Can minimize game but doesn't restore properly

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

engineman02 #1 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 00:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10071 battles
installed the update, started game, no problem. However, when I minimize the game, which works as it did in the past, and restore, the game screen attempts to pop up but only as a tiny thumbnail size screen in the top left corner. Can't seem to get it back to full screen other than by quitting and restarting game. Never had this issue in the past. Anyone else see this?

Edited by engineman02, Feb 24 2017 - 00:38.

dstud208 #2 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 00:39

Captain

• Players
  • 17792 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO
Have you tried command tabbing out and in of the game instead of "minimizing" it?

Bet to answer your question, no, never heard of that.

dstud208 #3 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 00:40

Captain

• Players
  • 17792 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO
Another player mentioned that hitting "command enter" fixed it for him. Give that a try.

engineman02 #4 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 00:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10071 battles
Yes, command tab normally since it is on full screen. Will try enter. 

Wyldcardz #5 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 00:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1168 battles
  • [0321] 0321
Im having the same/similar problem. When i minimize the game, then restore it, it still shows the desktop mouse pointer & when i click anywhere on the game screen it automatically minimizes its self again & keeps doing it. I have to R click XClose the game then restart it......:amazed:

black_colt #6 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 02:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 3737 battles

View Postengineman02, on Feb 23 2017 - 15:47, said:

Yes, command tab normally since it is on full screen. Will try enter. 

View PostWyldcardz, on Feb 23 2017 - 15:58, said:

Im having the same/similar problem. When i minimize the game, then restore it, it still shows the desktop mouse pointer & when i click anywhere on the game screen it automatically minimizes its self again & keeps doing it. I have to R click XClose the game then restart it......:amazed:

Able to reproduce when running [Full-Screen] only - [1912x1110] on my 15-inch MacBook Pro running screen at 1920 x 1200. Did not test other game/screen resolutions.

If you change your graphics settings to:

[Windowed] - you can use [command][h], click on [Maximize] or [Minimize] in window bar and restore without issues.  

[Windowed (borderless)] - you can [command][tab], [command][H] and restore without issues. NOTE: You are unable to [Maximize] or [Minimize] in [Windowed (borderless)] only [Hide] as the window controls are hidden.

[command][enter] in [Windowed (borderless)] produces inconsistent results - sometimes the window returns to the correct position and size - sometimes it does not.

If changing to [Windowed] or [Windowed (borderless)] works - then I recommend that both of you submit Support Tickets with CodeWeavers - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support and only use [Windowed] or [Windowed (borderless)] until a fix is issued.

Hope this helps ...

Edited by black_colt, Feb 24 2017 - 02:22.

engineman02 #7 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 02:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 10071 battles

Did the command enter from full screen. This makes it windowed and can minimize from there. When I restore, it restores as windowed, and can then maximize to full screen again. I will just have to remember the intermediate step so I don't have to keep restarting. Not sure if the command enter does anything when it is the small thumbnail, as I haven't tried that. 

black_colt #8 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 05:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 3737 battles

View Postengineman02, on Feb 23 2017 - 17:14, said:

Did the command enter from full screen. This makes it windowed and can minimize from there. When I restore, it restores as windowed, and can then maximize to full screen again. I will just have to remember the intermediate step so I don't have to keep restarting. Not sure if the command enter does anything when it is the small thumbnail, as I haven't tried that. 

Regardless I recommend that you raise a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support - so they can take a look.  

Using [command][tab] should not result in those issues and since CodeWeavers produced the WoT Mac Wrapper then may have a fix for you.

CasualPlayer #9 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 06:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9423 battles
Same issue here, I use CMD+Tab to switch to desktop, and I won't be able to return. It seems that after a few attempts to return to the game, the game screen will become a small floating window on top left of your screen. It all works the same except it's really small - I even managed to use keyboard to exit the game. Though the mouse cursor is too small and won't do anything.

kuro466 #10 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 07:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6610 battles

Same issue here.... 

When in fullscreen mode, command-tab will switch away, but trying to restore WOT causes it to appear briefly then minimize again. 

While WOT is active (but not visible), pressing Command-Enter twice (once to switch to windowed, then once back to full screen) brings the full screen app back.

I can't get "windowed (borderless)" to ever take up the full screen, no matter what resolution I set it to. I don't remember that problem in the past, but I generally run Fullscreen (1440x900 on Retina-MBP).

Allied_General #11 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 15:38

Captain

• Players
  • 33715 battles

I'm also have the EXACT same issue. Basically I have to fiddle around with it until finally it displays.

Nothing is worse than the lock-up bug when ever I try to add an emblem to a tank, I get a crash. Still trying to figure that one out too. Last update sort of sucks.

LpBronco #12 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 15:57

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 39781 battles
  • [TG] TG
I have something in Windows 10 when I minimize and the game comes back in windowed rather than full screen mode and sometimes the game wants to jump to the second screen to play.

black_colt #13 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 19:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 3737 battles

View Postkuro466, on Feb 23 2017 - 22:20, said:

Same issue here.... 

When in fullscreen mode, command-tab will switch away, but trying to restore WOT causes it to appear briefly then minimize again. 

While WOT is active (but not visible), pressing Command-Enter twice (once to switch to windowed, then once back to full screen) brings the full screen app back.

I can't get "windowed (borderless)" to ever take up the full screen, no matter what resolution I set it to. I don't remember that problem in the past, but I generally run Fullscreen (1440x900 on Retina-MBP).

Do you have a 13-inch or 15-inch MacBook Pro?

Wyldcardz #14 Posted Mar 01 2017 - 23:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1168 battles
  • [0321] 0321

View Postblack_colt, on Feb 24 2017 - 01:07, said:

Able to reproduce when running [Full-Screen] only - [1912x1110] on my 15-inch MacBook Pro running screen at 1920 x 1200. Did not test other game/screen resolutions.

If you change your graphics settings to:

[Windowed] - you can use [command][h], click on [Maximize] or [Minimize] in window bar and restore without issues.  

[Windowed (borderless)] - you can [command][tab], [command][H] and restore without issues. NOTE: You are unable to [Maximize] or [Minimize] in [Windowed (borderless)] only [Hide] as the window controls are hidden.

[command][enter] in [Windowed (borderless)] produces inconsistent results - sometimes the window returns to the correct position and size - sometimes it does not.

If changing to [Windowed] or [Windowed (borderless)] works - then I recommend that both of you submit Support Tickets with CodeWeavers - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support and only use [Windowed] or [Windowed (borderless)] until a fix is issued.

Hope this helps ...

I dont wanna sound like a noob but i guess i have to, lolz, whats the [command] button?  

dstud208 #15 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 00:32

Captain

• Players
  • 17792 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO
No question is a noob question mate, they are ALL legit (if honest).

The command button should be right next to the space bar, it will either say command on it, or it will have kind of a square with a loop on each corner. Historically it was called the "Apple key" since it used to have the Apple logo on it. I'll add a link to a picture if you want to see.

http://pcrepairathom...command-key.jpg

Wyldcardz #16 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 07:26

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1168 battles
  • [0321] 0321

View Postdstud208, on Mar 01 2017 - 23:32, said:

No question is a noob question mate, they are ALL legit (if honest).

The command button should be right next to the space bar, it will either say command on it, or it will have kind of a square with a loop on each corner. Historically it was called the "Apple key" since it used to have the Apple logo on it. I'll add a link to a picture if you want to see.

http://pcrepairathom...command-key.jpg

Mine looks like this from the spacebar left - 

Same on the right except between the windows icon & the Ctrl button theres what looks like a piece of paper that looks like this - 

dstud208 #17 Posted Mar 02 2017 - 15:15

Captain

• Players
  • 17792 battles
  • [-BRO] -BRO
Oh, you don't have an Apple keyboard then. That explains why your confused. Do you have an apple computer? Either way you will just need to experiment a bit. The key your looking for might be the windows key, or the control key (says Ctrl on it) but you might just need to take 5 minutes and try each one of those keys to the left of the space bar and see which one does it.

Sorry mate, I just assumed you had an apple made keyboard

Wyldcardz #18 Posted Mar 03 2017 - 05:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1168 battles
  • [0321] 0321

View Postdstud208, on Mar 02 2017 - 14:15, said:

Oh, you don't have an Apple keyboard then. That explains why your confused. Do you have an apple computer? Either way you will just need to experiment a bit. The key your looking for might be the windows key, or the control key (says Ctrl on it) but you might just need to take 5 minutes and try each one of those keys to the left of the space bar and see which one does it.

Sorry mate, I just assumed you had an apple made keyboard

lolz np xD, i wish i did though :P & ya the rectangle icon is my windows key & i use it but anyway i drop game screen doesnt let me bk in. i h8 it, i feel trapped in the game, i cant even go to the WoT site or anything & im very forgetful (pothead) so i keep dropping the screen & having to relog. But its getting to where im not relogging everytime. I get tired of it and/or pissed about the glitches & problems WARGAMING is having w/the last 2 Updates & i say F'it & go play my main game Vindictus or my other Astral Heroes. So you hear that WoT??? You need to fix these things or else your gonna lose more players and/or playing time...

black_colt #19 Posted Mar 03 2017 - 17:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 3737 battles

View PostWyldcardz, on Mar 01 2017 - 22:26, said:

Mine looks like this from the spacebar left - 

Same on the right except between the windows icon & the Ctrl button theres what looks like a piece of paper that looks like this - 

You can remap your keyboard to the standard OS X layout with a few steps.

To remap modifier keys:

Open [System Preferences] - click on [Keyboard] - click on [Modifier Keys…]

Select your keyboard via the [Select keyboard:] drop-down box [usually it is USB Keyboard]

For the [Option] key setting - select [Command] from the drop-down box [this is the Alt key in your image]

For the [Command] key setting - select [Option] from the drop-down box [this is the key with the Windows logo in your image]

Click on [OK] and then close [System Preferences]

Edited by black_colt, Mar 03 2017 - 17:54.

Wyldcardz #20 Posted Mar 08 2017 - 00:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1168 battles
  • [0321] 0321

View Postblack_colt, on Mar 03 2017 - 16:52, said:

You can remap your keyboard to the standard OS X layout with a few steps.

To remap modifier keys:

Open [System Preferences] - click on [Keyboard] - click on [Modifier Keys…]

Select your keyboard via the [Select keyboard:] drop-down box [usually it is USB Keyboard]

For the [Option] key setting - select [Command] from the drop-down box [this is the Alt key in your image]

For the [Command] key setting - select [Option] from the drop-down box [this is the key with the Windows logo in your image]

Click on [OK] and then close [System Preferences]

Thank you Colt but...AWW HELL NO! i Appreciate the offer & response brother but i wont even play a game if i cant remap my keys. Ive never ever used the standard layout of keys in a game before except im sure the very first one i played, but ive no idea what that one was, lolz.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users