the Select Battle Mode , create a static comment in the interface noting a Tier 1-2 tank is suitable.

 

Reproduction:

  1. Select Battle Mode
  2. Select Proving Ground

 

Spoiler

 


Edited by t42592, Feb 23 2017 - 22:03.


GhostPrime #8 Posted Feb 23 2017 - 22:55

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • 1,530
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B
  • Member since:
    04-22-2013

View PostJasFromOz, on Feb 23 2017 - 13:03, said:

I can't even get out of the garage.  Tried restarting the game.  Restarted the PC.  Nothing works.  Can't view any other tanks.  Great job!!!


 

 

Please uninstall your mods, or run the game in Safe mode. You can select safe mode in the launcher. If this issue still occurs, please submit a ticket to support

strenfoo #9 Posted Feb 23 2017 - 23:14

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 11065 battles
  • 804
  • [C_NTS] C_NTS
  • Member since:
    08-15-2015

1) Windowed borderless mode is broken.  See thread http://forum.worldof...creen-settings/

2) Bring back advanced stats.  Doing the equivalent with 9.17.1 (i.e. expanding all the simplified options) sucks because you get scroll bars when playing at 1920x1080 at least.  We're smart folks.  We don't need giant headings breaking up all the different stats and thus taking up precious screen real estate.

3) Add an option to display the extra garage carousel stats all the time as opposed to having to hover over them.



Laniru #10 Posted Feb 23 2017 - 23:21

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 18410 battles
  • 330
  • [MAD-] MAD-
  • Member since:
    02-26-2015

View PostXeroproject, on Feb 23 2017 - 21:43, said:

The "simplified" vehicle stats are trash.  A vehicle having 558 firepower tells me exactly nothing.  I don't know how WG is calculating that number and trying to figure out what that number means in context is hardly "simple" compared to just checking the penetration + rate of fire + alpha damage.

Another vote for "Show Advanced Vehicle Statistics in Garage", for exactly this reason.



dnaman #11 Posted Feb 23 2017 - 23:31

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 24038 battles
  • 324
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_
  • Member since:
    06-09-2013

We used to be able I select advanced stats (I set mine when the simplified showed up).  Why has that been removed?  Taking away that functionality that many of us used isn't helpful.  Please allow us to choose advanced stats like we had before.  

 

I was able to play this morning before work.  My kids also played, so on three computers, seemed to work.  That's good.  

 

Lastly, thank you GhostPrime.  Some of the feedback on here has been less than adult.  Some players need to grow up and get over themselves.  I for one, appreciate what is in most ways a good game.  I appreciate the hours of fun with my family.

 

DNA



Gnarly #12 Posted Feb 23 2017 - 23:43

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 62146 battles
  • 264
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    09-18-2010

What happened to the arcade view?  

Now when I use my scroll wheel to back out of sniper view, I'm looking at my tank from what seems like 100 meters away!

 

It used to be 20 ft or so... WHY was this changed and how do I get normal view back????? 

 



jag314 #13 Posted Feb 23 2017 - 23:45

    First lieutenant

  • WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 44907 battles
  • 609
  • Member since:
    01-14-2012

Just heard a RUMOR that a patch 9.17.1.1 is coming tomorrow?? RLY??

 

https://eu.wargaming...upport/news/183


Edited by jag314, Feb 23 2017 - 23:46.


dnaman #14 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 00:00

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 24038 battles
  • 324
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_
  • Member since:
    06-09-2013

View Postjag314, on Feb 23 2017 - 15:45, said:

Just heard a RUMOR that a patch 9.17.1.1 is coming tomorrow?? RLY??

 

https://eu.wargaming...upport/news/183

 

if so, that's good as it's a fast fix on some of the broken stuff.  I'd say good job WARGAMING.

JTM78 #15 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 02:15

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 16237 battles
  • 652
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN
  • Member since:
    08-16-2013
I would like to know how you stop the simplified stats from popping up in the garage when you scroll over your tanks? I unchecked it in the tab but all that did was stop showing the master percentage when I scrolled over my tanks. I run vanilla, so it is a mod issue.

Edit; I love that WoT added the premium shell indicator, I would have never thought that 75% of the shells hitting/ penetrating my Heavies are PREMIUM SHELLS!

Edited by JTM78, Feb 24 2017 - 02:17.


Dylan257 #16 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 02:29

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17300 battles
  • 366
  • Member since:
    03-16-2013

View PostGhostPrime, on Feb 23 2017 - 13:13, said:

Tankers, Please leave your feedback on the many changes and improvements to the UI in update 9.17.1 in this thread.

 

UI Improvements Notes

 

Bring back the old tank characteristics in garage. Why did you WG people even remove the option to view older style tank stats in garage. Like do you enjoy making changes to the game that make it more annoying and less fun for me and other players? this and the removal of cross team chat are pushing me away from the game.... is that what you WG people want?



AstraNme #17 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 02:29

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 32132 battles
  • 41
  • [M0B] M0B
  • Member since:
    01-16-2014

View PostCode__Dragon, on Feb 23 2017 - 21:13, said:

Please return the "Show Advanced Vehicle Statistics in Garage". The "Simplified menu" is too cumbersome and clumsy.

 

View PostGaussDeath, on Feb 23 2017 - 21:30, said:

And here I thought the advanced vehicle statistics was the simplified version. The current version to me does not seem simplified. :P
(Yes, please return the option for the other version!)

 

View PostXeroproject, on Feb 23 2017 - 21:43, said:

 

100%

 

The "simplified" vehicle stats are trash.  A vehicle having 558 firepower tells me exactly nothing.  I don't know how WG is calculating that number and trying to figure out what that number means in context is hardly "simple" compared to just checking the penetration + rate of fire + alpha damage.

 

Adding scroll bars where there was no need to scroll before is cumbersome and annoying, get that crap out of here.  I've often said that WoT and WoWS UI teams should get together to present a unified UI, but I mean by combining the best features of both UIs.  Having to expand sections to see the stats you want to see and then scroll through the stats is not the best feature of the WoWS UI, its a terrible feature.  We wouldn't have this issue without the useless numbers and this is a change that will actually encourage me to search for a mod to fix it as checking a stat with a glance via the old vehicle specifications is much quicker and easier than expanding sections and scrolling about for it.

 

I agree with all of these.  Frankly the simplified statistics are meaningless.  We used to have the option to not use the simplified statistics in the garage.  That option is gone.  Please bring it back.

 

Also you need to add a filter button for non-elite tanks.  I have been asking for the at every feedback since the filters were implemented.  Please add soon.



Nudnick #18 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 02:33

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 18379 battles
  • 1,606
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013
No problems here. Though the players weren't updated I see. Still doing lemming trains into choke points covered by three TD's etc. Some things never change.

Reaper13 #19 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 04:10

    Sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 18657 battles
  • 108
  • [AMPED] AMPED
  • Member since:
    10-07-2010

+1 on getting the advanced tank stats back, wth? I looked and looked for where to enable the advanced stats, coulnd't find it then found this thread. Whose bright idea was to remove the option FFS.



Wyldcardz #20 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 05:40

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 1120 battles
  • 74
  • Member since:
    06-08-2014

I couldnt find another thread that might be the correct one to post my question in besides this one so i hope im in the right place, lolz. I looked all over the "Patch Notes" but couldnt find the answer so here goes. Going by the screenshot below from the Garage, when i mouse over my tank in the lineup at the bottom of the screen it gives me a number in parenthesis & a percentage number. What are they for & what do they relate to?  :unsure:

 

 







Also tagged with 9.17.1, UI

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users