Jump to content


Horrendous lag spikes since 9.17.1 update

lag

  • Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

zigguart #61 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:16

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6674 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    03-29-2016
Arrggh! I thought it would be ok this afternoon but it was choppy even then.  Seems like if the server is at 17k plus players it's [edited].  I tried the west coast but it is 100-150 ping all the time.  After playing the game with 35ms ping for over a year i cant get used to that at all. In fact now i feel sorry for people that have to play with that ping rate. Its not like the game just came to the US, or this is the launch of a new title.  I have been through all those things before (pretty much every MMO)

Luca_Folf #62 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:21

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18540 battles
  • 162
  • [PWNCE] PWNCE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2011

View Postzigguart, on Mar 19 2017 - 18:16, said:

Arrggh! I thought it would be ok this afternoon but it was choppy even then.  Seems like if the server is at 17k plus players it's [edited].  I tried the west coast but it is 100-150 ping all the time.  After playing the game with 35ms ping for over a year i cant get used to that at all. In fact now i feel sorry for people that have to play with that ping rate. Its not like the game just came to the US, or this is the launch of a new title.  I have been through all those things before (pretty much every MMO)

 

i get an average of 110 and the game normaly runns smoothly, last night, nothing under 300 ping, checked login twice today, base 230+ for ping on either server

 



zigguart #63 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 21:14

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6674 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    03-29-2016

View PostLuca_Folf, on Mar 19 2017 - 19:21, said:

 

i get an average of 110 and the game normaly runns smoothly, last night, nothing under 300 ping, checked login twice today, base 230+ for ping on either server

 

 

I think it is a matter of being used to much lower ping.  I was seeing some red as well, so might have been fluctuating as well. 

Luca_Folf #64 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 00:10

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 18540 battles
  • 162
  • [PWNCE] PWNCE
  • Member since:
    05-19-2011

View Postzigguart, on Mar 19 2017 - 20:14, said:

 

I think it is a matter of being used to much lower ping.  I was seeing some red as well, so might have been fluctuating as well. 

 

im not the only person experiencing monster high ping at 300+ as a constant, Do hope the problem gets fixed soon

Dark_Matter_ #65 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 14:21

    Private

  • Players
  • 53417 battles
  • 9
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    10-11-2012

For me, shortly after 9.17.1, the internet route to NA east goes through 2 bad routers (5-20% packet loss each) and NA West goes through a really bad router (10-25% packet loss).  Two of the routes must be notoriously bad as they show up on some "Router Watch" list  from DSLReports.

 

NA East Router: http://www.dslreports.com/routerwatch/if-ae-12-2.tcore1.NTO-New-York.as6453.net

     -Also if-ae-14-14.thar2.NJY-Newark.as6453.net seems to reach 20+% loss at prime time and is right after that one on my route.

 

NA West Router: http://www.dslreports.com/routerwatch/if-ae-1-2.tcore1.SQN-San-Jose.as6453.net

     -At this early time in the morning ping plotter says its already 16% packet loss.  Prime times must be terrible.


Edited by Dark_Matter_, Mar 20 2017 - 14:35.


zigguart #66 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 14:52

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6674 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    03-29-2016
I am not sure if they changed anything last night or not but I was able to play with 20k people on East. No packet loss, hopefully it wasn't just a fluke.  I do notice that it is routing me to a different core address.

Shukka #67 Posted Yesterday, 12:49 AM

    Corporal

  • Beta Testers
  • 12365 battles
  • 72
  • [DETOX] DETOX
  • Member since:
    10-22-2010

I have been experience this yo yo ping it is getting really hard to play sometimes. Spikes from 30 pin to 300 ping and this will go on for 4-7 secs and you get dead really quick when that happens.



zigguart #68 Posted Yesterday, 02:29 PM

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6674 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    03-29-2016
I was wrong, the ping was back last night with a passion.  To top it off war gaming is closing my ticket, I guess the only answer we get is "we know there is problem and we are working on it" :(

Blackstone #69 Posted Today, 12:20 PM

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 2833 battles
  • 94
  • [OTHG] OTHG
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

View Postzigguart, on Mar 21 2017 - 08:29, said:

I was wrong, the ping was back last night with a passion.  To top it off war gaming is closing my ticket, I guess the only answer we get is "we know there is problem and we are working on it" :(

 

Yep. Came back with vengeance. Ping spikes of over 999 lasted at times 20+ minutes.

Because of the that, I couldn't finish the special mission for the T25 marathon.

Thanks Wargaming, because ya know...reasons....

It's been almost 2 weeks. They need to fix this ASAP.



zigguart #70 Posted Today, 02:42 PM

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 6674 battles
  • 15
  • Member since:
    03-29-2016

View PostBlackstone, on Mar 22 2017 - 12:20, said:

 

Yep. Came back with vengeance. Ping spikes of over 999 lasted at times 20+ minutes.

Because of the that, I couldn't finish the special mission for the T25 marathon.

Thanks Wargaming, because ya know...reasons....

It's been almost 2 weeks. They need to fix this ASAP.

 

That sux man, I gave up on that mission over the weekend.  I am just doing tank rewards nation missions now.  It is really a shame that the lag came about when so many people are trying to grind out the Pilot.  I simply haven't got the time to put in the games I would need to complete some of them.

black_colt #71 Posted Today, 03:59 PM

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 3337 battles
  • 1,220
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

View PostDark_Matter_, on Mar 20 2017 - 05:21, said:

For me, shortly after 9.17.1, the internet route to NA east goes through 2 bad routers (5-20% packet loss each) and NA West goes through a really bad router (10-25% packet loss).  Two of the routes must be notoriously bad as they show up on some "Router Watch" list  from DSLReports.

 

NA East Router: http://www.dslreports.com/routerwatch/if-ae-12-2.tcore1.NTO-New-York.as6453.net

     -Also if-ae-14-14.thar2.NJY-Newark.as6453.net seems to reach 20+% loss at prime time and is right after that one on my route.

 

NA West Router: http://www.dslreports.com/routerwatch/if-ae-1-2.tcore1.SQN-San-Jose.as6453.net

     -At this early time in the morning ping plotter says its already 16% packet loss.  Prime times must be terrible.

 

So I am not the only person that is having the same thing happen - for me it is on the third hop and 20-40% packet loss - for NA West - lovely.

 

For those of you with more network experience - is there a way to force the client [the game app] or OS to not use those servers with high packet loss?

 

Or are we at the mercy of the ISP?

 



Blackstone #72 Posted Today, 11:08 PM

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 2833 battles
  • 94
  • [OTHG] OTHG
  • Member since:
    04-19-2011

OK. i JUST ABOUT HAD IT WITH THIS BS! OUT OF 3 GAMES, TWO HAVE MASSIVE LAG SPIKES AND PACKET LOSS AND THE GAME WILL BE UNPLAYABLE FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR! THIS BS NEEDS TO BE FIXED NOW! PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO PLAY YOUR GODDAMN GAME AND BAD ENOUGH PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO COMPLETE MISSIONS! TWO WEEKS NOW WITH THIS! TWO WEEKS!!!!! wth!!!!!! I'VE SUBMITTED A TICKET AND YOU GIVE THE SAME GENERIC BS RESPONSE. WHY DO I HAVE TO GO OUT OF WAY TO USE SOME DAMN SOFTWARE TO PROVE WHAT LITERALLY HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT?

 

THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS NOT ON US, IT'S ON YOU. PROVE THAT YOU CARE ABOUT THE FAN BASE AND FIX IT !!!!

 

I'm sorry people, but I'm frustrated and I feel like we're being ignored. something needs to be done ASAP!


Edited by Blackstone, Today, 11:10 PM.






Also tagged with lag

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users


    Blackstone