Graphics go crazy in new update!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

UTurnTerminator #1 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 01:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4635 battles

Hello tankers!

I play WOT on my most powerful system, which is a 2014 iMac. WOT has always been a little shaky on it from time to time, but playing it in windowed mode takes care of pretty much all the bugs... until now.

The range of bugs I'm seeing after the update is very interesting, and I'm trying to get some screenshots together here so you can see what I mean. When I enter battle, all the "objects" on the map (from structures like buildings and rocks to destructible items like trees and lampposts all "flicker" in and out of existence when I'm looking at them. When an object is "gone" I seem to be able to spot through it like it isn't there, though I cannot shoot through them. It's a very surreal sort of glitch, and I'm hoping the replay picked it all up.

In the garage, the tiles where the tanks should be are all black squares, though I can click on them and it pulls up the tanks that are there.

Finally, the windowed box has a white bar at the bottom for some reason, which squishes the top of the game up and out of frame, so I can't see the battle button. I just made the box bigger than normal, and that seemed to solve the problem though. Going to full screen crashes the game, though that's not new.

I know the ultimate solution to this dilemma is to buy a practical PC instead of trying to make WOT run on the wonky OS-X computer, but until that's in the cards, I'm open to any suggestions to get my tanks back in action!

Thanks in advance for any help, I'll try and get these screenshots/replays somewhere where I can embed them to the forums here.

UTurnTerminator #2 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 01:49

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4635 battles
...and I just realized I put this in the wrong bug section. My apologies to the mods, that was my mistake.

Playz4Fun #3 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 03:25

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1514 battles
  • [TTGF] TTGF

Well, the first problem is that you're on a MAC and not a Windows Machine...

jk

Honestly and seriously, though, you may just be having some monitor issues. Sometimes the monitor is to blame.

UTurnTerminator #4 Posted Feb 26 2017 - 07:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4635 battles

View PostPlayz4Fun, on Feb 26 2017 - 03:25, said:

Well, the first problem is that you're on a MAC and not a Windows Machine...

jk

Honestly and seriously, though, you may just be having some monitor issues. Sometimes the monitor is to blame.

Tell me about it. This iMac can do maybe a quarter what my old PC can do... but it plays WOT at a much higher frame rate than the PC... for now.

I'm thinking it may have something to do with the resolution settings, but we'll see what they come up with. I did finally post in the proper place, and did include a shaky-cam video of what I'm seeing too.

I'm hoping there will be a patch or something rolling out, but the sooner it get fixed the better- I miss my tanks already. :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users