Panzer 5 / 4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

AERHAE #1 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 16:38

Private

• Players
  • 13503 battles
Is there anything that can be done to allow this tank to be redistributed to the public?
Gold Price?
Extension on a tree?
Completeing all trees for the German line?

I really like the tank and would like the chance to aquire it please.
Thankyou for your time.

AERHAE

Lert #2 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 16:40

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 37748 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
Not gonna happen. It would cheapen the uniqueness of the tank. It was a preorder bonus and the Alpha (same tank, but even more rare) was a bonus tank for valuable contributors to the community.

Kodan #3 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 16:43

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3299 battles
Actually they already broke their word about this tank not being available outside of preorders. There was MMOSITE.COM contest last month and one of the rewards was this tank. Another was the even more rare russian beta gift tank. Not sure why the KV-220 is unavailable for purchase on our server according to what I heard the US beta tank the Sherman is available in the Russian server store as a premium.

tankboy1138 #4 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 16:44

Captain

• Players
  • 10438 battles
  • [TB] TB
I believe there will be a trade system out in the future... so you could acquire it through that. and since most players hate the 5/4, you'll probably get a goo price for it. :P

Kodan #5 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 18:26

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 3299 battles
They have actually said they are most likely no longer going to implement the trading or selling of tanks to player feature.

TardSpanker #6 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 18:38

Private

• Players
  • 0 battles
You really don't want that tank...

cy7 #7 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 18:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 5050 battles

View PostTardSpanker, on Aug 11 2011 - 18:38, said:

You really don't want that tank...

Yeah, really. I actually sold mine for garage space. The VK3601 is better in almost every way, I'd just rather play that.

OneShot2011 #8 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 19:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5935 battles
  • [SEA] SEA

View Postcy7, on Aug 11 2011 - 18:51, said:

Yeah, really. I actually sold mine for garage space. The VK3601 is better in almost every way, I'd just rather play that.
It was actually pretty good at ramming artillery.

Warfish #9 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 19:08

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5963 battles
It's not the greatest tank.

But I have to Admit, I love it, and what it helped me do at release.

I still play mine at least once a day, and it's still one of my most played tanks.

It's just flat-out undergunned for the competition, but it makes for a fun machine-gunning HE spammer once in a while.

AERHAE #10 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 19:24

Private

• Players
  • 13503 battles
If the proformance of the tank panzer 5/4 is not all that good or great ,I see no reason for it not being released to the public.Im really not interested in its proformance or how it plays,im actually just interestd in it for the way it looks.Thanks for the feed back,keep it coming.
AERHAE

Warfish #11 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 20:11

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 5963 battles

View PostAERHAE, on Aug 11 2011 - 19:24, said:

I see no reason for it not being released to the public.

I think the reason was stated right off, the V-IV Tank was a special limited-time offer gift to players who choose to support Wargamming via Pre-Order pre-release.  

To take the special limited-edition'ness of the tank away and open it to anyone woth gold, or toss in in the tech-tree, would reduce it's special factor, and make a number of pre-order players unhappy.

As it is, I would not expect Wargamming to aquiese to your request.  They seem to be quite stabel in their idea of limited-edition items (Pre-orders, Beta-Testers, etc.) and do not seem to have plans to go back on the limited-edition aspect for those who bought in early.

If you only wish to have it for looks, may I suggest you work your way up the German Tank Tree to the Panther V or the Panther II, both of whom are very similar in appearance to the V-IV, with the difference being only in the turret and gun barrel.  It may not be exactly what you want, but it is freely available to all, and looks very very cool in and of itself, on the same tank body you seem to like.

Darth_Cheney #12 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 20:18

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 11805 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostOneShot2011, on Aug 11 2011 - 19:04, said:

It was actually pretty good at ramming artillery.

It was highly effective as a counter scout and arty demolisher.

That being said, tanks near it's tier or higher rip it to shreds.

Fun tank though. I enjoyed my games in it.

Siegewolf #13 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 20:20

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 27534 battles
  • [FOXEY] FOXEY
Yes, as an owner of one of these I wish I could sell it to another player (I vendored my M4 already - wish I hadn't).  It really is a marginal tank.  My biggest gripe about it is its inability to depress its gun.  It is fast, it does have a panther hull but it is all but a fixture in my garage that I only pull out now and then for double exp.  If you are into collecting tanks I understand thoroughly.  Maybe in the future they may open things up and allow the purchase of these in game items.  I am looking forward to the new Soviet Premium heavy coming out next patch.  It looks nice, as long as its not the price of the Lowe now Ill consider buying it.

AERHAE #14 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 20:27

Private

• Players
  • 13503 battles

View PostWarfish, on Aug 11 2011 - 20:11, said:

I think the reason was stated right off, the V-IV Tank was a special limited-time offer gift to players who choose to support Wargamming via Pre-Order pre-release.  

To take the special limited-edition'ness of the tank away and open it to anyone woth gold, or toss in in the tech-tree, would reduce it's special factor, and make a number of pre-order players unhappy.

As it is, I would not expect Wargamming to aquiese to your request.  They seem to be quite stabel in their idea of limited-edition items (Pre-orders, Beta-Testers, etc.) and do not seem to have plans to go back on the limited-edition aspect for those who bought in early.

If you only wish to have it for looks, may I suggest you work your way up the German Tank Tree to the Panther V or the Panther II, both of whom are very similar in appearance to the V-IV, with the difference being only in the turret and gun barrel.  It may not be exactly what you want, but it is freely available to all, and looks very very cool in and of itself, on the same tank body you seem to like.
I already have those tanks as I already have most of the german tanks acception the new ones in the latest release.
Ive been playing MMO's online since cable internet was introduced over a decade ago.MMO's that offer a limited edition anything turns out to be a nightmare for a player in return if they are out of reach.Ive seen this in collectors editions in other games such Star Wars Gallixies or the latest Star Wars the old republic,yes I pre ordered the Collectors Edition.For the most part its a failed system.
A system that wins, allows everyone to particpate at some point in time.
I would have pre ordered this game to recieve the Panzer 5/4 but did not learn about this game until about two months ago.This is not a reason for something to be out of reach like I have seen with other games and their limited editons of anything.
If its profitable,if its wanted,give it to the players to keep the interest up as well as show to the player bases your willingness to provide requests.Its simple things like this that will raise the promotion level of this game for staying on top of planed absolesence.
Thankyou for your feedback.
AERHAE

NavyCuda #15 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 20:37

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 16026 battles
  • [CGN] CGN
Panzer V/IV is another excellent cash cow, although not directly on par with Löwe is makes excellent credits.  I would say that I average about 20k profit a round with PzV/IV.  So combining it with Löwe and my other premium tanks it doesn't take long to fill up the bank account.

Anyone who sold it, just for the slot is crazy!

Ravenor #16 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 20:42

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 13530 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

View PostNavyCuda, on Aug 11 2011 - 20:37, said:

Panzer V/IV is another excellent cash cow, although not directly on par with Löwe is makes excellent credits.  I would say that I average about 20k profit a round with PzV/IV.  So combining it with Löwe and my other premium tanks it doesn't take long to fill up the bank account.

Anyone who sold it, just for the slot is crazy!

I concur.  While I *DID* sell my beta sherman because it really has no major redeeming value in my opinion... if you drive the V/IV like a heavy Leopard, it is a wonderful vehicle.  I've had more than one game where I punched into the backfield, killed all four arty by myself, and effectively won the game for our team.  If you think of it as a front line fighting tank, it is genuinely awful... but treat it right, and it will love you back.

NavyCuda #17 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 21:18

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 16026 battles
  • [CGN] CGN

View PostRavenor, on Aug 11 2011 - 20:42, said:

I concur.  While I *DID* sell my beta sherman because it really has no major redeeming value in my opinion... if you drive the V/IV like a heavy Leopard, it is a wonderful vehicle.  I've had more than one game where I punched into the backfield, killed all four arty by myself, and effectively won the game for our team.  If you think of it as a front line fighting tank, it is genuinely awful... but treat it right, and it will love you back.

I want to sell my beta m4 whatever it is, it's such a horrible tank, but it was a gift so I can't bring myself to sell it.

Wran_Slayer #18 Posted Aug 11 2011 - 21:48

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 4451 battles

View PostNavyCuda, on Aug 11 2011 - 21:18, said:

I want to sell my beta m4 whatever it is, it's such a horrible tank, but it was a gift so I can't bring myself to sell it.

I sold mine. The garage spot was a lot more valuable than such a crap little tank. I have been tempted to sell my V/IV but as I actually paid for it I will hold onto it for the time being.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users