Gnomefather Gun Sounds Mods

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

CelticArchangel #1 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 16:17

Captain

• Players
  • 15147 battles

Greetings WoT community! 

It has been a LONG time since I discussed, shared, and provided instructions on Gnomefather's Historical Sound Mods and for good reason. Most of you are aware of the sound file changes brought in April 2016 in patch 9.14  where they switched from the FMOD system to the Wwise system. This brought a cubic buttload of benefits for the game, but made sound modifications a total b**** to figure out for modders. Gnomefather in particular. On his Facebook page last year, he announced his retirement from the mod and since then other players and modders have tried their hand at recreating the mod so many of us had come to love (both with great or horrible success).  That may be about to change...

Pulled straight from Gnomefather's FB page on January 19th:

Well guys, it's been a while. But i have an announcement to make:

I will continue with Gnomefather's sound mods. But only if you can fulfill my request
I know that most of you have stopped playing WoT since I discontinued the sound mods due to agony and depression. But i know a lot of you are still around, and might know the person I am looking for

So my request is: I need you to find a person who knows how to use Wwise AND FMOD, and appoint him/her to me so they can teach me the basics on making sound events in Wwise just like in FMOD Sound Designer.

If you can do that, I promise you that there will be a release of Gnomefather's sound mods by summer 
I hope this will bring happiness to your lives and might make you return to WoT. Just like SilentStalker, I have decided to return to the WoT community, simply because I miss it so much
I would also like to get some update info on WoT itself and what is new and has changed since March last year. All I know is that there are Somal-.. I mean Swedish tanks in WoT now

I hope to hear soon from you all, and that I can finally proceed with sound mod making

-Gnomefather

...and now the post from February 5th:

I have another announcement

From what I know, Zorgane will teach me how to use Wwise and we will set up a collab on getting all sound mods remade for the latest version of WoT, and maybe some for WoWS and WT

So this looks all VERY promising. Now I will say that this DOES NOT include anything mentioned or implied about the Historical Engine Sounds. Some of you may recall the intro line I used to use "Gnomefather's Sound Mods: Because a Maus should never sound like a <insert Hetzer, T2, SU-85, etc here>" because of the horrible lawnmower engine audio file almost all tanks shared in the game. Since then WG finally addressed that but many still don't like the in-game sound files used. Hopefully if the Gun Sound files by Gnomefather are a success, there could be chance we may see those return as well.

I'll be keeping an eye on this very closely and will provide updates as time goes on. 

Cheers!

Almighty_Johnson #2 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 16:31

Major

• Players
  • 28640 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
EPIC!

Alectrick #3 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 16:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9302 battles
  • [GSKYO] GSKYO
Music to my ears! I hope they can get through it well and bring the mod back to life

Avalon304 #4 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 17:39

Major

• Players
  • 27000 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

Its been "back" for quite a while now:

http://forum.worldof...unds-mod-v-109/

Just from a new person. The same person the Gnomefather mentions in the second Facebook post.

PrinzEugen85 #5 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 18:04

Major

• Players
  • 35354 battles
  • [CANIS] CANIS
Gnomes work was just incredible, he even included sounds of empty casings being ditched. Very good news.

poppavein #6 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 21:19

Major

• Players
  • 26910 battles
  • [CNFC] CNFC

I miss the Family Guy soundpack.

"That was strangely arousing."

_Bagheera_ #7 Posted Feb 24 2017 - 21:23

Major

• Players
  • 40441 battles

I miss the long 88 fire and reloading sounds...

A LOT...

Sometimes I would just fire to hear that sexyness

CelticArchangel #8 Posted Feb 25 2017 - 10:46

Captain

• Players
  • 15147 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Feb 24 2017 - 11:39, said:

Its been "back" for quite a while now:

http://forum.worldof...unds-mod-v-109/

Just from a new person. The same person the Gnomefather mentions in the second Facebook post.

Yes it has, but not with Gnomefather at the wheel. He had put out a request for someone to come forward and work with him to learn the new Wwise system. 
Now he's working with Zorgane to recreate his original sound mod. 

Avalon304 #9 Posted Feb 25 2017 - 11:55

Major

• Players
  • 27000 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View PostCelticArchangel, on Feb 25 2017 - 01:46, said:

Yes it has, but not with Gnomefather at the wheel. He had put out a request for someone to come forward and work with him to learn the new Wwise system. 
Now he's working with Zorgane to recreate his original sound mod. 

The thing is... Zorgane's version was pretty much an exact copy of the last version that Gnomefather put out.

lukzomg1 #10 Posted Feb 25 2017 - 12:00

Captain

• Players
  • 49038 battles
This is best news in this game i had in a while.  Missed Gnomes mods a ton.  Panthers and E50s, among others, sounded A FREAKINGMAZING.   Holding my fingers crossed for this.

Also tagged with Gnomefather, Gun Sounds, Mods

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users