New style !

tank skin

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

agtdetructor #1 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 01:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10578 battles

Hello guys, remember that Christmas event where we have to edit a KV-2 tank  :playing:

It would not be great to see our tanks with that style, of course, I'm not talking about Christmas lights and decorations, I mean bags, helmets, trunks, boxes, nets, and all those things that WWII soldiers set up in their Tanks, it would be cool truth, they could sell like camouflages and inscriptions are sold, they are not good for anything, but who does not want his tank to differ from the others in battles and that all look and say, look how beautiful Tank shows its power, I would marry a tank like this :girl:.

Here I leave some images of what a real tank looked like in World War II :P

I hope the contribution of an admin :)

Medessec #2 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 01:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 26431 battles
  • [GNET] GNET

I'm pretty sure Tank customization for players on an individual basis would require some considerable additions to the client... every little customization and every little possibility needs to be recorded and sent to each client, and every client has to be able to see it. This is mostly accounting for the hundreds upon hundreds of tanks in the game, think about that... 10-15 customization options, even though they might be the same, they're going to be in a different position on every tank, with different lighting, possibly different textures (due to the different tone of each nation). That would require tremendous amounts of work.

Honestly, despite that, I'd be all for it. It'd be a great opportunity for WG to offer cosmetics that players would have to pay gold for. It'd also be a great opportunity for WG to develop "exclusive" and "rare" customization additions, much like the exclusive and rare premium tanks. However I would stress that it should keep the tone of the game- worn out ammo boxes, rusted tools, much in the style of Sarafanov's work on the HD tanks. No stupid, flashy, ridiculous Type 59 Gs.

agtdetructor #3 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 01:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10578 battles

View PostMedessec, on Feb 27 2017 - 01:31, said:

I'm pretty sure Tank customization for players on an individual basis would require some considerable additions to the client... every little customization and every little possibility needs to be recorded and sent to each client, and every client has to be able to see it. This is mostly accounting for the hundreds upon hundreds of tanks in the game, think about that... 10-15 customization options, even though they might be the same, they're going to be in a different position on every tank, with different lighting, possibly different textures (due to the different tone of each nation). That would require tremendous amounts of work.

I think you exaggerate a little, if you could implement techniques of rebound, physics, bombing at the beginning of departure, planes passing through the skies, without making our computers explode, simple cosmetics will not do either, a test are camouflage, flags and inscriptions And there are also some tanks that have styles like, such as cromwell B, fury etc.

SenaKashiwazaki #4 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 02:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10838 battles
  • [4SAKN] 4SAKN
I would love this.... Please war gaming add this!!!

Allegra #5 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 08:18

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 8142 battles
  • [W-S] W-S

View Postagtdetructor, on Feb 27 2017 - 09:52, said:

Here I leave some images of what a real tank looked like in World War II :P

I hope the contribution of an admin :)

I have not seen this photo before - certainly interesting. 

Talk about buffing their armour.

But apart from that, I can see what appears to be a bedroll, two footlockers and and entrenching tool (probably for their loo :))

All they're missing is the kitchen sink.

Cheers

agtdetructor #6 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 22:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10578 battles

View PostSenaKashiwazaki, on Feb 27 2017 - 02:36, said:

I would love this.... Please war gaming add this!!!

View PostAllegra, on Feb 27 2017 - 08:18, said:

But apart from that, I can see what appears to be a bedroll, two footlockers and and entrenching tool (probably for their loo :))

Cheers

Thank you :)

Practically the crew make of their tanks a second home

I just want more perzonalisacion of the tank :( another thing I would like to see, that the projectiles were more realistic, as in the movie fury

That some tanks do not explode when dying, simple that they are barred or ignited, also that between less life has a tank is more deteriorated and damaged, I remember those moving parts of the tank WG had promised with the forgotten havok engine, I was very excited with that video :(

Edited by agtdetructor, Feb 27 2017 - 22:53.

Allegra #7 Posted Feb 28 2017 - 09:57

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 8142 battles
  • [W-S] W-S

View Postagtdetructor, on Feb 28 2017 - 07:22, said:

Thank you :)

Practically the crew make of their tanks a second home

I just want more perzonalisacion of the tank :( another thing I would like to see, that the projectiles were more realistic, as in the movie fury

That some tanks do not explode when dying, simple that they are barred or ignited, also that between less life has a tank is more deteriorated and damaged, I remember those moving parts of the tank WG had promised with the forgotten havok engine, I was very excited withthat video :(

I understand what you're saying, however I don't think it's going to happen, but I wish you luck in your quest.

Look on the bright side, the Defender has an accordian/concertina on the rear of the turret :bajan:

Cheers

agtdetructor #8 Posted Mar 11 2017 - 23:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10578 battles
:(

aethervox #9 Posted Mar 12 2017 - 20:44

Major

• Players
  • 25007 battles
  • [PFLL] PFLL

A good idea, OP. However, I wonder how practical some stuff in your idea is and which might be difficult to add.

Something that WG has already in the game are the City Coats of Arms of Russia (mostly).

Here is something (an idea) that WG could actually expand on easily - like City Coats of Arms for all non-Russian cities (which are all on Wikipedia).

I'd buy some if they were offered. I'd bet a lot of players would.

agtdetructor #10 Posted Mar 18 2017 - 23:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10578 battles
Only the Russians would buy it

pepe_trueno #11 Posted Mar 19 2017 - 03:24

Major

• Players
  • 38238 battles

View PostAllegra, on Feb 27 2017 - 08:18, said:

Cheers

we need russian stronk bed armor

Also tagged with tank skin

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users