9.17.1 UI changes and improvements feedback thread

9.17.1 UI

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

svoisredichugih #61 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 17:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 19861 battles
Dear game developers world of tanks, I want to wish you, that you have children in old age, so the food you humiliated the tank the grill 15.

Ironclad73 #62 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 18:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 16526 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostMDizN, on Feb 26 2017 - 01:01, said:

Exactly this - both the premium shells and other garbage are really starting to make this game very frustrating.  Today in two games I watched the extremely OP E-25 (a tank you at WoT have admitted was way OP and pulled it out of the shop only to put it back in.) just walk all over the other team, pretty much 1 shot most of them. It seems more and more premium tanks will just rule the match, bouncing or over matching armor on all they come across. And the number of people that feel as if they just HAVE to use premium rounds to get the damage, or to feel like they are bad-a== is disconcerting. I had a T-1 Heavy that was top tier use it, in 3 games in half an hour 3 different Hellcats, and the list goes on and on.

The E25 is only OP when someone who really knows how to use it is playing it, same as quite a few tanks in the tech tree are. It does attract good players because they can really make it work. 

Some do use premium ammo when they don't need to, but so what? If you get hit with APCR when AP would have worked, what does it matter? It costs them no you.  I don't pay any attention to what I'm being hit with, just that I'm being hit and I try to avoid that as much as possible.

Ed_the_Baker #63 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 19:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7230 battles

View Postpoppavein, on Feb 24 2017 - 14:15, said:

You might have to edit the aspect ratio in this file: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Wargaming.net\WorldOfTanks\preferences.xml

Substitute your correct path.

I have an ultra-wide screen (2560x1080) and aspectRatio is set at 2.370370.  There is a new parameter I haven't seen, aspectRatio_override, that I suspect you have to change for it to use a new aspect ratio.  I would try '0' or '1.0' if changing the aspectRatio doesn't work.

For 2560 x 1440, I think you would want aspectRatio to be set at 1.7777777.  Just divide horizontal by vertical resolution.  (That's probably how they do it in the game.)

thanks for the aspect ratio tip, 16:9 looked awful on my screen, changed to 4:3 with your tip,and changed 'aspectRatio_override' to 0 , looks much better, thanks,Ed

Edited by Ed_the_Baker, Feb 27 2017 - 22:03.

BitterGosling #64 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 23:18

Private

• -Players-
  • 11314 battles
  • [IR] IR
e he

View PostCode__Dragon, on Feb 23 2017 - 20:13, said:

Please return the "Show Advanced Vehicle Statistics in Garage". The "Simplified menu" is too cumbersome and clumsy.

Simplified menu is terrible.  Shouldn't have to scroll down and down to see vehicle characteristics.  Why fix it if it isn't broken?  Keep option for advanced vehicle statistics in the garage.  Thanks.

98whiteMC #65 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 23:18

Private

• -Players-
  • 48124 battles
  • [ZDT] ZDT

Item 1:  Please bring back the Reset Filters button on the Filter Selection Screen.  It was very easy and useful.  The search is nice but please make room to return the button.

Item 2: Please make the tank "tool tip" optional in the carousel, or prevent it from obscuring the tank name.  There is a mod that provides for showing the same data inside the tank block always, which makes it much more useful for comparing / choosing tanks because you can see the data for all tanks at the same time.  Please consider that option as well.

Thanks

NeosGhost #66 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 00:11

Private

• Players
  • 2325 battles

View PostLaniru, on Feb 23 2017 - 22:21, said:

Another vote for "Show Advanced Vehicle Statistics in Garage", for exactly this reason.

+1 vote

boyscout02 #67 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 02:16

Private

• Players
  • 26379 battles
  • [TIE] TIE

The new Strongholds are terrible we play and get all 5% or 16% and then see a 50% and its our best MM all day and we have to wait 5 min to get  a game now too

boyscout02 #68 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 02:18

Private

• Players
  • 26379 battles
  • [TIE] TIE

My clans good though seeing unicoms almost all game is very bad

]

please return strongholds back to the way it was

tacticalnuker #69 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 06:49

Private

• Players
  • 10746 battles
  • [LKY13] LKY13

View PostCode__Dragon, on Feb 23 2017 - 21:13, said:

Please return the "Show Advanced Vehicle Statistics in Garage". The "Simplified menu" is too cumbersome and clumsy.

View PostGaussDeath, on Feb 23 2017 - 21:30, said:

And here I thought the advanced vehicle statistics was the simplified version. The current version to me does not seem simplified. :P
(Yes, please return the option for the other version!)

View PostXeroproject, on Feb 23 2017 - 21:43, said:

100%

The "simplified" vehicle stats are trash.  A vehicle having 558 firepower tells me exactly nothing.  I don't know how WG is calculating that number and trying to figure out what that number means in context is hardly "simple" compared to just checking the penetration + rate of fire + alpha damage.

Adding scroll bars where there was no need to scroll before is cumbersome and annoying, get that crap out of here.  I've often said that WoT and WoWS UI teams should get together to present a unified UI, but I mean by combining the best features of both UIs.  Having to expand sections to see the stats you want to see and then scroll through the stats is not the best feature of the WoWS UI, its a terrible feature.  We wouldn't have this issue without the useless numbers and this is a change that will actually encourage me to search for a mod to fix it as checking a stat with a glance via the old vehicle specifications is much quicker and easier than expanding sections and scrolling about for it.

AstraNme is not the only one to feel this way. It is incredibly frustrating to be forced into a clunky UI. If Wargaming wants to have the "simplified" stats as an option for people with no understanding of or respect for tanks, that's fine. Those of us who actually pay attention to the statistics (the incredibly VAST majority) find that style of interface extremely inconvenient. Add one more vote for bringing that check box back.

Ed_the_Baker #70 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 16:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7230 battles
please return the aspect ratio choice option, as modifying the preferences file is a PITA. copy the one from wows, that's  simple but has many different aspect ratios

Edited by Ed_the_Baker, Feb 28 2017 - 14:37.

nytinarmor #71 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 22:44

Private

• -Players-
  • 10503 battles
  • [VENUM] VENUM
So now that you nerfed my 110E5 so much, you idiots should refund me all of the gold, silver and experience that I spent working my [edited]off going up that line.  The tank is virtually un-playable against the super buffed German lines, not to mention the new German Heavies. I'm starting to think that Armored Warfare might be the way to go if you dummies keep throwing out patches and updates like this one.  Thanks for nothing...

dhb457 #72 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 22:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25414 battles
I like the UI changes quite a bit. The tooltip a for all the tank statistics are very nice. I would, however, like to say that the carousel could be improved a bit by adding more information options. Things like current mark of excellence standing percentage, average damage for that tank, tier spread of matches that it can see.... The list could go on and on for any statistic that is tracked on the vehicle. More options to customize are always good.

GhostPrime #73 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 23:56

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 805 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View PostBitterGosling, on Feb 26 2017 - 15:18, said:

e he

Simplified menu is terrible.  Shouldn't have to scroll down and down to see vehicle characteristics.  Why fix it if it isn't broken?  Keep option for advanced vehicle statistics in the garage.  Thanks.

Thank you for your feedback! I will pass it along. How does everyone feel about the other changes to the UI? 

spacecubicnub #74 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 14:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18660 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

I like most if not all of the UI changes.

Most of my questions are about the new strongholds, not sure if this is the right thread for all of this....

Is the stronghold only available on the west server just for the testing phase?

Is the time in which stronghold available also currently because of testing?

Is the skill based mm applied to all battles in stronghold, or is it just for advanced battles?  Which way is planned for the final version?

How is the skill based mm decided, on the clan, on the leader of the detachment or an average of all players readied up?

Do airstrikes and artillery inflict the same amount of damage regardless of what level your stronghold building is at or does a level 1 air bomber building do less damage than a level 10?

Is the airstrike and Artillery only available to the detachment leader, and if that player dies the option to activate the strike becomes unavailable or it transferred to the next in command?

Is the airstrike like a consumable, if you don't use it in battle you will still have it in the next battle?

Thanks

Ndtm #75 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 16:24

Major

• Players
  • 15536 battles

View Postspacecubicnub, on Feb 28 2017 - 14:57, said:

Spoiler

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/532093-strongholds-in-update-9171-feedback/

or go to the feedback/suggestions subforum (which this is in) to see all the other feedback threads

spacecubicnub #76 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 17:13

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18660 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

View PostNdtm, on Feb 28 2017 - 16:24, said:

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/532093-strongholds-in-update-9171-feedback/

or go to the feedback/suggestions subforum (which this is in) to see all the other feedback threads

thanks

moogleslam #77 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 17:55

Major

• Players
  • 24114 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
Sorry, haven't read through this entire topic, but..... we can't see shell damage in the Service screen any longer?

SluggerJackson #78 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 18:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28267 battles

I preferred the option of switching to the REAL number on the tank, not a made up slide bar comparison.   Instead I have to hit the down arrow to see the actual values I'm working with.  As stated above there isn't room for all of them.  I only use two of the stat boxes anyways, but I prefer the old way. 

There was ZERO reason to combine the two.

Texas_1836 #79 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 21:54

Private

• -Players-
  • 9805 battles
  • [NTXA] NTXA
Please return the "Show Advanced Vehicle Statistics in Garage".

KenWyns #80 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 23:50

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24169 battles

Whew!  Alot of opinions expressed herein. :popcorn:

Hope you're getting all this & will ACT on it... or should i say, react & roll some of of these "improvements" back.  I'm with the simple-is-stupid crowd.  :great:

Who are your beta/sandbox testers anyway?  Your spouses?  Middle mgt?  Homeless off the street just happy to be warm & have something to play with other than themselves?  :hiding:

Maybe i don't know all the lingo/buzzwords often used in these forums (nor do i care to), but it seems no one is complaining about the REALLY MUCKED UP comparison utility.  It was GREAT feature u added... but then "improved" it by, adding WAY TOO MUCH picking of details.  Geez, takes the time of 3 battles just to set up a few vehicles to compare(!).  Perhaps i'm missing some default button or base vehicle choice? 

i didn't even bother finishing comparison when i realized i would be spending 30 min's just selecting ALL & EVERY possible choice for every tank i wanted to compare. :facepalm:   Once again, just leave it (the f__k) alone!!

AND... while we're at it, & presumably u ARE reading this feedback, what is with the "new & improved HD" mini-maps?!?!   They = crap.   I can get better maps from AAA or even the real maps we used as real tank commanders.  Who thot it would be cool to make them mono-toned & significantly less readable at a glance in the middle of a battle?!?   :confused:

There are SO MANY things that could be improved/upgraded as is.    Ya'll have SO much talent & smarts around this place.*   Why do u'll keep doing this to us, your PAYING CUSTOMERS?  Is it for job security?  Some hot-shot middle managers' way to climb the ladder?  Bored?  Kids with short attention spans?  Running out of server space?  WHAT?  WHY?

* yeah i know fellow players... but we've all got to admit, there are ALOT of good, even great aspects of this game.  If not, we wouldn't even bother to bellyache.  We'd have marched on long ago.

Edited by KenWyns, Mar 08 2017 - 02:21.

Also tagged with 9.17.1, UI

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users