Horrendous lag spikes since 9.17.1 update

lag

• Please log in to reply
130 replies to this topic

zigguart #61 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8316 battles
Arrggh! I thought it would be ok this afternoon but it was choppy even then.  Seems like if the server is at 17k plus players it's [edited].  I tried the west coast but it is 100-150 ping all the time.  After playing the game with 35ms ping for over a year i cant get used to that at all. In fact now i feel sorry for people that have to play with that ping rate. Its not like the game just came to the US, or this is the launch of a new title.  I have been through all those things before (pretty much every MMO)

Luca_Folf #62 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 19:21

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20226 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

View Postzigguart, on Mar 19 2017 - 18:16, said:

Arrggh! I thought it would be ok this afternoon but it was choppy even then.  Seems like if the server is at 17k plus players it's [edited].  I tried the west coast but it is 100-150 ping all the time.  After playing the game with 35ms ping for over a year i cant get used to that at all. In fact now i feel sorry for people that have to play with that ping rate. Its not like the game just came to the US, or this is the launch of a new title.  I have been through all those things before (pretty much every MMO)

i get an average of 110 and the game normaly runns smoothly, last night, nothing under 300 ping, checked login twice today, base 230+ for ping on either server

zigguart #63 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 21:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8316 battles

View PostLuca_Folf, on Mar 19 2017 - 19:21, said:

i get an average of 110 and the game normaly runns smoothly, last night, nothing under 300 ping, checked login twice today, base 230+ for ping on either server

I think it is a matter of being used to much lower ping.  I was seeing some red as well, so might have been fluctuating as well. 

Luca_Folf #64 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 00:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20226 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

View Postzigguart, on Mar 19 2017 - 20:14, said:

I think it is a matter of being used to much lower ping.  I was seeing some red as well, so might have been fluctuating as well. 

im not the only person experiencing monster high ping at 300+ as a constant, Do hope the problem gets fixed soon

Dark_Matter_ #65 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 14:21

Private

• Players
  • 56216 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

For me, shortly after 9.17.1, the internet route to NA east goes through 2 bad routers (5-20% packet loss each) and NA West goes through a really bad router (10-25% packet loss).  Two of the routes must be notoriously bad as they show up on some "Router Watch" list  from DSLReports.

NA East Router: http://www.dslreports.com/routerwatch/if-ae-12-2.tcore1.NTO-New-York.as6453.net

-Also if-ae-14-14.thar2.NJY-Newark.as6453.net seems to reach 20+% loss at prime time and is right after that one on my route.

NA West Router: http://www.dslreports.com/routerwatch/if-ae-1-2.tcore1.SQN-San-Jose.as6453.net

-At this early time in the morning ping plotter says its already 16% packet loss.  Prime times must be terrible.

Edited by Dark_Matter_, Mar 20 2017 - 14:35.

zigguart #66 Posted Mar 20 2017 - 14:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8316 battles
I am not sure if they changed anything last night or not but I was able to play with 20k people on East. No packet loss, hopefully it wasn't just a fluke.  I do notice that it is routing me to a different core address.

Shukka #67 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 00:49

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 12610 battles
  • [DETOX] DETOX

I have been experience this yo yo ping it is getting really hard to play sometimes. Spikes from 30 pin to 300 ping and this will go on for 4-7 secs and you get dead really quick when that happens.

zigguart #68 Posted Mar 21 2017 - 14:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8316 battles
I was wrong, the ping was back last night with a passion.  To top it off war gaming is closing my ticket, I guess the only answer we get is "we know there is problem and we are working on it" :(

Blackstone #69 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 12:20

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7923 battles

View Postzigguart, on Mar 21 2017 - 08:29, said:

I was wrong, the ping was back last night with a passion.  To top it off war gaming is closing my ticket, I guess the only answer we get is "we know there is problem and we are working on it" :(

Yep. Came back with vengeance. Ping spikes of over 999 lasted at times 20+ minutes.

Because of the that, I couldn't finish the special mission for the T25 marathon.

Thanks Wargaming, because ya know...reasons....

It's been almost 2 weeks. They need to fix this ASAP.

zigguart #70 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 14:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8316 battles

View PostBlackstone, on Mar 22 2017 - 12:20, said:

Yep. Came back with vengeance. Ping spikes of over 999 lasted at times 20+ minutes.

Because of the that, I couldn't finish the special mission for the T25 marathon.

Thanks Wargaming, because ya know...reasons....

It's been almost 2 weeks. They need to fix this ASAP.

That sux man, I gave up on that mission over the weekend.  I am just doing tank rewards nation missions now.  It is really a shame that the lag came about when so many people are trying to grind out the Pilot.  I simply haven't got the time to put in the games I would need to complete some of them.

black_colt #71 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 15:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostDark_Matter_, on Mar 20 2017 - 05:21, said:

For me, shortly after 9.17.1, the internet route to NA east goes through 2 bad routers (5-20% packet loss each) and NA West goes through a really bad router (10-25% packet loss).  Two of the routes must be notoriously bad as they show up on some "Router Watch" list  from DSLReports.

NA East Router: http://www.dslreports.com/routerwatch/if-ae-12-2.tcore1.NTO-New-York.as6453.net

-Also if-ae-14-14.thar2.NJY-Newark.as6453.net seems to reach 20+% loss at prime time and is right after that one on my route.

NA West Router: http://www.dslreports.com/routerwatch/if-ae-1-2.tcore1.SQN-San-Jose.as6453.net

-At this early time in the morning ping plotter says its already 16% packet loss.  Prime times must be terrible.

So I am not the only person that is having the same thing happen - for me it is on the third hop and 20-40% packet loss - for NA West - lovely.

For those of you with more network experience - is there a way to force the client [the game app] or OS to not use those servers with high packet loss?

Or are we at the mercy of the ISP?

Blackstone #72 Posted Mar 22 2017 - 23:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7923 battles

OK. i JUST ABOUT HAD IT WITH THIS BS! OUT OF 3 GAMES, TWO HAVE MASSIVE LAG SPIKES AND PACKET LOSS AND THE GAME WILL BE UNPLAYABLE FOR AT LEAST AN HOUR! THIS BS NEEDS TO BE FIXED NOW! PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO PLAY YOUR GODDAMN GAME AND BAD ENOUGH PEOPLE ARE TRYING TO COMPLETE MISSIONS! TWO WEEKS NOW WITH THIS! TWO WEEKS!!!!! wth!!!!!! I'VE SUBMITTED A TICKET AND YOU GIVE THE SAME GENERIC BS RESPONSE. WHY DO I HAVE TO GO OUT OF WAY TO USE SOME DAMN SOFTWARE TO PROVE WHAT LITERALLY HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE HAVE COMPLAINED ABOUT?

THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS NOT ON US, IT'S ON YOU. PROVE THAT YOU CARE ABOUT THE FAN BASE AND FIX IT !!!!

I'm sorry people, but I'm frustrated and I feel like we're being ignored. something needs to be done ASAP!

Edited by Blackstone, Mar 22 2017 - 23:10.

kmsshaffer #73 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 02:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 39587 battles
  • [UGKB] UGKB

Yep, I and many of the peeps in the clan I belong to have been experiencing the same issue since 9.17.1.  I opened a ticket and ran their little tool.  So guess what, if you have any mods running they pretty much blame them.  What a load of crap!  The game ran fine with the few mods I have been using fo about 2 or 3 years now and it runs fine most of the time now even since the latest update.  However, during those times when it is taking lag and spikes, it's nearly impossible to play and certainly next to impossible to maintain any level of consistency.   

The last post says it pretty well.  So well that I believe it's worth repeating:

THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS NOT ON US, IT'S ON YOU. PROVE THAT YOU CARE ABOUT THE FAN BASE AND FIX IT !!!!

I'm sorry people, but I'm frustrated and I feel like we're being ignored. something needs to be done ASAP!

Blackstone #74 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 03:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7923 battles

I would say that the game has been 80% unplayable this evening. that is completely unacceptable. Because of this issue, I believe WG owes all of it's customers an apology AND compensation. This is the LEAST they can do. 

If WG can spend time and money on making a commercial with a old has-been action hero, then they can most certainly spend the time and money to fix this problem. WG, you're insulting your customers.

Edited by Blackstone, Mar 23 2017 - 03:30.

WinterBurn #75 Posted Mar 23 2017 - 15:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29407 battles

I've been experiencing annoying connection issues for the last couple of weeks as well. It's most noticable while driving the tank. It will turn randomly sometimes, or when I try to adjust it will over-adjust by a lot. Last night I was trying to peek around a corner by just tapping "W" and instead I ended up driving forward about 20 meters with that one tap and exposed the side of my tank to a TD.

My ping used to average around 60-70 but is now constantly fluctuating by 20-50 points, occasionally spiking to 150, and rarely much higher. Over the last week or so I've gotten disconnected from the server in the garage a number of times, usually during an afk so I don't know if they've added an idle timer or what.

Overall playability has suffered. It's frustrating to miss shots and/or die because of laggy buffoonery.

squiddmonster #76 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 00:19

Private

• Players
  • 54476 battles
  • [VENG] VENG
Hey WG; Figure out your problems and fix them. You said that game play was a top priority this year. Well so far you fail miserably and this little update made it worse. Lag is so bad I yolo without even trying. Today with the update I cant go into tech tree or research anything. Its not my system its your system. Fix it its ridiculous that we have to go thru this. 

black_colt #77 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 00:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Postsquiddmonster, on Mar 23 2017 - 15:19, said:

Hey WG; Figure out your problems and fix them. You said that game play was a top priority this year. Well so far you fail miserably and this little update made it worse. Lag is so bad I yolo without even trying. Today with the update I cant go into tech tree or research anything. Its not my system its your system. Fix it its ridiculous that we have to go thru this. 

If you are running XVM, there are reports, from other threads, that installing the latest version of XVM resolves the garage, mouse over issues, etc. which was posted today.

There are also reports that MODs/MOD Packs are also causing issues after the micro-patch - if you are running MODs/MOD Packs I suggest that you list the MOD developer to see if there are any updates.

While this will not help you now with the lag right now ... where you aware that WarGaming is asking for data to help them lower ping rates and packet loss for data via a locked Topic?

If not, here is the URL - http://forum.worldof...ad-this-thread/ - please consider reading and providing the information they are asking for. I suspect that they may regret asking ... 

Who knows - maybe a sudden rush of Support Tickets will spur a fix quicker ... especially if someone's bonus is linked to successful Support Ticket resolutions ..

Hope this helps ...

Edited by black_colt, Mar 24 2017 - 00:46.

black_colt #78 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 00:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Postkmsshaffer, on Mar 22 2017 - 17:03, said:

Yep, I and many of the peeps in the clan I belong to have been experiencing the same issue since 9.17.1.  I opened a ticket and ran their little tool.  So guess what, if you have any mods running they pretty much blame them.  What a load of crap!  The game ran fine with the few mods I have been using fo about 2 or 3 years now and it runs fine most of the time now even since the latest update.  However, during those times when it is taking lag and spikes, it's nearly impossible to play and certainly next to impossible to maintain any level of consistency.   

The last post says it pretty well.  So well that I believe it's worth repeating:

While this will not help you now with the lag right now ... where you aware that WarGaming is asking for data to help them lower ping rates and packet loss for data via a locked Topic?

If not, here is the URL - http://forum.worldof...ad-this-thread/ - please consider reading and providing the information they are asking for. I suspect that they may regret asking ... 

Who knows - maybe a sudden rush of Support Tickets will spur a fix quicker ... especially if someone's bonus is linked to successful Support Ticket resolutions ..

Hope this helps ...

Mister_Twigs #79 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 01:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 29479 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3

I'm beginning to feel the pain myself, the game has become less and less enjoyable to play because of the lag spikes. And I'm really beginning to think that since they really don't seem to care! That we as the player base may wish to look for an alternative method for getting this corrected.

Anyone that has some suggests go ahead and list them, but I was personally thinking that a few calls to the BB from a few hundred players might open some eyes!!

Oh and I don't run any mods!!

Edited by Mister_Twigs, Mar 24 2017 - 01:47.

Styo #80 Posted Mar 24 2017 - 03:56

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 17669 battles
  • [-NK-] -NK-
Anyone contact BBB yet?

Also tagged with lag

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users