9.17.1 General Feedback thread

9.17.1 update

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

Prowler62 #41 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 23:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27687 battles
All script is smaller in garage and in game. Icons as well . All chat panels are smaller and can't enlarge them. Login screen when going into a match is smaller too. I have done a reinstall to make sure mods would not affect it.

dunniteowl #42 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 23:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 17787 battles

View PostAstraNme, on Feb 24 2017 - 02:25, said:

When I alt+tab then return back to the game it always goes to windowed mode.  I have to go back to settings and set it back to fullscreen.

I have this same issue.  Alt+Tab to go to my browser and the game exits Full Screen and goes windowed.  Vanilla Client, never run mods, no new changes other than the 9.17.1 Update.  I go into the Settings; Graphics and it is set for Windowed Mode, I set it to Full Screen and save changes.  Alt+Tab and it switches right back to Windowed Mode.

Very annoying.  I also have it occur while I'm playing when I get a windowed notification, which it didn't do before, either.  More annoying, that is.

All other parameters are worth the aggravation, though I would appreciate some attention to it.

GL, HF & HSYBF

Edited by dunniteowl, Feb 24 2017 - 23:30.

Arclight58 #43 Posted Feb 25 2017 - 00:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 39005 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View PostAstraNme, on Feb 23 2017 - 20:25, said:

When I alt+tab then return back to the game it always goes to windowed mode.  I have to go back to settings and set it back to fullscreen.

I get this as well, I don't know how Alt-tab changes video settings, during Clan Wars this will be a pain in the rear tabbing out to look at strat maps.

View PostNormandinni, on Feb 23 2017 - 21:28, said:

(Implemented automatic selection of an appropriate screen ratio; thus removed the corresponding option from the “Graphics” menu)

Pls Wargaming remove this thing, give us back the selection of the screen ratio!!!

Yes a lot of us want this reversed.

Gunadie #44 Posted Feb 25 2017 - 02:23

Major

• Players
  • 36555 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

REALLY War Shaming, 252 Defender ?

As if the Soviet tech tree needed another tier 8 heavy (or any other tank for that matter)

Unfortunately you should have tested and balanced this one PROPERLY before you released it.

660 damage from one shot is not 400 specified average plus or minus up to 25% for RNG variances!

Dylan257 #45 Posted Feb 25 2017 - 02:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17304 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on Feb 23 2017 - 13:26, said:

Hello, tankers! 

Today we have released update 9.17.1 and with it many changes to balance, German tech tree, UI Improvements, and more!

Please leave general feedback here in this thread.

Please leave specific feedback in these threads:

Bring back the old tank characteristics in garage. Why did you WG people even remove the option to view older style tank stats in garage. Like do you enjoy making changes to the game that make it more annoying and less fun for me and other players? this and the removal of cross team chat are pushing me away from the game.... is that what you WG people want?

Bolo_MkXX_Tremendous_DMD #46 Posted Feb 25 2017 - 04:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 14012 battles
  • [POET] POET

Issue on Mac:

Command Tab/switching between programs doesn't work correctly.  It doesn't crash the program but it can't be switched back to.

Diacom #47 Posted Feb 25 2017 - 07:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26763 battles
  • [SHUSH] SHUSH

View PostYANKEE137, on Feb 23 2017 - 21:29, said:

I was backing up, holding the S key down when Windows opens a help box in the middle of my screen " Need help fixing sticky keys?".  It disabled my game controls long enough to get me killed. Only happened once though, may be just a fluke.

This has nothing to do with WOT.  It's a setting in Windows that is causing this.

As to Ghostprime,

All I can say is, at this rate, WG will "Improve" this game right out of playability in the next few years or sooner.  It's happened to a number of other games that have seen constant "development" as to what they want the game to be vs. what the players have enjoyed playing in the past but find extremely frustrating to have to play now.

I wish you folks would actually ask the players what needs to improve rather than just assume.  Shot dispersion, spotting, removing maps, changing the mini map, changing the way stats are displayed in the garage, making the way the screen displays not very user friendly, changing how specials and events work, the planned pen reduction beyond 50m or 100m which will screw snipers...  Just a few examples of how you guys are assuming things need to change that many of us would say didn't need changed at all.  But hey, lets wait to fix the way MM works when it's been one of the number one complaints for several years now.

Keep it up and eventually some competition will get it right and knock you folks off as being the game to play.

Edited by Diacom, Feb 25 2017 - 07:15.

Gramps_77 #48 Posted Feb 25 2017 - 16:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7934 battles
  • [TG] TG

DARN IT WG!!!

I logged in last night, played eight matches. All in my tier 5 AT2. 

Just one tank so no complaints about the garage interface (logged in with the intention of playing the game, not checking tank stats).

Won five of those eight so no complaints about MM. Had a mix of "even" distribution and not so even.

Didn't crash or disconnect, my tanks the same size as it was, so no gripes about that.  

Well crap.  I guess I got nothing to b1tch about.  Seems like an OK update to me.

mystB3K #49 Posted Feb 25 2017 - 22:33

Corporal

• Players
  • 18668 battles
This "Alt" crashing to desktop  has become very annoying and has made the game impossible to play AT ALL .. might MAYBE get in one match before hanging up.  please WG feedback would be appreciated.  What if this hapenned to PAYING members .. folks who have spent hundreds USD on the game and having this happen ... bad bad bad for word of mouth promotions

mystB3K #50 Posted Feb 25 2017 - 22:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 18668 battles

View PostGhostPrime, on Feb 23 2017 - 19:26, said:

Hello, tankers! 

Today we have released update 9.17.1 and with it many changes to balance, German tech tree, UI Improvements, and more!

Please leave general feedback here in this thread.

Please leave specific feedback in these threads:

Game crashes out to desktop when I alt+tab.. not just fall back to windowed mode but completely .. Seems to be running in background but will not come back to foreground. game is totally unplayable .   This was also an issue with the patch in common test , but I blew it off thinking it was just the test server won't be there in the actual patch.. Now I am completely unable to play . with 4 years invested in this gaeme , time wise, would be a shame to have to give up on Wargaming all together because of this.  It is bad enough that Warplanes is not nearly what it could have been and warships is definatly biased to 64 bit machines because memory requirements for decent game-play, don't let this mess up WoT as well. 

Kekistani #51 Posted Feb 25 2017 - 22:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21593 battles
  • [-KEK-] -KEK-

Not sure if anyone commented about it yet but there's a glitch that started appearing after this update.

When I Alt+Tab for the first few times after I open the client, everything seems to work as intended. Then, after something like four or five times when I Alt+Tab back to the game it sets to Windowed mode. I set it to Full Screen mode, Alt+Tab a few times again with no issues and suddenly it's Windowed mode once again. It seems to be random because there's not a fixed number of times until it automatically sets to Windowed mode.

Also, the zoom in bug is back. Sometimes when I try to zoom in, the camera points to the sky instead of where I was aiming. It's a well known bug which is very frustrating to say the least.

JOSEPHINEISH #52 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 00:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17110 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM
Auto lock doesn't work on my Cromwell or any other fast circling tank but works fine on everything else in my garage but you know this already don't you:sceptic:

SmakkieMac #53 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 04:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 19124 battles
  • [SHUSH] SHUSH

I tell you what, if they keep "improving" the game like they have with this patch then it wont be worth playing.

landedkiller #54 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 06:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7567 battles
pleae balance the panzer 4 s to have a 440 hp engine like it has in blitz and console versions thank you

AstraNme #55 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 08:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 32202 battles
  • [M0B] M0B

View PostAstraNme, on Feb 24 2017 - 02:25, said:

For anyone having an issue with the game resorting to windowed mode when you alt+tab, I found a workaround.  If you are in fullscreen and use the windows/start button on your keyboard it will put WOT into the background.  Now you can web surf, watch a video, look at a strat, or whatever you need to do.  When you click the tab to go back to WOT, it will be in fullscreen.  I have to hit the windows/start button twice to go to my browser.

MDizN #56 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 10:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 5998 battles

View PostB00BLEMAX, on Feb 23 2017 - 22:11, said:

Lack of attention to detail in regards to vehicle balancing. Some vehicles got over buffed and over nerfed when they just needed slight adjustments. Moreover,  some over powered vehicles were not addressed such as the T26e5 and Lowe which clearly need changes. 

Overall,  I think 9.17.1 is reinforcing the idea of power creep. I'd prefer the balancing department focus more on fine details rather than giving into people's complaints and the marketing department who are both biased towards unbalancing the game. 

WG Marketing Department

-How can we make lots of money? 

-I know! We can introduce new OP premium tanks every month. Then buff all the non-premiums later to give the appearance that our game is balanced and not Pay2win! 

-Genius! 

1000% I would give more likes if I could. I just posted in the UI section about this OP tanks, premium shell money grab.

y_KnT #57 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 18:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 55434 battles
  • [-Q-] -Q-

OP Tier 8 premiums are complete BS as evidenced by the latest impregnable defender

T 8 clan wars almost all premium tanks now

you've crossed way to far over the pay to play line

t8z5h3 #58 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 01:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 32463 battles
  • [DI-FI] DI-FI

The stayr WT good for the buff yet there is one more issue and that's the value of the apcr rounds are worthless because the AP round pen is 200 and the apcr is 279.

i recommend moving apcr pen to ~300 so that the value is good (anyways the gun is the one thing great going for it.

OrnmiIler #59 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 00:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

Hello Ghost Prime:

WoT should do the right thing, concerning ongoing flawed/improper last minute maintenance notification method, and extend the rewards end date one more day to March 7, in order to make up for the one day we now lost to update. The WoT 51 daily rewards climb is difficult enough without having this all important one day snatched arbitrarily away, from us USA East late 3AM to 6AM guys, again without adequate/proper due notice!
This info should be directly above that red start play button, and/or in garage, since we non-forum, late AM players are always taking the hits losing reserves, and now rewards climb stats. Without your help some of us will now be frozen out, with 1 day short, and end up with 50 points instead of 51.
I want you to reply on this ASAP, and my thanks for any help on this matter!

--------------------------------------------

Notice: As of 3/10/17 I’m making a full retraction of any/all my former statements of 3/3/17 (above) concerning any/all formerly assumed losses which would arise out of loss of one point day due to improper Maintenance and Update schedules/announcements.

To my astonishment, I have earned all my 61 points during this Some Assembly Required event, and the Payout on 03/10/2017 10:00 PM (22:00) GMT (UTC) = our 3/11/17 5:00 PM EST went very well, and thank you WoT. So I have nothing to complain about at all as far as any point loss, and WoT did the right thing AOK/110%...thank you WoT.

But I still contend that WoT implement a simple universal 24/7/52 notification standard mechanism such as notification in garage or by the clients big red colored start button, for initial entry into the garage and in order to play. This would eliminate all further confusion/chaos, in future, about day and time they will occur.

Edited by OrnmiIler, Mar 11 2017 - 01:02.

Nonamanadus #60 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 03:05

Major

• Players
  • 23232 battles
  • [HBG] HBG
I noticed in both the game client as well as the sandbox, when in the garage closing windows such as crew skill update or the platooning box the mouse cursor hangs up for three or four seconds. 

Also tagged with 9.17.1, update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users