Jump to content


The Object 252U Defender's Cashgrab,, until being nerfed in a month


  • Please log in to reply
170 replies to this topic

Dallen9 #1 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 04:06

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12800 battles
  • 114
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

 

Haha seems balanced to me !

 

Seriously, Do we blame employee stupidity that tanks this unbalanced are added or is wargaming that desperate to increase profit/rip off customers prior to the nerf?

 

This should be labeled "How to screw over your customer base 101"



WhatsThisBoxFor #2 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 04:08

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9 battles
  • 944
  • Member since:
    09-20-2015
Actually it's getting a RoF buff so that it's DPM isn't gutter trash, or so I've heard.

Perhaps learn to take advantage of its numerous limitations?

JTM78 #3 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 04:12

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 16228 battles
  • 644
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN
  • Member since:
    08-16-2013
The 252U will not be nerfed. This is the way the new premiums will be. The reason all the new premiums are so stronger is because they don't have preferred MM. Since they don't have preferred MM they must be stronger. If you want a preferred MM tank you better buy it before WoT quits selling them for good.

Edited by JTM78, Feb 27 2017 - 04:13.


IcedBroom #4 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 04:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 29555 battles
  • 5,283
  • Member since:
    04-02-2013
Clearly you forgot WG policy. They don't nerf premiums anymore. Not since the type 59.....Or was it the SP either way they don't nerf premiums period. The SP nerf was like 2 or 3 years ago. Take the kv-5 for example. They buff the crap out of it and now they can't nerf it since it is now over preforming.....Well that was until these new tanks came along and change all that.

Dallen9 #5 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 04:22

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12800 battles
  • 114
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

View PostJTM78, on Feb 26 2017 - 21:12, said:

The 252U will not be nerfed. This is the way the new premiums will be. The reason all the new premiums are so stronger is because they don't have preferred MM. Since they don't have preferred MM they must be stronger. If you want a preferred MM tank you better buy it before WoT quits selling them for good.

 

 

Ever notice how the Defender's armor is closer to tier 10's than Its own tier?

 

The minimum hull armor on the IS-7 is 243mm, on the Defender the minimum is 232. It literally has 11mm worse hull armor than one of the most well armored tier 10's, and its turret is basically the same from the front, excluding the commander's hatch.

 

Why does a mobile tier 8 tank with better alpha damage and similar DPM compared to tier 8's have tier 10 armor?



yoggraid #6 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 04:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 34934 battles
  • 11,476
  • [_D_] _D_
  • Member since:
    10-15-2013

Doesn't need to be nerfed but anyone with a brain already knows to not kemp in front and feed it a steel wall. The sides are almost paper should you move over to one side or the other and one can always try the low profile tumors on top. Tier 9 and 10 guns easily blaze through the upper plate when off to one side or the other and if firing from a elevated position the whole tank becomes a weak spot.

 

I do not understand why people refuse to aim or reposition and try again from a favorable angle.



BucephalusRider #7 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 04:45

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13028 battles
  • 197
  • [2HARM] 2HARM
  • Member since:
    02-28-2014
It's not OP, just exploit it's weakpoints and it's gone.

Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #8 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 04:51

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26418 battles
  • 472
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013
I see it getting a ROF buff and changes to the LFP to make it harder to pen

Harkonen_siegetank #9 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 04:54

    Major

  • Players
  • 27945 battles
  • 5,327
  • [_LOL_] _LOL_
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostJTM78, on Feb 26 2017 - 22:12, said:

The 252U will not be nerfed. This is the way the new premiums will be. The reason all the new premiums are so stronger is because they don't have preferred MM. Since they don't have preferred MM they must be stronger. If you want a preferred MM tank you better buy it before WoT quits selling them for good.

 

And yet it sees tier 6-7 like normal. This is where the problem lies, it just rolfstomp them like nothing. The same exact iasue back then Type 59 went out, WG never learn.

Dallen9 #10 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 04:59

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12800 battles
  • 114
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

TheFochYou has summed up my opinion of the tank quite well with his video

 



WhatsThisBoxFor #11 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 05:03

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9 battles
  • 944
  • Member since:
    09-20-2015

View PostDallen9, on Feb 27 2017 - 04:22, said:

View PostJTM78, on Feb 26 2017 - 21:12, said:

The 252U will not be nerfed. This is the way the new premiums will be. The reason all the new premiums are so stronger is because they don't have preferred MM. Since they don't have preferred MM they must be stronger. If you want a preferred MM tank you better buy it before WoT quits selling them for good.

 

 

Ever notice how the Defender's armor is closer to tier 10's than Its own tier?

 

The minimum hull armor on the IS-7 is 243mm, on the Defender the minimum is 232. It literally has 11mm worse hull armor than one of the most well armored tier 10's, and its turret is basically the same from the front, excluding the commander's hatch.

 

Why does a mobile tier 8 tank with better alpha damage and similar DPM compared to tier 8's have tier 10 armor?

Mobile? That's a nice joke you did there. 

Similar DPM compared to other tier 8s? Yea similar to some of the worst tanks for DPM in the tier. And did you forget the god awful handling and accuracy which further lower the DPM, especially when you miss, because with higher alpha comes higher DOM loss when you crap handling let's you down on a key clutch shot on an enemy that made a mistake. 

Did you miss the fact that the Defenders lower plate takes up the vast majority of the vertical space of the hull, and is therefore very difficult to effectively hide?

Also the Defender, unlike the IS-7 has an easily damaged turret because the cupolas are very easily hit at the ranges this tank is designed for. 

IS-7 one of the most heavily armored tier 10s? Not by a significant margin.

 

I'll give you an A for effort though.



Dallen9 #12 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 05:06

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 12800 battles
  • 114
  • Member since:
    04-17-2011

To those replying "learn to play against it", "exploit it's weaknesses" that is irrelevant. This is not a discussion of how to destroy the tank, but whether it is over-performing compared to its peers.



BaD_cOmPaNy_37 #13 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 05:10

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 9683 battles
  • 34
  • Member since:
    05-08-2014
The gun is corkscrewing right into the ground at point blank ranges.  Day one, it was hitting like a champ.  Today, it was corkscrewing right into the ground from point blank ranges.  Several matches, it was getting nothing but critical hits on med tanks.  I actually tracked a tier 6 ELC.  The corkscrew shots are getting real damn old and this is only day two....

_Gungrave_ #14 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 05:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 33007 battles
  • 7,530
  • Member since:
    12-07-2011

View PostIcedBroom, on Feb 27 2017 - 04:19, said:

Clearly you forgot WG policy. They don't nerf premiums anymore. Not since the type 59.....Or was it the SP either way they don't nerf premiums period. The SP nerf was like 2 or 3 years ago. Take the kv-5 for example. They buff the crap out of it and now they can't nerf it since it is now over preforming.....Well that was until these new tanks came along and change all that.

 

Super P I think it got nerfed but the tank got some hefty buffs a while back so really the "Don't nerf premiums" rule was put into effect after the Type 59 fiasco.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Feb 27 2017 - 05:10.


WhatsThisBoxFor #15 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 05:11

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9 battles
  • 944
  • Member since:
    09-20-2015

View PostDallen9, on Feb 27 2017 - 05:06, said:

To those replying "learn to play against it", "exploit it's weaknesses" that is irrelevant. This is not a discussion of how to destroy the tank, but whether it is over-performing compared to its peers.

Currently I'm sure it is slightly overperforming against its peers. Because this playerbase is like 90% 500 WN8 47%ers who have approximately absolutely no clue how to be anything but useless. And this is a new tank, so it's even more difficult for them to know how to "handle" it, not that they can really handle much of anything in the first place.

 

Players with brains easily take them out. I do it all the time, though I've not actually seen that many of them contrary to what I expected. Only about 2 per side in battles. But they are fairly easy to take advantage of the numerous significant flaws in the tanks.



jack52096 #16 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 05:13

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11604 battles
  • 212
  • [-ADP-] -ADP-
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012
Why are people [edited]it about it being OP? Do you own one? If not then be quiet. I love mine but it's not even close to OP with that giant lower plate that can easily be penned. Just shut up already 

WhatsThisBoxFor #17 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 05:13

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 9 battles
  • 944
  • Member since:
    09-20-2015

View PostBaD_cOmPaNy_37, on Feb 27 2017 - 05:10, said:

  I actually tracked a tier 6 ELC.

What is a tier 6 ELC?



BaD_cOmPaNy_37 #18 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 05:15

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 9683 battles
  • 34
  • Member since:
    05-08-2014
It's that cute little light French tank....  Sorry it's tier 5 not 6.

Edited by BaD_cOmPaNy_37, Feb 27 2017 - 05:17.


jack52096 #19 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 05:16

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11604 battles
  • 212
  • [-ADP-] -ADP-
  • Member since:
    03-05-2012
Plus why are you comparing it to a panther 2? 

Bavor #20 Posted Feb 27 2017 - 05:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 27264 battles
  • 2,159
  • [REL2] REL2
  • Member since:
    04-21-2013

View PostDallen9, on Feb 26 2017 - 22:06, said:

 

Haha seems balanced to me !

 

Seriously, Do we blame employee stupidity that tanks this unbalanced are added or is wargaming that desperate to increase profit/rip off customers prior to the nerf?

 

This should be labeled "How to screw over your customer base 101"

 

Wow!  You think its OP?  Really?  Have you tried aiming when shooting it?  It has 5 or 6 frontal weak spots that you need 150mm-250mm of pen to go through it.  And the sides aren't that strong.  I killed on in a brawl with my IS-6 today.  And everyone was saying the 252 makes the IS-6 obsolete.

 

Instead of calling the tank OP, how about you learn about its weak spots and weaknesses?






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users